A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

E is for Eternity(or the lack thereof)

Sammy
    Sammy

Female
    Number of posts : 915
    Registration date : 2014-05-12

E is for Eternity(or the lack thereof) Empty E is for Eternity(or the lack thereof)

Post by Sammy 11/30/2014, 9:59 pm

Mariasonia sat in the fields, papers scattered in a large circle around her. A large book sat in front of her, wide open to a page with a punch of words in a really tiny print. Thankfully, it was all Greek, or else her brain would've exploded. She tapped a pencil in her hand as she read through page after page. She had a suspicion that her sister might've changed her last name at some point, but it would've been very unlike her to change her first and middle name. She was always very proud of it for some reason. By her logic, if she could find someone in the death records that matched her sister's first and second name, along with a reasonable death date.

She'd been out there for hours, it seemed, and she was beginning to loose hope. She come out to the strawberry fields to do work because at least ten people had asked her if she was sick. Actually, one underworld kid asked if she was dead, but she really didn't want to remember that.

As she scanned one of the last pages, she let out a sigh of frustration. This was the 50th state's death record. She'd read every name in here except for ten or so, and she'd found nothing. That is, until she reached the second-to last name.

Cassandra Alexis Cornelia? No way. Death date, 1967. Could it be? Could she have finally reached a breakthrough? She read over the name a few more times, before releasing a shriek of excitement. She'd done it! She'd found the state her sister had been in at time of death! Now, she just had to figure out the remaining years of her sister's life! Oh, how joyful!
    Watsky
    Watsky

Female
    Number of posts : 620
    Registration date : 2011-01-02

E is for Eternity(or the lack thereof) Empty Re: E is for Eternity(or the lack thereof)

Post by Watsky 12/1/2014, 2:02 am

Lou Hiatt could feel himself burning. He felt his skin beginning to blister and pop as the sun glared down on him and gave him cancer.
    In reality, it was only a little pinkness upon his pale skin that seemed to burn, but only because he forgot sunscreen. He knew his skin would take a tanner complexion once it was all over. For now he looked like an excited child, as his cheeks were red with both the sun, and the labor.
    It was Cabin 11's turn to go strawberry picking, and Lou didnt exactly mind. It gave him a chance for some quiet and time to think about the past week. He almost had conflicting emotions, and he had been beating himself up. On one hand, consistently hurting her for no reason was something he did best, and found quite amusing, but on the other hand, she had opened up to him and what did he do? Hurt her. Threaten her. Lou had never changed. In five years, he hadn't changed. Hurting was his thing.
    He almost felt bad.
    But he also was playing chubby bunny by himself by shoving strawberries in his mouth. He was on five medium sized strawberries, but didn't think the sixth one would fit.
    Sammy
    Sammy

Female

E is for Eternity(or the lack thereof) Empty Re: E is for Eternity(or the lack thereof)

Post by Sammy 12/1/2014, 2:49 am

Oh, she needed to get this back to her cabin right away. There were so many more papers to analyze, so much more to do. She gathered all of her papers, shoving them into a hasty pile, tucked her pencil behind her ear, and began to speed walk out of the fields, back to her bunk.

She was sorting through her papers, still walking, and still analyzing even as she did this. The good part about this is, she gets stuff done faster. The bad part about this is, she doesn't look where she's walking.

This is precisely why she walked right into some poor camper, spilling her entirety of book and papers back onto the ground.

She gasped, before immediately falling onto the dirt, scrambling to get them up. "Oh, I'm terribly sorry! I really must learn to not read and walk at the same time, its a rather reckless habit," She said, piling up the papers and shoving them into books. Oh, gods, this was going to be so disorganized. She'd have to spend an hour refiling things.
    Watsky
    Watsky

Female

Post by Watsky 12/1/2014, 3:41 am

And, ah.. Ah! Six! Six strawberries in his mouth. A truly glimmering moment for him. Write it down, ladies, this may be the best moment of Lou Hiatt's life. Please, no flash photography. The star will be available after the seven o'clock show for autographs and meet & greets.

In the middle of his daydream, some goddamn kid ran right into him, making him stumble back and drop four oh so precious strawberries from his gathering basket. But upon second glance and yanking an earbud out, Lou realised it wasn't just some camper, it was Mariasonia. The girl who almost killed him!! (With reason, but Lou would rather see himself the victim.)
    It was Mariasonia, gathering her papers, and as Lou bent down to help her, he realised he had six strawberries in his mouth.
    That's attractive.
    With a quick dive behind a bush, he quickly spat out the sweet fruit, and returned to Maria's aid. "Hi," he giggled.
    Sammy
    Sammy

Female

Post by Sammy 12/1/2014, 3:51 am

Mariasonia took one look at the victim of her clumsiness, and her entire demeanor changed. "Oh," was all she said, and rather harshly as well,"You again."

She stood up quickly, tossed her hair over her shoulder, and took one last sweeping glance to check for papers. After concluding that there were, in fact none, she looked at the face of the boy who she'd been avoiding so devotedly.

"Well, yes, thank you for your help, but I need to be moving on. Good day," She greeted, thanked, then just as quickly dismissed herself, slipping past him and strutting on, though rather slowly. She wasn't leaving just yet, for though she had quite certainly gathered all of her things, she felt as if she'd forgotten something.

Probably just the sun getting to her. After all, she was usually very thorough with her quick getaways.
    Watsky
    Watsky

Female

Post by Watsky 12/1/2014, 4:11 am

Her coldness had Lou's smile flicker, but he wasn't about to let her go that easily. He kinda, liked her? In a weird way.
    With a single stride he caught up with her and draped a thin arm over her shoulders. "Oh, come on," he whined, giving her his cutest sleep-deprived puppy eyes, hold his half filled basket of fruit out in front of them. "A peace offering," he said, proceeding to wave his arm. Who can resist fresh picked strawberries?
    "I'll help you take all those papers back to your desk. There's dirt all over them!" Honestly, she was lucky he was in a good mood.
    Sammy
    Sammy

Female

Post by Sammy 12/1/2014, 4:47 am

Mariasonia stopped walking, looking at him suspiciously. Something was very...bright with him today, and she didn't like it. It made him ten times harder to hate.

Nevertheless, she took a strawberry out of the basket, biting a bit of it off and nodding approvingly, before continuing onwards, now moving at a regular pace. Whatever she had lost must have caught up to her.

"You seem very kind today. Pray tell, what hasgotten into you?" She asked, with a slight bit of mocked interest, but not much. She took another strawberry and promptly tossed the other one away.

Last edited by athena on 6/26/2015, 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Watsky
    Watsky

Female

Post by Watsky 12/1/2014, 12:46 pm

Lou laughed, short and sweet. He watched their short shadows as they walked, indicating the time. He had to turn in his basket soon.
    "I chain smoked this morning, got some sun. I've got plans in the city tonight. Why wouldn't I be absolutely perfect?" He smiled towards her and took a bite from a particularly large berry. "I'd ask for company, but I know your answer." He raised his voice to a higher pitch. "Why would I, a Victorian mistress, want you and your cigarettes as company?!" He laughed, the red of his cheeks intensifying with his blush.
    Sammy
    Sammy

Female

Post by Sammy 12/1/2014, 7:42 pm

"Oh, yes, I would certainly deny you. Mostly because of you, but also due to the fact that I hardly survived the city when I first arrived. Dreadfully loud, and very flashy. The experience gave me a terrible migraine," She recalled, wondering how so many people could bare to walk the streets daily.

"Though I suppose it isn't all bad. I've heard wonderful things about the library," she concluded, taking another strawberry. From the basket.

She continued walking for a while, keeping her eyes cast towards the tilled ground. Finally, after a few savored moments of silence she spoke,"I really should apologize about the other day. I really shouldn't have handled it the way that I did." She said shortly, bracing herself for whatever was to come. Normally, the other person would apologize on their own behalf, and the two would move on. But this wasn't normal. Gods, whatever the hell this was, it certainly wasn't anything close to normal.
    Watsky
    Watsky

Female

Post by Watsky 12/2/2014, 12:26 pm

Apologies? She was apologizing? It was almost enough to trigger another laugh. "Well, I didnt enjoy the sword to my neck. I forgive you if you'll forgive me?" He smiled at her softly. "If you do, I'll show you around New York. And not the bad parts, I promise." He imagined the two of them window shopping and having a lunch in Central Park and grinned. It was so funny to think about. Nice, but unrealistic. But he could try. "A date?"
    Sammy
    Sammy

Female

Post by Sammy 12/2/2014, 9:46 pm

She considered the offer, taking a strawberry and biting into it thoughtfully. "All is forgiven, then. Though I would prefer a proper courting, and approval from the King and all citizens of thine land," She joked dramatically, with a bit of a sigh, "Oh, well. I suppose strawberries will just have to do."

"I'm free the day after tomorrow. The entire twenty-four hours. I was planning on doing some research, though I can most likely make room for at some later date. One day away from that dreadful desk won't kill me. Hopefully."
    Watsky
    Watsky

Female

Post by Watsky 12/2/2014, 11:42 pm

Lou beamed at her. He had been awfully lonely lately, and maybe it was the sun getting to him, but he might have had feelings for Mariasonia. How long would it last this time? A week? Two?
    He hadn't had a girlfriend in so long. Always thinking it was a waste of time, the sl*ts just leave him and cheat on him. Well, he did the same to them a lot of the time. So maybe it wasn't that bad. But in the end he felt nothing when they left. Maybe lonliness, grief, but he never felt that physical heartbreak people seemed to describe as the worst feeling. Sometimes he just. Didn't feel. It probably wasn't normal to have such disregard for romantic feelings, but he didn't like thinking about it. Looking in the mirror was just as good.
    "So," he smiled, handing the basket to a fellow Hermes offspring. "Will you meet me at the tree at five PM? I probably have a button up shirt somewhere!" He leaned down and kissed her cheek softly. Then he took a sibling by the hand and walked off with the visibly terrified teenager.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 3/28/2024, 5:29 am