A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

4 posters

Romulus' Bunk

Shade
    Shade
    Role Playing Legend

Male
    Number of posts : 23711
    Registration date : 2010-07-05

Romulus' Bunk Empty Romulus' Bunk

Post by Shade 12/23/2014, 7:59 pm

Perfect, orderly, and not a blemish anywhere. That was what the bunk, and area surrounding it, of Romulus Emanuel Mercury looked like. There was nothing out of place and it could quite possibly be mistaken for a bunk that was empty if of course it was not for the full drawer and the neatly stacked books sitting next to it. Romulus was no perfectionist but he did however like to make sure that everything was the way it was supposed to be, he was in the First Cohort for crying out loud. You didn’t just get into it because of who your parents were…Okay so that was not completely true but he didn’t get into the Cohort because of who his parents were. No, he earned the right to call himself a legionnaire of the best Cohort and he was going to make sure he kept that position. Currently the bed was empty just like every other bunk in the Barrack because the First Cohort was out doing some sort of training or another.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Romulus' Bunk Empty Re: Romulus' Bunk

Post by Morgan Landry 6/21/2015, 9:48 am

Mercury flew in, coming to a graceful stop next to Romulus' bed. Clean, not a spot, everything in its place. Even the kid's carefully trimmed hair would make Terminus nod in approval. Now that's a Roman, Mercury thought, taking a package out of his satchel and putting it on his night table, stacking it next to the other books. Then he unfurled the wings of his shoes and helmet and took off, flapping away into the starry night sky.

To: Romulus Mercury
    Gift: 'Venus' guide to teenage dating', latest edition. In emergencies, it turns into an oaken spear with an imperial gold blade that can burst into fire [for three posts].

OOC: Dude I had no idea what to do
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male
    Number of posts : 4470
    Registration date : 2014-11-16

Post by Green 7/2/2015, 8:14 pm

here was a stomping noise that came from the feet of a manic female Roman statue. The auto statue of Juno came toward the boy, glaring at him with deep black eyes. "You!" She growled, raising her lotus staff that was in her right hand. "I told you to do the dishes!!"
    Shade
    Shade
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Shade 7/2/2015, 10:43 pm

Romulus had an interesting day. His Cohort was woken up earlier than usual for standard military Physical Fitness Training, or PT for short, at 0400 then an hour and a half later the officers had an officer meeting while the rest of the cohort was busy doing map reading. Both of which lasted for an hour before they took a ten minute march from the Map Reading to another section of the field of Mars for eagle riding. As it was early morning it of course only lasted for half an hour and when it was done the Cohort was allowed to hit the showers. At exactly 0800, when the allotted shower time was over with, they marched as a Cohort to Breakfast. Romulus had two eggs, a glass of milk, two slices of buttered toast, a cup of fruit containing strawberries, grapes, and cut up pieces of bananas.

From there the Cohort split up for their respected training routines that they would usually have during the day. Romulus’ of course consisting of an assortment of hand-to-hand combat training, tactical and strategical planning, sword training (a class he actually lead), first-aid (the one lead by Leandra for her sake), lunch, horseback riding (a class not many people knew Romulus took), and now of course it was his break period before he met back up with the rest of the Cohort. A break he intended to spend reading whatever book he found at his bunk first down at the beach. But, of course to do so it meant returning to his bunk to get said book. Upon returning to his bunk he discarded his jeans and long sleeved t-shirt in favor of a short sleeved Camp-Jupiter shirt and a black bathing suit.

Picking up the book, 'Venus' guide to teenage dating', he turned to leave only to be met face to face with an animatronic Juno statue pointing a golden staff in his face shouting at him about doing the dishes. Or rather her implying that she told him he was supposed to do the dishes. This of course should have surprised most Demi-Gods or anyone for that matter as it was a truly strange situation and the animatronic looked quite dangerous. The Son of Quirinus would be lying if he tried to say he wasn’t surprised but it wasn’t due to the giant robot Juno yelling about dishes. No, he was surprised because it had somehow snuck up on him. Something not very many people have ever done. “I did do the dishes.” He replied looking the thing dead in the eyes, as if daring it to argue his statement. He’d love to see what this thing could do.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 7/2/2015, 11:07 pm

"Don't sass me!!" The animated statue scream, swinging her lotus scepter at the son of Quirinus. "You show some respect!" She added tearing the bed apart as well as the walls.
    Shade
    Shade
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Shade 7/2/2015, 11:38 pm

So, the Juno robot didn’t take too kindly to Romulus’ reply. He kind of figured that, but for the thing to try and attack him, which he of course roll dodged away from, and break his bed and the wall behind it in the process? That was a bit extreme. Most Demi-Gods would have come up with some quick retort, a funny one-liner or something in reply to the Juno-Bot’s yelling but Romulus was not most Demi-Gods. When he ‘entered battle mode’ as some of his Cohort members called it he got focused. Analyzing every angle, every opportunity, and each and every situation. Thinking five steps ahead of his opponents, once he figured out how they thought he could even predict their own movements before they did by placing himself in a situation simply to get a certain reaction out of them. Simple psychology really.

This? This was slightly different. This was an eight foot tall, give or take, robot Juno statue and it was pissed off at Romulus for not doing the dishes. Why? Because it was Tuesday. All the interesting things happened on a Tuesday. Running his hand down the spine of the book in his hand it ‘activated’ and turned into an oaken spear with an imperial gold blade. Spinning the spear in his hand, the weight absolutely perfect he moved himself into an offensive position and waited for the perfect moment. Which came when the Robo-Juno swung its scepter smashing apart the walls but also exposing it’s under arms. It was time to see how much damage he could do. Ducking down below her arms, which wasn’t that hard to do with the height difference, he jabbed the spear forwards and up aiming at Robo-Juno’s right armpit. Hephaestus forgive him if this was one of his.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 7/5/2015, 1:06 pm

With a metal shout, Robo-Juno moved away and looked underneath her armpit to see a spear sticking out of it. "Foolish child! You never hit a woman!" She snatched the spear out of her arm and threw it at the ground before recovering from her swing at Romulus and standing up straight. "Now take this beating like a man!" She shouted and rose her foot to stomp on the perfect Roman demigod.
    Shade
    Shade
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Shade 7/6/2015, 5:57 pm

Not only did his attack do next to nothing but before he could even pull the spear back and get into a defensive stance the Robot somehow ripped it out of his hands and threw it off to the side out of reach. Romulus of course had little to no time to react however as he noticed her moving once more, ignoring whatever it was she was saying because it more than likely had absolutely nothing to do with the fight. That or was something that wouldn’t matter in the long run. Shaking his head he reacted to her next attack…or temper tantrum really. Because, let’s be honest she was about 8 foot and he was 5 feet 8 inches, so sure he was shorter than the robo-Juno but he wasn’t that short. Attempting to step on him was going to do absolutely nothing.

Stepping backwards, out of the range of her foot he then jumped and barrel rolled off to the side and picked up his spear. Twisting it up into his hands he moved into a defensive stance that could quickly be turned into an offensive one if necessary. From here he slowly walked around the mechanized Juno letting his eyes analyze her. Searching for weak spots, the eyes were an obvious choice but hard to hit, the shoulder joints seemed loose but again hard to hit, perhaps the back of the leg behind the knee? One quick side stab and pull could topple her but he’d of course have to get behind her and he had a feeling that wasn’t going to be happening very easily. “Why exactly are you attack me?” He asked still circling the animatronic, looking for an opening all the while staying just out of her range of attack.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 7/7/2015, 12:51 am

"Why? Because you're a b@stard child!" She shouted, looking around as the Roman circled her. She wanted him to make the next move, just to see what he was made out of.
    Shade
    Shade
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Shade 7/7/2015, 11:26 am

That was her reason? Because he was a B**stard child? Sure, it was true not just for him but for all Demi-Gods but that was a terrible reason. He wasn’t even a son of Jupiter. Well technically Jupiter was his great-grandfather due to the fact that Mars was his grandfather but that didn’t mean anything. Juno had no reason to hate him; at least not the real Juno. However, it was apparently enough for this robotic copy. “Aren’t we all? That still doesn’t explain why me. You could have attacked anyone in the camp. Meaning you have no reason, you’re defective aren’t you?” Sure, probably not the best idea to call the eight foot tall celestial bronze robotic Juno defective but whatever got her mad. Got her swinging without thinking and thus fighting without planning. Made his job easier.

His right foot crossed over his left and Romulus spun himself around spear flying out so the pole was resting across the back of his right arm and the rest behind his back. He himself was now facing sideways but just enough so that he was behind the animatronic and he jerked the spear back attempting to stab it sideways into the spot behind her furthest kneecap. If successful he would then of course pull the spear back so it not only got lodged in but was then forcibly pulled out a different way than the spear head went into her leg. Right into and out of her other leg in the exact same position. If this worked it would force her to fall down and would put Romulus in a perfect position to move behind her completely and jam the head of the spear into the back of her head. Hopefully and effectively ending this fight. The only problem was he needed this to work. Otherwise he’d be a tad bit close for his comfort.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 7/7/2015, 12:06 pm

The Juno-Robo couldn't react quickly enough to stop the proficient Roman demigod from stabbing it into the back out the kneecap, causing it to fall to it's patella. Then the other one was hit, making her go on 'all fours'. "Foolish child! You dare disrespect your queen?!"
    Shade
    Shade
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Shade 7/7/2015, 1:33 pm

Dare disrespect his queen? She honestly believed she was the Queen of the Gods? Amazing. “You are not Juno. I dare disrespect a defective robotic imitation.” He said jabbing his spear forwards in a downwards arc. It was aimed to go down through the top of the animatronic’s head and come out on the other side near the bottom part of her neck. IF she was made like an actual human and or God than the attack would not only go through her brain but then sever the connection from the spinal cord to the brain. Effectively killing her. His only hope was that the wires and what not that made her up were connected the same way as every humanoid that he currently knew existed. Hephaestus’ kids were amazing at the little details and if things were going right for him than so too would their father be.

((sorry bad post))
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 7/7/2015, 8:41 pm

The spear went right through Robo-Juno's head. Sparks started flying in every direction. "F-f-f-foolish m-m-mortal." It tried to stand, but slipped back down. It's head crushing to the floor. "Mother O-o-o-ops. Aid your da---" With that, her eyes stopped glowing and the robo went limp.
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male
    Number of posts : 1193
    Registration date : 2015-08-05

Post by redline2400 5/12/2016, 3:32 pm

There were a few benefits from being on leave, and for me, one of them was the ability to actually sit back and review my problems and life and goals without worrying about the next drill or training session. And after 4,000 miles of air travel, 6 beers ingested illegally, 2 drivers licenses acquired (one legal, one fake), $500 in birthday money from mortal family and a victory in a one-sided brawl sparked by one of the previously mentioned beers, I had figured out what needed to be done.

I had been in the legion for roughly six years, all six spent in the second, with three major conflicts under my 17 year old belt. All six years were served with the utmost of honor, and the projected four were planed to be spent that way too. But after spending so much time as a base legionnaire, so much time spent serving the legion and Rome and the gods, remaining put in my life was no way to carry on.

I thought about a lot over the past two weeks of leave, and it has become clear to me in the weeks since I've returned what needs to be done. If I'm going to call myself a Roman, and live amongst my comrades after serving the land I've adopted as my home, I was going to have to place myself higher in the world. Make a name for myself. Build a solid, reputable legacy that will survive me for generations to come.

It became clear that I was going to have to promote. I was going to have to rise through the ranks, climb the legion's ladder of order.

But the thing is, I don't see myself as the greatest candidate for an officer. Humbling thing to tell myself, yes, but I have my reasons. My combat was poor, at least from a defensive standpoint, and although I have taken every open slot my superiors have had to fill, there was nothing that was impressive, nothing that stood out about my record.

Besides, I'm weak, have a lackluster lineage, and have a pretty average social status. If I wanted to promote, I would have to either do something extraordinary like survive a quest (which the chances of even getting one were slim), leading the charge in a victorious battle (even slimmer odds there), or make the right people my friends. Sure, there was Tiberia, but graft was the last thing I'd want as the source of my promotion. And there were the combative and physical shortcomings that had to be ironed out before such a position - whatever it may be - would be seen with my name filling it's slot.

Honestly, I was in desperate need of help.

So for the past few hours, I've been mulling over who I should go and somehow convince to assist me in making myself less...meh. It took awhile to narrow down the candidates - optios, centurions, even the praetors themselves (although they were written off very early) - before finally settling on the victim for my desperate panhandling. Romulus, the Optio of the 1st Cohort.

Intimidating fellow, ol' Rom, but one of the most "Roman" Romans out there. Honestly, if he wasn't flesh and blood, the only other place you'd find him would be on some rice-paper propaganda sign. Diligent, hard working, always serious, and kicked a** like it wasn't his job and rather a hobby. For all I knew, it probably was.

I knew him, barely, but enough that it wouldn't be entirely awkward to approach him. After all, he was close with Tiberia, and I was close with her, so there weren't many degrees of separation between us. Or at least there wasn't on paper.

So, mind made up and dressed in the usual BDU - lorica segmentata and khakis, Mainz gladius strapped to my left hip - I made the walk over to the First Cohort, took a deep breath, and entered the barracks looking for their second-in-command.
    Shade
    Shade
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Shade 5/12/2016, 5:15 pm

Since the conversation with Spencer he had come to accept his fate. Somewhat. He was always going to be his arrogant self that much he could see now and the blow to his ego would always be there but he had at least started to see that how he had been acting was not the way he should have been. It was definitely not what a true Roman would have done and just went on to prove that he was not perfect. No one was. However that didn’t change who he as a person was and although he was listening to the doctors a little bit more he was still going out of his way to stay in shape. To keep himself up to par and prepared for anything when he was relieved and deemed fit for duty once more.

He had just returned from the bath house after a very exhausting and exhilarating work out. No longer was he forcing his body past its limits or pushing his body through insane workouts or sparing regiments that moved him through paces he had never anticipated doing before. That of course did not mean that the workout had pushed him to his limits; that the trip he had taken to the bath house had not made him feel absolutely wonderful or that he had returned to his room anticipating a nice easy going and or relaxing time while he collected himself before his cohort met for diner. At least he assumed so, he had been at the arena for quite some time and was quite certain that it was very much so past the allotted time for lunch for anyone.

What he had not expected was for someone else to make their way into the barracks and in full Legion BDUs. In fact he was quite certain he recognized the individual in question. He was of course not a part of the 1st Cohort and was instead in the 3rd Cohort. If he remembered correctly he was a friend of Tiberia’s which made him run through a list of names and faces trying to match them together before coming to a match. Dean Basilone a son of Securitas and one of the people who were there while Tiberia was at the Wolf House, around the end of his second year there as well. However the two of them had not interacted all that often despite being a part of the legion for the same amount of time.

Which of course prompted the question. Why was he here now? Slinging his legs over the edge of his bunk and planting his feet on the ground he turned to look at the only person currently in the barracks. “Dean, right? Mind if I ask what it is you’re doing here?” Sure, it probably came off a bit harsh but he was in the wrong barracks and there was no way he did not know that. The few conclusions that came to mind were not all positive. Giving someone the benefit of the doubt was usually not in Romulus’ ideology but as the man in question was a friend of Tiberia’s he felt that the man’s reasoning for being here was not negative or deviant in nature. The guy never truly gave off that type of ‘vibe’ but you could never truly know someone. “The 1st Cohort is currently at Eagle Flying.” It was not a question but a statement. To make sure he could judge the man’s reaction and reasoning for being there.

Last edited by Shade on 5/12/2016, 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 5/12/2016, 5:42 pm

It wasn't hard finding the guy, who was just lounging around on his bed. Not what I'd imagine from him, but stranger things have happened. Like telepathic wolves and gold that is strong enough to craft into weapons.

When I walked in, I made sure to put forth the most presentable expression I could: straight face, chest in, shoulders back, spine as straight as I could get it. Delivery was going to be key here, and presentation would fall right in line with that.

As I approached him, he asked me what I was doing there and informed me that the rest of the First was out flying eagles - which made sense; I'm from the Third, this is the First, and only he was there; of course he would ask why I'd be coming in there.

Coming to a stop at the foot of his bed, I responded to the highest Optio in the camp's reasonable inquiry with a straight and honest answer: "Well sir," I said, making sure that the nasally Fargo-esq accent I had was well watered down - which it was, thankfully; "I just so happened to come here looking for you. Now, for the reason, permission to be succinct, sir?"

Shade
    Shade
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Shade 5/13/2016, 1:40 pm

Dean had come here looking for him? That was not one of the reasons that Romulus had calculated that the son of Securitas would have come over to the first cohort. At least it wasn’t one of the top ten reasons and the only reasons he could come up with as to why he came here looking for Romulus . . . needless to say none of the reasons seemed very good. At least the first couple of reasons that popped into his mind. Thankfully the other legionnaire was willing to come right out and say what that reason was. “Permission granted; and don’t sugarcoat anything.” Formality, something he had missed. Never thought he’d think that but after being on medical leave for the past two months everyone treated him like he was some expensive china that was going to break.
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 5/24/2016, 10:57 pm

"To be entirely blunt, I need your help. I'm looking to advance my place in the legion, but do not believe I'm the most 'fit' for a position higher than what I already have. My defense in combat is less than stellar, my physical strength is somewhere between average and below average, and I don't believe that my achievements over the past six years would warrant a promotion; not in my eyes at least."

"I'm here not to ask for graft, as I would be back in the third pampering Tiberia if that was what I was looking for. I'm here to ask that you, with your reputation and experience, help make me a better soldier. To help turn me into someone that is less of an average, weak, meat shield and more of a leader of men. Or 10 men. Maybe 30 at the max, but a leader nontheless. Would you be willing to help me with this?"

As soon as I was done saying that impromptu speech, I was certain that a fist to my face was in my future. Begging the Optio of the most eminent cohort to be a mentor? I probably just authorized my own discharge.
    Shade
    Shade
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Shade 7/12/2016, 1:27 am

Romulus listened. Arms crossed over his chest as the other legionnaire told him everything. It was an interesting proposition. Obviously thought out, not as much as Romulus himself perhaps but then again most people were not as . . . meticulous . . . as Romulus himself was. He made sure to attempt to at least know of each and every person in the Legion in case he ever had to come across them in War Games, a spar, or something else entirely. To plan accordingly. Was he paranoid? Yes. Admittedly so. His position as Opito of the 1st Cohort, one of the Sword fighting classes teachers, and a war room teacher helped with this but he still didn’t know a lot about Dean. Sure, he was friends with Tiberia and she had good judgement. Which was possibly why this ma-no boy in front of him was still just a legionnaire.

Hands behind his back in a modified version of parade rest he moved into a position he’d be in if he was inspecting a platoon or a legionnaire during well an inspection. Which in his mind he was, except instead of looking for inconsistencies in uniform or things of that sort he was instead seizing up the son of Securitas. ‘Noticeable’ strength was definitely what Romulus would consider average like stated if he was being generous, had to be in shape at least somewhat to be in the legion, he’d never once hear Tiberia or anyone else compliment the boy’s analytical mind either but he had guts. He had the guts to come and ask Romulus for help, which meant he had humility. Was able to put his pride aside, realize he had problems and was able to confront them. Given his own current situation Romulus respected that.

Having finished circling Dean he stood in front of him looking down at the boy. Sure he was only about an inch taller than he was but Romulus was still a very intimidating person if you didn’t know him, and even more so if you did. Seemingly thinking over what Dean said, as he had just finished about the time Romulus finished his inspection, he stood there for a couple of seconds. “Okay.” That was his response. The first word out of his mouth and it was the only one for a good couple of seconds as he let it sink in. “You will do exactly as I say. You will not complain and you will not talk back. You will give it your all and more. Mentally and physically. I will push you past your limits and you will hurt. All of it though is to turn you into the man you want to be. You will do what I have planned on top of your regular schedule. If you have any complaints at any time hold them in. If you want to quit I will not stop you but will not give you a second opportunity.” He looked the other legionnaire directly in the eyes here. “Understood?”

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 3/28/2024, 4:26 am