A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

4 posters

Book Club #2

Trevor
    Trevor
    Loyal Member

Male
    Number of posts : 3286
    Registration date : 2011-09-09

Book Club #2 Empty Book Club #2

Post by Trevor 1/11/2015, 12:23 pm

Hey guys! This is Book Club, a place where every week we look at topics posted from the member pool and give feed back, both positive and constructive criticism. Also we have fun reading what others have written for us! That being said there are a few rules.

Rules
    ∆ Please be respectful and offer positive comments.
    ∆ Negativity is discourage
    ∆ However that being said, constructive criticism is encouraged. (As a rule of thumb, perhaps 3 positive comments for every constructive/negative comment)
    ∆ A friend of mine once put this in a good way so I'm going to quote her. "Don’t say something about the topic is ‘wrong’ or poorly written. Maybe point out a confusing section and suggest revising it for instance, or even offer what you think may have worked better in that situation. Additionally, you could offer to proofread a member’s next post for them – be helpful instead. Positive reinforcement will keep people writing and reading here."
    ∆ If you don't have much to say you can always just say something about the topic that you enjoyed reading, or something that was done well.
    ∆ Don't abuse the Drachma reward by spamming. You only get the reward if you actually participate.

But Wait! There's More!
    If you participate you get a 45 Drachma reward! AND! The person who gives the best feedback will receive 100 Drachma reward.

This Week's Topics!
    I'll provide a brief description of each topic here

Like a needle in the hay
    A really cool read, done between Green and Perca, whose characters Layla, who has a dark past with trust issues meets Derek, a nice Demeter kid, and the two have a interesting confrontation.
    C is for Choir
    This is a really fun topic to read. Between Athena and Carina using their characters Mariasonia and Lou. Their hate-hate relationship is really fun to read, and I had a few laughs while reading it. If you want some more background on their history be sure to read: B is for Blundering Baboon
    Making a Move
    Finishing off this book club we have a topic between Hexisdabest and Lindsey, with their two love birds Alexander and Valerie. It was a really fun read as you watch Alexander come out of his shell. Although this is a matter of taste, I thought it was interesting how they jumped right in without really giving background.
    the sandy beach
    I added this one in just for fun. It's always fun to just mess around and post one liners with friends and that's what Morgan, Dylan(bird) and I did with a new twist of twitter posts. This was really fun and you'll definitely get a laugh out of reading the topic.

That's all for this week's book club! Make sure you leave your feedback! Also if you want to leave a suggestion for next week, feel free to pm me or leave it in your reply.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male
    Number of posts : 4470
    Registration date : 2014-11-16

Book Club #2 Empty Re: Book Club #2

Post by Green 1/11/2015, 4:36 pm

I have to admit, seeing the Twitter posts on the sandy beach thread was pretty awesome. I especially love how they used "#'s" in some of their respondes! I think I'm more impressed that they gave thier demigods their own Twitter accounts! How awesome is that?
    Daffodil987
    Daffodil987

Female
    Number of posts : 206
    Registration date : 2014-10-25

Post by Daffodil987 1/12/2015, 8:50 pm

A Needle in A Haystack:
    -Okay so I loved this, BUT I wish I got a better description of the character's. I didn't even know Layla's name until somewhere around the fifth post.
    -I seriously love Layla's character, can't wait to stalk see more of her rps.
    -I also really loved the whole-mysterious past thing. I liked the fact that you didn't tell us everything right away, it keep me reading, wanting to know her story.
    -I really enjoyed the character's choice of words and how you could practically know so much about them by just reading their said words.
    -Over all this was super cute, I totally loved it.
    Trevor
    Trevor
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Trevor 1/18/2015, 9:57 am

Reminder! Today is the last day to participate! The topic closes today at 5
    honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female
    Number of posts : 3396
    Registration date : 2011-11-12

Post by honey 1/18/2015, 10:19 am

i liked 'like a needle in the hay' because it was interesting--piecing together layla's past to try to explain her behaviour was fun. i just couldn't really finish it, because i have some weird thing where, no matter how good an idea is, if it doesn't have good grammar, i can't read it. it was tolerable in the beginning, but then commas and periods and such were missing, words were misspelled, and i couldn't finish the thing.
    still, i thought it was an interesting and fun read overall!
    and, of course, the sandy beach topic was a laugh :)
    Trevor
    Trevor
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Trevor 1/18/2015, 9:04 pm

This weeks book club is now closed! Thank you for all those who participated!
    The winner for this week was Sherlock! Again PM me any suggestion for the next book club!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 3/28/2024, 3:04 pm