A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Silence is golden (BoO spoilers) (Open)

Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female
    Number of posts : 2302
    Registration date : 2014-12-31

Silence is golden (BoO spoilers) (Open) Empty Silence is golden (BoO spoilers) (Open)

Post by Kwacken 1/12/2015, 9:35 pm

Leandra Kershaw looked nothing like her mother, she decided quickly. The small shrine for Angerona had been ordered by Jason Grace following that whole war with Gaea. So many new shrines to every single god and goddess that could be thought of. Leandra was torn on whether or not she was pleased to see her mother's shrine or not.

The small teen was on her knees, head bowed as she tried to pay respects to the goddess who had bore her. It was difficult after all of these years to not resent to minor goddess. Could she even be considered a minor goddess? Few knew the name, even here at camp. Still, the effect that Angerona had on Leandra was not minor.

She silently prayed that she would be able to help people, and swore to uphold the secrets of all who asked. That was her least favorite blessing from her mother. Confessor. The keeper of secrets. She could not reveal. It was a burden on her like no other, so many people's secrets. After six years in the Legion, people knew, there was no stopping that. Still, what was the benefit of it? How did it help her?

It doesn't. It only helps Rome. A voice inside her head said, she shook her head hard, then signed and got up. She moved over to a bench and grabbed a book out of her bag. The shrines were an excellent place read, in silence, to rejuvenate.
    Shade
    Shade
    Role Playing Legend

Male
    Number of posts : 23711
    Registration date : 2010-07-05

Silence is golden (BoO spoilers) (Open) Empty Re: Silence is golden (BoO spoilers) (Open)

Post by Shade 1/12/2015, 10:42 pm

Up the hill walked the five foot eight, one hundred and forty five pound young man. Despite the red hoodie, the jeans, and obvious tape he was unrolling from his hands from a hand to hand combat class he was what some people described as the epitome of a Roman soldier. Like all good soldiers, and sons, he frequented the Temple Hill and even more so now that more Gods and Goddesses had been added to the grounds thanks to Jason Grace. Romulus smiled at the thought of the other boy, he was a great soldier and one who always kept Romulus up on his feet. He had never truly had the pleasure of facing the Pontifex Maximus in one on one combat but he was clearly skilled and kept his word too, he was someone Romulus respected that much could be said.

Upon reaching the top he made his way towards his father, Quirinus, shrine first out of respect. Giving a silent prayer to the God he bowed towards the two next to it, Jupiter and Mars, before continuing on his walk. It had been a week sense he had last visited the shrines and wanted to see which ones had been added sense then, mostly minor Gods it seemed but in Romulus mind even they mattered. If what he had read and heard about the Greeks side of the Titan War were if not for the Minor Gods, Saturn would not have gained the strength and power he had come to have. Shaking his head he stopped noticing someone else on the Hill, someone he faintly recognized praying in front of the statue of Angerona if he was correct; and he usually was.

When she left and moved over to a bench to sit down and read a book he walked up himself to view the statue. It was not as highly lifted or did not send out an aura of power like that of the three that formed the first triad but like all it gave off a vibe. Saying a silent prayer to the Goddess out of respect Romulus turned towards the girl and made his way over to her only to stop short. The aura she have off was...unsettling to say the least; her powers were different and strange and not at all helpful in the traditional sense. A frown formed on the usually stoic face of the legionnaire as he finished making his way to the bench. "Is this seat taken? I do hope I'm not intruding on anything but I was wondering what book it is you are reading."

From his standing position he of course couldn't see the title of the book but was none the less intrigued. But, of course he was also intrigued by the young girl that was sitting down on the bench in front of him. He had heard tales of someone in the legion who took pain from others and held it their own but he had not expected it to be someone quite so small, and then there was the fact of her other power. The one he could barely see, the one that interested his mind more than anything. Sitting down on the bench next to her he held out his hand, "I'm sorry I didn't introduce myself. How rude of me, I am Romulus Son of Quirinus and you?" Pleasantries situated, he waited for her to shake his hand or answer the question of what book she was reading before...continuing his expanding line of thought.

((Sorry the topic was open and seemed interesting. If you were waiting on something else let me know and I can remove the post.))
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Silence is golden (BoO spoilers) (Open) Empty Re: Silence is golden (BoO spoilers) (Open)

Post by Kwacken 1/12/2015, 11:21 pm

Leandra looked up from her book when she heard a boy ask if he could sit, and then the book title. The guy was handsome, no doubt, well built and muscular. The teen girl blushed a little thinking about that. She knew vaguely who the guy was, a big shot in the 1st. "Leandra, daughter of Angerona. And it's Outlander. It's a romance, and a fantasy, but the medical descriptions are quite fantastic as well." She said, smiling at the guy as she reached up and shook his hand.

"I've seen you around the camp, Romulus. Too bad the third and first don't coordinate together often, perhaps we could have met earlier." She said, putting her book down. "Do you come here often?"

Last edited by MandarHobbit on 1/13/2015, 3:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Shade
    Shade
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Shade 1/13/2015, 3:52 pm

Angerona huh? That would explain why she was praying at the statue as well as the powers she seemed to have. Romulus was interested in things simply because he wished to know more, and as he was always being shown that there was more to learn he had come to the conclusion years ago that although he would never know everything he could at least attempt to learn something new every day. However his interest in her extracurricular reading dropped proportionately when the book was mentioned to be that of fiction. Romulus himself was not a fan of any work of fiction and thus saw no reason to continue the conversation in that direction and was relieved when she turned the conversation away from that and onto something else.

At the mention of her having seen him around the camp he could only nod his head in understanding. Of course she would have seen him around camp, it only made sense and running through his memory he collected the data he needed and concluded that he too had seen her around camp. She was quite the healer if he remembered correctly. However what she said next was very true, the third and first cohorts did not work together as much as the first and second did which was a shame. Tiberia was placed in the third cohort along with her brother and although most Romans didn’t truly respect children of Neptune or their children he knew that the brother and sister were quite the pair and anyone was crazy not to see the strategy behind using them in tandem.

“Yes I guess you could say that. Not as often as I should but I attempt to come to visit the Temples and the statues of all the Gods our new Pontifus Maximus is creating every weekend. It is relaxing to me, being away from the hustle and bustle of the barracks and training if only momentarily.” He let a small grin escape onto his face at this point “Do not tell anyone else that though. What would they think if they found out I was human and liked to be lazy every now and then?” It was a lame excuse at a joke, but Romulus wasn’t exactly the best at those. Give him a Gladius and an enemy to destroy any day and he’d rather take that.
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 1/13/2015, 4:11 pm

Leandra smirked a little, then thought about it further and laughed. It took her a second to regain her composure. "Sorry, I was just thinking about that kind of secret. I am not sure you being human counts as a secret, but I assure you, it is safe with me. I'll let everyone continue to think you're a cleverly made automaton."

Of course, that rumor had been floated before. Well, less rumor, more insult. Romulus was one of the Romans with a reputation for being ideally Roman. Perfect soldier. And dreamy too. Leandra couldn't really imagine it, but she guessed he had as little choice being the son of a war god as she had of keeping secrets.

Romulus is human. Her mind latched onto that one. She pushed the thought aside. "I have also enjoyed the new shrines to our minor gods and goddesses. I never expected to see a shrine to everyone, but it seems fitting. Besides, you never know when you're going to seriously need a favor from Fortuna. Unless you gamble, and then you'll always know."
    Shade
    Shade
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Shade 1/13/2015, 4:54 pm

Romulus grinned slightly when she said that the secret was safe with her, and then of course his face fell and he felt slightly solemn. He felt stupid wondering how he of all people could have forgotten something, and something so important. Sure, it wasn’t a true secret he had intended for her to keep but nonetheless she now would have to keep that ‘secret’ and would never again be able to tell anyone else. However when he saw her laughing at the expense, clearly okay with it and even making her own joke back he eased up a little bit. It did no good to ponder on things that were clearly not going to come about that simply made one appear paranoid. Which he was not in any way shape or form, ignore the millions of contingency plans he had for every little detail stacked in the back of his mind. Also ignore the contingency plans for those contingency plans.

He simply nodded his head at the next revelation, of course she would enjoy the new statues to the Minor Gods and Goddesses her mother was of course one of them. This way she would be able to visit her mother’s shrine, or her mother depending on how one looked at it, any time she wanted instead of waiting until the Winter and or Summer Solstice every year. “Very true, however I don’t think I’ll ever be praying to Fortuna. Luck is not my favorite thing, it is an abstract concept whereas faith in one’s self, determination, intelligence, and pure will power are much easier things to hold onto to lead one to victory in any situation.” Pausing he rubbed his chin looking out everyting letting out a sigh. “Isn’t it beautiful? Knowing all this happened because we were able to learn from our mistakes and make things better? It proves not everyone is as dimwitted as they seem.”
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 1/13/2015, 5:22 pm

Leandra shrugged, "All the planning, preparation and determination can mean nothing if the weather doesn't hold. D-Day for World War II was very close to failure because of weather. Perhaps prayer to Fortuna helped turn the luck there. Or Jupiter." She looked around all the shrines, all placed after the Titan War and Giant War.

"It is nice to know that we can learn from our mistakes, but I'm still not sure about the Graecii. I think if there was a reason we went to war and stayed at war, eventually we will rehash old wounds. I understand needing to defeat Gaea, but I do fear the future." She said, her voice quiet and low. She hadn't spoken of her concerns to anyone yet, everyone quite thrilled from the victory of Gaea and new found...what? Cousins? Siblings? Relatives-ish? The Graecii were vital for the victory, Jason Grace had vowed to keep the peace and communication going. But Leandra remembered the attack on the Forum. Eventually, something like that would happen again.
    Shade
    Shade
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Shade 1/13/2015, 6:07 pm

Although she was right Romulus had no intentions of admitting it. Luck, as it were, was simply not something he looked upon favorably. In fact he despised those who based everything onto luck, it was barbaric and they were in a time where things such as luck meant nothing and everything could be brought down to facts. As for fearing the future that was certainly something that had crossed his mind, multiple times in fact. He simply liked to believe that in his lifetime there would be no need to wage war on the Greeks. That for however long this peace lasted he would not be alive to see it squandered and thrown away like it was nothing. He actually quite liked most of the Greeks he had met, especially the Athena children. They seemed to be the only ones able to hold an intellectual conversation with him these days.

That did not mean he was not prepared incase things took a turn for the worse. Quite the contrary actually. He had, in his mind and from what he knew, considered all of the possible outcomes. If he was being completely honest in terms of raw power the Greek camp outnumbered them three hundred to one, however in terms of organization and fighting capabilities the Greeks stood little chance. "I fear not for our future but for the next generation and the generation after that's future. I wish not to admit it but...what you say is more than likely true." Romulus was never wrong, he wasn't wrong about the Greek gods still existing and he had a feeling eventually he wouldn't be wrong about this as well.
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 1/13/2015, 6:40 pm

The possibility of a new war not happening in her life hadn't occurred to the diminutive Roman. Her thoughts were usually on the now or the near future, but it could be delayed. She still wouldn't trust the Graecii anymore than civility calls for. Not as a whole. Still, perhaps she shouldn't be so pessimistic about the entire thing.

Her thoughts turned to the Greek, going somewhere she rarely allowed herself to go. "It is your turn to keep a secret, Romulus. Do you ever wonder if Rome was wrong? Arrogant? We literally changed the faces of the gods. Name, personality, powers, faces. And called it civilization. Do you ever wonder if we might be the cause of the rift?"
    Shade
    Shade
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Shade 1/13/2015, 7:48 pm

Did he think the Romans ruined it for themselves? Did he believe that he or any of the Romans were actually to fault for what happened between them and the Greeks? The answer to that question was quite simple. “No.” It came out harsher than he intended it to, but when you had an ego the size of his you tended not to concern yourself with feelings too much. “The Gods did that to themselves. Think back on our history, the history of my name sake and the Trojan War if you will.” He let this hand for a few seconds in her mind before continuing. “They had already started to change long before Romulus and Remus came to be, Aphrodite actually fighting in battle? Hera caring about the affection or compliments other than anyone besides Zeus himself? Aphrodite conspiring to have her children sneak out before everything went to Pluto? No, they brought this upon themselves.”

This was at least his interpretation of the subject, or part of it anyway. No need to bore her with all the little details and snippets and paranoia that is Romulus when the wheels in his mind start spinning. Not even Tiberia or his own mother could handle him when he started theorizing, so it was safe to assume neither could Leandra. “Like always sense the Fates were born the Gods have been slave to their ways with no chance of free will.”
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 1/14/2015, 1:51 am

"Yeah, the gods are slaves to their ways and yet they changed themselves." Leandra said, putting her book back in her bag finally. She looked around at the shrines, then at the area around them. New Rome. Her home, where she felt more at home than the Rome she was born in.

"I can't agree. If they were changing their ways, then the Greek gods, the Greek personas would be regressions, not duality. Like how we no longer suck our thumbs. The gods are bound by their ways, yes, but they are also influenced by the people who worship them. Rome changed everything. I don't think it was wrong, I think our gods are stronger, better, than their Greek personifications, but... Sometimes I wonder." She said, continuing to look over New Rome. The daughter of a protector of Rome was not really allowed to think that way, but she did at times. Leandra rarely spoke of her negative feelings towards the gods and Rome. It was bordering on treason in her own mind, but the only people who might understand are those also solely dedicated to New Rome. "Right or wrong, Rome is my life."
    Shade
    Shade
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Shade 1/18/2015, 12:00 am

Romulus simply listened. He allowed her to speak her mind, he knew it was unwise for people especially legionnaires like them to think such things but sometimes people needed to get things off of their chests and this was one of those times. When she finished however he thought over what she had said and although he did not completely agree with her, he also could understand where she was coming from. “I can understand your thoughts and concerns. Yes, we did change them because life its self also changed, the way people understood things and the way our society was changed as well. As for better or stronger? That is not truly for us to judge. If they truly were better than the Greek personifications would not be around, and pray tell, how is Minerva better than Athena?” It was one of the many questions he had concerning the differences in the personalities of the Gods.

“Think of it this way, the different aspects are personalities. A single person, one in the same if you will but with multiple personalities. Essentially the Gods have a Multiple Personality Disorder, a sever one at that, but it is limited to two personalities. I will however agree with the fact that Rome is my way of life as well, and I shall live this life to my best and fullest as a I hope you will as well.” The multiple personality disorder was just one of his many theories concerning the Gods he had discussed with those of his cohort and the rare Athena children he had met who had been willing to listen.
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 1/18/2015, 12:36 am

The small Roman giggled at the thought of multiple personality gods. Mentally ill gods. "I don't think that the gods would appreciate implying they have a major mental disorder." She said, composing herself. She ran a hand through her hair, brushing it back.

"Angerona has no Greek counterpart, neither does Quirinus. So I guess our parents are sane...ish." She commented, her face hiding a slight grin. "And Minerva may not be superior to Athena, but the whole is greater than the sum of it's parts. Mars, Jupiter, Juno, all more responsible and noble, caring for things other than themselves."
    Shade
    Shade
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Shade 1/18/2015, 10:36 am

“As sane as any of the Gods truly can be.” He agreed with the younger legionnaire the rest of her statement made sense as well. She needed not to convince him of Rome’s greatness and how they were better but it like everything was simply a matter of opinion. On their part it was of course a biased one and no matter how much they believed it, it would only be taken with a grain of salt to anyone else. “You are half right in that respect. It depends on the origins of Quirinus you chose to believe, whether he is the original Romulus descended into God hood, another aspect of Jupiter, or the Greek version of Janus simply Romanified.” That was an odd word…romanified. Looking up at the sun and it’s position in the sky he frowned standing up and held his hand out to her “It was nice to finally meet you but I believe it is time I left, don’t want to be late for map reading…”

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 3/28/2024, 10:46 am