A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

4 posters

Books, Books, and Books! [OPEN]

unfoldedxmike
    unfoldedxmike

Male
    Number of posts : 19
    Registration date : 2015-01-30

Books, Books, and Books! [OPEN] Empty Books, Books, and Books! [OPEN]

Post by unfoldedxmike 1/31/2015, 10:43 am

Mark entered the Library, and instantly started looking for books. He wanted one that interested him. In all his other years at Camp Half Blood, he never really got to understand the past of it. He just wanted to understand a bit more, if it's even possible. He searched in all the sections, but never got any luck. Unfortunately, he decided to give up. He didn't know what to do then, because he didn't want to waste this journey here for nothing. Matt went over to a section of books that are labeled, "FANTASY." He lifts one up, and flips through the pages. The books pages were slightly yellowed, but it didn't matter much to Mark. He set himself down at a table, and started to read the book.
    moriarty
    moriarty
    Dedicated Member

Female
    Number of posts : 1177
    Registration date : 2013-10-23

Books, Books, and Books! [OPEN] Empty Re: Books, Books, and Books! [OPEN]

Post by moriarty 1/31/2015, 1:51 pm

Hope wheeled into the library, which was her only place of peace and quiet. There were only a few other people there, so she moved over to the Nonfiction section and grabbed a book about mortal nursing. She also grabbed a couple of books from the Fantasy section, planning to spend the entire afternoon in the library. Hope wheeled over to an empty table and got situated, opening the science book.
    unfoldedxmike
    unfoldedxmike

Male

Post by unfoldedxmike 1/31/2015, 2:19 pm

Mark noticed a girl walking into the library. He studied her quickly, from head to toe. He watched her sit down at a table and read a book. He didn't want her to catch him looking at her, though, so he had to think of some plan to watch this girl. He got up from his chair, and went over to a clutter of books, while watching her carefully. He didn't want to look like a stalker, but he also didn't want to let her go.
    moriarty
    moriarty
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by moriarty 1/31/2015, 3:33 pm

Hope readjusted her wheelchair so she could lean forward with her elbows on the table. Her white brittle hair was in a braid down her back.  As she read, she noticed a guy get up and constantly glance over at her. She was used to stares, so she just decided he was like everyone else, and ignored him. Bored of the science book, she picked up "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire" and opened it up. It was one of her favorite fantasy books, but after being at Camp for a year, she wasn't so sure it was fantasy anymore. Many of the campers she had seen had powers similar to Harry and his friends. Hope related to Hermione, given her intelligence, but she thought she was most like Hedwig, snowy white, a insignificant side character, who will die and very few will care.
    unfoldedxmike
    unfoldedxmike

Male

Post by unfoldedxmike 1/31/2015, 3:45 pm

Mark thought the girl had known he was there. He was afraid she did, and if she did... That'd be embarrassing! He casually got a book, which was called "Divergent" and pretended to read it as he walked past the girl, and sat right in front of her. Pathetically, he dropped his book on the floor, but picked it up quickly before anyone seemed to notice. No laughing was heard, so Mark thought nobody heard it. He pretended to read the book, but every... ten seconds, he would look up at the mysterious girl.
    moriarty
    moriarty
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by moriarty 1/31/2015, 7:39 pm

Hope noticed the guy looking at her. Did he think she was that vapid and ignorant? He was reading "Divergent." Hope wasn't partial to the book, but she didn't hate it either. The guy was looking up every so often, clearly hoping she wouldn't notice. She sighed and caught his eye as he looked up."Can I help you?" She glared at him, her reddish pink eyes boring into his.
    unfoldedxmike
    unfoldedxmike

Male

Post by unfoldedxmike 1/31/2015, 9:12 pm

Mark was a little embarrassed that she had noticed him, but he wasn't going to ignore her. "Uh, not exactly. I'm sorry about my wandering eyes, I honestly was just scouting people in case of a friendly person," he said to her. He lied to her, and he wasn't sure she bought it either. Mark thought he was in trouble.
    moriarty
    moriarty
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by moriarty 2/1/2015, 11:00 am

Hope just looked back down at her book, even though she was rolling her eyes on the inside. He was clearly trying to stare, as that's what people did to Hope. She scanned through the pages, but wasn't really paying attention. Hope wheeled over to the nonfiction section, and just scanned the titles, hoping to get away from the creep. Attention definitely wasn't something she wanted, but was always something she got. She looked down at her lap and just thought for a moment when Otto glided into the library and sat on her shoulder. She smiled when he started to go on about his day. Hope definitely prefered the company of owls to people.
    unfoldedxmike
    unfoldedxmike

Male

Post by unfoldedxmike 2/1/2015, 1:23 pm

Mark didn't know if he was creeping her out or not. He noticed her talking to an owl. "I guess that's normal," he muttered to himself. He already thought he blew it. Maybe he was a psychopathic stalker who stalked girls. He didn't know, and he felt sorry for looking at the girl. He walked over to her, his eyes looking at the floor. "Listen, I'm sorry. I really hope we can be friends?" I paused. "My name is Mark. Mark Thomas. What's your name?" Mark asks.
    moriarty
    moriarty
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by moriarty 2/1/2015, 2:54 pm

Hope took a deep breath before speaking. "I-I-I'm Hope Al-al-ala-Alaster." She looked down in her lap. Her stutter, along with her appearance and disability wasn't something that made friends. Her friends were mostly made out of pity, and they didn't stay long; looking for any chance to abandon her that they could. She went back to looking at the books, knowing that Mark wouldn't leave, but hoping that he would.
    unfoldedxmike
    unfoldedxmike

Male

Post by unfoldedxmike 2/1/2015, 3:14 pm

He stared at her. "Hope is a nice name, you know." He said to her. "Why are you so scared to say it? It's not bad or anything. In fact, I like it." He smiled at her, but he didn't know if she saw that. "You look nice," he started to say. He gazed down at the floor, not knowing of what to say. "So, you like to read?" He asked Hope.
    moriarty
    moriarty
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by moriarty 2/1/2015, 5:57 pm

Hope kept her head down and rolled her eyes. He was trying to be her friend she recognized, but he didn't seem to notice that she was autistic. "I-I-I'm not s-s-scared. I h-ha-have a st-t-tutter." She cleared her throat. Yes, she actually was scared out of her mind, and didn't want to talk to him any more. Still, he pressed on. No, I hate reading, that's why I'm in the library by choice. Hope took a deep breath and responded. "Yes." No stutter, which was a miracle, but a short response was best in this situation.
    unfoldedxmike
    unfoldedxmike

Male

Post by unfoldedxmike 2/1/2015, 6:10 pm

"Oh, okay." He said. A stutter, huh? He never met a girl like that before, so it was something different he didn't know what to do about. He didn't want to leave her alone, though, and he didn't know why. Something about her drew him closer to her, wanting to know more. He knew she wanted him to leave her alone. "Hey, uh, Hope.." I said, taking a breath. "Do you mind if I hang around a little?" I knew it wasn't up to her, but if she was really bothered then I would leave.

Last edited by unfoldedxmike on 2/2/2015, 6:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
    moriarty
    moriarty
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by moriarty 2/2/2015, 5:54 pm

Hope sighed. She wasn't going to be sassy, but what she wanted to say was "Its a free country" Instead she just nodded. "S-s-sure." Hope quickly picked a random book and wheeled back over to a table. She knew he would follow, and she didn't understand why he had such an interest in her. A young albino, with autism and was paralyzed from the waist down. Yes, a person to stare at, but not to be interested in.
    unfoldedxmike
    unfoldedxmike

Male

Post by unfoldedxmike 2/2/2015, 6:38 pm

Mark followed Hope over to a table. He sat down, putting his "Divergent"book on the table. "You must think I'm a creep, right?" He asked her. He had been following her for half of the day already, so he wouldn't think she didn't. Besides, everyone did before they got to know Mark. It was just the way he was.
    moriarty
    moriarty
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by moriarty 2/2/2015, 10:14 pm

Hope buried her face in her book. Not wanting to turn him away, but also wanting him to leave her alone. She knew Mark meant well, but the way he was going about it was ridiculous. "Y-y-you're not u-u-unlike a-anyone else. Th-they all s-s-stare at me."
    unfoldedxmike
    unfoldedxmike

Male

Post by unfoldedxmike 2/3/2015, 7:27 am

"I'm not the only one?" He asks her. Mark understood that, because Hope looked like a girl grasping for attention. But, she wasn't, and in fact... She was just the opposite of that.
    moriarty
    moriarty
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by moriarty 2/3/2015, 6:38 pm

Hope sighed. Again. "Wh-wh-why wou-would you be?" She shut her book and looked Mark in the eyes. He was being incredibly annoying, and Otto was complaining about him. He's fishing for attention. You clearly want to be alone. Why does he care so much? Otto communicated to Hope. I don't know, Otto. People give me too much attention.
    unfoldedxmike
    unfoldedxmike

Male

Post by unfoldedxmike 2/3/2015, 7:24 pm

Mark sighed. It's clear she had been through a lot. Mark grabbed his book, and wandered over to another table, not wanting to bother the girl. He still wanted to find out more, but he thought she would've freaked out.
    maya149

Female
    Number of posts : 53
    Registration date : 2016-03-19

Post by maya149 3/21/2016, 8:42 pm

Sixteen year old Ariana was sitting at a table in the library. Her long brown hair was falling in her face as she quickly turned the pages of a thick book. A stack of books sat near her, leaning dangerously to one side. When a boy who she hadn't met before sat down near her, she couldn't help but let out a gasp when she noticed his book. "I absolutely love that book!"
    darcythedemigod7

Female
    Number of posts : 251
    Registration date : 2016-03-31

Post by darcythedemigod7 4/2/2016, 4:49 am

Darcy walked into the library, wearing a MCR tank top,ripped skinny jeans, black high heels and blood red lipstick, her black hair hanging to her waist. In her hands were a few books and a huge blue backpack. 'This is library, correct?' She had a strong British accent, as she walked to one of the shelves. 'I'm Darcy. Darcy Black.'

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/19/2024, 1:51 pm