A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Preparing for Valentine's (private)

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Preparing for Valentine's (private) Empty Preparing for Valentine's (private)

Post by Morgan Landry 2/5/2015, 8:28 am

The evening before a dance was always a big turmoil in the Aphrodite cabin. Everyone was talking excitedly, searching for mirrors, asking others to help them fix this or that, and the bathroom was crowded. In addition, a lot of people liked to come over and prepare with them which sometimes left a sour taste in Cleopatra's mouth. Everyone made fun about how the Aphrodite's were shallow and worthless but when it came to prepare for a dance where special boy/special girl would be at, everyone acted as if they were best pals. She either ignored the pleas or gave them a really stinky makeover, turning them into a ratchet with the Aphrodite cabin's special perma makeup that lasted a week. Aaaah, sweet vengeance. She hated the little harpy dungs who insisted the Aphrodite's were useless. Newsflash, Ares cabin, you don't only fight with weapons. Cleopatra's fights were much more subtle than a punch in the face.

She had come back specially from Barcelona for the dance, bringing with her an expensive Gatsby-like dress her father had picked out for her and given a few arrangements. (Her father's a fashion designer, he knows that kind of stuff.) He had adjusted the dress to her model figure, added sequins and cut it a bit shorter (above the knee) so that it didn't make her look old and in perfect honesty, it was drop-dead gorgeous.
    It was a sheath dress in this peculiar vanilla-rosy color, cut a bit below mid-thigh and stitched with spirals and arabesques of glittering gold spangles, absolutely magnificent. Cleopatra carefully took it out of its bag and admired the garment. It glistened up in the lights of the Aphrodite cabin, twelve mirrors around her giving back reflections of it, behind all her siblings and friends who admired themselves or fixed their get-ups in front of their image.
    Daffodil987
    Daffodil987

Female
    Number of posts : 206
    Registration date : 2014-10-25

Preparing for Valentine's (private) Empty Re: Preparing for Valentine's (private)

Post by Daffodil987 2/5/2015, 8:31 pm

Madison trotted into the Aphrodite cabin, carrying a H&M makeup bag and her dress. Girls glimmering in their ensembles and glamorous makeup whispered in each other ears, and for once it wasn't over Madison.

The Valentine's dance. Also known as the thing people had been talking about for weeks. Madison hadn't been excepting much, after all, this was a (mostly) normal camp. There were mosquitoes, sunburns, poison ivy, and other types of torture one experienced when participating in something that took place in log cabins and outside.

She had obviously been proved wrong. She noticed that all the girls in this cabin were sporting designer gowns, expensive accessories, and high heels so tall Madison would be amazed if nobody called a ambulance in a hour because some poor girl had broken her neck. Heck, these people dressed better than some of her former friends! Of course, no one here was going to look as great as Madison. She was sure of that.

She had come here because she had woken up to finding that the mirror had been covered in frost. Now it almost evening and the frost still hadn't even begun to melt off (ah, the perks living in the Khione cabin). Where else would she go to apply makeup with but the Aphrodite cabin? Sometimes it felt like she had more in common with these girls than her own siblings.

She hadn't made friends with any of them though (except maybe Cleo), they were just so...superficial, which was weird coming from Madison. She was right though, because it seemed like all these girls ever thought about were boys and makeup, which would be okay, if they actually did ever think about anything else. But they didn't. Half the boys here weren't even attracted to them, and it made sense. I mean, you wanna date someone who still has eyebrows when they wipe their makeup off right?

Madison peeked her head inside the Aphrodite cabin, which was, ugh, crowded. Disappointed but not surprised. Madison sighed, and raising her voice called out:

"Hey someone left some Ralph Lauren, Juicy Couture, and DKNY shopping bags outside! Do they belong to anyone in this cabin?"

Madison almost got run over by a stamped off girls only half-done with their makeup. Madison giggled and walked into the now empty bathroom.

Madison was beginning to unzip her bag when she realized one girl was still in the cabin. Aw crap, it was Cleo. Madison turned around to face Cleo with an innocent grin.

"Hello Cleo darling!"

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Preparing for Valentine's (private) Empty Re: Preparing for Valentine's (private)

Post by Morgan Landry 2/6/2015, 4:07 am

"Aw Madison, as gorgeous as always!" Cleopatra smiled and went to give her a hug.

The bathroom was free thanks to her little trick but once the girls realized there were no bags outside, they would come back in. Some boys had scurried out with them too -- not all the fashionistas in the Aphrodite cabin are girls, wink wink -- but they came back in after their sisters. The guys disappeared back behind the curtain with the other popular boys who were gelling up their hair, putting perfume on, taking poses in front of their mirrors with a hat, without a hat, leaning on a cane, with a red striped jacket, with a white jacket, hair gelled to the side, and so on.

"You come just in time, I was about to put my dress on. Can you help me with the zipper?"

She pulled up her vanilla-rosy dress glittering with golden sequins and arabesques. Making sure no one was watching from the windows of the bathroom, she pulled her designer top over her head and her ruffled Valentino skirt down her legs, now standing only in her white and red lingerie garments, before stepping into her dress and pulling it up, passing her arms into the armholes. Oh yes, she thought catching sight of her shimmering reflection in a mirror, this dress looks perfect on me.
    Daffodil987
    Daffodil987

Female

Post by Daffodil987 2/6/2015, 5:16 pm

Madison had heard most people calling the Aphrodite girls shallow and stupid, which Madison knew wasn't completely true. She had seen them in action, dreadfully done perm-makeup on their victims and manipulations on their lovers, however, it was hard to keep one's wits about one some mention your favorite thing. Heck, if someone had told Madison that someone was selling champagne outside, she would've fallen for that! Obviously, the Aphrodite kids would fall for her little trick.

Except Cleo. As she embraced Madison in a warm hug Maddy was trying to process that. I mean, now that she looked around she noticed more girls who hadn't fallen for her little trick. Piper and Lacey, two Aphrodite girls were in the corner, busily painting their nails. That made sense though, of course they hadn't gone outside, Piper's father, who was even more famous and richer than Madison's, could get her whatever she wanted, which was stranger Piper didn't use that to her advantage, but whatever. Lacey, looked like she hadn't even stepped inside a Sephora shop, so she couldn't care less either.

What was Cleo's excuse then? She was holding trés chic dress that, Madison was 100% positive came from one her favorite designers and her eyes glittered with makeup. She would've loved the clothes, had she really figured out what Madison had planned? She was no Athena kid, but Madison hated it when she couldn't figure something out.

As Cleo took off her top, Madison sighed and began to undressed as well.

"Only if you zip up mine!" She giggled playfully, pulling her sparkling pink dress over her head. She wasn't a fan of warm colors, but she LOVED this dress. It stopped right above her knee and was strapless, and Gods, she looked beautiful. She hadn't even done her makeup yet, and hopefully then she could pull off the rest of the warm-colored look with her red lipstick and eyeshadow.

As Madison reached over to zip up Cleo's dress she realized this was a game of trust. Madison was touching, and could easily spill something all over it, but if she did it could easily make them frenemies or even enemies. It was nothing like the games she had played in elementary school where you would fall over in hopes of someone catching you. Madison decided to do the safe thing and not mess with Cleo's dress. Clearly she wanted her as an ally until she could figure out what could make her tick.

The Dress:
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 2/9/2015, 3:33 pm

Her dress zipped up, Cleopatra twirled around to help Madison with her own.
    The daughter of Khione had a fuchsia pink bustier dress, the corset stitched with Gatsby-style silver sequins curling around in whimsical arabesques... The color wouldn't go well with Cleopatra's tan but it suited Madison's pale skin, and with a pair of rosy pumps or ankle-straps, she'd look dashing.
    Taking the zipper in her manicured fingertips, she delicately pushed it upwards, gradually hiding the line of her spine and stopping right under the shoulder blades, where the dress ended.

"Done!" she smiled. "Do you need some help with your make-up, honey?"
    Daffodil987
    Daffodil987

Female

Post by Daffodil987 2/9/2015, 8:06 pm

Madison smiled as she noticed Cleo admiring her dress and couldn't help smirking, even the Queen of the Aphrodite cabin approved of her dress.

Not that she needed that approval.

Madison narrowed her eyes, impressed, at Cleo's dress. It was creamy white and stopped below mid-thigh, covered with golden sequins in an intricate pattern. It looked like something a goddess would wear-but sexier.

The girls, though quite alike were wearing completely different dresses.

As Cleo's nimble fingers zip up her dress daintily and Madison could smell Cleo's perfume that seemed to been wafting the air. She smelled of roses but with hints of exotic spices and cinnamon, it was a very intriguing smell, Madison would have to figure out what brand of perfume it was later.

Madison slipped on some hot pink heels. They were Mary Jane heels with a cute bow on the straps.

"Done! Do you need some help with your make-up, honey?" The seemingly angelic daughter of Aphrodite asked.

"Oh no I brought my own, but maybe I can borrow some of yours?" She giggled. "I seem to have forgotten my eyeliner!"  
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 2/10/2015, 4:49 am

"Oh sure, we have a lot of supplies here!" Cleopatra said then added: "Saskia from the Athena's even tried to steal some earlier. Unfortunately for her, I was there."

"Oh really? What did you do?" A popular girl from the Nikes asked, dapping her mouth with dark pink lipstick.

"Threatened her, but then she tried to walk away and immortal gods of Olympus, if you had seen her hair, it was such a mess it hurt me in the soul. So I took pity in her and gave her a make-over." She giggled and turned to Madison. "I'm not one to hold grudges," she sang. Oh, that was such a lie. Cleopatra was one of the biggest grudge bearers in Camp Half-Blood, and if someone attacked her in any way, she would have her payback. Campers may treat them like a bunch of giggling birdbrains but underestimating them was their mistake.
    Cleopatra was a superb liar though, her voice didn't change in intonations; the goal of the game here was to make Madison feel confident and at ease, and show Cleopatra as a considerate person. Oh yes she was considerate... it just depended towards whom.

"Do you want a pencil eyeliner or a liquid one?" she asked, opening her pastel pink make-up bag. "I have also a ton of colored ones if you want, here, rosy, silver, ooooohhh... I think this one would suit you really good, it's one of my favorites," Cleopatra said, drawing out a Sephora kohl pencil. "Crisp and smooth line, but not too sharp. Dark. Lasting. Absolutely beautiful."
    Daffodil987
    Daffodil987

Female

Post by Daffodil987 2/10/2015, 7:32 pm

As Madison listened to Cleo talk about the Athena girl she raised her eyebrow. A free makeover, really?  Cleo didn't sound like she was lying but something about that seemed off. Ah well, it doesn't seem like Cleo has it in for me though... Madison relaxed a bit but was still wary, after all, Cleo seemed extremely clever and Madison had been in plenty of scenarios where the 'new girl' would act all sweet and innocent, making everyone trust her, before humiliating the popular girls and taking their place.

Madison had always been the 'new girl'.

Cleo opened up her makeup bag and dug through it until she found something of satisfaction

"Crisp and smooth line, but not too sharp. Dark. Lasting. Absolutely beautiful."

Madison nodded. "That sound perfect darling, and if you seem to be missing some makeup you need I have some colors that would look gorgeous on you." She purred, holding out her hand for the eyeliner. There was no way she was letting Cleo apply the eyeliner herself. She'd seen what the Aphrodite girls had done to other girls before. Not that she could blame them, revenge via makeup was a beautiful, beautiful thing.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 2/11/2015, 8:20 am

"Querida, thanks for your concern, I think the last thing I lack on this earth is make-up," she giggled.

Cleopatra went to sit in one of the stools in front of the long mirror running across three of the four bathroom walls . It looked like one of those make-up rooms where the models prepared before getting on the runway. Every Aphrodite child had their assigned places though tonight everybody was mixing since there weren't only children of Aphrodite in here.
    Cleopatra took the seat next to Madison and started on her make-up. After having cleaned her face with a special tissue, she started applying the base of her chocolate brown L'Oréal eyeshadow.
    Daffodil987
    Daffodil987

Female

Post by Daffodil987 2/12/2015, 9:00 pm

As Cleo sat down next to her, Madison smiled. She noticed people watching them, whispering to each other, probably wondering where they had gotten their dresses and shoes.

Girls and boys pushed their way through the now-busy-again bathrooms, but you noticed they were careful not to bump into Madison or Cleo. Nobody wanted to mess with them. Madison started her makeup routine by washing her face with a  face wash and then using lotion from Clinique. She used the eyeliner that Cleo had given her to give herself a simple winged eyeliner look and then apply some Maybelline massacre and eyeshadow. She gave herself a dramatic reddish-pink smoky eye, and dashed some blush onto her cheeks.

Perfect.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 2/13/2015, 5:59 am

Cleopatra took her time doing the eyeshadow, with the base and everything. When she was done, her lids had a rich, glossy chocolate brown shade with velvet highlights which looked rather natural on her coffee skin. She then retraced her upper lid with a line of bold golden eyeliner before applying lush mascara on her already long lashes.
    Taking one of her L'Oréal lipsticks, she screwed the deep red stick upwards and let it glide on her full lips before dabbing them with a Kleenex and repeating the action (it was a trick to make the color last longer).

"So, you didn't tell me," she smiled at Madison. "Do you have a date?"
    Daffodil987
    Daffodil987

Female

Post by Daffodil987 2/13/2015, 7:45 pm

Madison apply some EOS lip balm in Pomegranate Raspberry before puckering her lips as she applied her MAC lipstick in Ruby Woo. Putting on lip balm before you put on your lip stick made the lip stick easy to apply and your lips looked smoother, something one of Madison's friends had taught her.

Madison parted her hair to the side and started to curled her hair using a curling iron, and smiled when her hair accomplished those perfect curls.

"So, you didn't tell me, do you have a date?" Cleo smiled sweetly.

Madison wrinkled her nose, "Date?" she said the word like it was foreign to her.

"You think I would tied down to only one boy?"

OOC; The girl in the picture actually looks a lot like Madison, except Madison is a lot paler.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 2/14/2015, 6:48 am

OOC: Delivery for Daffodil:

Preparing for Valentine's (private) V87nvkF

BIC: Cleopatra giggled though she innerly shrugged. She did the same, right now she was officially with Hani, the surfer boy, but she was still flirting with Ramses and Jason. She winked at Madison in her mirror and took her hair brush out.

"So! Who caught your eye?" she asked, starting to brush her curls smoothly. "One of my brothers maybe?"

Aphrodite boys were among the hottest guys here -- okay, a lot of others are hot too because c'mon, they're literally half gods, but the sons of Aphrodite had these deep eyes, thin features, surfer looks and yes, epic jawlines. When she showed pictures of them to her friends in Barcelona, she got shrieks and cries and pleas for Facebook usernames. The gay and bisexual boys of her grade also liked to follow them on Instagram.
    Daffodil987
    Daffodil987

Female

Post by Daffodil987 2/15/2015, 5:00 pm

The Aphrodite boys were pretty hot, and Madison felt slightly relieved that Cleo and her were talking about boys- it was something she would've done with her friends at her old schools.

"Your brothers are very attractive. Maybe you could set me up with one?" She winked at Cleo, and giggled a little bit. Part of her believed that Cleo actually might pick a cute guy for Madison, just to see how she would act around him. If not, she could always dump the loser Cleo set her up with, Madison didn't have the responsibility of being the nice popular girl.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 2/16/2015, 8:53 am

"Oh, I could certainly do that," she chuckled. "But you just told me you had several boys in your target range, so you're obviously good at setting yourself up with boys without my help. I'd gladly give you advice though, young love and teen crushes are so bubbly!"

Cleopatra brushed and pinned her hair up with dexterity until she had a finger-waved faux bob on which she sprayed some hair lacquer. Opening the drawer, she took out her headpiece which she had kept here ever since she had come back: a delicate headband set with flower-shaped Swarovski crystals. She carefully passed it around her skull and slowly pulled it down on her forehead, looking at her glittering reflection in the mirror.
    Daffodil987
    Daffodil987

Female

Post by Daffodil987 2/16/2015, 3:54 pm

Madison giggled and nodded her head.

"True!" She laughed at Cleo's remark of her capability to attract boys. "And I'll definitely come to you for advice if I ever get in a serious relationship with someone."

Though that was highly unlikely. Madison didn't ever really see herself settling down, getting married, or having kids. That would ever so boring. Moving on from a boy before she could get attached, while still having fun with them was painless and quite enjoyable.

Madison hung a sliver necklace with a locket attached to it around her neck and admired herself in the mirror. She looked so good. She whipped out a bottle of Chanel's Coco Mademoiselle perfumed and spray a tiny-bit on her wrists and neck. You didn't wanna go overboard on this kind of perfume.

OOC: When do we plan on getting back to the rp in Madison's bunk? Just curious (there's no need to rush). Very happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/19/2024, 2:59 am