A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

swing to the rhythm of loooove

Sammy
    Sammy

Female
    Number of posts : 915
    Registration date : 2014-05-12

swing to the rhythm of loooove Empty swing to the rhythm of loooove

Post by Sammy 2/14/2015, 10:37 pm

Colin was pretty excited. Leila and he had decided to be hipster and have valentines day in the forest instead of going to the dance because dances were mainstream. Anyway, he'd been all romantic and planned out the exact location, a bit behind the hecate cabin in a group of trees just far enough away to not be able to see the camp unless you looked. He wore a white shirt and tie, looking crisp and fresh. Minty fresh. Suave. Slick. Like Muhammad Ali. Float like a butterfly, sting like a-

Anyway, he'd set up a pretty nice scene, with a few large blankets laid out across the large area, a CD player humming some select Script and Fray music in low tones, a few candles and lights strung around the tree branches which had been hell to place (falling out of trees hurts more than you would expect), and, in the center of it all, a single rose and bottle of wine he'd paid a hermes kid to sneak for him. Now he just had to wait for Leila. He'd been very careful not to tell her anything but the location. He was so pumped to see her.
    kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female
    Number of posts : 1055
    Registration date : 2013-12-01

swing to the rhythm of loooove Empty Re: swing to the rhythm of loooove

Post by kayla 2/14/2015, 11:34 pm

Giddy wasn’t even the word to describe how she felt right now.

She didn’t even know how the topic of Valentine’s Day had even been brought up in their conversation. Then somehow they had decided to go hang out in the woods in favor of going to the dance. The last time they met up at the dance, the night was fun but still a little too short for Leila’s tastes. But in the woods with no one else around, they could be with each other for however long instead of when the song ended and the lights turned off. Leila expected that they’d just hang out with maybe some blankets or something while they talked and stared at the sky so she dressed fairly casual. She wore a grey sweater with a navy blue skirt, black leggings underneath, and her hair down her back.

She walked towards the woods, navigating through the trees to go to the spot where Colin had told her. It was starting to get darker- Getting closer to the evening. Good thing she already had dinner. She slipped some jolly ranchers into her hand from where she kept some in her sleeve and popped one in her mouth. Her eyes widened when she saw a flash of lights. She rubbed her eyes to make sure she wasn’t just seeing things but continued on nevertheless. She wasn’t just seeing things.

She stepped into the clearing where the trees didn’t grow in abundance and her mouth dropped, almost letting her candy fall. It was beautiful. Leila looked at it all before her eyes zeroed in on Colin in the middle of it all looking like the best thing in this darn camp. She ran over to him and tackled him into a hug, effectively sending both of them onto one of the blankets he had laid out.

Oops,” She blushed before sitting up and getting off of him. “Sorry. This is just so- Wow. I can’t even think of what to say except that I’m pretty sure this is one of the best Valentine days I’ve ever had. Not to mention that you look really good, Mr. McDaniels.
    Sammy
    Sammy

Female

Post by Sammy 2/16/2015, 8:29 pm

"Leila!" He said in surprise as he noticed her, looking up from his watch. She was beautiful, as always, though she looked kind of like a faerie or nymph or something in her nice little flowy skirt. Wait what. Fashion yay.

He gave a genuine laugh as she jumped onto him, falling on the soft blankets harshly, though he really didn't care. He was too distracted by the glowing angelic face that was right in front of him. "Well, you sure are excited," He commented, sitting up and leaning back on his hands.

"I know. I look amazing, don't I?" He joked, brushing his blonde-brown hair out of his eyes. He patted the area beside him so that she'd move closer, reaching over a bit and grabbing the wine and two Solo cups. Classy. "Some grape juice for the beautiful lady?"
    kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by kayla 2/16/2015, 11:36 pm

You really do,” Leila teased back sincerely. She moved her way over to him, barely an inch of space left between them, legs touching. She raised her eyebrows at the wine bottle and familiar red cups. She bit her lip to refrain from smiling widely . Laughing, she said, “I highly doubt this is just grape juice Colin.

She took the wine bottle from his hands, their fingers brushing momentarily before she started pouring the red liquid into the brighter red Solo cups. She filled them both halfway before she decided it was enough and put the wine bottle in a safe place she was sure she wasn’t going to knock it over. She grinned happily and held her cup up to him and teased, “Happy Valentine’s Day to the craziest son of Serket I know who should really carry a first aid kit around him all the time.

Leila giggled before bumping cups and bringing the cup to her lips. It wasn’t her first time drinking anything alcoholic. Her grandfather had always cheered her on to drink a cup of sake whenever there was a celebration despite protests from her grandmother. The two men in her house loved how she bumped into everything while her grandmother just thought she made too much of a mess. She wasn’t a lightweight exactly but after a few cups she would eventually get tipsy. She smiled at Colin. She prayed for him when the time came.
    Sammy
    Sammy

Female

Post by Sammy 2/18/2015, 9:24 pm

He said nothing in reply to her comment about the wine, just gave her playful and mysterious wink, which probably wasn't all that mysterious.

"And happy Valentines Day to the sweetest, prettiest girl I've ever fallen head-over-heels for, Miss Advil," He replied, only half jokingly, taking a sip of the red liquid.

It was sweet and fruity, probably some kind of moscato. It wasn't his first drink, in fact, wine had been one of his sub-areas of study. Apparently his father had thought that knowledge of the alcohol was necessary to succeed in life. If you didn't know enough about it, you would probably die of some unrelated disease. He'd never really liked learning the differences between the tastes, so he only had a pretty basic knowledge of a few types. All he really remembered at this point was that moscato was the way to go, even if it left a horrible bitter aftertaste. Just drink more.

Even if he knew his facts, though, that didn't mean he was a heavy drinker. He was actually a bit of a light weight, and got tipsy easily. For him to get full-on drunk, though, that took a whole lot more. Still, he hoped Leila would be too intoxicated herself to really care about him.
    kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by kayla 2/21/2015, 1:15 am

Leila raised an eyebrow at what he said but shook her head slightly in amusement while continuing to drink small sips from her cup. She stretched her legs in front of her, thanking to the gods she had remembered that she had shaved earlier. Not that she had a feeling Colin would care either way. She just loved the feeling she got when she rubbed her hand on her smooth leg- Ugh. It was like heaven. She wasn’t going to stroke her legs in front of him though. That’d be kind of weird and she wasn’t drunk enough to be doing something like that. She shook those weird thoughts off and put her drink to the side for the time being.

So when did you think of all of this?” Leila asked with a wave of her hand to the lights illuminating the dark and the faint music. She bit her lip again but a smile broke out on her face either way. “Not that I’m complaining. Definitely not.
    Sammy
    Sammy

Female

Post by Sammy 2/21/2015, 9:37 pm

"Well, there's two ways to answer that. I could romantically go on about how I've been planning this since  I met you. Or, I could just tell you the truth and say I just came up with this last week," He replied, placing his elbows on his knees and supporting his chin on his hands as he looked up at her, the cup in his lap. He tilted his head a bit, almost getting lost in her eyes and hair and face and-

Ahem. Anyway.

"Oh, I got you a gift," He said, reaching into his shirt pocket and removing a rectangular black box.

He switched his position into a kneel, opening the box to reveal a glimmering ring. "Leila, will you marry me?"

He opened the box with a bit of difficulty, removing a gold chain holding lightly onto a shining griffin, snuggly coiled around a cut of jade. He handed it to her gently, excited and anxious for her reaction.

OOC: I had inspiration and i still got 6 lines go me
    kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by kayla 2/21/2015, 9:49 pm

"The second one seems more like you." Leila grinned widely. She looked at him, staring a little too long probably for comfort. But yeah Leila knew Colin was handsome but maybe it was something with the setting and the lights but the daughter of Epione felt like his already messy hair would look better with her fingers running through them. Her fingers twitched at the thought and she broke off from her little fantasy with a blush, looking away and putting the cup to her lips hastily. Or maybe it was just the drink. She took a tiny sip before her eyes were drawn back to him when he spoke.

Her eyes widened at the black box in his hands and she had to calm her stupid mind before it went on to even stupider ideas. Leila calm the frick down he isn't going to propose to you. "Wait what- Why?" She sputtered out with a blush. She gulped and smiled as she saw his struggle "Do you need help?" She asked bemusedly as she watched him try to open the box a couple of times before finally opening it.

Her mouth dropped at the necklace. It was so beautiful and as she took it from his hands she couldn't help but laugh. "Griffins, huh? Griffins are very romantic aren't they?" Leila giggled as she caught his eyes. Colin McDaniels was just one smooth mother trucker now wasn't he? "Thank you so much. It's so beautiful." She said genuinely happy. She moved closer to him and turned around so her back was facing him. She moved her upper body so she faced him, giving him the necklace back. "Help me put it on?"
    Sammy
    Sammy

Female

Post by Sammy 3/29/2015, 10:07 pm

"Very romantic, indeed." He stated with a small smile as he brushed her neck and clasped the necklace around her. He let his hands linger, though, on her shoulders, smoothing down her hair and running his fingers through it. God, she smelled so good. And her silky mane was so steady and flowing.

"Have you ever read Dante's Divine Comedy? You know, the one where Dante travels through Paradise, Hell, and Purgatory? Well, he has these guides, right? He goes through Purgatory and Hell with Virgil, the poet, but Virgil can't go with him to Paradise because he's a Pagan. So this girl named Beatrice takes over as his guide. They ride of to Paradise on a griffin as fast as lightning."

He  pulled her hair back behind her ear and moved so that his cheek touched hers. He couldn't tell if it was the mood of the holiday or the lighting or just the drink, but she seemed so perfect tonight. The way her eyes glowed with stars, the way her lips looked in the moonlight, the way her skin shined with pure beauty. She was so goddamned irresistible.

He took her hand in his and began to distractedly play with her fingers, continuing where he left off. "They say that Beatrice was based off this girl Dante knew. He met her at a festival when he was nine, and she was eight. He became so infatuated with her after that moment, that even after they were both married, he couldn't stop thinking about her. when she died, he wrote an entire book of poems for her, even included her as a guide in one of his most famous works. That's some pretty damned great dedication."

OOC: Thank you wikipedia and 10th grade for my knowledge of Dante who is quite frankly the most beautiful man in the world
    kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by kayla 3/29/2015, 11:13 pm

Leila moved her head away from Colin, mostly because she was starting to get all blushy and flustered when his fingers brushed against her neck. After putting on the necklace she’d have thought that he would have retreated away from her but Colin was anything but predictable. He smoothed down her hair and ran his fingers through it and holy shoot she loved the feeling. She did like it when people played with her hair. Leaning back, just to be closer to him, she almost closed her eyes and purred.

She listened as he brought up a story. She’d never heard of it before so she tried to listen tentatively but it was so hard when he was so close and so warm. Her eyes shot open when she felt skin on her own and oh my gods, oh my gods his face was right there. Despite her blush, she felt a cool calmness run through her as she took in every inch of his face. Every beautiful inch of those blue-green eyes and glasses that framed them. She was practically memorizing his face. She didn’t mind either.

Leila kept staring, even as he took her hand in his and started playing with her fingers. She bit a smile back as he continued his story and captured every word coming out of his lips. “Pretty admirable, isn’t it?” She commented albeit a bit breathlessly and with a tint of laughter. “A love like that.
    Sammy
    Sammy

Female

Post by Sammy 3/30/2015, 7:58 am

"I like to think that Dante and Beatrice met up after he died, and they were finally able to be together. Throughout it all though, Dante was never jealous of her husband, and continued to live his wife and kids. He just patiently waited to see her again, even though it must have been excruciating."

He lifted their pair of hands closer to his face, distractedly studying the details of how well they fit together. His rough callused fingers curved into near perfect indentations of Leila's soft, strong knuckles. It was almost poetic how destined it seemed. No matter what the circumstance, he would've found her, and he would've loved her, and they would've somehow ended up in the same position somewhere else in time or place or even circumstance.

Ooc: I'm p sure this is short but I'm at school so ya have a ball I got into like soulmates territory lets do tipsy kidding now.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content