A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Reading Books n Shiz

Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male
    Number of posts : 4470
    Registration date : 2014-11-16

Reading Books n Shiz Empty Reading Books n Shiz

Post by Green 2/17/2015, 11:05 pm

I walked into the library, ready to get some more books on ecology. It had been a long day of power developing and I now needed to exercise my brain. Before I came here, I went to my cabin to change my clothes into something more comfortable. I wore a pair of khaki shorts that I bought from a store, a green t-shirt that had a bundle of wheat on the front of it, and a few wrists bands. Right when I was about to pull a book off the shelf, another one falls on my foot. "Ouch! Great Hera!" I grunted, holding my foot. "What is that? A book on every word that was said??" I asked in a loud whisper before bending over and picking up the thick book, looking it over.
    kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female
    Number of posts : 1055
    Registration date : 2013-12-01

Reading Books n Shiz Empty Re: Reading Books n Shiz

Post by kayla 2/20/2015, 6:57 pm

Emory had grown fond of the library ever since coming to camp and could often be found inside if he wasn’t in the fields or in his bunk. He leaned closer to the wall as his eyes trailed the words on the page. He was huddled in a corner near the back of the library where the last bookshelf was, reading a Stephen King novel. Usually he didn’t like being alone but he figured he’d be okay this time since he had something distracting him from his constantly wondering thoughts when he was alone. It was pretty stupid really.

He flinched and his head shot up at the loud thud of a book falling and a familiar voice. Emory got up and looked around the book shelf, fingers curling around the smooth book case he held. His eyes widened slightly as he took in the sight of Alex, one of his first friends at camp. More like only friend so far though. “Are you alright Alex?
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 2/20/2015, 7:10 pm

After standing up, I put the book back on the shelf, sliding it back in its spot. Apparently the book was on Physics, which seemed to give me a shiver sense I suck at math and barely get science. However, I do love medical science. Yeah know, learning the body systems and the diseases and disorders that went with them. Now, I was looking for a book on bionics and anything doing with plants, hoping to farther my powers.

Before I could turn and leave, I heard someone ask if I was alright. "Yeah, I'm fi- oh, hey, Emory!" I turned to face him completely, holding the thick book to my chest. "Fancy seeing you here." Truth be told, I hadn't seen him for a few days now. Maybe a week? I don't know. So much stuff has happened between then and now. I walked over to him with a smile on my lips. "How are you doing?"
    kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by kayla 2/21/2015, 1:03 am

Emory straightened from his bent over position although he was still kind of hunching over and shrinking in on himself. To be honest it was a thing he did absent mindedly. He clutched the novel close to his own chest, his fingers brushing up against his sweater. Yeah he was wearing a sweater in warm weather and on top of that he had a bad habit of sweating when he got nervous which was fairly often so it seemed a little stupid to wear a sweater anyway. He gave Alex a small smile, eyes drawing to the floor as he scratched mildly behind his ear.

I-I’m doing pretty good for the most part,” He answered with a meek laugh. Emory forced his eyes back up to the other boy. Eye contact, Emory. Eye contact. He shifted on his feet before asking, “How about y-yourself? S-studying. . .” He tilted his head to quickly read the title of the book Alex held. “Bionics?
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 2/21/2015, 3:17 pm

I smiled kindly, wondering why he was hunched over like that. It wasn't good for his spinal column, but I decided not to correct him. I looked back at my book, frowning a bit when he looked over the title of the book, wait, this isn't what I thought it was...Blushing, I quickly looked up at Emory, then back at the book. "Uh, yeah! Because I have a dog and...he needs a pair of new legs." I said with hast, moving past the son of Eris and over to a table. "Um, so anyway, is this your new hiding spot?" Of course I was just messing with him, hoping he knew that.
    kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by kayla 2/22/2015, 11:05 pm

Emory furrowed his eyebrows in confusion when the son of Demeter blushed after looking at the book again. The taller boy trailed along after his friend as Alex went over to a table. Emory's eyes lit up at the mention of the other having a dog. "You have a dog?" He asked in a reserved tone but anyone who could hear could hear the underlying excitement. The son of Eris blushed at the teasing in the other's words. "N-no, I don't have any hiding spots." He huffed out with a small roll of his eyes. "But what happened with your dog?" Emory asked curiously as he leaned against the wall he had cornered himself in earlier.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 2/23/2015, 4:42 pm

Now I knew that I didn't have a dog, but right now I was so far in my cover up that I couldn't really back out. I flipped through the pages of the book, scanning the texts for information. "Uh yeah, I have a dog...You see, he got hit by a car." I slowly started to tear up some, hoping to trick Emory. "I rather not talk about it.."
    kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by kayla 2/23/2015, 7:03 pm

"W-What? I-I-I'm so sorry to h-hear t-that," Emory stuttered out almost to the point of incoherency. The gentle giant looked down at the ground when his friend started to tear up and so did the weak hearted son of Eris. He frowned and wiped his eyes although it didn't seem to stop the slow but steady flow. "I-I'm sorry I asked." He said quietly. Emory imagined his own dog Touka ever being hit by a car and the tears seemed to pour even more at the thought. He rubbed his face more furiously now and soon his sleeves were damp.

OOC: emory wai u cry so easily
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 2/23/2015, 7:44 pm

OOC: Oh nooo ahaha

BIC: When I realized that Emory was beginning to tear up and cry, I quickly stopped, looking up at him. "Oh no, Emroy I was just playing! I don't have a dog. Please don't cry!" I said in a high whisper.of course if I knew that he was this sensitive, I never would've told him. My first instinct was to get up and hug the son of Eris, but that might make things more awkward I just decided to sit there and wait for a response.
    kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by kayla 2/23/2015, 8:33 pm

Emory's head jerked up at Alex's words. "W-what?" He croaked as he stared wide eyed at the other boy. When he finally registered what Alex had said Emory wanted nothing more than to just curl up in a ball and disappear. The taller boy slid down the wall until he was sitting on the floor, knees to his chest. "Sorry," He started. "I'm a big wimp about stuff like that. Or just one in general." He turned his head to look at Alex with a frown on his face. "Why'd you lie anyway?"
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 2/23/2015, 9:46 pm

I shook my head, walking over to Emroy. "I lied, I don't have a dog..the only reason why I told you a story was because I didn't want to seem like I didn't know what bionics was." I said in a shameful whisper, looking down at the carpeted floors of the library. "I-I didn't know that it was about prosthetics." With that, a gave him a soft smile and  squated down next to Emroy. "For a son of Strife you sure are sensitive.." I gave him a teasing wink and stood up again.
    kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by kayla 2/23/2015, 10:37 pm

"I wouldn't really care either way," Emory mumbled into his arm. "I don't even know what bionics are." He only faintly remembered the word because of the old robot movies he watched once as a kid. He decided that any thoughts of his childhood were to be avoided at all costs so by looking for a distraction he looked at Alex. His eyes widened and he nearly jerked his head back when he noticed how close the other was. Well it wasn't close-close but Emory didn't realize the son of Demeter had took a place next to him. Emory blushed at the words and stood up as Alex did. "I-I guess." He laughed out rubbing the back of his neck as he looked at the lines of books. "Pretty sure nobody could guess I'm a son of Eris."

OOC: ohoho you have no idea how sensitive he is
    poke him and he'll jerk like he's having a seizure bc he's so ticklish
    blow on his ear and he'll scream like a siren
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 2/23/2015, 11:05 pm

I snickered and shook his head slowly, biting the inside of his cheek. "Why are you so...jerky? If that makes sense." I asked him, taking a seat at the table I was sitting at originally, offering the son of Eris a seat. I really didn't know too much about Emory other than him being a bit quite. Nothing about his past or anything of the sort. However I would love to understand him more as a friend. Maybe there was a possibity of us being best friends or..

"Personally, when I first met you, I thought you were a son of Eleos or something." I stated with a chuckle.

OOC: that's good to know lol
    kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by kayla 2/23/2015, 11:39 pm

"J-Jerky?" He asked in confusion. Emory thought about it as he took a seat beside Alex. He scratched his cheek and ran his hand through his hair before sighing and slumping onto the table. He played with the end of his sleeves of his sweater, biting his cheek a little as he thought about it. He shrugged, "I dunno it's just something I do I guess? It probably has to do with the fact that I'm always nervous. Not like I wanna be though." He turned his eyes back to the son of Demeter before raising his eyebrows at him. Eleos? He forgot which goddess she was.

"There are so many gods and goddesses," Emory groaned lightly as he stretched his arms against the table. "W-Who is she again?" He asked with his cheek against the wood and attention on Alex. To be honest the whole gods and goddesses things still seemed surreal to him and he hardly believed it. The only reason he had come to believe it was because of, oh you know, the people with animal bodies, kids with crazy magical powers, and monsters that seemed to come out of a nightmare. The whole reality of it all still scared him to death. He knew he had a power too but it was something he avoided at all costs rather than boast about it. His lips quirked to the side as he looked at the other boy. Did Alex have powers too? He was a Demeter kid if he remembered correctly. Plants and agriculture, right?

OOC: #uselesscharacterfactoftheday
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 2/24/2015, 12:56 am

"I understand, no need to explain yourself to me." I said with the shrug of my shoulders. I knew better than to pick around in other people's business, especially demigods'. Only the gods new what type of lives others have lived just because they're half a diety. I cleared my throat and looked over at him. "Eleos is the goddess of compassion and mercy." I answered with a smirk on my lips. I looked at a book that was close by, wondering if I could move it with my mind. I mean books are made of of paper, paper is made out of trees so why wouldn't I be able to move it? With my eyes still on the book, I asked Emory, "hey, you wanna hang out later? If you're not doing anything?"
    kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by kayla 2/24/2015, 11:02 am

"Oh," Emory said. He shrugged slightly and nodded a little in agreement. Compassion and mercy could've been the vibe he gave off he supposed. Although he believed it was more cowardice and selfishness but if Alex thought of it like that Emory supposed he couldn't complain. Emory's eyes followed to where he found Alex staring intensely at a book. He looked at the book and back to the other boy. "S-Sure hanging out sounds cool but um. . . what are you doing?"
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 2/24/2015, 11:31 am

I continued to stare at the book, imagining strings connecting my mind to the book. Closing my eyes, as I concentrated on the many pages that were inside the book. It slowly came off the self, sliding until it fell on the floor. I opened my eyes again, feeling drained of power. "I-I was trying to move the book off the shelf..." I answered and looked at Emory. It seemed to be two of him, but I didn't say anything.

"I'm going go work in the fields for about an hour or so, whisper in a tree when you're ready to hang out..." I stood up, walking toward the exit, wobbling a bit as I tried to get a good footing.
    kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by kayla 2/24/2015, 6:44 pm

Emory's eyes widened as Alex closed his own, concentrating. The son of Eris opened his mouth to say something but just watched quietly as the book came off the shelf and hit the floor. A hesitant grin came onto his face as he looked at it and back over to Alex, "That was really cool!" He exclaimed excitedly. He was surprised his speech wasn't stuttered this time. When he noticed how tired the other looked, Emory leaned over to put a gentle hand on his shoulder. "A-Are you okay?"

Emory's eyebrows furrowed as the son of Demeter stood up shakily and wobbled over to the exit. The blue eyed boy licked his lips for a moment before gathering his book and going after Alex after he pushed in his chair. He reached out to steady the wobbling boy with his arms as he looked down at him with a frown. "I think it'd be best if you sat down for a minute before you went out into the fields. W-With all that sun and heat it might be worse if you didn't."
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 2/24/2015, 7:26 pm

I touched my forehead and nodded slowly, leaning on a bookcase for more support. "I agree.." I responded with a light chuckle. My legs started to feel cold so I though it was a good idea just for me to sit down on the floor, so I did so. I slid my back down the side of the brown wood bookshelf, causing my knees to meet my chest. Feeling a bit better, I look Emory's eyes, staring into them. "Maybe I should wait till tomorrow, huh?" I smirked, biting my lip, and leaning my head against the shelf.
    kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by kayla 2/24/2015, 7:45 pm

Emory squatted down in front of Alex with his long forgotten novel in his clutches. He mainly just watched the other silently until he spoke up again as Alex stared at him with a smirk. Emory's eyes darted to the other boy's lip as he bit it before darting back up to dark brown eyes. In all the books the taller boy had read, brown eyes seemed to be the least romanticized or one spoken of so poetically but looking at Alex's eyes he couldn't help but wonder why. "For the fields or hanging out?" He asked with a tilt of his head.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 2/24/2015, 8:08 pm

I watched as Emory looked away from my eyes, to my lips, then backs again. A small grin came upon my face, wondering how a child of Strife could be so...nice. Now I haven't met any other children of Eris to compare him to, but I was sure he was the nicest out of the bunch. I exhaled dramatically, looking down at the carpet, biting the inside of my cheek. "The fields, hanging out with you won't drain any power from me; though I'll probably need to sleep in a wheat field to give me a little pick me up." I answered, knitting my eyebrows together. The field I was talking about existed in the boarders of Camp Half-Blood. Actually, that was the same field where I met my dear mother, Demeter. Her brown eyes reminded me of my own. "But yeah, we can still hang out, Emory, maybe we can go for coffee or something."
    kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by kayla 2/24/2015, 10:32 pm

"Does being in fields boost your energy or something? Is it a Demeter kid thing?" Emory inquired curiosly. He was still pretty new to . . . well everything but he found the powers other kids had were quite interesting. From being able to manipulate sunlight or heal others just by singing. He felt like he was part of a novel or something. But if he was ever part of a novel he'd surely be one of those extra characters. Then again if he were to ever be the protaganist it'd certainly be a tragedy. "T-That's who your mom is, right? Demeter?"

Emory's face brightened at the suggestion. "Coffee sounds great! I used to work in a coffeeshop before coming here actually. . ." He trailed off with his eyes dimming from it's previous excitement. The six months he'd spent living and working there had felt like a wonderful vacation before he was thrown into a world of gods and monsters.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 2/24/2015, 10:43 pm

Reading Books n Shiz Tumblr_inline_mryj8evvBU1qz4rgp

With a sigh, I nodded my head slowly. "Y-yeah it does..." I answered, my head feeling a bit better than before. I figured that a quick gulp of nectar or a bite of ambrosia would help me out a bit, but I had forgot to bring some with me. "Yes, my mom is Demeter, goddess of agriculture, the seasons, sacred law, food. Things like that." I gave him a weak smile, crossing my arms across my chest.

I laughed lightly, looking back at Emory. "Coffee it is then, and maybe a little stroll through Central Park? If you're up for it." After a few minutes, I regained back some energy, allowing me to stand up.

kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by kayla 2/25/2015, 12:28 am

"That sounds pretty cool. She must be a very important goddess then. Is there a hierarchy for them or something? The gods, I mean." Emory replied, returning Alex's smile encouragingly. There seemed to be a god/goddess for literally almost anything. How did they come up with all their names? Why did they have so many children? Were they all from the same parent? This was all too confusing for Emory who'd been raised by two aethiests with no absolute interests in mythology at all. He didn't even know Greeks had a mythology so centered around gods or goddesses! He sighed internally. Was there a class he could take or something?

"Central Park sounds good." He reassured, standing up when he saw the other boy starting to get up. He would've offered to help him but thankfully, the son of Demeter seemed to be handling himself pretty well. Better than he had earlier at least. Emory scratched behind his ear, a nervous habit, looking at the ground before back up at Alex. He gave him a small smile, "S-So where should I meet you?"
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 2/25/2015, 12:37 am

"I think she is, especially sense she feeds the world." I said with a light snort. Now this may or may not be true sense there are other deities from didn't mythologies who share her sphere of power. "And there is a bit of a hierarchy. The children of Rhea and Cronos are up there, then the other Olympians, then to minor gods and goddess and so on and so forth." I answered, crossing my legs at the ankles, staring into Emory's eyes whenever I got the chance. Gods did I want to jump in and take a swim.

I licked my lips before stating, "Meet me at the hill, then we'll take a taxi to Starbucks or something." I smiled, nudging him with my shoulder.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 3/29/2024, 3:45 am