A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

3 posters

A... pleasant arrival (open to anyone who wants)

Gotenks

Male
    Number of posts : 814
    Registration date : 2015-03-01

A... pleasant arrival (open to anyone who wants) Empty A... pleasant arrival (open to anyone who wants)

Post by Gotenks 3/1/2015, 4:20 pm

It was early. The sun had risen minutes ago. But, the camp was all alive.

That's what George was terrified about.

He hated being seen with his torn T-shirt, with the mud between his hair, with all the scars from these weird creatures. But most of all, he hated people. Like, A LOT.

His mother had given him up after birth. His father dide when he was around 3. More like, suicided. He was alone and betrayed. But he was promised a new home.

And he had finally found it.

He wasted some moments thinking of all his decisions, and if it was worth entering.
    Trevor
    Trevor
    Loyal Member

Male
    Number of posts : 3286
    Registration date : 2011-09-09

A... pleasant arrival (open to anyone who wants) Empty Re: A... pleasant arrival (open to anyone who wants)

Post by Trevor 3/1/2015, 4:33 pm

Hey there!
    Welcome to CHB!
    Please don't post without making a character.
    Go here to make a character
    Gotenks

Male

A... pleasant arrival (open to anyone who wants) Empty Re: A... pleasant arrival (open to anyone who wants)

Post by Gotenks 3/1/2015, 4:39 pm

Yeah, sorry about that. Let's just say I don't think stuff through...
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Post by Morgan Landry 3/1/2015, 6:15 pm

OOC: Ohey :) I'm jumping in with Morgan, my daughter of Hecate, and Sawyer, my daughter of Hephaestus.

BIC: Guard duty was one of the activities I usually least looked forward to, especially when they were at 7 am like today. You just stood there for an hour straight, doing nothing except leaning on your spear and gazing at the horizon. Sure sometimes stuff happened like a monster attacking or demigod making it to camp with their protector satyrs, but that rarely happened on my times.
    I sat down on a rock next to Thalia's pine tree and petted Peleus' snout, the Golden Fleece glittering above me in the light of dawn. I was wearing a Muse tee shirt with a pair of denim shorts, my black jacket over my shoulders and combat boots at my feet. My dark hair was pulled up into a ponytail, the tips tickling the base of my spine.
    Fortunately, I wasn't alone: Sawyer from the Hephaestus' had been assigned to guard duty with me. The first times I had seen her, I couldn't have stopped myself from staring, which must've been rather rude of me. She was a huge piece of a girl, towering at almost two meters height with a build worthy of Arnold Schwarzenegger, her back and shoulders broadened by layers of muscles, her chunky abs straining the front of her shirts and her huge biceps rolling under her skin. But the worst was her face. It was half-burned so I always had the impression the left side of it was melting, with eyes on two different levels, bushy eyebrows, a nose that looked like she had broken it twice and a crooked mouth formed by a pair of really chapped lips. She was easily the most hideous person I had ever met.
    As for who she was, behind all that mass of brawn and muscles, well, I actually really liked her. She was chill and laid-back and had this knack for mechanics all children of Hephaestus have. If she didn't watch out, she could go on and on about rotordynamics and mechatronics. But that was okay with me, I always liked to learn new stuff.

Sawyer was letting her gaze sweep across the treetops, listening for any suspect sound. She had borrowed a spear from the armory for this, as she actually didn't own one -- all she needed for fighting was her shield and her ax.
    The daughter of Hephaestus was dressed in a graphic shirt from Corpus-Christi with a pair of camouflage trousers and hiking boots, the wounds and blisters on her rough copper skin glistening up in the sunlight. Her greasy black hair was pulled back by her U.S. Army bandanna though she still had to tuck rebellious streaks behind her ears every few minutes. She would've actually preferred to stay at the forge or in her cabin to tinker on her projects but she understood guard duty had to be done so she hadn't complained.

She was just about to stab her spear into the ground and go sit next to Morgan when movement caught her eye.

"Hey, look at this," the Latino girl said in her Texas accent, walking forward.

A guy, about fourteen or fifteen, was making his way up towards the hill. His blonde hair gleamed up in the early sunlight. His shirt was torn and his wounds looked rather serious -- of course, nothing a reasonable dose of ambrosia or nectar couldn't heal, but still, his scars looked nasty.

"Hey!" I called at him, standing up to jog down the hill, my sword tapping against my leg with each of my steps. There was no satyr with him, which made my heart clench a bit. Satyrs were really brave creatures, they gave everything up and put their lives in danger to help young demigods make it... but sometimes they didn't make it with them. Nonetheless I gave him a welcoming smile before taking in his wounds. "Okay, we gotta get you to the infirmary. How are you feeling?"
    Gotenks

Male

Post by Gotenks 3/1/2015, 6:34 pm

He was brought back to reality by a voice calling to him.

He turned and saw the guards. One seemed rather friendly and fairly attractive, while the other seemed like she was on steroids. He flinched a little.

Then one of the guards, the attractive one, smiled at him. First thing he thought, no one has smiled at him before. At least he couldn't remember.

"How are you feeling?" she asked.

At that moment he fell on his knees.

He though managed to say "I'm alright."

He lifted his face, looked at the guard who had spoken to him and said "I've been told that here is my new home. Where is it?"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/1/2015, 6:49 pm

"Yeah, you're not exactly alright," I said, crouching down to pass an arm around his back and heave him up. Gods, people are heavy. His ripped shirt creased against my skin but fortunately Sawyer came and gave me a hand, almost lifting the new guy off his feet.

"Just right there on the other side of the hill, pal," she said. "Don't freak out about the dragon, he's harmless."

Indeed, all Peleus was doing right now was puffing smoke rings from his big, scaly nostrils, still half asleep. "Don't worry, you're safe now, we got you."

Together with Sawyer, we took the guy up the hill and through the gate under the Golden Fleece, gazing out at the camp spreading at our feet. The sun was just rising at the horizon, sending ripples of light across the faraway ocean and the lake. The air smelled of strawberries and there was this whole atmosphere of cozy silence that made it clear everyone was still asleep. In the valley stood a group of Greek buildings made out of gleaming white marble: the arena, the armory, the stables, the arts and crafts, the forge.... Further, the cabins made for a very disparate view: the pavilions came in all shapes and colors from the Barbie-doll-like Aphrodite cabin all the way to the shabby Hermes cabin, with ails for the minor gods either side of the original rectangle. A small river snaked towards the lake and on our left, a bushy forest spread across the hills.

"Welcome home, mate," I told the guy with a grin, still holding my spear with my free hand.
    Gotenks

Male

Post by Gotenks 3/1/2015, 7:02 pm

George didn't really like being touched. Mostly because for him it usually involved punching,slapping, headlocking...you get the idea.

But for one he was too tired to resist.

He let the girls pretty much carry him across the hill.

Then he saw the camp.

First thing he thought was that it was too big to be his home. Then he started arguing with his brain for making such an idiotic thought

He decided to focus on the camp again.

The more details he noticed, the more impressed he was. But his exhaustion didn't let him process all the information that was presented to him.

All that he said was "Woah." and then he anxiously started looking around.

He made a movement to make the guards loosen their grip, but the second they let him he couldn't even stand on his feet. They caught him midair as he was falling.

He decided to actually speak to them.

"Th-that's...home?"

He was feeling as happy as a kindergartner being given an ice cream.

"So, where do I stay?"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/1/2015, 8:00 pm

"For now, you're gonna stay in the infirmary," I said, giving him a friendly clasp on the shoulder. "I'm gonna have a look at your wounds, decide what to amputate... hey, I'm joking!"

We half-dragged half-carried him down the hill, leaving Peleus in temporary charge of guard duty as we made our way to the infirmary.
    Now the infirmary is nothing like the hospitals in the mortal world, it doesn't reek of sour medicine, pills and sickness. This infirmary was made out of clean slabs of marble, with a large pond of water on top of the stairs, right in front of a statue of Apollo playing a gold-painted lyre. A vague fragrance of ambrosia and lavender floated in the air. I carried the guy up the stairs with Sawyer and pushed a white gauze hanging out of my way to walk in, my combat boots making some noise against the clear white ground.
    Fortunately there was almost nobody there, just a girl with a bandaged arm and a guy with his leg in a plaster cast.

Sawyer helped Morgan put the guy on a nearby bed and went with her to fetch some bandages and godly food. Even though she sometimes helped out here in the infirmary, medicine wasn't much for Sawyer. She was all gears and bolts and wiring, not bone fractures and dislocations. She didn't hate it, it just ... irked her.
    Morgan came back from the shelves with bandages, cotton and a bottle of nectar. They helped him take his shirt off to expose his wounds, and damn, he had quite a collection.

"Alright, lay still, it's gonna sting a bit," I told him. I was first going for the big gash in his shoulder, cleaning away the dry blood with a bit of humid cotton before putting nectar on the flesh, droplet after droplet.

"You look pretty exhausted," Sawyer said in her deep, masculine voice. "Where are you from?"
    Gotenks

Male

Post by Gotenks 3/2/2015, 12:54 am

He took a deep breath. Whatever liquid that was, it stung more than "a bit". But he wouldn't complain. After all, he had survived.

"Detroit." His expression made it clear that he didn't want to say much about it.

He started thinking about what he had seen since he had arrived. They were armed in spears, had a damn dragon.and the architecture...well, not exactly like Detroit.

He noticed that his wounds were healing quickly. Not close to fully yet, but a pretty good progress.

"What IS this place?" he asked them, but they were too busy looking exactly above him.

As he turned his head a little up, he saw the image of an owl exactly above his head.

He gave them a desperate look, looking for some information about what was going on.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/2/2015, 6:10 am

Wow, Detroit. No wonder, then. Sawyer had been there once for a combat mission and it hadn't been a piece of cake, to put it lightly. A lot of monsters lurked there.
    She was about to tell him he was in a summer camp, a training facility for demigods, when the air above his head shivered. The next second, a silver hologram had appeared over him, a silver owl rotating slowly around its own axis. Well that was quick. Most demigods waited days to be claimed.

Sawyer knelt down with Morgan. "Hail to you, son of Athena," they said before coming back up. It was tradition to kneel every time someone was claimed by their godly parent.

I resumed bandaging his shoulder as soon as the hologram disappeared, securing it with two straps of medical tape before giving him a small piece of ambrosia to chew on.

"Eat this, it will help you heal," I told him, before remembering his earlier question. "You're in Camp Half-Blood, which is pretty much a training camp for demigods. Didn't your satyr tell you?"
    Gotenks

Male

Post by Gotenks 3/2/2015, 6:55 am

He didn't know what to make of what he'd heard. So, he did what any logical person would have done in his place.

He ate the 'healing food' he was offered. He instantlyt his wounds burn, and the instant next second -at least that's how it felt- he was fit enough to fight a whole army of monsters -again only how it felt.

He then focused on what he had heard. It was stupidly confusing but in the most weird way possible, plausible enough. And he liked how 'son of Athena' sounded, even though he didn't believe it just yet.

He took a deep breath.

"Again, I was only told I would find a home here. I didn't know it would be a dragon inhabited camp in a world of monsters and healing fokd. But I like the sound of it."

He paused again as if to think what to say next, but he didn't get the chance.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/2/2015, 6:57 am

"Wow, you're not freaked out too much," I said. "Good on your part, because there's a lot more coming."

His injuries were progressively disappearing from his skin, closing and mending and erased by the combined effect of ambrosia and nectar. I still advised him to lay still for two or so more minutes, just for rest.

"So you were just told to come here, right? Well as I said, this is a training facility for us demigods. Remember all the Greek mythology? It's real. The gods of Ancient Greece are still present to this day, though they've moved with civilization and are currently here, in the USA. In this camp you'll mainly see demigods, there are nymphs and satyrs too, and there are also Dionysus and Chiron the centaur, both camp directors."

"Wow, give him time to swallow it all," Sawyer said, giving a throaty chuckle. "It's quite a mouthful."

She remembered when she had first come here -- her satyr didn't want to put her in danger by telling her she was a demigod, but once they had arrived in Camp Half-Blood, she had totally freaked out. All these people walking around with antique weapons and armors that looked like they were coming straight out of the movie Troy, the half-goat guys and pretty teen girls who lived in the lake.... All that had taken months getting actually used to.
    Gotenks

Male

Post by Gotenks 3/2/2015, 7:25 am

Well, that indeed was a lot to conceive.

He thought about all the attacks of the monsters, and decided they were too real to ignore. As of Greek mythology, it wasn't exactly the Orphanage's number 1 priority, and his reading skills were really poor because of his dyslexia. But he knew basic stuff.

The weirdest stuff to believe was to believe these Gods existed, but he had already experienced some things from this 'new world' that was presented to him. In the end, he decided if they weren't lying about most of what they said, why would they lie about the rest?

"Well, it's way better than the orphanage" he muttered.

"How am I gonna get accepted here?" he asked, rather determined.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/2/2015, 7:37 am

Orphanage? Alright that explained some more stuff. Grabbing my spear -- which I had put aside to attend to his wounds -- I stood up and leaned on it, giving him a grin.

"There are no unaccepted people here. That's what's good about camp, we all have each other's backs."

"Of course, that won't mean you're gonna be buddy with everyone, but rivalries generally stop on the battlefield, trust me on that. Why are you afraid you won't get accepted?"

Sawyer had quite a history on not being accepted, seeing how she looked. Since she was a kid, others had bullied, jibed and made fun of her and generally shut her out because of how ugly she was. Society liked pretty people, she had learned that very early. But now she was seventeen and had left all that behind, she just ignored the people shallow enough to discriminate her because of her appearance and had quite a number of good friends here and in school.
    Gotenks

Male

Post by Gotenks 3/2/2015, 8:08 am

Man, was that a tough question...

He immediately decided that his past would only belong to himself. At least for now.

"Erm... when I said that I meant... be accepted as a camper...not, like, a-a person...".

He averted his look for a while.

He then got up and extended his hands.

"You got care of me and were so kind of me, but don't know me. Well, George. Son of Athena. I guess..."

OOC: annoyingly short but can be worked on, I guess...
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/2/2015, 8:18 am

OOC: Quality isn't necessarily quantity ^^ Don't apologize for your posts, they're great!

BIC: "Oh well don't you worry about that, we accept every camper."

"Watch out for the Ares kids though, they have this ... welcoming committee for newbies."

"Read: dunking your head into the toilets. Most of us have been through it."

I went to a corner of the room, opening an osier trunk and getting a fresh orange shirt which I handed the guy as he introduced himself as George.

"Cool to meetcha, George. I'm Sawyer, Hephaestus offspring and everything. And Morgan here is a daughter of Hecate," she added, giving the girl a clap on the shoulder.

I grinned at her then turned back to the son of Athena. "You feel any better? Think you can stand up?"
    Gotenks

Male

Post by Gotenks 3/2/2015, 8:35 am

He put on the T-shirt, which felt really comfortable and a nice change from that ripped for days shirt he had before.

"Pretty good. Ready to grab a sword and get the monsters that've been chasing me back. Really thank you for everything."

He paused again. He was still puzzled about all the things that had happened so shortly.

He chuckled with the thought. "Quite an eventful morning." he muttered.

He turned his attention to the girls.

"Really thank you again, sincerely. Well, I guess I should go to... erm, where should I go now?"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/2/2015, 8:52 am

"Right now Imma take you to your c--" At that moment, the conch rang, a deep horn-like sound echoing across Camp Half-Blood. I glanced up at the clock: 8am already. "I'm gonna take you to your cabin, introduce you to your siblings and to Annabeth -- she's the cabin leader. After that we'll have breakfast all together in the Mess Hall and then you'll be introduced to the day's activities."

"Sword fighting, climbing lava-spewing walls, chariot racing, sculpting with a flamethrower, kayaking," Sawyer grinned, grabbing her spear as three satyrs entered the infirmary, carrying supplies. "And a bunch of other equally fun stuff."

I accompanied George to the cabins' courtyard, Sawyer next to me. We showed him some things already, pointing at the arena, the stables and the Big House. Several demigods were coming our way, walking (or running) towards the showers. One good thing about standing up early: at least you had warm water.
    We arrived in the cabins' courtyard, walking between the Tyche and Hypnos cabins towards the gray Athena pavilion. It was pretty plain, compared to some other cabins, but I had seen the inside and frankly, what they could do with their computers and weapons freaked me out more than the landmines around the Ares cabin.

"Annabeth?" I called, not daring to poke my head into the cabin. A few moments later, a tall girl came out, dressed in a practical orange tee and denim shorts, a dagger strapped to her side. She had the demeanor of a seasoned fighter and a respected leader. Her blonde curls were swept into a ponytail over her shoulder, some streaks falling over her stormy gray eyes; she tucked them in and gave us a quick glance. "New sibling, I see?" she asked then turned to the guy. "Hey there, I'm Annabeth, leader of our cabin. Come on in, I'm gonna assign you a bunk before we go have breakfast."

"Well pal, this is where we leave you," I said with a smile. "I got my own cabin to take care of. See you around!"

I gave a grin and a wave to Annabeth and parted ways with Sawyer, walking back to the dark Hecate cabin.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 3/29/2024, 4:53 am