A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

3 posters

Leandra's Bunk

Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female
    Number of posts : 2302
    Registration date : 2014-12-31

Leandra's Bunk Empty Leandra's Bunk

Post by Kwacken 4/16/2015, 4:22 am

The bunk normally looked neat and spotless, with only a standard issue pillow and blanket, and a large stuffed minotaur named Tiny Tony. Right now, the bunk was ruffled and looking out of sorts as a small Roman tossed and turns, her face contorted in pain and fear and her brow covered in sweat.

The day was bright, but it was dark under the tunnel. She could see a dog large as a car approaching two guards in Roman armor. He voice wouldn't work, she couldn't squeak out a warning. There was a rock. She grabbed the rock and threw it, hurting her shoulder.

Terror gripped her as the large black beast turned to her. She vaguely remembered a comment in Harry Potter about black dogs being an omen of death, and how true that was. Her life flashed before her eyes, all her secrets to die with her. The beast pounced, a searing pain in her chest.
    Leandra's eyes snapped open, her breathing fast and ragged. She noticed she had a death clutch on her poor stuffed minotaur like a protective shield.

The girl focused on her breathing and sat up, putting her feet on the cold marble floor to help ground herself to reality. She touched her chest under her night clothes. The claw marks were barely visible, but at times she could swear she felt them. Years. Years and the same dream.

Every demigod has nightmares.

Every Probatio was told that. It wasn't uncommon. It didnt make them weak. But what if her dreams weren't like the others, who see things of vital importance dealing with other people and gods? What if she told people that hers always brought her to the same time and the same place, with no one but two demigods and a hellhound.

Leandra grabbed Tony again and brought him and her knees to her chest as she stared across the room. Sleep wasn't going to come again any time soon.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Leandra's Bunk Empty Re: Leandra's Bunk

Post by Morgan Landry 4/24/2015, 10:39 am

Mercury appeared in the barrack, merely a shimmer in the air. Dressed in biking clothes, his blonde curls neatly cut in the latest side-parted hairstyle, he noiselessly fumbled in his bag, pushing away letters and plastic-wrapped magazines until -- aha! There it was. A backpack in black and purple, with the little sticker on it.

Angerona

To:
    Leandra Kershaw
    - 3rd Cohort Barracks, Camp Jupiter, California, USA -

His eyes swept over the sleeping legionnaires before stopping over a small girl hugging a stuffed Minotaur. Smiling, he laid the bag at the foot of her bed carefully, put the user instructions leaflet inside and backflipped out the window.

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 5/17/2015, 9:45 am; edited 1 time in total
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 4/25/2015, 12:52 am

Leandra shifted in her bed, her eyes cliched shut as she hugged her minotaur. The dream repeated, the same as always. Repeating, reliving the terror of her first encounter with a monster. She twitched, then her eyes snapped open. She felt something. Wind?

She looked around, momentarily disoriented. When she got her bearings, she sat up, putting her feet back on the cold floor. Why was there wind in the barracks? She looked over to the only window and squinted slightly in the dark. The small Roman grabbed her pugio, then got up and walked over, closing the window and latching it again. She surveyed the barracks, her dagger firmly in hand as she looked for monsters.

There was nothing to be seen or heard. The girl stalked back to her bed. She stopped near her bunk. There was something different. A backpack? She looked around the backpack all around for traps before touching it. Then she noticed a tag on it. It was dark, but her gold dagger shone just enough that she could read the tag. From Angerona to Leandra Kershaw.

The fear and anxiety she had from her dream melted away, but she felt weak to her knees. It was the first time she had been recognized by her mother since she had been claimed. A sign that her mother actually cared. It was overwhelmingly emotional. Sweet.

Leandra didn't notice that she was crying until a tear dropped on the bag. She was tempted to wake up Tiberia and show it to her. Scream it at the top of her lungs. Anything. Everything. It didn't matter that it was a plain boring backpack, it was from her mom. That was enough.
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 8/22/2015, 3:42 am

Pain radiated up Leandra's leg as she shifted restlessly in bed. She told herself over and over again that's why she wasn't sleeping. It wasn't because she was afraid, terrified of closing her eyes. Not only from the pictures, the images and memories that flashed back, but also the fear that if she did, if she stopped paying attention to the door or windows, a monster would jump through.

Irrational? Maybe. But she couldn't really convince herself it was after the hellhound bot. She used to feel safe, or as safe as she ever did, in her barracks. The automaton had destroyed that illusion of safety. It had demolished her home, and no one had been there to help. Not really. Edward. That was about it. James had been in the fight too, but he had been there for the attack. And Leandra? She had choked. Panicked. The fear still gripped her more than she could explain.

Leandra was physically tired, exhausted, but not to the point that her brain would let her be. And her leg still ached everytime she moved. She shifted again in the bed, checking to make sure she could easily get to both sword and dagger. The new gladius that Romulus had given her for her birthday. That made her feel some safer, but not really. It also made her feel ashamed. Romulus had defeated one on his own, without any injuries.

The diminutive Roman rolled off of her bunk, placing Tony on her pillow. She got onto the ground and started doing push-ups, hoping to distract herself. She wasn't even bothering to count, just focusing on her breathing as she pushed up and back down, up and back down. Soon she felt the burning in her arms and chest as the muscles started to fatigue. It was a welcome distraction. Up and back down. Up and back down. Maybe she would be able to push-up into exhaustion enough to sleep.
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male
    Number of posts : 1193
    Registration date : 2015-08-05

Post by redline2400 4/19/2016, 5:35 pm

(OOC: I've decided to take you up on that Nate/Leandra RP we agreed to make awhile back.)

There were very, very, very few people that Nate could talk to in Camp Jupiter. He had kept his mouth shut, following his orders as a probatio and spending his free time inside of the 2nd Cohort. But now, he had some things on his mind that he wanted to let out, but lacked the friends to talk with. But he had a sister, and that was the best the probatio could do.

Walking into the 3rd's barracks, Nathan scanned the room to find his more experienced sister. She had been in the 12th Legion for 6 years, which was 5 years 6 months longer than he had been, giving her much more respect and seniority over Nate, even though she was in a cohort below his. After looking around for a bit, he noticed Leandra's bunk - which was unoccupied. Desperate to talk with her, Nate moved over to her bunk and stood by it, waiting for Leandra's return, planning to leave only if someone came to fetch him.
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 4/22/2016, 5:41 pm

Leandra came into the barracks drenched in sweat and limping as she held her hip. She headed over to her bunk and noticed Nate standing near it. "Hey, bro, what's up?" She said as she moved around him, dropping her backpack onto the bunk followed by herself. "I swear that bird is trying to kill me."
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 4/22/2016, 6:46 pm

It had been an hour or so since he got to Leandra's bunk, and while he had yet to leave or be retrieved, Nate's attention span was suffering. Staring off down the barrack halls mulling over what he would tell his eminent sister, the other Angerona kid was brought back into reality by a sorta familiar voice. "Afternoon, Leandra." The words weren't spoken with much emotion (unless boredom was an emotion) and drawn out a bit by the faint but ever present accent Nathan retained.

Looking her over, it seemed like "Lee-anne" had either run a marathon or had a dip in the Little Tiber; looking like a used dishrag in terms or dampness. Ignoring the (in Nate's eyes) out of context bird statement, Nate decided to get on track with his objective. "Hey, uh, would you mind talkin' with me for a bit? In private?" If the sweat - as Nate realized that was what covered his sister once the smell hit him - was any indication, she'd probably just brush him off or, best case scenario, tell him to step aside for a bit.
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 4/27/2016, 3:24 am

Leandra looked up from her bed at at Nate for several seconds. "If you don't mind me smelling like an unwashed barbarian, sure." She looked around, trying to gauge the best place for privacy. She was also very interested in what had Nate so wound up that he wanted to talk to her in private.

"I think just outside by the hammocks should work." She said as she stood up and grabbed her backpack again.
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 4/27/2016, 6:03 am

"Alright, I'll just meet ya there and you can get washed up. Cool?" The fact that she was ready to go and talk startled Nathan, but he figured that the offer for her to get cleaned up wasn't one she'd refuse.

Nate started for the door, not wanting to keep Leandra waiting. He might've had the patience of saint to stand at her bunk for an afternoon, but the ADHD everyone had made that kind of sitting torture to many others in the Legion.
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 4/27/2016, 6:08 am

It was about ten minutes before Leandra came out, her hair neatly nestled into a towel. She had just the standard uniform on, jeans and a purple shirt, she also had her cane because her leg was aggrivated from the fall of Julius. "Sup?"
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 4/27/2016, 6:14 am

While wouldn't normally be dressed in the camp standards, Nathan had a late shift on guards coming up and planned to sleep in the outfit. He figured that it would make the whole getting ready thing somewhat easier at 2:30 in the morning.

"Nothin' much. And you?"
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 4/27/2016, 11:51 pm

Leandra raised an eyebrow at Nate. "Nothin' much?" She asked, folding her hands over her chest. "Since when do people ask to speak in private over nothin'? Spill it, bro."
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 4/28/2016, 6:08 am

"Right..." He took a deep breath. "So, I've been here for six or so months, and am still a probatio. I haven't been able to meet anyone worthwhile, and...I just really can't identify with the rest of the legion. Like, I get that we all have that bond of being roman, but I can't even get around that one enough to make me feel good about what I'm doing. And then there's the whole military thing they've got goin' on here, and that's like, just, jeez man, y'all just sending kids to the slaughter. Robbing these ten and twelve year olds of their innocence while propping up some seventeen year old just because of who his daddy is. I just think it's bulls***."
    Nate stopped, instantly regretting what he said. Yes, he believed the way the legion did things was crap, but he just called it the worst form of crap and to one of the many legionaries who could certainly do him in for that comment.
    "Look, I don't hate Rome or anything, but I just really feel like I don't belong here. A fish out of water feeling, you know?"
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 4/29/2016, 1:16 am

Leandra sighed deeply, then motioned for one of the hammocks. "Sit down, Nate." She said, trying to figure out exactly what she was going to say. "No one comes in here without that fish out of water feeling, but most of us, most.of us come in a lot younger than you. I mean, you're older than I am, but I've been here almost half my life. It's a lot easier to get over that fish out of water feeling as a second grader."

Leandra leaned against the wall of the barracks, looking around for several seconds. "I know you think we're uncivilized barbarians, but this is the safest place for us. And even with all the protections, it's not always safe. Gods know it's not always safe, but it is better. Think any of us would survive to adulthood alone? Even if the monsters never found us, our powers make mortals question our sanity. Being a demigod, your life is already borrowed time, it's just a matter of what we're doing to extend it."
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 4/29/2016, 6:34 am

Nate couldn't help but agree with her on some points. He was doing well on the surviving part, but his bean spilling condition had drawn a few looks and names back in Odessa.

Feeling partly reassured by his younger, more accomplished sister, Nate let out a sigh and tried to solicit more answers from Leandra. "Alright, I see that. But what's with the strict military setup? The Greeks are a lot more free, and they're doing fine. Sure, we were able to march to their door and nearly wipe them out, but they're fine."
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 4/29/2016, 1:16 pm

Leandra actually laughed at that one. "Have you seen the difference between the Greek and Roman gods? Certainly many are, uh, similar in powers, but their personalities completely changed. Order, discipline, respect. Following a god like Mars, you think we could have a laisse faire Camp lifestyle? When in Rome, you do as the Romans."
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 4/29/2016, 1:35 pm

Nate just shrugged, a bit annoyed by the laugh but keeping that feeling to himself. "I guess that makes sense."

He got up from the hammock and stretched. "Well, nice talk Leandra, but I've gotta go now. Laure's got something going on in New Rome tonight, so I'm covering he shift at the gate. Perks of being probie, right?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 3/28/2024, 6:18 am