A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Let us go (Leo)

Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female
    Number of posts : 1696
    Registration date : 2014-07-20

Let us go (Leo) Empty Let us go (Leo)

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 4/24/2015, 9:50 am

Well, the warning sign outside the forge happened to be kind of stating the obvious. It was very hot in here, Vicky was secretly relieved by the fact that she chose not to wear a jumper. She had been spending much of her time at Camp Half-blood researching about the Greeko-Roman War. All of it was for her book which she happened to be almost half way through writing now.
    She probably would have finished it, if she had not taken affront to what she wrote so far and destroyed it. Thus Vicky started over with all of her notes, as well as the various books she acquired whilst on this epic task of this.

Vicky looked around the forge, oddly it appeared deserted but who could tell if any of the sons or daughters Hephaestus were lurking in here? She made certain not to touch anything, just in case she broke something or set off some form of trap. Though other campers possess access to the forge, it paid to simply leave the objects of the children of Hephaestus alone.
    Something about the forge came across as almost disturbingly familiar, like once an event important to her occurred here. Vicky searched her mind for the reason why, yet she simply couldn't. It frustrated her when she encountered such things in her life. Her memory loss happened to be extreme, she literally could not remember anything, Camp Half-blood was her home, simply because she didn't remember where she came from.

She searched around the forge, the place seemed to be deserted. That was a disappointment, considering the tall sixteen year old happened to be looking for a particular individual. Through her research, Vicky reached the conclusion that she needed to ask him something for her book but also because she found a dusty old tome, a book which might be important to the Hephaestus. Vicky couldn't get into it because of a lock mechanism and the fact that printed on the front of it was the symbol of Hephaestus. As far as she knew it might just be a record of expenses, someone's diary or the location of different forges, logically and wisely she curbed her curiosity, electing to not open it without using a demigod with Hephaestus' blood. Vicky pushed her glasses further up her nose, her hazel eyes flicking around the room restlessly. Her hair fell loose down her neck for a change, the soft light brown locks brushing the pale skin of her neck gently. Vicky wore a faded grey t-shirt with the words printed on the front that read THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS TOO MANY BOOKS, pale blue demin shorts and grey trainers. Hung over her left shoulder, Vicky wore a light brown leather satchel in which lay the book which she had found.
    Leo
    Leo

Male
    Number of posts : 498
    Registration date : 2013-02-24

Let us go (Leo) Empty Re: Let us go (Leo)

Post by Leo 4/24/2015, 11:34 pm

Being a son of Hephaestus has never been that awesome. You get to have this hardwired module in your brain that says, "Why are you sitting so idle there? Get your booty up and invent something or there would be no barbecue flavored burritos for supper!" That is a wickedly hard module to say no to. You'd probably get what Leo's saying at the moment, yeah it's dam hard... Unless you're him.

*Heavy metal music plays as Leo poses for his signature pose, the duck face*

Sorry 'bout that.

Leo didn't really visit the Forge that much. A while ago, bunker 9 failed to provide him with a modern material that he's gonna use to finish one of his badboy weapon inventions, "the Valdezabow" oh come on! It's a good name for a self notching automated firing bow that he'll give to his friend!? Leo rummaged back and forth, searching from every tool box, every crate, every cargo pants pocket.

"Hey!"

"Sorry!"

Leo haven't visited visited for a while(which is like a month), which is why forgot where spare gears or things were. "Alas!" he squealed, undusting the box that says, "Magnets" he slid his finger from column to column until he stopped at the neodymium magnets, he grabbed a mini package containing the cubed ones and started to walk out.
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 4/25/2015, 2:26 am

"Hey." She called out hearing Leo's voice. "Leo!" She exclaimed jogging to catch up with him. Vicky avoided a few crates that contained tonnes of what appeared to be junk. But to them, it probably happened to be a gold mine.
    "Leo!" She called out when she reached him. "I need to ask you something and well give you something which I found please." The daughter of Clio pushed her glasses further up her nose.
    Leo
    Leo

Male

Post by Leo 4/25/2015, 3:51 am

"Leo!" he heard his name being called out. He swept his head to his side, just to see a female camper, jogging, trying keep up with his quick foot steps. Leo slowed down to a stop, she couldn't be one of his siblings, he'd feel it right away or by the judging of her appearance. She wasn't as tan as one should be, she was wearing an attire a normal camper would wear, her face was beaded with droplets of sweat which he saw clearly after pushing up her glasses, and her height, jeez! She was tall! Could be 'bout 6 foot. There she stood in front of him while he stared at her puzzlingly. "Er... Hello?"
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 4/25/2015, 3:58 am

"Hey." Vicky responded feeling more than a bit awkward. She wasn't terribly good with conversation, she happened to be far better with books than people.
    She fumbled in her satchel for the book, carefully getting out the old book, with it's worn and faded leather covers. "I found this whilst searching the library." She hastily explained. "It has the symbol of Hephaestus on it so I haven't opened it in case of traps." Vicky stopped, pausing to take a breath when it came to books she possessed an endless stockpile of energy. The tall sixteen year old held it out for him to take. "I don't know what is it it, but you might want to open it or something." She shrugged her shoulders, though her eyes lit up at the sight of the book. Whatever words were etched onto it's pages the Daughter of Clio wished to read them.
    Leo
    Leo

Male

Post by Leo 4/25/2015, 4:29 am

Leo's eyes widened as he was handed the metal clad locked book. He turned it upright just to see the Greek words embedded within its cover. "The title somehow says something about ancient weapons and machines. I dunno but, I haven't seen this thing before. Could be an antique treasure for an Hephaestian," he said.

Leo laid his palm in the top of the lock like mechanism and closed his eyes. "The locks and gears are far more complicated than I thought." Leo opened his eyes locking them at the Hephaestian lock. Concentrating he closed his eyes once more, he pictured the inside of the lock, gears, gears, gears, bars... a hidden combination lock. "I'm gonna try to unlock it. Wish me luck." He felt a tug in the gut. The metal gears began to shift, he tried to remember the things Travis taught him about this combination locks, a series of clicks and creaks could mean a lot. He rotated mentally the gear inside to the left, click, click, click, click, clank. Okay got that. He more willed it to turn clockwise, a series of clicks he heard, then the clank. Alright last one. Click, click, click, click, click, clank, CLUNK! The bars of the book unlocked. "Whoo!" Leo exclaimed, wiping a sweat from his temple.
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 4/25/2015, 4:34 am

"The books you can find in the library." She commented on what may have been for Vicky a joke. She observed him quietly as he worked, though much of her attention was focused on the book. Vicky's eyes never seemed to rest unless there was a book, they drew her attention, much like candle flames to moths.
    "Open it! Open it!" She insisted eagerly, barely able to contain her excitement. Vicky had no idea how he knew all of that from just looking at it but she wasn't his half sister or something so she wouldn't.
    Leo
    Leo

Male

Post by Leo 4/25/2015, 4:52 am

Leo could feel the eagerness in her tone as he begged him up to open the book. A series of clicks and clanks was administered in his imaginary hearing, and voila book open. "It is now! Open!" Leo announced. He handed her the Hephaestian book, the awe on her face is just so priceless. "May you do the honors, whoever you are."
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 4/25/2015, 5:05 am

She accepted the book and carefully opened it. "So far it just seems to be a record of stuff bought in or made." It was still interesting to Vicky as the dates where in the past rather than the present, which to her meant history.
    "I'm Vicky by the way, daughter of Clio and resident bookworm." She said everything matter of factly, her eyes scanning the pages as she turned them carefully. "This book will probably have value to you, since you share the same blood as whoever's book this was." She commented.
    Leo
    Leo

Male

Post by Leo 4/25/2015, 5:14 am

Leo smiled, "Bond, James Bond. Well the Mexican version though," he grinned. "Whoa daughter of Clio! Was she like the queen of Egypt back then, oh pardon me I forgot." He watched as her fingers flew from the pages of the book. "Well, I may not need it, maybe later, yeah that would be later."
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 4/25/2015, 5:23 am

She cocked her head at him confused at first, till she realised it was a joke. "Oh, that is actually a good one." Vicky said with a light laugh. "Your pretty funny Leo, but the book technically belongs to you well any of your brothers and sisters really but yeah that."
    Leo
    Leo

Male

Post by Leo 4/25/2015, 5:29 am

"You could use it, I mean for the mean time you could read it something might be too precious in there for your bookworm brain," he smiled. "So well Uhm, why were you looking for some Hephaestus stuff, doing a little research or somethin'?"
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 4/26/2015, 2:14 am

As he inquired about her doing some research, Vicky's cheeks blushed slightly. "Sorta..." She began, thinking of how to explain it to him. "I am trying to write a book on the Greeko-Roman war." This had led to Vicky spending a period of extended stay in Rome where not all the Romans proved eager to answer her questions.
    Yet she needed the Roman viewpoint or how else could she create a book that represented both sides view, thoughts and opinions?
    "So I am once again finding anyone who took part in that conflict and asking them questions which are needed for the book." She finished.
    Leo
    Leo

Male

Post by Leo 4/26/2015, 9:26 am

The Greeko-Roman war, Leo mused. "Smashing! Sounds like you're looking for someone to interview with," he grinned. Leo want that of a social studies person, history wasn't his type of thing. He did admire some Greek heroes and their story line thus leading him to the making of the Argo II(don't know what it is? Go read your books!). "Someone to gather some information perhaps?"
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 4/26/2015, 11:02 am

"Yes!" She exclaimed. "I have already interviewed quite a few different people." It had been especially difficult to get the Romans to talk to her. If only she had been a Roman, but then the Greeks probably would have been more problematic to talk to. "Yeah I was kind of hoping to talk to you since well..." Vicky looked away awkwardly before finishing her sentence. "Since you played a large part in the events."
    Leo
    Leo

Male

Post by Leo 4/27/2015, 1:35 am

"Uhm, yeah. I mean yeah I did." he mumbled, not being used to be remembered for what he did in the past war(still don't know what Leo's talking about? Go finish the books!). "Well, just to clear this thing up, what war were we talking about? Was it the war like six months ago or the great great great great war of our ancestors?" he asked. "'Coz my mind's pretty messed up at the moment."
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 4/27/2015, 1:59 am

(I've got to wait till after my exams to start that D,,: ) "The war of a few months ago." She explained, taking her glasses off for a second to wipe them on the corner of her shirt before replacing them. "I hope my book will help prevent it from occurring again."
    Leo
    Leo

Male

Post by Leo 4/27/2015, 9:19 pm

"Okey dokey, for a good cause," Leo said, feeling relieved that he doesn't need to go through all his social studies again. "An interview would be awesome! Leo's got a lot of free time at hand." Leo grabs a pocket watch from his tool belt to prove his point. "See? So, when's it gonna be?" he grinned.
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 4/28/2015, 5:13 am

"Yes the best cause." She grinned, Vicky wasn't the best fighter she possessed a s very strong sense of self preservation. Which some of the other campers put down to the old head wound she received, which gave her amnesia. Vicky laughed at what she believed to be a joke when he showed her the watch. "Awesome, well whenever you are free, preferably somewhere private." Though it would be incredibly difficult to get privacy at Camp Half-blood for a long period of time, especially without the other campers beginning to think something.
    Leo
    Leo

Male

Post by Leo 4/28/2015, 6:51 am

"Hmm, somewhere private eh?" he muttered. Leo quickly thought of something. A place, private of other demigods, a place where he was supposed to bring the neodymium magnets in the first place, got the idea? "Alright, so here's the thing. I've got a hidden workplace where I used to invent my mechanical stuffs as the other guys says. Problem is... would you mind, going through the deadly woods." Whoa kids nothing wrong's gonna happen. Trust uncle Leo!
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 4/28/2015, 8:18 am

"Yeah" She said when he muttered about somewhere private. Vicky listened eagerly to him as he suggested the place he had in mine. However she suddenly felt more than somewhat reluctant if it meant going through the deadly woods. Yet, she knew she had to do this, for history's sake. Fear is a leash, do not let in control you.
    Vicky nodded the once. "Sure just let me grab my sword because.... Well better to be safe than sorry."
    Leo
    Leo

Male

Post by Leo 4/28/2015, 10:04 am

"Awesome! I'll be waiting outside for you," he said. "No need for deadly weapons for me. I've got the hot stuff in here!" Leo said, patting his biceps. "See yah!"

OOC: your last post then, popping up in bunker 9
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 4/28/2015, 11:42 am

"Okay." Vicky tried to keep her courage with her, she didn't want to have insufficient detail in her book because she lacked the guts to travel through the deadly forest.
    "I'll see you there then." She smiled at him, before heading back to her cabin to grab her weapon. Vicky never carried it with her unless she believed there to be a risk of her needing it, so usually on the rare occasions she left camp.
    Leo
    Leo

Male

Post by Leo 4/30/2015, 10:11 am

http://www.camphalfblood.org/t22062-remember-me-for-centuries#1216402 link

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 3/28/2024, 6:17 am