A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Sounding Board

Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female
    Number of posts : 2302
    Registration date : 2014-12-31

Sounding Board Empty Sounding Board

Post by Kwacken 5/1/2015, 8:25 am

When Leandra had first joined the 12th Legion, she felt there was no heavier weight than that of her armor when she put it on. Now she longed for a time when armor was the only weight she bore on her shoulders. She felt tired. A deep bone-aching exhaustion that sleep couldn't fix, not that she slept well anyway. And worse then that, she felt a moral obligation to lie and portray herself as strong, competent, composed and entirely under control.

Leandra sat at the edge of her bunk for a while, staring into the abyss. After several minutes, at least three eternities, she stood up, grabbing her backpack and headed to the other side of the barracks. It was the guy's side. She knew Gunther usually shared an off time with her, and she hoped he would be at his bunk too.

When she saw the mop of almost-out-of-regulation brown hair, she headed over to his bunk. "Hey, Gunther, how're you doing today?" She asked, starting with niceties.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male
    Number of posts : 4470
    Registration date : 2014-11-16

Sounding Board Empty Re: Sounding Board

Post by Green 5/2/2015, 5:17 pm

Gunther-Klaus was sitting at his bunk, flipping through a couple of books and magazines while listening to the Ted Talk podcast on his cellular device. He rather enjoyed listening to him talk about current events and others like it. He wore a simple Camp Jupiter t-shirt along with a pair of gray skinny jeans and black shoes. He looked up from one of his books to find the daughter of Angerona walk toward him.

"Oh, hey, Leandra. I'm fine, kind of tired, but fine." He gave her a slight smile. There was few people in camp that he actually enjoyed being around and Leandra was one of them. "What about yourself?"
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 5/2/2015, 6:13 pm

"Eehhhh?" Leandra said in reply to his question."Physically well enough, but mentally and emotionally exhausted." There. She had said it. Well, the start of it. Instead of just reactively saying 'fine'. She wouldn't lie to Gunther, not a child of Veritas, and her moral standard for that outweighed her moral standard for not telling people she wasn't outstanding.

"Do you ever feel overwhelmed by life, Gunther?"
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 5/7/2015, 9:00 pm

Gunther nodded his head slowly as he heard how Leandra was feeling. "Understandable." He knew a lot about being exhausted ; always having to know whether someone is lying or not, but it was something that he took with honor. The Roman sat on his bunk criss-crossed and moved over so Leandra could sit beside him.

He thought for a moment before answering her. "Yes, I often feel overwhelmed. Overwhelmed with camp life, overwhelmed with Andrew. Just about everything is overwhelming...even knowing the lies people tell. Matter of fact, I feel overwhelmed with how many gods there are. Too many to count." Gunther sighed and glanced over at the daughter of Angerona. "What about you?"
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 5/7/2015, 9:18 pm

Leandra hugged herself for a moment, looking smaller than she normally did. She glanced around, then sighed. "I don't know if I know how to explain it. I think I may have a problem. Everything is overwhelming." She said, her voice quiet. "And at night when I try to sleep, I feel so scared. Anxious, knowing what awaits me in my sleep is a giant hellhound from six years ago. The thing's been dead for six years, Gunther, sent to Tartarus, probably more than once. And yet he attacks me in my sleep every night and I can't make it stop. And I've been stressed with secrets and feelings and... Feelings of my own... And I just... I just...who keeps the secrets of the secret keeper?"
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 5/13/2015, 5:26 pm

Gunther listened to the problems of his close friend thoughtly, soaking in every word that came out of her mouth. Before he responded, he placed his hand on her shoulder. "You know, dreams can occur for several reasons and maybe the reason why your nightmare keeps haunting you is because maybe...you haven't dealt with the attack?" Gunther removed his hand and looked at her. "I'm not really good with words..my sister is though." He sighed and looked down before smirking. "And you want to know who can keep your secrets? The Secret Tree."
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 5/22/2015, 6:22 pm

"Dude, I know I haven't really dealt with it. Roman Legion, show no weakness, suck it up buttercup, pull yourself up from your bootstraps." Leandra said, shaking her head. 'It's a wonder the entire camp isn't insane with the amount of trauma we all go through on a regular basis and look and think is normal. Other kids are worried about passing algebra, we're worried about if a water canon is going to knock us off the edge of a wall and kill us during war games. Or if a monster is gonna come and attack us. Or, hell, I don't know, if someone worse than Gaea and the Titans are going to suddenly pop up. For all I know the Norse gods are going to suddenly declare war on the Romans. And what the holy hell is a secret tree?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content