A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Othello's Bunk

daddeme
    daddeme
    Role Playing Legend

Female
    Number of posts : 14200
    Registration date : 2011-08-04

Othello's Bunk Empty Othello's Bunk

Post by daddeme 5/11/2015, 10:32 pm

Othello's Bunk Tumblr_inline_n34ch60Ou31sohk3w

Around this time on every Wednesday, Othello did what he did best. No, it's not singing. He sucks at singing. No, it also wasn't challenging people to sword fights. Seeing the boy with a sword was a horrifying sight. What I mean is, Othello stood in the middle of his nearly empty cabin on the balls of his feet, his low top Converses keeping him poised on his toes. His eyes were closed and his arms hovered at his sides as if they were unable to just rest there. On his bunk, the top one, rested an iPod with a speaker attached. It too was not making sound. Well, not yet.
    Then the song began, and Othello started moving with it. It wasn't his usual style of dance, which was good. He didn't like being tied down to one style, and the more uncomfortable he was outside of his element, the better. Today's song was Rather Be by that one group Clean Bandit. Othello had heard it just the other day at breakfast. He twisted and turned, lept and spun. Even if most of it was impromptu no one could even tell. He began laughing along with his movements and soon enough, he had become the music.
    Jase
    Jase

Male
    Number of posts : 144
    Registration date : 2015-04-03

Othello's Bunk Empty Re: Othello's Bunk

Post by Jase 5/12/2015, 1:56 am

Othello's Bunk 3168701426_1_30_0xSSingT
    carter - sixteen - apollo
    carter's having a good day so far. for one, he got to hit the music room and have a little bit of a jam session earlier on. he slips his hands into his pockets as he makes his way towards cabin seven, a smile practically plastered onto his face. "when i had you to myself, i didn't want you around. those pretty faces always made you stand out in a crowd," he sings, absentmindedly. he's been working on a modern rendition of 'i want you back' by the jackson five, and he seriously cannot get the song out of his head. he doesn't realize that he's singing louder than he means to, though, and he figures that the kids from the cabins he's walking past can probably hear him loud and clear. "but someone picked you from a bunch and one glance was all it took," he continues, as he walks up the porch of cabin seven, and then swings the door open. "now it's much too late for me to-" his voice falters when he notices othello, his half-sibling, dancing, with the song 'rather be' by clean bandit blasting throughout the room. and he can't help but stare, because damn, othello's got moves. "bro," he says, his jaw dropping slightly, "those are some sick moves."
    daddeme
    daddeme
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by daddeme 5/16/2015, 12:22 am

Othello was still in mid-spin in the air when a voice cut into his focus, and we all know how he gets when he hears voices. Voices meant people and people meant talking. So of course with this distraction the concentrating face Othello was pulling broke into a grin...and he failed his landing. The boy's foot tucked beneath the other and sent him tumbling to the floor, hitting his head on someone's tambourine. Ironically, the song had just ended as if to punctuate his falling. Did he care? Nope. You know why? Because someone was all "Bro those are some sick moves" and he had to get all excited. He stood up, stopping the next song from playing, and addressed the voice.
    "Thanks! Ah, you're...Carter, right?" He was pretty sure this sibling's name was Carter. He knew that it started with a "k" sound and that it probably wasn't Cathy. Never mind on that, he had to talk. "Yeah, thanks again. It would've been better if I had stuck the landing though..." Which was true. He rubbed his noggin for emphasis because, man, tambourines actually hurt.
    Jase
    Jase

Male

Post by Jase 5/17/2015, 7:23 am

he's about to respond with, "nah, i'm caitlin," because he's done that once, and the reaction he got was hilarious, but he's too distracted by othello and his display of amazing moves he had shown before he fell and hit his head on jake's - or was it clara's? - tambourine. "yeah, i'm carter. you're othello, right?" he says, just to double-check. he got jake mixed up with jack once, and jake was so offended. "oh, yeah, i imagine jake would be a little mad. but, dude, where did you learn to dance like that?" carter slings his bag off his shoulder and tosses it over to his bunk, and hops onto his bed. "i mean, i can't dance to save my life. i don't think anyone else in this cabin can dance that well." he gestures towards the various instruments around the room. "everyone just sings and strums banjos or whatever, you know?" he says, his scottish accent prominent.
    daddeme
    daddeme
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by daddeme 5/21/2015, 8:23 pm

"Yep, that's me! Shakespearean and all." Othello smiled at Carter recognizing him and at himself for adding the Shakespearean part. He never understood why his mother named him Othello. It was such a weird name. Anyway, Othello took his iPod and shuffled through his list of songs, trying to find another to play when he had the time. He wanted to get some choreography out of the way today; maybe he could show it to some bored nymphs and satyrs later on. He glanced up at Carter before replying.
    "Technically, my mom made me take some basic classes when I was teeny-tiny. But for the most part, I'm self taught. The best part: no ballet bars unless I want them." He laughed a little bit and set the device down. It was nice one of his siblings appreciated his moves. Usually he received scowls of disapproval every time he pirouetted instead of played the flute or hummed. This was a pleasant surprise - it dawned on him that his actual relationships with his siblings sucked. "Pssh, dude, I can't sing to save my life. I'd kill to be like a normal Apollo kid and strum banjos!"
    His eyebrow quirked, now eager to become friends with his sibling. "Nice accent, by the way. Where you from?"
    Jase
    Jase

Male

Post by Jase 5/31/2015, 4:55 am

"self taught?" he says, surprised. "oh, man, i imagine you put a lot of work into that. but, hey, i guess strumming banjos is this cabin's forte. seriously, though. i think this cabin needs more diversity. i mean, it's great to be able to simultaneously play a flute whilst banging on a drum or something, but we need more dancers and artists, and graphic designers and architects. apollo's all about the arts, not just music." carter feels kind of proud that he's said that, because he likes to think that he's slowly making his way up to being a cabin lieutenant. he's kind of tired of coming into cabin seven and hearing the same instruments being played by the same people. don't get him wrong - cabin seven is great, and he loves music, but cabin seven needs to do something more than just strumming banjos and archery. he gets up from his seat on the bed, and strides towards his guitar. "i'm from edinburgh, in scotland. what about you?"
    daddeme
    daddeme
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by daddeme 6/4/2015, 2:18 am

"I see where you're coming from, but I don't know, man. A kid of Apollo that can only dance? Sounds ridiculous to me." Othello  smirked and shrugged, though he was still happy to have his dancing recognized. Carter was right anyway. All this cabin did was sing and play instruments. Othello didn't think he knew anyone in here that could draw a stick figure or two. It was actually pretty sad seeing an arts cabin restricted to doing the stereotypical things, and the fact that Carter had pointed it out made Othello want to dance even more. Hell, he might even gather up a group of Apollo Misfits and riot outside the big House! Okay that was too far and sounded like too much work. Still, Othello liked this surge of confidence.
    "Whoa, bro, Scotland? How the heck did you end up here?" It was strange to Othello to hear of people coming to Camp Half-Blood from outside the States. To him, the thought of anyone living outside of the U.S. was just about as insane as that dress being white and gold. "Oh, I'm from Palm Springs in California. Not far at all compared to being from Ed Burger - Eminem - Eureka...forget it. Scotland!"
    Jase
    Jase

Male

Post by Jase 6/13/2015, 3:59 am

carter laughs, and walks back to his bunk, carrying his guitar. "it's a long story. no, seriously. like, really long. it involves very nasty snake ladies, a satyr, a deadly car ride, a really rude flight attendant, and... i think a donkey?" he says, tilting his head a little. "oh yeah, yeah. a donkey was involved." he strums a few chords on the guitar, particularly the ones for 'rather be'. "but nah, it's not something, like, rare around here to come from a place like scotland. there's a few irish people here, and some people from france, and i think a few from japan." he starts absentmindedly finger-plucking some of the notes, and then doing bar chords, and soon enough he's basically done an acoustic guitar cover of 'rather be'. then, an idea pops into his head. "oh, bro, how cool would it be if we collab? like, i sing and you dance, or something. oh, dude, you should totally perform at the campfire. wait - why have you not performed at campfires yet?!?"
    daddeme
    daddeme
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by daddeme 6/17/2015, 12:37 am

"Wait, did you say a donkey?" Othello laughed after Carter had briefly explained how he arrived to camp. "The highlight of my trip here was driving before I had my temps." It wasn't like he hated the way he'd arrived. He loved it. He greatly preferred it over some of the other wild stories he'd heard from other people around here. Sure, his mother had given his best friend her consent to kidnap him but compared to other traumatizing arrivals, his had been a walk in the park.
    "Oh yeah, I forget sometimes. It's hard for me to think of anyone coming to Camp from anywhere but America. Or California, to be completely honest." Othello paused only because he started to listen as Carter played the song he was previously dancing to on his guitar. He gasped as he thought of something - a great something. "Dude, we should become a duo!" He'd spoken at the same time as Carter and laughed again when they had the same idea. He did that a lot. Othello stood up and moved his hands as he talked, in full inspiration mode.
    "The only reason I haven't been there is 'cause I was yelled at last time. That's another story. But with two of us, we'll be unstoppable! This is gonna be amazing, I mean can you imagine? We'll need a song, we can find you a mic...There's got to be one around here somewhere."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 3/28/2024, 4:43 am