A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

HOT DIVE INTO FROZEN WAVES -- or something [private]

Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female
    Number of posts : 1696
    Registration date : 2014-07-20

HOT DIVE INTO FROZEN WAVES -- or something [private] - Page 2 Empty Re: HOT DIVE INTO FROZEN WAVES -- or something [private]

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 6/7/2015, 4:02 pm

"With this weather I don't think that will be an issue." She smiled at Bee. "Especially if we do some sun bathing." Though they had come to the lake to cool off, not heat back up. Though if either the demigod or the demi-titan got too warm then the lake was right there for them to cool off in. Assuming of course they stayed by the lake, leaving would mean either drying off and redressing, or taking their clothes and heading back to their cabins in their swimsuits. The latter option didn't really appeal to Valerie.
    "Maybe but I was tiring." Valerie admitted, her cheeks turning a rosy red at her friend's praise as her heartbeat slowly returned to normal. "Thanks, I'm better on land so you could have won too." Bee could have definitely won if she decided to abandon Valerie to her fate. Yet, she had elected to not win and save Valerie, so perhaps the fates envisioned a different ending for the daughter of Apollo? Only time would tell.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female
    Number of posts : 43512
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

HOT DIVE INTO FROZEN WAVES -- or something [private] - Page 2 Empty Re: HOT DIVE INTO FROZEN WAVES -- or something [private]

Post by Kendall 6/9/2015, 6:27 pm

Sunbathing? Well, Bee couldn't really argue against that (except for the fact that she suddenly recalled she hadn't put on sunscreen, so if she burned today she'd be peeling for days). She let herself lay down completely on her back, hand over her eyes to shield them from the sun/Apollo's wagon or whatever the hell he rode across the sky. Were they a little too close to the water still? Probably. But she was too lazy to move in the hot sun, letting herself dry off naturally instead of going to get her towel.

"Aren't we all?" she replied languidly, shutting her eyes for a moment. "Your head start helped a lot. Shame we had to end the race like that, I really enjoyed it." It reminded her briefly of home, when she had faced against her friends in, like, anything you could possibly do: swimming, eating (almost choked several times but she'd always lose anyway -- still worth it), bike races, running. Ha. That all seemed so tiny and insignificant now, as she lay on the lake shore with the sun burning on her face and a new friend by her side, as water nymphs swam in the waters and openly sprayed people with their water powers and as kids retaliated back in jest with their own. For the moment Bee almost felt like she did belong here, amidst all the mystery and magic of this new world.
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 6/10/2015, 3:23 am

Valerie laughed happily at that. "True unless you are a daughter or son of the various gods of the waters, rivers and seas." She liked the feeling of the Sun against her skin, it's warmth seeping into her body. Valerie didn't burn easily which was a good thing in her opinion, but also her ability because of her parentage allowed her to look directly into the sun and not be blinded by it. Similar to Meerkats really. However, her night vision well and truly sucked, Valerie really wasn't the girl for night operations.
    "Yeah... Me to." Valerie responded slowly, yes she might have managed to win the race but it nearly cost the daughter of Apollo her life. It would have been an ignominious ending to her life to fall like that. To those people who ever dared to say drowning would not be painful way to go, clearly have never nearly drowned. She shuddered at the memory, her lung bursting, screaming for air as she struggled desperately to raise her head above the water.

If it wasn't for Bee... Well she wouldn't still be here.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 6/12/2015, 4:08 pm

Well, Bee definitely wasn't any water god's kid -- far from it, really. Bees and water didn't seem to mix too well in quantity, especially in the world of cartoons when some character ended up pissing off a bee hive and caused some large, dramatic chase scene where they dive into water and the bees can't do a thing about it. Maybe that was why Bee hated those moments: because her father Melisseus ruled over bees, making her naturally sympathize with them. (Empathize? She didn't exactly know how those little guys felt except when she talked to them for brief fleeting moments, but maybe with time....)

Laying there on her back, the warm sun rays beat down on her body and gradually began to warm her again, the water starting to evaporate from her body the longer she stay still. She could feel the sand against her back and legs, grainy in texture and damp from all the water that had soaked the ground when she first sat down; any shift and she could feel the sand move with her. It'd be a hassle to clean herself off later on, but for the moment Bee didn't care.

Yawning, Bee looked over at Valerie and asked her suddenly: "You ever go surfing? Bit more difficult than swimming, but at least you'd have something to hold on to -- if there aren't sharks around. Used to do it all the time back home with my friends. Maybe we could try that sometime."
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 6/12/2015, 4:19 pm

Valerie honestly in her entire life had never once been surfing. Perhaps it was time that she learnt to? Or rather went and gave it a try at least the once? She believed that she should try, at least the once, experience something new. All assuming of course, nothing tried to eat them whilst they surfed or as would probably be Valerie's case fall into the sea with a splash. She looked back over at her friend Bee, seeing that she was looking at Valerie.
    "No in all honesty I've never been." Valerie replied answering honestly. "I can imagine it is more difficult than swimming however." She left unanswered the bit about the sharks, she didn't want to think about what a Shark might do to a Demigod surfing. "Aw that sounds nice." Valerie commented, thought she hadn't possessed many real friends till she came to Camp Half-blood and most of those were long since dead. Sad times really.

"Yeah as long as you don't mind teaching me." Valerie had never even touched a surf board so she possessed no idea how to use one. She would need some lessons in how to use it, so that she didn't spend the entire time falling into the sea.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 6/13/2015, 11:59 am

Teach her? Well, Bee was up for that challenge, at least; it'd take her mind off the terrible monotony that was her life at camp. All she'd need now are two surfboards and maybe a life jacket, just in case Valerie accidentally fell off or got swept out by waves -- but where to get them? Maybe some child of Hephaestus could make two for her, or Bee could even try her hand at making them herself. After all, how hard could that be? Just take two giant planks of wood, cut and sand them down to the average sizes they'd need for their heights.... Maybe she'd get a few splinters and her arms would hurt, but it'd be well worth it. (She couldn't trust anyone to bring her her surfboard from home, anyway; she was sure it'd break in the process or her favorite cabin-mate Estelle would just drop it off her damned cloud.)

"That can be arranged," Bee told her, running a hand over her face; she was beginning to sweat again, which meant they could probably go back into the water soon because it was like the freaking desert here. "How tall are you, exactly? I'll need to make or get us boards and stuff, which'll take a while. You won't have much trouble learning how to use it."
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 6/13/2015, 12:47 pm

Valerie was still quite enjoying lying in the sun, though her legs were still in the lake so she was much cooler. However she considered going back into it as the rest of her was slowly but surely beginning to heat up as a result of the relentless sun. Valerie looked away from Bee, somewhat reluctant to admit to how vertically challenge she actually happened to be. Well she was on the smaller side of tiny but she stood at a proud four foot nine.
    "Four foot nine." Valerie said quietly, she hoped that she might grow some more. Most people thought her cute, yet Valerie wanted to be something other than cute, especially when a few of the other girls from her cabin who were slightly taller looked stunning. This was according to a few of the guys from other cabins who she over heard. Short girls happened to be cute, but why could they not be stunning? Plus Valerie disliked having to have a work out every time she wanted to reach something from a high shelf.

"Thanks but you don't have to do that if you don't want to." She informed her friend, it seemed like a whole lot of effort to have to go through just to teach her. Valerie could try teaching her archery? It depended upon Bee wanting to learn it of course. "If you want I can teach you archery?" Valerie really wanted to learn how to surf, it would be really cool to surf and it would as well be quite impressive to do.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 6/14/2015, 10:57 pm

"Oh no, it's fine. Relaxing and all -- I like carpentry." Thank God her dad had taught her how, or else she'd be stuck with no surfboard near a beach that may or may not have some nice waves. Bee would just need to look up a book on surfboards and read up on their structures, build them from there. She had a vague idea of how large they should be -- Valerie's shouldn't be too big since the girl was tiny as hell -- and Bee remembered the dimensions of the one she had at home. She'd need to gather wax, wood.... Paint it somehow. What other materials?

Fanning her face, Bee shut her eyes against the sun's rays and exhaled deeply through her nose as she thought a moment -- to be interrupted by Valerie's kind offer to teach her archery in return. It sounded better than sword-fighting, and hey -- it would help her learn some ways to defend herself. If she picked it up fast, maybe she could even go home for the school year? (But maybe not. Bee shouldn't get her hopes up.) "Sounds cool. Should I find my own bow or do they have 'em there?" Ooh, she could even make one herself. So much fun.
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 6/15/2015, 6:40 am

"That is good then." Valerie responded, she herself was awful at woodwork, though if they marked it on getting splinters she would be the best student since she always finished the class with those little splinters in her hand, you know the annoying ones that required a friend to pull them out of your hand. Yeah, those fun devils.
    Valerie was pleased that Bee wanted to learn archery. "Hmm they have them here but you could always make your own one if you so wished." Valerie had her own bow, a short bow since virtually all of the bigger bows were to difficult for her to move. Sure it lacked the range of the larger bows but Valerie could still shoot with the best of them. So long as someone didn't make her fight at night, Valerie hated the darkness, she was virtually blind because of her ability.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 6/21/2015, 12:21 am

"Would a crossbow be okay?" Bee wondered aloud, scratching at a bug bite on her arm. Darned mosquitos were out and about, but it wasn't surprising with the hot weather and the hotbed of... watery places. She should stop picking at it before it got worse, though. "Any recommendations? I dunno much about archery. Haven't gone to the range at all since I got here."

Back home in Maryland, one of her friends had told her about stuff he learned from his dad in North Carolina: hunting with a gun, some archery with some complicated-sounding bow, fishing. Did Bee envy him? Not really. Didn't seem like her thing. But now that she was laying there on the lake shore at Camp Half Blood, maybe this was her best bet for getting out of camp and back home by the end of summer. Her friends would surely miss her, wouldn't they?
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 6/22/2015, 4:02 am

"I guess." Though personally Valerie had never used one, bows well short bows were what she used at the range, very occasionally things like throwing knives or slings. "I suppose we could get you to try several different ranged weapons and see which one you prefer the most." Valerie suggested to Bee after some thought.
    Valerie stayed at Camp all year round, mostly because she didn't have much choice in the matter. Her family was long since dead so going home was out of the question. Not to mention that it might be an incredibly dangerous journey for her regardless of which method of travel she used. It happened to simply be far safer for her to remain at Camp. Maybe one day she might be invited by a friend or her boyfriend to come home with them for the year. She doubted it but it might be nice to not always live at Camp Half-blood till she reached eighteen.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 7/2/2015, 9:28 pm

"Sounds fine by me," Bee affirmed, lowering her hand to stop exacerbating the mosquito bite -- no matter how itchy it felt now, the skin on and around the small bump red from her nails. Maybe she should cut them or something, before they turned into cat cl-- oh hey, that's a cool idea. Scratch someone's eyes out in the heat of battle, that'll definitely make people a lot less afraid of her. "Do y'all make most of your bows and stuff here, or do the gods just sorta hand some off to you and go 'sorry for neglecting you, here's a present' and then that's passed down from kid to kid over the years?"

Would her dad ever do something like that for her? She didn't even know what he looked like, besides some very vague things her mother had passive-aggressively said around Father's Day before she had married Bee's stepdad. Turns out her mom didn't exactly fall head-over-heels in love and remain that way the entirety of their relationship, unlike what Bee had already been told by some of the campers about what the gods usually did to leave. (Sudden abandonment though was sorta -- ouch.)

[ooc: sorry for the late reply graduation happened and then i lost track of everything]
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 7/3/2015, 4:01 pm

"Erm..." Valerie thought about it quietly for a few moments. "I think it is optional you could take a ready made one or make you own however..." Her cheeks flushed with embarrassment. "Due to my height I cannot use the larger more powerful bows you should have no trouble considering your taller than me."

She shook her head. "Some kids get a weapon as a gift from their godly parent I haven't ever had a weapon though." Her father had given her a picture of all of her old friends back from before her disastrous Vegas mission.

OOC: That is perfectly fine do not worry about it. Hope graduation was fun and sorry that my post is short.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 7/16/2015, 3:25 pm

[ooc: ANDDD i forgot again i'm so sorry]

"Uh, well. Whatever you recommend I'll go for, no biggie. Don't think carrying really big bows around would be practical, anyway, but what do I know?" Bee knew lots about bugs. And surfing. And carpentry. And, uh, history maybe. But nothing about bows because she hadn't needed to defend herself using ancient fighting methods at all back home in Maryland, and why would she? Bee hadn't known herself as the child of some awesome Greek god back then and she didn't think she knew herself as such now -- and she barely knew anything about the gods, anyway, so that was entirely counterproductive. "But, uh. How about those Olympus trips? You ever go talk to your dad? I hear they give gifts around those times."
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 7/17/2015, 12:51 pm

Valerie shrugged. "I think it is more to do with power really and range though you are right there about practicality." She preferred her small bow any, especially as it tended to be ideal for one of her stature to use it effectively. Valerie shook her head there, she had never been on one ever so didn't really know. "I've never been to Olypmus or been on the Olympus trip, so no I haven't spoken my dad though he did give me a gift which was nice." The photograph of Valerie with all ofbher friends had been greatly appreciated and help to lift her spirits when she felt rather blue.

OOC: Do not stress that is alright.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 7/18/2015, 6:07 pm

Power and range? Eh. Bee would need to see for herself if the clunkiness of large bows was really worth the hassle of carrying it around.

"Well, why haven't you? It's a nice opportunity to, uh, maybe yell at them or discuss why they left. Just too lazy or...?" Maybe she should try to go next time the solstice trip rolled around -- after all, she did have quite a few things she wanted to ask Melisseus given the opportunity, like "why were you such a jerk to Mom" or "seriously, why bee powers?" or some other such thing, which was probably typical for any child visiting their godly parents. (Unless Titans didn't go to solstice stuff. Then she was probably stuck.)
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 7/19/2015, 8:33 am

"I kinda haven't wanted to meet him." Valerie said her voice filled with an odd mixture of reluctance and sadness. "It's not that I'm not too lazy." She searched for the right words to explain. "I've been... Busy and well... Judging from the old myths about Apollo I can say I understand some of the things my father goes through." She sighed quietly before whispering. "Like never having much look in the fields of romance."

She shook her head. "Not saying I'm comparing my life to my godly father just that." Valerie sighed exasperatedly. "You know they say you should never meet your heroes? Well it is that." Valerie hoped she was explaining it with some success. "My dad, Apollo he has at least according to the myths never done too well in romance and knowing that my dad struggles at this means that I'm not the only one and it makes me feel closer to him knowing that I have something in common with him." Valerie really had not explained why she'd never been to see him, but... Perhaps she just didn't want to meet him, just in case he failed to live up to the stories told about him.

"I.... I don't know really there is so much stuff I still have to adjust to in this time period." She looked out across the lake as if the far shore held the answer. "I've never really thought about it much..."
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 7/23/2015, 7:21 pm

Since Bee had heard very few of Apollo's romantic exploits in the myths, she couldn't really judge him for any of it -- but he was a Greek god, and they apparently always ended up fulfilling Lady Gaga's premonitions in her hit song "Bad Romance" on some album, available on iTunes for like eight bucks or something. Maybe less now, since it was old news by the wonderful year of 2015.

But even then, Valerie had sort of made some vague explanation for not wanting to see her dad. Sure, she didn't want to meet her "hero," which Bee could respect -- but then why throw in the romance thing? Was it because of her fri-- oh. That was probably why. Aha. This demititan sure was dense sometimes, she didn't know how she could survive in this cold, hard world that seemed very unforgiving towards anyone outside of the regular spectrum of... humanity.

With a slight grunt, she sat up to brush sand off the back of her head. Damned stuff was all over her back, her hair, and her legs like a form of natural glitter -- Bee would make sure to cuss out whatever god had dominion over sand if she ever bothered to find that information out. "Well, those are fair reasons to me. Take your time, I'm sure if he ever wants to see you he might... send a message. Or another gift. How does that even work, anyway? Does he send something flying down into your arms in a golden shower of light or, like... use the postal system to mail it to you?"
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 7/24/2015, 8:15 am

"Gifts from what I've heard arrive on your bed delivered by Hermes." She answered her question. Valerie pulled herself out of the water, as she stood up. It was quite nice simply relaxing in the sun by the lakeside. Unfortunately it tended to remind her of the old days. In a way the camp was the same but equally it happened to completely different. Valerie sighed quietly to herself as she thought about the old days some more.
    Valerie moved to pick up her towel drying herself with it, debating about putting some on her clothes over her swim suit. "So would you like to do anything else? Or are you still good with this?" Valerie suggested as she slung her towel over her left shoulder.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 7/29/2015, 6:56 pm

Hermes? The dude with the sandals and the snakes. Awesome.

Bee shrugged as she wiped the sand off her legs with her equally-sandy hands, which really didn't help reduce the amounts on her body in any way. She'd have to take another quick dip in the lake again to make sure she didn't drag sand into some building and get knocked on the head and eaten by one of the demonic bird ladies who cleaned the camp. They sort of looked like that one librarian that attacked her that one time several months ago, when she started getting really antsy about being alone. "I'm still fine with this, but I'm sorta getting a bit hungry. Maybe we can go sneak some food out of the mess hall and come back? Have a bit of a picnic or something on the lake."
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 7/30/2015, 1:08 pm

"Yeah maybe we can change, shower then go get food?" Valerie disliked the idea of going to get food in just a towel and her bikini. "I'll hit the showers then meet you back here?" Valerie said, gathering all of her various things up.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 8/15/2015, 11:53 pm

[ooc: OI I'M SORRY I FOROGT ABOUT THIS AND THE ARSENAL WEIBRUTRHIBRT]

"Oh yeah, sure. Maybe we should set up a time limit or somethin' -- assume the other's missing if she isn't here in exactly fifty minutes or something." Bee was slowly -- slowly -- getting up now, feeling the sand scraping against her legs as she stood up and stretched her arms and legs. Gods, her back felt sorta cramped up from laying down weird for so long. With a wince Bee ambled over to her things and gathered them up, noting with relief nothing had been stolen as she slipped her sandals back on her sandy feet.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 3/28/2024, 10:32 pm