A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

In pursuit of Pompey (Open)

Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female
    Number of posts : 1696
    Registration date : 2014-07-20

In pursuit of Pompey (Open) Empty In pursuit of Pompey (Open)

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 5/28/2015, 1:33 pm

Lizzie Maxwell moved quietly through the buildings, avoiding the crowds when possible. She wondered what Pompey was up to, knowing the big ginger tom he probably found a way to get himself into trouble, stealing food or hunting the pets of other Demigods. She dived down an alley to avoid having to go through a crowd of rowdy Mars boys. There was something about boys that left her feeling tongue tied, like Lizzie didn't know how to act around them.
    She felt more comfortable around girls, though she put that down to the fact that she happened to be a daughter of Stimula. She emerged out of the other side of the alley way, hoping to find Pompey before he got himself and by extension Lizzie into trouble. She wasn't the tallest girl at the camp, five foot five with long ginger hair tied up in a single braid. Lizzie wore a black t-shirt with the words INTEL printed on the front of it in bold, crisp, white letters, with black shorts with the words SPQR printed on the left left and black boots which went up to just under her knees. "Right now where have you got yourself to Pompey?" She muttered quietly to herself in her thick Scottish accent, which felt and sounded entirely out of place in the Legion, especially when it modelled itself highly on the Rome of old. Her blue eyes scanned the roof tops nearby, looking for traces of her beloved pet. As she was doing so Lizzie neglected to focus on where she was heading and bumped into someone with a startled. "Oof."
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female
    Number of posts : 2302
    Registration date : 2014-12-31

In pursuit of Pompey (Open) Empty Re: In pursuit of Pompey (Open)

Post by Kwacken 5/28/2015, 3:27 pm

Xavier's foot itched. This annoyed him, because it wasn't there. He walked, well, crutched, along in the city intent to see his brother and discuss things. Or well, he would, except he had gotten lost. Where was the forge anyway? He kept crutching, looking around, until he felt something, someone, run into him.

Aside from the great displeasure of having someone touch him, Xavier felt himself lose balance. He moved his leg back to catch himself, but realized too late that he didn't have a foot. Pain radiated up his leg and through his back as he landed on those first, then cracked the back of his head sharply against the brick road.

Black and grey dots floated in front of his eyes for several seconds as he stared up at the dazzling blue sky amid the buildings. What happened? He let out a grunt, then started to push himself up. His leg wasn't bleeding, it was just sore, but his glasses were...somewhere. He felt around. "Don't step! I need my glasses!"
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 5/28/2015, 5:11 pm

Oh no, Lizzie froze her voice catching in her throat. She couldn't find it in her to speak, something about guys even the crippled ones it seemed made her far too edgy. She bent down and helped find his glasses before handing them too him as well as offering him a hand up. In her mind she went over her apology, the other Roman possessed every right to be mad at her, she was mad at herself.
    If she had been looking where she was going instead of up, then the young scot would not have crashed into him, knocking him to the floor. Eventually she managed to whisper. "Sorry." It came out as a frightened squeak almost, it was easy to mishear her or simply not hear her at all. She wanted to continue searching for her beloved cat, currently the only male influence in her life as her friendship circle was entirely female. This was mostly because Lizzie could not talk to a boy to save her life, she was deathly shy. "Would you like a hand?" The daughter of Stimula asked, he might refuse one because he was angry with her and two because of his own pride. He might not be seen wanting help or needing help. She could not help but feel guilty about her actions, this had been her fault.
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 5/28/2015, 7:57 pm

Xavier looked up at the ginger-haired girl as he put his glasses on and he blinked several times before he ran a hand through his dark curly hair. "A hand? Is that a colloquial for helping me stand?" He asked, then reached up be pulled up by the girl as he held onto one of his crutches. "Um, I believe the social protocol requires me to introduce myself. Hi. I'm Xavier."
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 5/29/2015, 4:36 am

He seemed fine, at least well enough to be sarcastic. Well she took it as sarcasm anyway. Lizzie pulled him up where he then decided to introduce himself to her. Her throat felt tight, something about guys made her feel nervous. She had never really encountered any till her second school after being kicked out of the first.
    That and probably being a daughter of Stimula didn't help, plus being rather shy. Eventually she managed to force out a few words feeling really uncomfortable. Not because he was a cripple, but because he happened to be a guy. "Hey I... I... I'm Lizzie." Her cheeks flushed with colour from embarrassment, she struggled to talk when boys were present, even more so when they decided to talk to her directly. An act of valour for her would be going and talking to a guy who either had a crush on her or she a crush on them.
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 5/29/2015, 2:58 pm

Xavier looked at the girl, whose color was changing. She was turning pink and red. Xavier wasn't good with body language, but he knew that meant something. He stared unblinking at her as he tried to think of what it was. "Are you unwell? Your face is red. That can be a sign of heat exhaustion." He said, a little proud of himself.
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 5/29/2015, 3:31 pm

Lizzie blushed, by Jupiter her cheeks must have been really red if he thought that. "No." She managed to say some what clearly. "I... I am... Just a bit shy.. And embarrassed." Well to be honest she was very shy not just a little bit. As for being exhausted no, Lizzie wasn't tired. Unless you counted tired of not being able to really talk to boys well.
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 5/29/2015, 5:44 pm

Xavier continued to stare at her. The corners of his mouth moved in an almost imperceptible frown. "Why are you embarrassed? I was not looking where I was going." He was tempted to mention being shy. He knew the definition of the word, but had no real grasp of the concept. Why would someone be shy?
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 5/29/2015, 6:07 pm

Lizze found herself feeling increasing uncomfortable under his gaze, she turned her head away though she could still feel his eyes searing through her skin. "N... Ne... Neither was I." She stammered nervously. "P... Plus... I.. I am not ve... very good at talking to boys." She hated how the words caught in her throat, Lizzie sounded the complete polar opposite of when she was with her female friends. Guys, possibly due to a mixture of her parentage and general lack of experience around them resulted in well this.
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 5/29/2015, 6:34 pm

"Are you good at talking to girls? Usually stammers make people self-conscious and people find it difficult to talk to people in general." Xavier stated, not noticing her increasing discomfort with him staring at her.
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 5/30/2015, 1:14 am

"No." She answered, that happened to be easy, it felt natural to her. She was pretty good at getting the girls to be passionate about her ideas, thought one would probably expected nothing less from a daughter of Stimula.
    Boys on the other hand, they were an entirely unknown and different quantity to her. "I can... Talk to girls easily."
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 6/2/2015, 5:31 pm

Xavier tilted his head slightly. He didn't understand that at all. "I do not understand. That is not uncommon for me." He said, which was true. He often didn't understand things that were normal for people to understand. It made him feel self-conscious. "I believe social protocol also requires me to ask how you are doing today."
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 6/2/2015, 5:46 pm

"Guys... Make me nervous... I guess." She didn't know, all the daughter of Stimula knew was that talking to them happened to be rather difficult for her if not impossible. No matter how much Lizzie tried to relax or talk to those of the opposite gender, she just came across as awkward or nervous, sometimes both.
    "I'm okay... J... Just looking for my cat." Which happened to be who she was for before colliding with Xavier. He was okay, if a little blunt or technical. Lizzie was not exactly sure which word would describe it accurately.
    "H....How are... You?"
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 6/2/2015, 6:04 pm

"Well. You are missing your cat?" Xavier asked, tilting his head again, but he didn't show much facial expression. "What does your cat look like?" He asked again. "I would be willing to help you find him."
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 6/2/2015, 6:09 pm

"Yes." She answered quietly looking around for any sign of her cat, but also so she wouldn't have to focus on him. With guys, Lizzie was not sure where to look.
    "He's.... A... A... Big ginger tom called..." Her cheeks reddened from embarrassment. "Pompey." The Romans some of them liked her cat's rather Roman name, others however disliked it because of Pompey the General's relationship. "Thanks." Lizzie added, uncertain whether or not she would be okay with the company of a boy.
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 6/2/2015, 9:58 pm

"Pompey is the name of a city, isn't it?" Xavier asked, tilting his head again. He looked around for a ginger colored cat, that was orange isn't it? He couldn't speak to cats the same way he could to dogs, which meant that it was going to be harder to find. "Where have you looked already? Cats like to be up high, or down low."
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 6/3/2015, 7:51 am

"No that... That is Pompeii." She explained to him. Pompey was her cat, named after a Roman back when the Empire still existed. "The barracks mostly.... I.. I hope he doe... Doesn't tr.. Try to eat anyone's p... Pets." She added, Pompey, was quite found of mice though the big ginger tom would quite happily help himself to birds, rats, rabbits, gerbils and hamsters. There was very little her cat would not try to devour or attempt to eat.
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 6/3/2015, 3:53 pm

"Or that anyone's pet tries to eat him." Xavier offered helpfully. "I believe we should start near eateries. Or if he likes people, whereever people go. Do you know where normal people congregate?"
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 6/3/2015, 4:08 pm

"They'd have a job." Lizzie said defensively. Pompey would not end up as someone's dinner. "Yes... A... As he likes food." Lizzie doubted that he would be near where people normally congregated, because Lizzie never went to such places without her female friends, Pompey never went because he disliked the amount of food, plus the noise disrupted his ability to hunt.
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 6/10/2015, 10:11 am

"Ah, I believe there are some eateries to the south of us. I would guess a cat would look for one that has a large amount of rats near it. Like in the dumpsters behind it. Not in the eatery. That would be unsanitary." Xavier said quickly, hoping that this person didn't think he was too strange. He tried to be normal. He just really didn't have a good grasp on what normal was like.
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 6/10/2015, 4:15 pm

Lizzie nodded quickly to him. "Y.. Y... Yeah." She thought it was a good place to try. Lizzie knew her cat however would not be around the crowds, rather like her owner to be honest.
    Lizzie really couldn't cope well in crowds, it made her panic somewhat.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 3/28/2024, 10:27 pm