A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

two science dorks walk into a prom

two science dorks walk into a prom Empty two science dorks walk into a prom

Post by Guest 6/14/2015, 10:14 pm

wish you were right here
    franklin sheerhan found himself at the food table at prom. here he was, eighteen years old, probably at his last prom here, dateless and stuffing his mouth with pretzels. pretzels are his comfort food, he and margot do peanut butter and pretzel movie night when she comes to camp. anyway, this was his second prom. he didn't know why he went to the last one. it was disney themed and he stood where he is now, only dressed as prince eric. it was a sloppy costume. this year was superhero themed, and despite ari's begging for him to go as bobbi morse, franklin wanted to be coulson. he even had a tiny lola car in his pocket. he was probably going to leave soon anyway. despite spying on his half-sister, there was no reason for being here. after his failed attempt to ask kendra (which was forced by ari, which is probably why it failed.) he left the idea of them alone. he was pretty distant with her too. bad idea, he knows. but franklin didn't know what to do.
    © LOUIS!
    sienna
    sienna
    Official Site Coder
    This user coded the site!

Female
    Number of posts : 1828
    Registration date : 2012-09-10

two science dorks walk into a prom Empty Re: two science dorks walk into a prom

Post by sienna 6/14/2015, 10:55 pm

It would be an understatement to say that Kendra Blake wandered into prom. It was more along the lines of she had no clue that it was going on tonight, and even if she did, she probably wouldn’t have come. It just wasn’t really her scene. So, walking into the mess hall to find a bunch of kids dressed as superheros definitely confused her at first. She was just about to make a quick exit, before she noticed Franklin Sheerhan, in a suit. Something which she found extremely amusing.

Kendra stifled a laugh, before making her way through the crowd of Batmans and Captain Americas. She must’ve stood out like a sore thumb, wearing the jeans and floral blouse she had put on that morning. Its not like she was expecting to show up, nor was she expecting her best friend to be here. If she had known earlier, maybe she would’ve been able to pull something together. Like Peggy Carter or Jane Foster.

“Hey there, Frankie.” She greeted as she walked up behind him. She still had trouble keeping a straight face. Maybe it was because he was dressed like an adult, or maybe it was because he actually came to a social event. But she wasn’t one to talk, she had decided to stay exactly three minutes prior.

Post by Guest 6/14/2015, 11:15 pm

wish you were right here
    franklin looked up at his best friend with a look of fear. he didn't expect kendra to be here. she was always too good for prom and other things camp has to offer. and here she was, and here he was, with pretzel crumbs in the corner of his mouth. "kendra!" he said a little too excitedly. he coughed, rubbing his noise before he spoke again, "uh, i mean, hey...ken." god he was socially inept. he literally can only hold conversations with people he feels like can be his siblings.
    "what are you doing here? ya know besides not dancing."he tried laughing at his joke. franklin just needed to loosen up. he can be cool with kendra.
    © LOUIS!
    sienna
    sienna
    Official Site Coder

Female

Post by sienna 6/15/2015, 9:00 pm

Kendra raised her eyebrows at Franklin’s surprised reaction. She could be social if she wanted to. She actually used to be quite social about 40 years ago. Ok, so maybe it was because she was forced into social situations. Maybe social situations scared her and she would much rather stay in her room and read about science. There wasn’t anything wrong with that.

“Oh, I don’t know.” She answered, crossing her arms and leaning against the food table, “I heard music and got curious, I suppose. I could ask you the same question. Franklin Sheerhan at a party? Now that’s unheard of.” She gave him a little smile. She always found it easy to talk around Franklin. They had the same analytical mind, and he was almost as brilliant as her. Okay, they were equally brilliant.

Post by Guest 6/15/2015, 9:25 pm

wish you were right here
    kendra made a point. franklin and party normally are never in the same sentence. maybe if it was a study party and it involved his chemistry book and a whole bunch of red bull. he didn't see a chemistry book or stacks of red bull. however, he did see kendra, who is normally with him at his study parties. and he was glad that kendra was here, he didn't mind her at all.
    "who knows, Kendra? maybe now or in the future I really get into partying. who was he kidding. it's not like franklin's going to go to college and live in some fraternity and drink casually with his frat friends. "i think I was going to grab food and go. i have this toy car in my pocket and i'm dying to take it apart. but now you're here, so. i like that you're here.
    © LOUIS!
    sienna
    sienna
    Official Site Coder

Female

Post by sienna 6/22/2015, 10:17 pm

Kendra snorted at the prospect that Franklin would ever get into partying. She doubted she would ever see that. Him becoming a party person was as likely as her becoming a party person. Although, anything can happen. She wasn’t expecting to be flung 45 years into the future, yet here she was.

Kendra smiled once Franklin mentioned the car, and him liking her being here. She felt the same, this party became much more enticing once she saw Franklin. To be honest, a lot of things could be improved if Franklin was by her side. “Can I see it?” She asked, “The car, I mean, not the food.”

Last edited by Sienna on 7/2/2015, 12:09 am; edited 2 times in total

Post by Guest 6/23/2015, 10:08 pm

wish you were right here
    Franklin fumbled around in his pocket, trying to get out the car for Kendra. He'd do anything for her. Traveling half way across the world for example. It was just so easy for him to agree to those types of things because Kendra is just really nice to him. It wasn't that hard to figure out. He extended his hand out, having the tiny red car rest in the palm of his hand. He did want to get out of here. But Kendra continued the subject in the prom. And if that's what she wants to do, he will agree. It's my version of Lola.
    © LOUIS!
    sienna
    sienna
    Official Site Coder

Female

Post by sienna 7/2/2015, 12:09 am

Kendra smiled and took the car, turning it around in her fingers. “I used to have some of these when I was little. Matchbox cars. I had a lot of blue ones.” It wouldn’t be that interesting of a fact, if Kendra wasn’t from the sixties. Many of the things that she had grown up with were hardly around anymore. She was always pleasantly surprised to find something that had survived forty five years.

She handed back the car to Franklin as a particularly loud song started playing. Wrinkling her nose, she looked to Franklin. “Do you want to go somewhere else?” She paused before adding quickly, “Unless of course you want to stay here, after all you dressed up for this."

Post by Guest 7/2/2015, 12:35 am

wish you were right here
    Oh! No, Franklin did not want to be at prom with a very loud song blasting in his ears. But if Kendra and himself were being annoyed by the song at the same time, he guessed it wasn't that bad. But no he wanted to get out of here. Franklin slid Tiny Lola back into his pocket and nodded repeatedly at Kendra. I don't mind, we can go. Unless you really like EDM. But I mean...no.He chuckled for a bit before forcing to silence himself.  He moved over to the door, opening it for Kendra.
    © LOUIS!
    sienna
    sienna
    Official Site Coder

Female

Post by sienna 7/2/2015, 2:11 am

Kendra nodded, whatever EDM stood for, she didn’t like it. It hurt her ears a bit. The two of them walked out of the lunchroom, dodging a thor and captain america. She couldn’t help but smile when Franklin opened the door for her. They stepped out into the warm summer air, the lights from the dance still illuminating a large circle around the building. She could hear crickets and frogs chirping in the distance, and she couldn’t take her eyes off of Franklin. The smile on his face made butterflies erupt in her stomach and honestly all she wanted to do was wrap her arms around him. But that would be inappropriate. They were supposed to be friends, nothing else. At least, that’s what she told herself.

“I like the car.” she finally said, like four minutes after she gave it back to him. She was starting to get nervous, and really being nervous was hard for her.

ooc: changing the gif because I can and i love this gif to death

Post by Guest 7/2/2015, 2:34 am

wish you were right here
    kendra rarely said that she liked franklin's work. sure, when they would talk about their recent things she would said 'good idea' or 'nice'. but this was 'I like your work.' he smiled wider as he stepped to catch up with her.
    it was weird. being alone with kendra. they normally hang out alone all the time. but now there was no equipment in front of them. no possible science thing to say to keep a conversation going. it was just them. in the moonlight. alone. everything was all bouncy and weird inside. you really like my car?he asked. though he knew that she liked the car, because she said she liked the car. but he was just making sure. people like clothes and then they talk bad about the 'ugliest effing skirt' when they leave. franklin didn't want a backhanded compliment from Kendra.
    © LOUIS!
    sienna
    sienna
    Official Site Coder

Female

Post by sienna 7/2/2015, 2:24 pm

A smile grew on her face, as it always did around Franklin. It was hard to be sad around him, he always seemed to find a way to cheer her up, whether he knew it or not. Her nerves were on end right now, she wasn’t really sure why. Maybe it was the fact that she and her best friend - god that word sounded too platonic- were standing alone outside of the mess hall. Maybe it was because she realized that she liked him, more than a friend. Maybe it was because she was afraid to say anything on the subject.

“Of course I like it,” Kendra assured, “It’s cute.”

Post by Guest 7/2/2015, 2:35 pm

wish you were right here
    you're cute. franklin said almost automatically. he didn't even notice he said it until minutes later, when the air felt warmer on his skin. he felt all of this fear creep on him all at once. he just called kendra cute. well yeah she is cute he has noted that mentally in his head a few times. but that's weird. he shouldn't be calling kendra cute he should be calling her scientifically correct or something like that. but somewhere he knew he wanted to call her cute. like if fit with the conversation. though they were talking about a model car. model cars and kendra are not the same thing, though he likes them just the same maybe he likes her more. he's talked about that before with his sister. but every time he would just play it off casually, like he ignored his boiling feelings inside of him. it was much easier to do really. fill up the space where he could be confessing to engineering jargon and peanut butter and pretzels and he's find. there was no going back now, obviously. franklin was not quick enough to cover up what he just said. gods what has he done. margot would probably say he just did a frickin magical thing. he wasn't sure if he wanted the magic. all franklin could do in this moment was look down. he froze, not able to say anything in his defense. he couldn't look at her in fear of kendra laughing at him. his face burned, and all he could do is look at his shoes.
    © LOUIS!
    sienna
    sienna
    Official Site Coder

Female

Post by sienna 7/2/2015, 4:20 pm

The minute he said it, Kendra froze. The whole forest seemed to go silent. It took Kendra a moment before she realized she hadn’t even breathed. “I-uh... what?” was it completely out of the blue? Absolutely. Was she upset that he said it? Absolutely not. But she didn’t have time to prepare for this, and she was not good when she wasn’t prepared. She said stupid things, like what she just said. That wasn’t even an actual response. It was filler words. Her mind was basically filler words right now. She just had to take a deep breath, and do what she did best. Be rational. She liked him, and he- apparently- liked her. So she would run with it. Thats what she would do. No more thinking about what ifs, just listening.

Post by Guest 7/2/2015, 5:04 pm

wish you were right here
    franklin didn' know if kendra saying what was better than her not laughing. what was he expecting though, her to suddenly jump into his arms and they'd go off into the moonlight. honestly he didn't expect anything--he shouldn't have said anything. it would've been better to just say nothing to when she said she liked his car. maybe ignoring her would've been better.
    but here he was. stuck pitying himself for saying something that he really meant. I don't know, ken. why is franklin still talking. he just needed to get this off of his chest. the big welt of weirdness on his chest so that he can go and live his life freely. you're cute and it's really easy to be with you. like I could be here eating pretzels the most sloppy way I can and ya would be so calm with it. you laugh at my science jokes because theyre so bad that only you could get them...I don't know kendra maybe i'm crazy.. yes franklin is crazy. crazy enough to start talking about Kendra to Kendra while there is a party going on ten feet away from them.
    © LOUIS!
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male
    Number of posts : 4470
    Registration date : 2014-11-16

Post by Green 7/2/2015, 7:49 pm

Screams echoed through the mess hall as an oversized spider came into it. A couple of the Athena kids fainted from shock while the others either ran or stared. It hissed and rubbed it's fangs together as it sat its eyes on two demiods. Rearing up, it charged toward them.

Post by Guest 7/4/2015, 4:46 pm

wish you were right here
    I guess i'm trying to say that I lo- and then franklin heard the screaming. he looked up from kendra, wondering why this always happens to him. a giant spider was coming right for them. of course, just his luck. his sister is going to have a field day with this one.
    once franklin stopped feeling annoyed, he suddenly realized that this was a giant spider and it looked like it wanted to kill him and kendra. he couldn't let Kendra get hurt. he stepped foreword, trying his hardest not to look like a tiny boy scared for his life. he didn't have his weapon he was at a dance, all he has is the random tools in his pocket. his tools. franklin reached into his pocket and the first thing he got out was his car. he spent so much time on this tiny car. but maybe it could help them. a car could hit it and then Kendra and franklin can talk.
    he gripped his little lola, saying some last words to it, dear lola, please hit the spider at a good rate so I can be with Kendra, thanks. he sighed and then threw his prized car at the big bug
    © LOUIS!
    sienna
    sienna
    Official Site Coder

Female

Post by sienna 7/6/2015, 9:14 pm

It was amazing how quickly a great moment could fall apart. One moment, she felt giddy. Things were going the way she wanted. She finally was able to face her feelings for Franklin. Then, a giant metal spider jumped out. It was fair to say that she had just about the worst luck ever. She froze, remembering her absolute hatred for spiders. Some might even call it fear. They were gross, end of story. Then, Franklin bolted forward and threw his car at the thing.

“Franklin, no!” Kendra hissed, stepping closer to him and gripping his arm. It was already charging at them, and there was no way to fight it. She didn’t even have her weapon on her. So, that left them one choice, run.

“Let’s get out of here.” She said, trying to gauge how long they had before the spider got close enough to them. She wasn’t a physicist, nor a mathematician, but she knew they only had a couple seconds. For once, she wished she carried around acid strong enough to melt metal. But that would be absurd.

Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 7/8/2015, 12:05 am

The spider followed the both of them, not caring that a small car hit it. The spider continued to hiss at the teenagers. Nothing was more thrilling than a good chase.

Post by Guest 7/10/2015, 2:15 am

wish you were right here
    franklin wanted to throw more things at the robot. like somehow, the tools would save the two of them. as if he was being heroic by wasting screwdrivers on metallic spiders. he turned around, looking at Kendra's panicked face that matched his. He looked down at his hands in his pockets and then back to her.

Franklin ran over to Kendra, trying not to smile. it was weird, he wanted to smile, but a spider was chasing them so he couldn't really smile. franklin's hand slowly moved down to hers, dancing around the idea of holding it. just do it you twat. his hands shook a little before taking her hand gently and then squeezing it together.
    © LOUIS!
    sienna
    sienna
    Official Site Coder

Female

Post by sienna 7/10/2015, 2:36 am

Kendra nodded, holding tighter onto his hand as if they were going to be separated at any moment.

And then they ran.

It was hard running in the forest, especially at night. They weren’t on any sort of path, they just stumbled through the forest, dodging trees and roots. The bushes and brush scraped against her legs and arms, no doubt drawing blood. Her hair tumbled about, getting caught in twigs and branches as they ran. She found it hard to keep a grip on Franklin’s hand, but she didn’t let go for fear of losing him. She could hear her heart beating loudly against her chest, telling her to keep moving unless she wanted to be spider food.  She was made of pure adrenaline.

Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 7/15/2015, 12:14 am

The spider had not given up chase, set up getting its kill, then it stopped chasing them and instead, shot a thick web at the both of them, hoping to in case the demigod teenagers and then spit acid in their faces!

Post by Guest 7/16/2015, 3:49 pm

wish you were right here
    franklin watched as the spider shot a web in front of them. he remembered when he was seven he walked through a spider web and started freaking out. margot had to get the web out of his hair while he was having a tantrum.

lets just say he learned about spider webs and what not to do. her pulled kendra over to the right, now running in that direction. franklin was not really focused on the branches smacking him in the face, he was more focused on you know, not dying. he just wanted to get out of here, okay.
    © LOUIS!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 3/28/2024, 9:14 pm