A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

Pain and Frustration

Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female
    Number of posts : 2302
    Registration date : 2014-12-31

Pain and Frustration Empty Pain and Frustration

Post by Kwacken 6/26/2015, 5:41 pm

Evander jogged through the woods, focusing on his breathing as he ran. His arms pumping to the side of him, his feet slamming heavily against the ground as his legs burned with every movement. His mind didn't want to focus on breathing, though. It wanted to focus on the Prom. The failure. He was SURE he had asked Alice, but she said he hadn't. ADHD could play tricks with memory, but that was too much. Embarrassing. He had wanted to kill Arcas. He still did.

He wanted to kill Arcas now for more than just taking Alice to the Prom. He wanted to kill him for being a brat. Being a jerk, and an insulting snide piece of excrement. Treating Evander like he was stupid. He wasn't stupid!

The son of Ares was distracted from his thoughts by a rock being slick. His foot slipped, he lost his balance and in a flash of brilliant pain in his knee and ankle, he was on the forest floor, his leg twisted halfway under him.

He yelled, as much out of frustration and anger as pain. Slamming his meaty hand against the ground a couple of times before he tried to straighten his leg out, hissing with pain as he did. He pushed himself up, hopping on his left leg. This was going to be awkward. Hopefully someone else would come through the forest.

Pain and Frustration Empty Re: Pain and Frustration

Post by Guest 6/27/2015, 10:21 am

clara had her whole training day planned out. she had already started the morning off right with a hot shower followed by some meditation and stretching. after that she went down to the mess hall to enjoy herself a kale smoothie along with a four-cheese omelette. the combination of the two foods left her feeling energized and with a lot of excess energy to burn. that's why she found herself where she was now: in the forest.

decked out in a pair of black running pants, a slim-fitting, pastel orange long-sleeved shirt, a small white pack that held two bottles of water and a field medical kit, and her favorite pair of la sportiva running shoes, clara was running along at a pretty decent pace. she hasn't been running for very long, a few months maybe, but she picked up a love for it pretty quickly. she now tried to go on a run every morning, rain or shine. the daughter of hermes was the type of girl who was in love with exercise and keeping herself fit. the feeling of pushing her body to it's limits was her cocaine. while clara wasn't one to shame her looks, she did enjoy seeing herself become more and more fit looking. her health was extremely important for her, especially in the world she lived in. sure, she had never even been in a fight yet, but there was still the chance of her being forced to at any second during the day, or at night for that matter. that's another reason the demigod liked exercising. it helped clear her mind and allowed her to focus and alleviate the symptoms of her adhd for a short time.  if there was one thing that clara didn't like about herself, besides her pale skin, it was her adhd. she hated not being able to focus on things at all times and despised having her mind always flickering from subject to subject. if there was one thing she could change, that is, without a doubt, what she would clear herself of.

as clara ran, she mainly focused on her breath. in, out, in, out. occasionally the demigod would have to stop and take a look at her surroundings so she wouldn't get lost. camp was large enough as it is, but the forest was enormous. it was extremely easy to get lost if you didn't pay attention to the trails that littered the area. clara had gotten lost in the forest before and it was the most terrifying experience she had ever been put through. from that time on, she made sure that she never ran off of the beaten paths. running through the verdant shrubbery almost always meant that you would get lost, or worse. clara at the moment was jogging on one of the most well-trodded paths through the forest. another thing that she had to be looking out for were the various creatures that inhabited the forest. while there were many friendly creatures that called the forest their home, there were also many that wouldn't think twice about chasing down a tasty demigod snack. if there was one thing that clara did not want to become, it was that.

her mind was on autopilot. turn left, go straight then take another left. she had gone on this trail so many times that she knew every inch of it by heart. she may not have been running for very long, but it was still a path that she had been on many times; whether it be for capture the flag or a monster-hunting class. clara didn't exactly enjoy either, but she was forced to take part in both of the activities. fighting was not her thing, despite how fit she was. the phrase "she wouldn't hurt a fly" was very applicable to the girl. the daughter of hermes was about halfway through her run when she heard a loud shout to her right. the girl immediately stops and her head snaps toward the source of the sound. she couldn't see who had let out the growl, but it sounded very much like pain. disobeying her mind, clara starts to slowly make her way off of the trail and into the mess of plants, trees, and vines that called the sides of trails their home. she makes her way through the clutter carefully, making sure that she avoids any poison ivy plants or thorn bushes. after about two minutes of trekking, the girl comes across another majorly beaten down path. she could make out a shadowy figure struggling to stand up. it was definitely the shape of a human, a large one at that.

taking small and quiet steps, clara walks up behind the figure: male, jacked, and freaking tall. almost definitely a child of some god of fighting or whatnot. taking in a deep breath and preparing herself to dodge a punch if needed, clara taps the boy on the side. "is everything okay? you look hurt," the girl asks, her voice radiating kindness. clara had medical supplies in her pack and wouldn't think twice about using them on someone else. she was just kind of intimidated by this guy. he had at least twelve inches on her and could probably pummel her into the ground in a single hit. maybe poking him lightly in the side from the back wasn't the greatest idea after all.

Last edited by toast on 6/30/2015, 11:23 am; edited 2 times in total
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 6/28/2015, 12:55 am

Evander was caught off guard, having been trying to get up. He was even using his sword as a cane to push up. It was a good thing it was in his scabbard, because when someone touched him from behind, it was like a 12 year old girl getting a spider dropped on her. If the girl was over six feet tall and flailing wildly. Luckily, the son of Ares managed to miss his target, for which he was thankful, but he was quite embarrassed about the less than manly shriek.

"Are you out of your mind?! Don't scare me like that! I could have killed you! Are you okay? I didn't hit you, did I?" He might be a son of a war god, but he wasn't an intentional jerk. Just impulsively violent.

Post by Guest 6/28/2015, 12:06 pm

yeah, poking this guy was not one of clara's best ideas. it joined the ranks for one of her worst. for once, her height came to an advantage, for when the boy whipped his sword around it swooshed right over her head. the daughter of hermes lets out a little peep and ducks to the ground, even though the boy was done flailing like a child getting an injection. her eyes were shut tight in fear of watching herself get slaughtered. she keeps herself crouched until she hears a voice call out to her, asking if she was okay. well that was good, this guy most likely wasn't going to annihilate her.

a deep breath is forced out of clara's lungs as she opens her eyes and stands back up to her full height. she found herself face-to-chest with the boy she had stupidly tapped. almost all of the color was drained from her face as she looks up to stare the demigod in the face. her heart was still racing, but she tried to control her breathing, which was no easy feat at the moment. without any control of it, clara finds herself smiling sheepishly.

"uh, sorry about that. it wasn't the best thinking on my part," the daughter of hermes says, reaching a hand behind her head to scratch her neck in embarrassment. "i heard your shout from a nearby trail and wanted to know if you were okay. i . . . i have a small medical kit on me that might be of some help."

to be honest, clara was still kind of frightened of this guy: his imposing stature, the way he had shrieked (only the manliest of men shouted like girls), and his military-esque look. once she was done talking, she finds herself staring at her feet in shame. she felt like an idiot. sometimes people didn't want help. what if he was one of those people? what if he decided to "teach her a lesson" for trying to be helpful? clara didn't want to think about these grotesque scenes, but her mind couldn't seem to drag itself away from the images of the possible scenarios that could go down in the minutes to come.

Last edited by toast on 6/30/2015, 11:22 am; edited 1 time in total
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 6/28/2015, 6:20 pm

"Oh." Evander looked down at his leg. His knee was throbbing, with a sharp tearing pain whenever he tapped his toe against the ground for balance and already starting to feel tight against his pant-leg. His ankle wasn't much better, but he couldn't take the boot off to inspect or he would never get it back on. Better to leave the boot on.

The teen boy kept his weight on his left leg, balanced more or less with his sword. Normally, he liked to avoid help. He was a man. He could do it on his own. But he was in the deadly forest, by his reckoning about half a mile or further from the main camp, and putting any weight on his leg made him want to whimper like a kicked puppy.

"Thank you for coming to check, make sure I wasn't being eaten by a monster. That would be embarrassing." Evander said, looking around for a second. "What do you have in your med bag? I don't think I can hobble back to camp on my own...but, uh, don't tell anyone. I have a reputation to maintain."

Post by Guest 6/28/2015, 7:57 pm

the minute the boy asked for clara's help, her face lit up and a big smile spread across from cheek to cheek. this is where the demigod shone: helping others. she shoulders her pack off of her back and places it down on the forest floor. grabbing her field medical kit, the daughter of hermes then walks closer to the boy and takes a look at his leg. there wasn't any visible damage, but he was wearing boots, so she couldn't be sure. taking a quick look at his face, clara could tell that the guy was in pain. a slight frown appears on her face and she opens up the medical kit.

"sit down with your leg out and take off your boot," clara instructs the boy. from the medical kit she grabs a glass vial full of nectar, some gauze pads, and some kinesio-tape. clara knew what she was doing; she had taken many field-work classes and almost all of them had sections dedicated to taking care of wounded people. placing her gear on the ground, clara crouches down next to the guy, still waiting for him to take off his boot.

"my name is clara and i'll be your nurse today," the daughter of hermes says cheerfully. with her jet hair pushed back over her shoulders, showing off her sparkling licorice-black eyes and wide smile, clara was the epitome of kindness.
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 7/1/2015, 9:17 pm

Evander sat down, and looked at the girl, Clara, like she had just grown two heads. "Uh, Evander, Cabin 5. And if I take my boot off, my foot's going to swell enough I won't be able to get the boot back on." He said, but he started untying the boot. He was wearing his new boots from Ares, the detestable git, but the boots were pretty awesome.

He hissed, baring his teeth as he pulled the boot off, revealing a moderately sweaty sock that was typical for teenage boys, which was tight against the now swelling ankle. It hurt to even breathe on it, but he wasn't going to be a sissy about it. That was for, well, sissies. "Where, ahhh, where'd you learn to do first aid?"

Post by Guest 7/3/2015, 11:56 am

'well you're going to need to take it off for me to assess the damage, if any," clara replies to evander. ares, clara was right in her observations! making a slight face of disgust, clara pulls of evander's sock and takes a good look at his leg. nothing appeared to be broken, which was a very good sign. as good of a sign that was, the boy's ankle was already very swollen, which was not good at all. perhaps something was broken after all.

can you move your toes and ankle?" the daughter of hermes asks evander as she picks up he leg and props it up on her pack. "lie down," she instructs the son of ares. "oh, and from a youtube video i once watched a year or so ago," she adds on jokingly, answering his question. no matter what, the boy looked like he needed to have a splint made. hopefully clara had enough items in her medical kit to create one. with a soft exhale, the demigod gets to work, starting by wrapping the boy's ankle in gauze, stabilizing it at a ninety degree angle. then, the demigod takes her long sleeve shirt off, revealing a light blue tank-top, and starts to wrap it around his lower leg, helping to hold everything in place. thank god for tank-tops.

"how is that, evie? can you feel your toes?" clara asks the boy, already having come up with a nickname for him. that was how clara rolled.
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 7/5/2015, 12:45 am

The first-aid wasn't actually too bad, although Evander winced more than once and grimaced darkly as the splint was applied. His frown deepened when she referred to him as Evie. "My name is not Evie. It is Evander. Evander Phyrrus Ajax, Junior. Not Evie, not Evan, just Evander. And you should check capillary refill by pinching the toenail of the big toe and counting the seconds before the color returns. Over three seconds, and it's too tight."

Evander wasn't the smartest person at camp. In fact, given that he struggled with basic reading, he was actually pretty dumb. However, his mom had been a Corpsman who lived and breathed pre-field hospital and field hospital care. He had gotten more than enough lectures on first aid and teaching how to fix things. On other people. He had never tried on himself.

Post by Guest 7/5/2015, 11:04 am

clara frowns slightly when the boy gains a look of slight frustration after she calls him evie. "not much of the nickname type of person?" the girl asks him as she starts to check to make sure that she didn't cut any circulation to the boy's toes. the color in his toes quickly rushed back to normal, which meant that clara had done a good job of making a splint.

"how did you know that? did you take medical classes too?" the daughter of hermes asks evander as she packs up her supplies and sits down in front of him. she pokes through her bag before pulling out a water bottle, which she proceeds to hold out to the son of ares.

ooc; sucky post, sorry :/
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 7/10/2015, 2:53 pm

"My mom." He paused, looking away for a second. He hadn't really talked about his mom much to anyone since he had been here. A few off handed comments. Three years wasn't enough. "She was a Corpsman in the Navy. They get taught a lot of really cool stuff, paramedic level and sometimes past paramedic level. She would always make sure I knew basic first aid and stuff, teach me things when she and I were both home together."

Evander looked back and noticed the water, taking it. "Thanks. I'm normally not clumsy, but I guess my foot slipped on a rock."

Post by Guest 7/10/2015, 8:07 pm

clara beams at evander, loving the conversation that was going on. she was glad that he hadn't simply brushed her after she fixed him up. ]"that's really interesting! i take it that explains why you're a son of ares. military and him go hand-in-hand." while talking, the girl had pushed herself back up to her feet and placed her backpack back on her shoulders. "no problem! i love helping people out!" the demigod explains, her smile still going strong.

"i do have one question for you. is everything okay for you? i'm sorry if i sound intrusive, but your shout sounded a lot more out of frustration rather than pain," her voice grew tiny as she talked, instantly realizing that she had possibly just made a big mistake. this was a son of ares she was talking to. he most likely had a switch in his head that turned him from civil to furious and anything could set it off. hopefully he didn't have a switch, otherwise clara would be screwed.
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 7/13/2015, 12:33 am

Evander's lip pulled into a snarl for a second in irritation, but then he gave a somewhat defeated sigh and rubbed his face. "Women. I don't understand women. Or at least daughters of Mania. So, I'm dating this girl Alice, right? And I like really like her, and she's a sweet little innocent crazy thing that I just want to protect, and keep sweet and innocent. But, like, so, the prom. I don't know. I thought I had asked her. I thought I remembered asking her to the prom. Maybe it's the ADHD, it can play tricks with memory, executive function and some sort of jargon horse hockey."

"So, prom, I go to pick her up, and she's not there, she's done run off to prom with this kid from Mr. D's cabin, Arcas. So I go and I confront Arcas about being a girlfriend thieving sonuva...well, he's an arrogant jerk, and I kinda lost my temper, and I shouldn't have. I threw him through a table and flipped a few other tables over. And now Alice is mad at me, even though she went to prom with some guy, 'as friends', 'just in case', like, who really does that? Do people actually do that? I mean, isn't going steady fairly serious? I know everyone here was born out of wedlock, but for crying out loud, doesn't loyalty mean anything?"

Post by Guest 7/14/2015, 10:59 am

ooc; going to have her words be black because her current color isn't very readable.

bic; clara purses her lips and takes a few seconds to stare into his eyes. she could tell that he was confused and hurt, and takes it up mentally as her job to help him feel better. "you say that she is a daughter of mania? does she ever have like moments of bad memory or anything then? perhaps you really did ask her but she didn't remember that you did. and this arcas guy, was he like all over her and stuff, or was he just trying to be a nice guy? when people go to proms usually guys see lonely girls and try to make them feel better by dancing with them or whatever, right? maybe he was just trying to be nice.

"i've never been to a dance before, so i'm not sure if people go with people 'just in case' or whatever, but i do know that alice didn't mean to harm your feelings. and violence is never the answer, evander. perhaps things would've gone smoother if you'd kept calm and not thrown arcas into a table, which probably had to hurt really bad, looking at how jacked you are. i doubt that made anything better, in fact, it probably made alice even angrier at you, didn't it? did you try to apologize to her and arcas for creating a scene? that'd be a good idea, even if you don't think you're at fault. if you want her to be nice to you again, you should apologize anyways. have you ever heard of kill them with kindness? that tactic works wonders."
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 7/16/2015, 11:38 pm

Evander's lip curled up again as he listened to Clara talk about how violence wasn't the best option and maybe Arcas was being a nice guy. "I don't want to kill him at all. Can I just kind of maim him with kindness? Maiming sounds much better. And I don't care if Arcas was trying to be a nice guy, he shouldn't have done it, and he shouldn't have been a smug little b@stard. I am sorry I lost my temper, but he deserved to go through that table just for treating me like I'm stupid. I'm not stupid. I may be a son of Ares, but that doesn't mean I'm stupid. I'm not stupid." He said, folding his arms defensively. That was the part that had really made him lose his temper. Arcas being smug, like he was better than he was.

"And how could Alice just stand there and defend someone who's acting like that? I do everything for her. I fought off maniae for her. I, he was insulting me, and even after I threw him through a table he wouldn't freaking stop. I just wanted him to shut up. I'm not stupid, and she shouldn't hang out with someone who's going to judge people as stupid just because of their godly parent. He doesn't even know me. I'm not stupid."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/18/2024, 11:58 pm