A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

several things can go wrong

The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female
    Number of posts : 1172
    Registration date : 2013-08-31

several things can go wrong  Empty several things can go wrong

Post by The Seelie Queen 6/29/2015, 8:49 pm

The cigarette dangling from Elizabeth Sweeney's mouth drew some unkind looks from the campers playing basketball, but she ignored them, simply taking another drag whenever a dirty look was cast her way.
    Perhaps it was because her lungs shouldn't have been as good as she was at playing basketball that aroused the unnecessary glares. Was that... jealousy she sensed?
    She's been playing for about a half hour before deciding to take a break. The rotted bench seemed comfortable enough to lounge in for a bit; as soon as she got to the seat she pulled her legs up onto it and leaned back against the arm. She then dug through her short's pocket in search for the pink plastic lighter that she'd forced an Apollo kid to hand over.
    When she took the cigarette away from her mouth and blew out smoke, another camper gave her a dirty look, and she gave one right back.
    The solid blue shirt she wore was ill-fitting and baggy, so she bunched up the fabric around her waist and knotted it. The black shorts were tight and went mid-thigh, and her auburn hair was pulled back into a high-set ponytail.
    It wasn't long until she through down the cigarette, squashed it under her sneaker, and stood to play some more.
    Ryger17
    Ryger17
    Dedicated Member

Male
    Number of posts : 1363
    Registration date : 2013-01-15

several things can go wrong  Empty Re: several things can go wrong

Post by Ryger17 6/29/2015, 10:54 pm

Taylor had shown up late to the basketball courts. He had forgot that tonight was the night his group had the courts. It was a bit embarrassing for a basketball freak like him. By the time Taylor showed up a game was already in progress. He recognized the big group of Apollo kids and some of the other athletic campers. There was a girl he couldn't quite name, but she was holding her own. It looked like a fun game.

He took off his t-shirt and cargo shorts, striping down to his compression shorts. Some people might be embarrassed but as long as the goods were covered Taylor was fine. He pulled up and tied a neon green pair of basketball shorts on. He pulled out his cut-off camp shirt but was it was hot enough he decided to go shirtless. He quickly laced up his blue Nike's, then subbed in for the girl who apparently went on a smoke break.

Taylor played as he normally did, which was dominate. Being 6'5" and muscular, he owned the key. Taylor had a good jump shot for being a post man too. He played hard, as did everyone else and the game ended on a two-handed slam from Taylor.

Everyone walked to the side, joking and shoving each other into the bench. The unnamed girl reappeared in the group. Taylor greedily drank some Gatorade, then faced everyone. He felt exhilarated, "Everyone good for another game?"

Last edited by Ryger17 on 7/1/2015, 4:21 am; edited 1 time in total
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 6/29/2015, 11:59 pm

Elizabeth's blue eyes snapped to the guy who had just spoken to the rest of the group. He was tall and muscled, and had an aura to him that was just... Friendly. The guys closest to him snapped there heads when the first syllable fluttered out of his mouth. He was wearing tight shorts and Nike's.
    She'd been watching him from the bench; he was obviously a phenomenal player, and everyone seemed to respect him for it.
    "Sure," she said, and walked past him and onto the court.

After several minutes on the court, Elizabeth was about to jump and stop the ball from going in the her team's net, when a player's arm brushed against her own.
    She froze, her eyes going wide; the fear in the boy's mind was so intense, Liz's heart began to race. She didn't get a chance to see who the kid was, and didn't want to.
    As a daughter of Phobos, she could tell what a person's fears are. She didn't have to touch them; actually, she preferred not to touch them, because of incidents like that.
    After the game, when everyone took a break, Elizabeth returned to the rotted bench, and took out another cigarette.
    These things happened all the time, but the occurrences didn't make it any easier.
    Ryger17
    Ryger17
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Ryger17 6/30/2015, 1:17 am

Once again Taylor was in his zone. He loved being on the court. He ripped down rebound, threw down some more dunk, and swatted away some shots. The campers were pretty good at basketball but Taylor grew up playing in the streets of San Diego. The players there let him play when he was only 10. They didn't go easy so Taylor learned hard and fast. Compared to them, these campers were nothing. But still he got practice. Practice his leftie shots, ball handling, and style dunks.

The second game ended and everyone returned to their bags. The girl went and set on the rotten bench, which was a little ways away from everyone bags. She took out another cigarette. Everyone seemed to be avoiding her. Taylor though had the heart of a captain. He grabbed his second Gatorade and made his way to the bench. He sat down, ignoring the groaning it made.

"Good game out there." Try to start a conversation. Always Taylor's agenda. He offered her his Gatorade. "My apologies, I don't seem to remember your name. Mine's Taylor. You balled out."  
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 6/30/2015, 1:34 pm

Elizabeth's head jerked up when the guy - Taylor - sat beside her.
    "Yeah," she said, nodding, and smiled at him. "Oh, thank you," she said, surprised when he offered her the bottle. She took it gratefully and drank some, setting it onto the ground when she was done. She pulled her legs up to her chest and backed up against the arm of the bench and took another drag.
    "I'm Elizabeth," she said, and tilted her head. "How long you've been playin'?" she asked, nodding to the court. The other campers were still chatting loudly. "You're like a god out there."
    Ryger17
    Ryger17
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Ryger17 7/1/2015, 4:45 am

Taylor was multitasking. His mind was listening to Elizabeth while his body was adjusting his stupid ankle brace. Some one during the game had hit Taylor's shoe from a weird angle and moved the stupid brace. He wished he could just not need it but the doctor said he wouldn't be able to walk without it.

A push and a tug later, it was back to where it should be. Stupid thing.

Taylor laughed, "I wish I was that good. These sh!theads just suck." He said it loud enough so the rest could hear him. They laughed and said some rude things back. After all, what is a sport without any trash talk? "Thanks, but it's from years of practice. I've been playing since I was about 9." He stretched out his long legs. The bench whined. "You're pretty good. How come I haven't seen you ballin' before now?"
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 7/1/2015, 3:43 pm

Elizabeth watched curiously as Taylor adjusted the brace on his leg, and laughed when the other guys swore back.
    She picked up the Gatorade bottle from the ground and took another sip, before capping it and laying it on her lap. "I guess I don't play a lot," she said, watching the guys beat on each other. "Not exactly my sport." She felt the arm brace in her pocket.

After a moment, she nodded to the brace. "You 'kay?" She asked, adjusting the whip that swirled up the length of her forearm so it didn't bite into her skin.
    Ryger17
    Ryger17
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Ryger17 7/2/2015, 2:59 pm

"For not playing a lot, you got some skill." Taylor said. It was true she might not be the best shot here (he was), Taylor noticed her playing harder than almost everyone else out here. Even if she said it was not her sport.

"This dumb thing?" He rolled his ankle, the stupid brace being shown off against his white Nike Elites. "Yeah, I broke my ankle about five years ago. It didn't heal right, have to wear this brace otherwise I can't even walk." It wasn't a fun thing.
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 7/2/2015, 3:18 pm

Elizabeth raised an eyebrow, thinking about what it would be like if she couldn't walk. Her mother would never forgive her if she screwed up like that. "Jesus, man," she said, taking out her ponytail, letting the hair fall around her shouldes. "That sucks." She gathered her hair to one side and began braiding it; she didn't even like braids, but it was something to keep her hands busy. "So you're really into sports," she observed, tying off the completed braid with a loose knot. "Who's your God parent?" It's been a while sense she'd asked that question. She didn't want to ask, or care to ask, rather, who's peoples parents were. It wasn't her business, but for this particular boy, Taylor, she was curious. "Nike? Ares? Cratus?"
    Ryger17
    Ryger17
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Ryger17 7/3/2015, 12:32 am

"It's definitely a pain." Taylor agreed. "I also have heredity knee problems. I've basically decided I'm going to be a wheel chair by the time I'm 25." He laughed. Taylor jokes about his body's health all of the time. Having hereditary problems and playing a physical sport like basketball did not, strangely enough, do wonders for someone's body.

Of course Elizabeth would assume his godly parent would be one of the one that would be somewhat good at sports. Elizabeth wasn't the first to do it. Taylor had the build that the Nike, Ares, or Cratus had. Taylor shook his head. "Nope. I'm a son of Hecate. A kid of magic."
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 7/3/2015, 1:01 am

"Oh. I'm sorry," Elizabeth said, uncomfortably looking down at the Gatorade bottle in her lap. What else can you say to a guy who might not be able to do what he loves in a couple of years?
    But the uneasy discomfort was lifted when Taylor told Liz who his god parent was.
    "Hecate?" She asked, a smirk quirked on her red mouth. "Does that mean you cheat a lot on the court?"
    Ryger17
    Ryger17
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Ryger17 7/3/2015, 1:35 am

"It's a joke," Taylor said. That was the first time anyone had ever thought he was serious about the wheelchair gag. "I'll still be up and kicking by then. Well, as long as I wear this brace I'll be walking." That could be a lie too. Being a demigod is a pretty rough life. Taylor could be dead in 7 years. Happy thought.

He cracked a grin at her jibe, "Unfortunately my magic is pretty limited. But even if I could, I wouldn't. Cheating doesn't make the game fun." Taylor did not like cheaters. Players like that really pushed Taylor's buttons. "You're from cabin 25, right? There are a lot of different demigods that get stuck in there. I can't remember if I've ever known your godly parent." Taylor knew every face in camp, just not every name and backstory.

Last edited by Ryger17 on 7/3/2015, 2:01 am; edited 1 time in total
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 7/3/2015, 1:55 am

Elizabeth sighed, deeply annoyed by Taylor's joke. Someone making someone else feel bad for them kind of pissed her off, but she decided to ignore it.
    "But would you use it, if, let's say, the other team was cheating? And what can you do?" She asked, getting curious, but her train of thought was cut off when she looked out over the basketball court and saw smoke billowing up from the tree tops.
    Huh. Weird.
    Not her problem.
    "And yeah, twenty five," she said. "All sorts of people. And it's cool, man; barely anyone knows my godly parent." She took out another cigarette and lit it. "It's Phobos, by the way." Smirking, she discreetly looked at Taylor. She didn't know how'd he react to her god parent; it ever really went well. Pun not intended, but her dad usually scared off people.
    Ryger17
    Ryger17
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Ryger17 7/3/2015, 2:33 am

Taylor had played with cheaters and he had played against cheaters. They didn't make the game much fun and there wan't a lot you could do to stop them. That doesn't mean Taylor didn't try. The first fight he ever got into was against a kid who played dirty in order to win. The kid played for the same team as Taylor. Taylor caught him in the act and confronted him about. Things got violent pretty quick.

"I believe that the better team will win. I don't need to cheat. I never will." Taylor said bluntly. "There is not a lot I can do to stop it. I would talk to the cheater. But I'm no sneak." Issues between players were issues between players. No need to have unnecessary involvement from the coaches.

He got her cabin right at least. She lit up another cigarette and Taylor wrinkled his nose. He did not like the stale smell but said nothing. If Elizabeth wanted to, she could smoke. "Phobos, huh? God of fear. Didn't Percy Jackson beat him up once?" Taylor took a second and studied Elizabeth's face. "You don't look that scary to me." It was kind of hard to scare a kid Taylor's size.

That smoke though. It did worry him. But it was not, hopefully, his concern right now. There was a camp full of demigods who should be able to do something about it. Taylor put that away in his mind.
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 7/3/2015, 4:46 pm

Elizabeth had to respect Taylor's view on cheating. It was something she strongly disagreed with as well.
    Elizabeth smirked at Taylor's comment about Percy; it was one she'd heard time and time again by countless campers from all different cabins. Perhaps that was a reason why mists people didn't care for her or her half siblings; their father had a pathetic reputation against a someone everyone admired immensely. As much as it bothered her, she has to agree with them. On the opposite side of the spectrum, she'd probably act bigger than them, as well.
    "Yep," she said, casting her smirk at Taylor. "While everyone else's parents are as badass as they are rumored to be, mi wea beaten by a sixteen year old."
    At Taylor's last comment, Elizabeth frowned. "Really? That's a first."
    Ryger17
    Ryger17
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Ryger17 7/6/2015, 4:52 pm

"Well Phobos wasn't the only god to be beaten by Jackson either. Your grandpa also lost to him." Taylor joked. The gods seemed to have a losing record against Percy. Well, at least one godly family did. Now Taylor valued his life enough to only think that, not say it aloud. Some gods were very easily offended and won't even look before destroying the offender.

Taylor being the first person who seemed to not be afraid of Elizabeth came at a bit of a shock. Not to be rude, but she wasn't that scary. Taylor was about a foot taller than her and a whole lot bigger. She didn't seem to be threatening. She had some killer glares, Taylor would give her that. But it took more than that to scare him.

He shrugged, "I'm sure you have some crazy scare powers or some cool sh!t like that. But I grew up in a sketchy area, so it takes a lot to scare me." Though monsters do give him a little fright, you know, cause they want to kill him.
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 7/13/2015, 10:44 pm

Elizabeth smirked at Taylor's confidence; she was used to the doubt that people used against her. They would all learn eventfully; best not to waste energy on them.
    Taylor, however, was different. Elizabeth felt a surge of envy in her chest and wanted him - just like all of the other kids like him - to respect her, like the kids on the court respected him.
    Gently, she reached over, and lightly touched the inside of Taylor's knee. She held it for a couple of seconds, before taking her hand away; the skin where she'd touched him grew hot as power surged.
    Conjuring every bit of energy she had, because 1. She'd just played basketball and the adrenaline was already wearing off, leaving her feeling drowsy, and 2. damn, was this kid hard to read.
    With the tap of her finger, she pushed potent feelings of failure into Taylor; one of his fears. It was only a small amount of her power, and just a feeling, at that, no where near as strong as the visions she enjoyed sliding into people's minds, but it left her feeling winded, and sweat gathered at her brow.
    When she felt that feeling had worn from Taylor's mind, looked at him.
    Ryger17
    Ryger17
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Ryger17 7/15/2015, 2:10 am

Some of the other dudes had decided that they were done for today. They already packed up their bags and shouted some insults at Taylor. He turned away from Elizabeth and said some unfriendly things back. They waved him off, grinning as they left the courts. Taylor was grinning too, about to ask Elizabeth another question, when something made him forget it. He felt something burning on his knee.

He was about to ask Elizabeth about that, when he remembered his game. Everyone else would say he had a good game but he knew it was crap. Taylor knew he should of made that hook-shot, passed the ball that one time instead of driving, missing easy block. This was not the level of play he needed to play at to make a college team. He grabbed his head with both hands, then leaned forward. Why did he have to suck so bad?

Then those thoughts returned to the back of his mind. Taylor raised his head out of his hands. What was that? Yeah he had those thoughts, but he knew his game was plenty good enough. He turned to find Elizabeth looking up at him, as if she was expecting something. Taylor looked back at her in confusion, "Did you have something to with that strange feeling I just had?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 3/29/2024, 12:57 am