A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Going through a typical day.

Damon DeUmbras
    Damon DeUmbras

Male
    Number of posts : 19
    Registration date : 2015-06-29

Going through a typical day. Empty Going through a typical day.

Post by Damon DeUmbras 7/3/2015, 8:42 pm

Galen Hofman - Son of Aceso
    Going through a typical day. Anime-boy-cool-hoodie-manga-Favim.com-410734_large

The sun was slowly climbing through the sky as Galen reached the Infirmary. The first thing he did was to relieve the night duty guy and get updated about anything important. The Apollo kid thanked him, and reported nothing important before walking off. Galen was not surprised when Tink flew into the infirmary after him. After six years she knew the routine as well as he did. He started to check on the three or four people who were either asleep or entertaining themselves as they lay in bed. Checking on patients was a very simple task for Galen, he had long ago learned that just by touching someone he could get a general sense of their well being. The first guy was an Ares kid who unfortunately got into a wrestling match with one of his cabin mates, and was the victim of a leg lock that went a bit to far. Two of the other were some Hermes campers, a guy and a girl, that landed themselves here when they tried to dye a Pegasus's feathers blue. The last was a Hephaestus guy, who's invention didn't quite act right. Three were asleep, the Hermes girl was awake.

Because the girl was awake Galen went to the others first. He just touched their arm, or forehead which ever was easier. Once he knew they were fine he grabbed a chair, and set it next to the girl's bed and asked "So, how are you feeling this morning?" with a smile. She replied with, "What no magic touch for me?" as she smiled sweetly in return. Galen let out a chuckle, "I only use that if their asleep, since it's better for them to rest. However, because your awake we can talk." She told him that her side still ached and it kinda hurt when she breathed to deep. He asked he to lift her shirt so he could see where the Pegasus kicked her. The bruise was fading, but he still decided to pull out an earthen jar, a square of gauze, and a roll of medical tape. He spread the poultice over the bruise and taped the gauze to hold it there. Then went to sit in the corner and read until he was needed.
    Sammy
    Sammy

Female
    Number of posts : 915
    Registration date : 2014-05-12

Going through a typical day. Empty Re: Going through a typical day.

Post by Sammy 7/4/2015, 1:10 am

Going through a typical day. Tumblr_inline_mkgt2189cp1qz4rgp

Ferro was absolutely covered in flour. From the tips of her light blonde hair to the toes of her well-worn boots, the light white dust covered her in a layer of powder. Of course, Ferro had robbed most of it off, and washed her face and legs, but her clothes, hair, and shoes still had a light film. Yes, that's right. The sun was just rising, and Ferro was already covered in something.

She didn't really care, though. She'd worn an old tee and a pair of shorts anyway, nothing she couldn't wash and throw out if need be. Despite the mess and her earlier fall, which had left her with a slight pain in her ankle and her current powder apparel, she was happy and carefree. She loved baking, even if her cookies never turned out perfectly round or crispy. And she especially loved baking for the infirmary kids. She hardly ever stayed around very long, but on the rare occasion that she did, they always had some interesting stories to tell about how they got their injuries.

As she walked up to the entrance of the small, hall-like area, spotting a guy who looked a small bit younger than her reading in the corner. She'd seen him before, multiple times, but had never exchanged many words with him. She couldn't seem to place his name, though, which must've meant he hadn't introduced himself yet.

"Hello!" She spoke, smiling joyously and lifting up the platter of cookies. "Hope I'm not interrupting. I brought some treats for your patients, again. You wouldn't mind if I passed them out, would you?"
    Damon DeUmbras
    Damon DeUmbras

Male

Post by Damon DeUmbras 7/4/2015, 1:56 am

Galen looked up when a cheerful voice called "Hello!" from near the entrance of the room. He say a small girl, who was about his height, though he had trouble placing her age. He noticed two things immediately: One, she was totally covered in flour and two, she had a tray of cookies. She politely asked if he would let her pass them out. Galen smiled, he couldn't help it. "You're not interrupting anything." He said closing his book. And before he could say anything else the male Hermes kid was apparently woken up by there smell. "Do I smell cookies?" and his sister immediately informed him that I was about to decide if they could have any. "I no reason to stop you. Besides if I say no at this point I have to listen to him complain all day." He said with a mask of absolute calm. And it was true, there was no reason to stop her from giving the cookies, and a reason to allow it. Her positive attitude was infectious, and a good attitude actually helped the body heal quicker. Plus the Hermes kids really would whine and complain if he said no, and he didn't feel like putting up with that.

Since he had answered her question, Galen re-opened his book and was going to continue reading. After all he knew this routine, he had seen it happen a few times. She'd pass out her cookies, then go about her business. There was nearly no reason for him to get involved. But something happened that was different. Tink. She flew across the room and landed on the girl's shoulder. This was different because Tink didn't let many people touch her, it usually took a great deal of time for her to trust you. "Well, that's rare." Galen said more to himself.
    Sammy
    Sammy

Female

Post by Sammy 7/4/2015, 3:12 am

Ferro smiled, her grin spreading across her face, before rushing inside to start her share-fest of sweets. She reached the bedside of the two Hermes kids, giving them each two of the cookies and a happy wave. They smiled back at her, one of them looking a bit tired, and there expressions turned to amused awe as Ferro felt a light weight on her shoulder.

She turned to find a small feathered friend on her shoulder. It was very colorful, and seemed to be a parrot of some sort. Ferro reached up to touch it, and the bird let her pet it's head, brushing it's feathers lightly, before it flew away and back to the boy sitting in the corner.

"What's it's name?" She asked, throwing a small glance over her shoulder before continuing on with her cookie distribution. "I have a Nanday back at my cabin." She added as a second thought, placing two cookies on the table beside another one of the patients--a Hephaestus kid--and wrapping it neatly in a napkin.
    Damon DeUmbras
    Damon DeUmbras

Male

Post by Damon DeUmbras 7/4/2015, 11:44 am

Galen lightly scratched the bird's belly when she landed near him. "Her name is Tink, 'cause she loved the sound of her cage's bell." Galen said in response to her question. He then closed the book again and stood before walking to the girl. "And now that I think about it, we haven't been formally introduced. My name is Galen Hofman." As he spoke he raised his hand and held it out for her.

Out of nowhere on of the Hermes kids said/mumbled "Mhef Femimo!" around his cookie. Galen glanced at the Hermes guy then in an instant there was a flash of motion and he made a sound that was more surprise than pain. "I'm not exactly sure how things are done in Cabin Eleven, but here you act with manners, and that includes not blurting things out when you have food in your mouth." Galen scolded, his emerald eyes drilling his point home until the guy mumbled "Mowwie." and his half-sister giggled at him.

What happened during that flash of motion was with his other hand Galen had reached into the pocket of his hunter green lab coat, removed a ball point pen, and with a flick of his wrist and fingers sent it spinning at the Hermes guy. It was a fluid motion born of years of practice. "My apologies about that." He said when he turned to the girl who was delivering cookies, and who's name seemed to be something sounding like "Femimo".
    Sammy
    Sammy

Female

Post by Sammy 7/4/2015, 4:05 pm

"That's a beautiful name. Mine's named Phoenix, though I usually just call him Nix. I'll have to bring him by next time."

Ferro placed the last bundle of cookies down, before turning to find the guy standing behind her. She beamed, taking his hand and giving it a quick few shakes. "Ferro Red. Pleased to meet you," She smiled, Before offering him one of the two remaining cookies and taking one for herself.

"No, no, its fine. My own cabinmates aren't really known for their manners. You get used to it after a while." She dismissed, a bit of her french accent biting her words. "Hello, Devyn! And you too, Celia!" She tossed over her shoulder, giving another wave, which they returned happily.

She'd been a bit worried as he sent the pen flying across the room. Ferro didn't really like violence, after all. But when she saw that the kid was okay, she let it go.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 3/28/2024, 9:33 am