A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Cat Burgular

Fire Bird
    Fire Bird

Female
    Number of posts : 59
    Registration date : 2015-06-13

Cat Burgular Empty Cat Burgular

Post by Fire Bird 7/6/2015, 2:34 am

Raven Toronto was angry at her cat.

It was a strange thing to think, she knew. After all, Sabrina was just a kitten, not even one years old. And, yes, maybe her irritating behavior was due to her young age, but that didn't stop her from being enraged. Sabrina had woken her up at the usual time, six a.m., by meowing so loudly Raven always thought she was in pain. Raven had given her attention for a while, then went back to the Demeter Cabin to take a nap because Raven was the type of person who never got enough sleep. She normally never did this, but the cat had decided to wake her up AGAIN, that time by scratching her. She woke to find her favorite book, The Lion, The Witch, And The Wardrobe in tatters. That was the last straw.

It was a gift from her father, James, whom she missed dearly. And that was the only thing she had to remember him, and the cat had scratched all over it.

"SABBY! YOU BLOODY STUPID FELINE!" She yelled and yelled and yelled and yelled some more. She didn’t care that her throat was starting to hurt- let it hurt. As she fumed, she walked, Sabrina following her. She did so much fuming that she somehow ended up at the lake.

She sat down and started to read a different book. To calm her down, and to also show Sabrina how angry she was. The playful kitten hated being ignored. Raven pay no attention to Sabrina's big green eyes piercing into her as she read the book.

Soon, she forgot about the kitten entirely as she became engrossed in her book. She stopped when an auburn curl fell out of her braid and into her eyes. With a slightly irritated grunt, she looked around- only to discover that Sabrina was gone. The cat came back, holding something between her teeth. Sabrina mewed, butting her head against Raven's legs, and dropped it at her feet.

Now, Raven wasn't sure what it was- probably because she wasn't really paying attention to it. All she could think was it definitely wasn't hers, therefore, it was stolen. People were going to think Raven did it! She couldn't get in trouble- it was absolutely positively out of the question.

She hopped to her feet, scooping tiny Sabrina up, holding her up so they were nose to nose. "What is wrong with you?" She breathed in her Australian accent. "Stealing, thievery, snatching, looting, swiping, nabbing- whatever you want to call it, is illegal! It's wrong! Even when kittens do it!!"

Sabrina did not seem to be understanding, so Raven put her down, looking disapproving. What was she going to do? She couldn't handle a life of crime! Sure, she could get in a fight or two, but a life of crime?! No! She knelt, hazel eyes darting from person to person. "Don't suppose you know who this belongs to, do you?" She whispered to Sabrina. Whoever it belonged to was surely looking around for it, and they could undoubtedly come looking for them.
    myawfod
    myawfod

Female
    Number of posts : 86
    Registration date : 2015-08-12

Cat Burgular Empty Re: Cat Burgular

Post by myawfod 8/26/2015, 2:59 am

Lilitu Siavash was in bed. Still. At ten in the morning. That was, until, a little kitten came in, playing with her hair a bit (she was still asleep at this point) and then stealing her hairbrush, scampering out of the cabin swiftly. She woke up minutes later to the sounds of silence, and readied herself for the day, donning her ripped black tee, black jeggings and her black leather jacket, re-doing her nails and putting on her knee-high leather boots, brushing her teeth and putting her makeup on. She went to brush her hair, but of course, couldn't find the brush. She looked in her set of drawers, under in and around her bed, and other's bed, finding a few things she did NOT want to see, even checking on the roof and around the outside, in case, for whatever reason, someone decided to chuck it out the window. She was getting annoyed now. Sure, she normally hated her brush, sure, it was a torturous morning routine, but without it she'd have to go around looking like she had just been dragged through a bush backwards, which is not a desirable look. She checked in with the Hermes cabin, lost property, stables, lake, again in her cabin, but to no avail. She started looking in the dining hall, around the camp grounds, coming up with nothing. Feeling exhausted, she visited the beach, spying a girl kneeling before a kitten. And then the key detail caught her eye, her hairbrush. The daughter of Euphrosyne jogged along the beach, coming to a walk a few metres from Raven and Sabrina, panting quite mildly.
    "M-my h-hair... hairbrush." she said, putting her hands on her knees and holding up a finger.
    Fire Bird
    Fire Bird

Female

Post by Fire Bird 8/27/2015, 4:00 am

Raven was still ranting and Sabrina was definitely not listening. The kitten was purring lightly, licking her paw. So Raven, glaring at the tiny thing, stopped lecturing her to figure out more synonyms to stealing. And, that was when she heard someone claiming the hairbrush. "Go on, Sabs," she murmured, "Give her back her hairbrush."

Sabrina promptly picked in up between her teeth and sat on Raven's feet.

Big hazel eyes looked down furiously at the kitten. Her flats had a kitten on them, which Raven was not happy about. She pushed back her auburn curls and scowled. The rest of Raven's attire included a ruffled black skirt, light orange tights, and a peach colored sleeveless shirt with a red hear on the middle.

But that didn't matter. All that mattered to her right now was her shoes, which had Sabrina on it. THe cat had the pure audacity to sit on her feet when she told her to do something!

Cats. She knew she should have gotten a dog!

Raven hunched over and took the other side of the brush. She gave a little tug, not wanting to injure Sabrina's tiny teeth, but, to her great surprise, the cat actually had a much stronger grip than she expected. She pulled some more, and apologized, "I'm sorry, but my cat appears to be a daughter of Hermes." Sabrina growled, tugging hard. "And maybe Ares."
    myawfod
    myawfod

Female

Post by myawfod 8/28/2015, 8:15 am

Lilitu slwoly caught her breath back, standing upright to witness the girl scolding her cat, who was sitting on her feet. It was quite adorable to watch, actually, but Lilitu stiffly restrained her smile and laugh, then witnessing the tug-of-war between the two, with her hairbush. 'Another great day in the life of Lilitu Siavash!' she thought, a small smile creeping onto her pale features. She covered her mouth with her hand, the other hand still dangling until the other one joined it, tugging at her leather jacket sleeves, white aztec tee showing underneath, black jeans getting a little sandy, black knee-high boots full of sand. She was very tempted to remove her feet, but she'd wait until she went back to the cabin, she decided. Lilitu was just experiencing stubbornness for the first time (from a cat) and found it amusing. Simply a dignified creature.
    "Don't worry, my rat is most definitely Hypnos' child." she said, patting her pocket lump. "I'm Lilitu by the way, daughter of Euphrosyne, one of the Charites."
    Fire Bird
    Fire Bird

Female

Post by Fire Bird 8/28/2015, 6:42 pm

Sometimes Raven wondered how different types of animal's mind worked. She had always assumed they picked up on their owners actions and acted accordingly, but she was beginning to think differently. After all, Sabrina had shown on many occasions that that she had a mind of her own, like now. Sabrina had a completely -rather annoying- personality. In fact, it seemed as if she never listened to a word she said. Did Sabrina think? Did she dream? Could she communicate with other animals?

"Rats are cool. Your's might be kind of like Ron Weasley's rat from Harry Potter. Except, I'm sure it isn't secretly a man." Grunting with effort, she pulled again, but Sabrina wasn't letting go any time soon. "I'm Raven, daughter of Demeter. I'm sorry, but I haven't heard of the Charites or Euphrosyne."
    myawfod
    myawfod

Female

Post by myawfod 8/28/2015, 11:02 pm

Lilitu watched in amusement as the cat held on to the black piece of equipment, small teeth and dogged - well, catted -determination keeping the kitten going. She couldn't do that, unless a life was on the line, but she'd give in for fear of being hated.

"Yeah, she's right here." she says, digging into her pocket and pulling out a ball of white fur, a few seconds later a nose and head peeking out of the ball of fluff, yawning sleepily. "That's be weird, wouldn't it? This is Nisha by the way. That's okay, not many have, they're the goddesses of joy, mirth, feasting and stuff."
    Fire Bird
    Fire Bird

Female

Post by Fire Bird 8/30/2015, 1:55 am

Sometimes Raven wondered if the only purpose Sabrina had in life was to annoy her, eat, and sleep. She had to admit it, though, she admired the way Sabrina was holding on as if it was her lifeline. The cat had sheer determination to get things her way, and she supposed that was the only way they were alike. But, try as hard as she might, for Raven had too much dignity to lose to a cat.

A small smile spread out on Raven's face. "Aww, she's so cute." Raven had a soft spot for most animals, including ones others might not find so attractive. She remembered when their Brooklyn apartment got infested with rats she had asked Victoria if she could keep one. The woman nearly had a heart attack. She frowned, thinking. "I suppose that is kind of creepy. Never thought of it that way while I was reading the book." She tugged harder. "If the Charites are goddesses of joy, mirth, and feasting, which one is Euphrosyne?"

"I've had enough," she declared. "Give it up, Sabrina." In responce, the kitten, the brush still stubbornly between her teeth, padded over to Lilitu and curled up in a ball beside her feet. Raven smacked her forehead. This was so embarrassing.
    myawfod
    myawfod

Female

Post by myawfod 8/30/2015, 5:32 am

That was one stubborn kitten, she reasoned, stroking the white rat absentmindedly. She also wondered about what made the cat hold on, which lead to Raven, which led to general musings of human wills and instincts. She brought herself back seconds later, shaking her head slightly.

"I know! Yeah, just-" she shuddered, then laughed lightly, still slightly amused by the situation. A girl and her kitten fighting over some random's hairbrush, also getting to know each other. Weird, but nothing was normal for her any more.
    "Euphrosyne is joy and mirth, and I can send out happy vibes, though it drains, and I guess I got some powers from her sisters because I can multiply bunches of food. What're your powers? Also, I send out happy vibes when I'm really happy. It's cool though."

She smiled, failing at her attempt of stifling it as the kitten curled up by her feet. She winced at the smack of Raven's hand against her forehead, but bent down, telling her pet to go under her collar, just in case. She then grabbed the handle f the brush, and gave a soft tug. "Ta,"
    Fire Bird
    Fire Bird

Female

Post by Fire Bird 8/30/2015, 10:15 am

Raven smiled lightly, then gritted her teeth because her back was beginning to hurt. At this rate, she's have to have surgery on it before her fifteenth birthday. Lilitu's power of sending out happy vibes seemed much more useful in battle than her own. After all, weren't most battles lost because people's morale was low? "It is cool," she agreed. "'Cause my mom is Demeter, goddess of the harvest and plants -that type of stuff- I can make plants grow and vines move and grow, y'know, do something like grab onto someone's foot."

Raven watched in astonishment as Lilitu gave the brush a small tug, and Sabrina let go right away, inching closer to her feet. "Wow!" It was amazing! No, it was impossible! No amount of coaxing could get Sabrina away from something she wanted, she knew that for sure. Raven thought about it for a moment, then gasped. "That's great, but you might want to be careful. I think she saw your rat or smelled it or something and thinks if she gives you the brush, you'll give her the rat."
    myawfod
    myawfod

Female

Post by myawfod 9/1/2015, 2:41 am

She winced at Ravens clear pain, and gave her a look. "You okay?" she asked, concern filling her dark-brown gaze. on the contrary, she really didn't like her powers. Sure, her abilities were cool, but powers, like, really? She could make, no, multiply food and happy, but nothing of real use. It was rather annoying.
    "Hey, that's pretty cool. That is actually handy."

Her mouth opened as she received her brush back, and instantly stored it in her pocket, smiling as she stood up straight. When she heard what the daughter of Demeter said, she put a hand over her pocket protectively. "Thanks for that. A pleasure meeting you.
    Fire Bird
    Fire Bird

Female

Post by Fire Bird 9/1/2015, 9:33 am

Raven smiled, shaking her head against the pain. It was the Austalian way, her father had taught her, not complaining about such minor things. This probably wasn't as bad as the time her father got that massive spider (or was it a snake?) bite. "Oh, it's all right, I'm cool... mostly." She nodded. "Thanks. But, really, it gets kinda hard sometimes..."

She smiled. "It's a pleasure meeting you, too." She walked over to the kitten, wincing as she bent down. Sabrina, mewing in protest, was picked up by Raven. She held out her other hand for a shake. "Sabrina- and I- are really sorry about taking your brush."
    myawfod
    myawfod

Female

Post by myawfod 9/1/2015, 9:32 pm

(OOC: Are you Aussie?)
    Lilitu shrugged, but put her hand on her shoulder. "If you're sure, but if it gets worse I know a daughter of Asclepius who'd be happy to help. Yeah, I think all powers have ups and downs." she said, shrugging herself and blowing a stray strand of pitch-black hair out of her face, half-smiling.

She nodded in response, and faced Raven once more. Chuckling at the kitten's antics, she stuck out her hand and shook, dipping her head. "That's okay, I can see that Sabrina has an adventurous streak. Enjoy you day!" she said, letting go and strolling away, brushing her hair as she went.
    Fire Bird
    Fire Bird

Female

Post by Fire Bird 9/2/2015, 4:39 am

(OOC: Yeah, Raven is)

Asclepius. It was funny. Though she tried not to say it out loud, Raven believed she had an expansive array of knowledge, and she was proved, more than once, that she knew little to nothing. From what she said, Raven could guess that she was the goddess of healing or medicine or something among those lines. "That's good," she said, "And they all do, I think."

She grinned. "You too!" Raven gave a salute- a strange habit she had picked up from her aunt Victoria, and spun on her heel, casually scrolling away. On afterthought, she picked up her book and wondered off- where, she wasn't sure. Somewhere, and Sabrina would definitely be dropped of, well... somewhere.
    myawfod
    myawfod

Female

Post by myawfod 9/2/2015, 7:59 pm

(OOC: Well, I'm an Aussie too! :D

Lock?)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content