A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Hey, again.

Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male
    Number of posts : 4470
    Registration date : 2014-11-16

Hey, again. Empty Hey, again.

Post by Green 7/13/2015, 12:34 am

I sat crisscrossed on the top of the hill, playing with the grass as I waited for Dino to show up. We hadn't spoken for couple of months so it was going to be interesting catching up with him. It would be a little awkward now that I found someone else especially sense the reason we broke up was because I was too scared to come out at camp. Which now wasn't worth it. Anywho, there was so much that had transpired since Ma. Me being promoted to Lieutenant of the fourth cabin, dating Kane, and so much more in between.

My outfit consisted of khaki shorts and a green shirt. No need to look fancy.
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Experienced Member

Female
    Number of posts : 5513
    Registration date : 2011-11-10

Hey, again. Empty Re: Hey, again.

Post by Edgar Allan Poe 7/13/2015, 11:49 am

Dino walked up the hill, not sure if he would find anyone in top of it. But there it was - a familiar silhouette under the sun. He was still asking himself why he had agreed to meet Alex again, after months of awkward distance. Why not? He did not think he kept any grudge or was still hurt because of the way how their relationship suddenly ended, but something might change when they see each other again. Dino had overcome so many worse things in his life, that break up shouldn't be that hard. He would just act as an old friend, that's what they were after all. He wanted to tell him about how his life changed for better in those few months, but the truth was that nothing memorable had happened. He had to go to that place anyway because his little sister was coming back for summer in that same day, and he would meet her in there in a few hours.

He finally reached the spot where Alex was sitting. "Hey. It's been a long time." It was everything he managed to say. He didn't know if he should shake hands, high five, sit by his side or just stand in there. So he waited until Alex showed to have noticed his shy presence.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 7/13/2015, 1:48 pm

My heart dropped when I heard his voice again. That voice that I hadn't heard in nearly eight weeks. I turned around to face him, standing up. "Too long." I laughed a bit out of nervous habit. Now what do I do? Handshake? No, that was too formal so I decided to give him a slight hug, hoping that he would return it. I wanted to linger, but knew that wouldn't a good idea for either of us so I decided just to let go and take a small step back. "H-how are things, D?" I asked, using the nickname that I gave him. Today was going to be a bit awkward, but that was okay. I can handle awkward.
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Edgar Allan Poe 7/13/2015, 2:50 pm

Dino hugged back and almost made a face when he heard that silly nickname. No one else in the universe could call him like that. Not that he minded, he just wasn't expecting to ever be called "D" again. Alex also seemed to be awkward with all that, and that comforted him a little. Now he asked himself, why did we have to spend so much time away? But he would never say that aloud. "Very plain, to be honest. How about you?" He asked, sounding a bit too cold, or at least, it was what it seemed for him. He decided to sit back on the warm grass, resting his head on his hands as if he didn't plan to leave that comfortable place so early. He was sort of tired after training his powers.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 7/13/2015, 3:09 pm

I was glad that he hugged back. "Plain? That's no fun." I tried a little humor to try and lighten the mood a bit before sitting down an inch away from him. "And for me..."I took in a deep breath, crossing my legs and placing my hands in the center of them. The grass gave him more comfort which was probably the Demeter in me. "Well, I got promoted to lieutenant for the Demeter cabin, I made a couple of new friends, and I have a...boyfriend. His name is Kane Connor, son of Dionysus." I balled my lips up, my heart started to race, and blood flowed to my cheeks. It seemed like saying that made it more real. Gulping, I continued. I've been practicing my powers more. Actually when I was doing it with Morgan, your half-sister Morgan, I created a wheat giant." I nodded my head slowly, hugging my knees to my chest.
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Edgar Allan Poe 7/13/2015, 8:09 pm

Dino smirked. "That's great." He was really happy for Alex, more than he could even express, and he hoped that those words were true, that at least one of them was really moving on. He could talk about a short romance that he had with a girl from the Apollo cabin, but it was only a bad memory, not worth mentioning, not even to continue that conversation. Dino could still tell whenever Alex was getting nervous, and it was always kind of cute. Although he couldn't understand why. Maybe Alex was afraid to upset his ex with his words. Of course that wouldn't happen, Dino wasn't that imature. At least he tried not to be. "You should keep training, no matter how hard it seems to be. I always knew you had potential. And... How is it like to be the lieutenant?" He asked, although he wasn't really curious about it. He never made any effort to win a title like that, even though he knew he was experienced enough to be named as something. He didn't want to be the center of attention. Being a head or a lieutenant means that people expect things from you. And he was always afraid to disappoint everyone.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 7/13/2015, 8:36 pm

I nodded my head in agreement, staring down at the grass, causing it to grow some. It was another nervous habit of mine, growing things. "Yeah, I guess it is. We don't really hang out that much and we don't have as much as I did with you. He smokes weed which I don't, but it works." I looked back up at my ex, giving him a weary smile. I was actually glad that he changed the subject. More blush came to my cheeks when he told me that he always knew that I had 'potential'. If anyone knew that, it would be him. I remember a day when we spent around three hours practicing our abilities and powers together. After that the a whole knew definition for 'tired' was created. "Thanks bab- I, uh. Dino. Sorry." I gave myself a mental slap in the face. It was a force of habit. I habit that was formed over a eight month period.

"Being Lieutenant has his slight perks, nothing major or something like that." I answered, swallowing hard. "Uh, what about you, D? Have you been able to move people with your mind yet?" I asked, wanting to know more about him.
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Edgar Allan Poe 7/14/2015, 6:18 pm

Dino nodded, thoughtful. He really disliked people who smoke weed and that wasn't a secret. Now he had a perfectly plausible reason to never want to meet Alex's new boyfriend. He tried not to smile again as he noticed that Alex was growing more nervous. It wasn't him intention to make anyone nervous, but he couldn't deny that was kind of adorable. He thought it was best to pretend not to have heard that single and strong word, "babe". He knew it how it was a hard habit to break. "I tried for a while, but the best I could do was to make people stumble over their own feet. So I decided to give up." He said, giggling a bit over his own misfortune. Half a second later, he went serious again, and stared at Alex for a while, remembering, before he realized what he was doing. Now he was blushing as well. Why did he always have to be so distracted?
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 7/14/2015, 6:40 pm

"Well at least it's something right?" I laughed a bit before looking over at Dino. There was that giggle that I loved so much. That I still do. I glanced down at the grass, then back up; that's when I noticed Dino staring at me with those eyes. I wanted to lean in and kiss him, but that would be wrong on so many levels. Wrong because it would be cheating and Kane didn't deserve that. Wrong because it would mix up feels for the both of them. I took in a deep breath before exhaling sharply. "I'll never forgive myself for letting you go." I kept my eyes on the ground, afraid to look up again. "I was too scared to show you any type of affection in public. Too afraid to kiss your cheek o-or hug you from behind. I kept us in the dark. That wasn't right." I fought back tears before I finally looked up at him. "You made me happy, Dino." I laughed a bit as a tear ran down by cheek.
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Edgar Allan Poe 7/15/2015, 10:25 am

Dino was growing terrified while he tried to figure out what to do. He should have noticed that Alex had been acting like a bomb about to explode. Now he was watching him break down in front of him, and his hands seemed to be tied. He was never good on comforting people, specially when the reason of the drama involved him. The worst part was that, deep inside, he knew what to do, but that would be very wrong. He wondered where he had found so much self control. But he felt like he was starting to losing it. To watch Alex crying because of him was more than he could handle. Without hesitation, he took his hand and squeezed it gently, trying to convey him some strenght or tranquility - although he knew that he didn't have any of these, not anymore. "It's ok. I swear. It's ok." It was ok. Maybe it wasn't in the moment when they broke up, but it wasn't hard for Dino to understand why Alex had done all that. He didn't go through the same problem, mainly because he never cared about what people thought of him, and his personal life was never anyone's business, but still, he understood it perfectly, although it seemed like a stupid reason to suddenly end everything they used to have. The problem was that, some things didn't end. They had some unfinished talks and all that distance wouldn't solve anything. Dino knew that holding his hand wouldn't be enough, so he leaned and held him tenderly as he hadn't done in a long time. "Alex, you know I will never really leave you. I'm still here for you. And I may have made you happy, but I'm not stupid enough to let you down again." He whispered, and now his own eyes were blurred by the tears.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 7/15/2015, 1:08 pm

At the first, the squeezing of my hand was making me a bit feel better. My intentions were never to tear up be so vulnerable with Dino. Just to catch up and see his face again. That's all. I hated myself about being so sensitive to everything. Why I couldn't I just be close up and introverted like others were at camp? I guess that's just who I am. I felt Dino's arms wrap around me, feeling his torso was more. It had been a long time since I've done that. "You didn't let me down the first time." I whispered, still there in his arms. "I should've never let you go, Dino." I wiped his tears away before giving him a comforting smile. "Are you in the mood for ice cream?"
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Edgar Allan Poe 7/15/2015, 9:48 pm

After at least one full minute, Dino moved away from his arms, and all he could think about was how it still felt almost the same. Almost, because he felt a twinge of guilt just for having enjoyed that. He gave him one more understanding look. "It's ok", he repeated, "When you say you let me go, it sounds as if you had left me to die. We both survived." He couldn't deny that sometimes he acted exactly like Alex just did. Perhaps that sensitivity that both of them had was one of the things that made them fall for each other. Dino looked away, shaking the thought off his mind. "People don't cry because they're weak. They cry because they have been strong for too long. Remember that. And yes, you know I always want ice cream." He replied, already standing up.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 7/15/2015, 9:58 pm

"Well is it safe to say that I felt like it? I mean, we had a good thing going y'know?" I was a bit sad that Dino removed his arms from me, but knew it was right. I turned my head to look back at him and listened to his words. He was right again, crying didn't mean that you were weak. That gave me some more reassurance. After a few more minutes, I stood up, stretching my arms and hands. "How did you get so smart?" I asked in a slightly joking manner, reaching out my hand just in case he needed it.
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Edgar Allan Poe 7/16/2015, 5:08 pm

Dino pursed his lips, feeling embarassed for no reason in particular. "Well... Good things end." He was back to his awkward and speechless self. What exactly was that? He would still bitterly regret it, even though it felt so right. And it seemed like the Spirit of Delphi had suddenly possessed him and made him say all those random comforting words. He was just quoting Johnny Depp, but Alex didn't have to know that. "I wish I could use this smartness when I actually need it." He muttered, and held his hand, not really because he needed help to stand up.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 7/16/2015, 5:33 pm

Dino was right. Good things did end. "You saying that reminds me of that song, End of All Things by Panic! At the Disco." I smiled warmly as he helped his ex up off the ground. This was turning out to be a very interesting meeting that took a touching turn. Our hands continued to be connected even after I helped him up. "Oh shut up." I rolled my eyes playfully. "I'm sure you use that brain of yours all the time."
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Edgar Allan Poe 7/16/2015, 5:47 pm

"Love is like a fenix..." He started, but never finished because that wasn't a good moment to play the poet. Soon Dino would end up talking to himself, trying to comfort himself, and heaven knew he was terrible on that. He tried not to melt to that warm smile, but at the same time it would be extremely rude to let go of his hand. No, he definately couldn't always use his brain. The best he could do was to mix his feelings and thoughts in a crazy tangle. "I like that song. Have you listened to their last album? It was pretty awesome." And the subject was changed.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 7/16/2015, 6:00 pm

I smiled and slowly let go of his hand when they started to make their way down the hill of Camp. "It reminds me of how we used to be...and currently are because, y'know, many things will change, but the way I feel will remain the same." I sang the line of the song. That may have been the wrong to do because I leaned in and nudged his shoulder. "And I have actually. Hallelujah, right?" I asked with a raised eyebrow. "I didn't know that there was a whole album."
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Edgar Allan Poe 7/19/2015, 6:21 pm

"Yeah, there is. It's called Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die. The song titles are less long than usual but I liked it anyway." Dino replied, and then he kept talking about his favorites tracks and why he liked them. That subject was like a saving board he could grab. He really enjoyed talking to Alex, as long as it was a nice, superficial conversation, nothing that could open anyone's wounds. After a while, he stopped, afraid that he was growing annoying. He kept walking along with Alex, barely paying attention on where they were going. For some reason, he felt like staring at his ex, just to keep a mental picture of him. He didn't know how long the next distance would last. He wasn't sure why, but he knew it would be weird if they saw each other very often. It didn't take long until he broke the silence. "Are we going to that same place we used to?" It was an innocent question.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 7/19/2015, 9:21 pm

I compared the songs that I liked with his. "Yeah, that's true." We had some agreements and disagreements on whether the songs were better than their last album. As we continued to walk and talk, I noticed that Dino stared at him a bit. However, I didn't' mind it at all although I felt like I was having too much fun with Dino. Kane was must likely helping in the strawberry fields and grape orchard of camp. "Yep! Same place like always. They have the best cake better ice cream in the world." I chuckled to myself before holding my hands behind me back. Staring at the ground, I thought about the time when we almost got attacked by a monster coming back from our forth date. It was actually quite exciting. At the thought, I smirked.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 3/28/2024, 4:37 pm