A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Sup, bro

Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female
    Number of posts : 2302
    Registration date : 2014-12-31

Sup, bro Empty Sup, bro

Post by Kwacken 9/1/2015, 2:09 pm

Evander gave his small portion of his food to Ares, reciting the Homeric prayer he always did. After meeting his father at Solstice, he was sure that the @sshole didn't listen, or care, but he still did it. For some reason it comforted him. Turning away from the brazier, Evander looked around, then headed for his table.

He sat down next to Ryan, the new Ares kid who was around his age. He had let him briefly, but the guy hadn't been interested in much conversation. "Evening, brother. How are you doing? Haven't gotten killed yet?"
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male
    Number of posts : 1193
    Registration date : 2015-08-05

Sup, bro Empty Re: Sup, bro

Post by redline2400 9/1/2015, 2:21 pm

"Nope. Three months and I'm still breathing...somehow. And you can call me Ryan. While I get that I'm your brother, I don't think siblings normally refer to each other that way." Evander was one of the few people in the Ares cabin that Ryan wasn't annoyed with. This was mainly due to the fact that he didn't seem to be a total d**k like everyone else in that red box. "So, what's on your menu tonight bro?"
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 9/1/2015, 2:29 pm

Evander shrugged at the comment about siblings not referring to each other that way. It depended for him. He called his real sister "sister" all the time growing up, as well as by her name, and by a few playful insults. Was that not actually normal? Eh. Who knew? "If you prefer, Ryan. I dunno 'bout it not being normal though. Menu tonight is pork barbeque, slaw, baked zucchini. You?Never see you at the sword arena. Not a big sword fan?"
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 9/1/2015, 2:37 pm

"No bro, it aint' normal. My friends back in Detroit who had siblings never referred to each other like that. And I'm just rockin' the Gyro. Keepin' it Greek here, right?" And then Evander brought up the sword arena. "You know, I've actually been trying them out recently. Really starting to like the xiphos, but all I own for CQC is some crappy dagger."
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 9/2/2015, 10:32 am

Evander shrugged again. "We can get you a good xiphos, man. That ain't a problem. I mean, I prefer a kopis, but to each their own." He said before taking a bite of his food. He paused as he chewed, then swallowed. "'course, daggers are useful as hell too."
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 9/2/2015, 11:03 am

"Yeah, if you like getting that close to the people you kill. Besides, swords are way more bada**." He began to eat his Gyro, waiting until he was finished swallowing to talk. "However, if there was something here like that wrist-blade s**t from Assassin's Creed, then I'd use that in a heartbeat." But then he realized that since this camp cuts people off from all of modern society, Evander (who Ryan knew for a fact had been at the camp longer than him) probably didn't know what AC was. "Do you even know what I'm talking about or am I speaking a different language here?"
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 9/2/2015, 1:28 pm

"Dude, as much as I would love to break out the statement about it being all Greek to me... I know Greek, and I've played Assassin's Creed." Evander replied with a laugh. "I haven't been here long enough to be completely clueless."
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 9/2/2015, 1:33 pm

Letting out a sigh of relief, Ryan said "Good, I hoped that was the case. I'd hate to be the only one here who knows about it, and thankfully I'm not."
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 9/2/2015, 8:47 pm

Evander was silent for another few moments as he ate. To be honest, he ate like a starving man, or, well, like a rambunctious teenage boy. "I would think several people know about the game here. It's been out for what? Six? Seven years? I imagine they're still making sequels to it. I dunno. Been out of the world for a year and a half, uh, two years. Not entirely up to date on everything."
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 9/2/2015, 11:46 pm

"Oh please, they're pumping out sequels yearly bro. They're still fun, although at the cost of many launch day bugs being in the game. Really kind of sucks." He took another bite from the Gyro. (OOC: I wan't a Gyro now. :c) After swallowing, Ryan resumed speaking.
    "So, besides the forest and beach and the lake and the arena and all that, what else is here? Like, what else is there to do when I'm not risking life and limb in training?"
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 9/3/2015, 8:12 am

"There's the climbing wall. It's pretty fun as long as you avoid the lava. Arts and crafts. Volley ball. Got a game room, you can watch movies there too. They have pretty much the entire Disney collection... Except Hercules." Evander shrugged a little there. "If you can read, there's a library I'm told is very nice."

The veteran camper looked a little uncomfortable after he said that, focusing more on his food. He was rather self-conscious of the fact that reading for him was harder and less pleasant than running five miles barefoot on broken glass while fighting monsters and being on fire.
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 9/3/2015, 8:42 am

"That's kinda funny, about the Hercules thing." He was about to take another bite from the Gyro, he noticed the Evander looked a bit out of it. "Hey; something wrong man?"
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 9/3/2015, 9:42 pm

Evander shook his head, forcing a smile. "No, Nah, just thinking 'bout the library. Doesn't do many of us in our cabin any good."
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 9/3/2015, 11:55 pm

Ryan chuckled. "Whatever you say bro. Whatever you say..." For most of the Ares kids, a book or two wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. "So, what else is there in the game room?"
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 9/4/2015, 1:34 am

Evander frowned at Ryan, "What does that mean? I was talking about due to dyslexia, dude. We're not stupid. Well, I mean, some are, but that's probably from being hit in the head too many times."
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 9/4/2015, 8:41 am

So it seemed that Evander and Ryan weren't on the same page. "Calm down man, I just think that a few of the other guys in the cabin could use a bit of reading in their free time. Like, instead of going out and hazing some new arrival or picking on a defenseless kid, maybe they could read a book and get something worthwhile with their time."
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 9/5/2015, 1:09 am

Evander grunted, shaking his head. "Man, you don't understand, some of us have trouble with even Greek. It's a whole lot easier to go cause trouble than to read. Not that they should, but, eh, god of conflict... I exercise everything out."
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 9/5/2015, 10:26 am

Well that hit Ryan like a semi truck. "Wait, even with Greek? That's some serious dyslexia bro."
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 9/5/2015, 7:06 pm

Evander looked down at his plate, blushing. He knew it was serious dyslexia, he had spent his entire life trying to fight through it. "Yeah, I know. For some reason, some of us children of Ares tend to be more hyperactive, impulsive and dyslexic. To be honest, I kind of miss mortal ADHD medication. But the library does me no good. I can't read much."
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 9/5/2015, 8:13 pm

Damn. Seems like Evander was the only guy in the cabin who really cared about it. "You know what bro, things could be much worse. Think about it. Instead of having serious ADHD and dyslexia, you could be someone who had serious ADHD and dyslexia and is dead. So be happy bro! Life's too short for you to get hung up on crap like that."
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 9/6/2015, 12:25 am

Evander looked up at Ryan like he had lost his mind completely. "Ryan, I don't plan on dying as a teenager. That means my future is not looking too hot. Short order cook, maybe a car mechanic, but even that you have to be able to read manuals. Got to be able to read to be a police officer, or a security guard, or a soldier. The military won't take someone with active war-" He stopped and cleared his throat, looking away. "Even Marines gotta be able to read anyway. I ain't dumb, but I might as well be."
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 9/6/2015, 12:35 am

Oh yeah, life plans. He forgot that the people here weren't planning to die before they reached 20, and he could tell that Evander seemed quite stressed by his overkill dyslexia. And he had a point, you couldn't even join the Army without at least taking some sort of exam, which more than likely had a reading portion. His future didn't seem too bright.

But then Ryan remembered something; his old side job, the off the books, illegal work he did. He made a decent wage off of that, and maybe Evander could too...
    "Hows your driving skills? Like, can you at least work a standard transmission?"
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 9/6/2015, 6:24 pm

Evander shifted uncomfortably on the long oak bench. He had only driven on the roads once in his life, and that was the day he ram away from home. The day he ruined his life and found out he was a demigod. He rubbed his leg absently, feeling the twisted scar under his jeans. "I've got a basic knowledge of a standard. Kind of stall out. I don't have a driver's license, though, and I can't exactly acquire one."
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 9/7/2015, 9:01 am

Crap. "Oh. Well...think you could handle using a sequential paddle setup or am I really starting to speak a new language? I might be able to find you a job if you can."
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 9/9/2015, 11:43 am

"A...what? Man, my only experience with driving a car is my dad's F150 that I stole when I was 14, right before I ended up here. I didn't even know cars had paddles. I thought that was a boat thing. Like oars. Only, you know, paddles."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 3/28/2024, 12:11 pm