A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Why might you be here?

Gotenks

Male
    Number of posts : 814
    Registration date : 2015-03-01

Why might you be here?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Why might you be here?

Post by Gotenks 9/29/2015, 3:56 pm

She took the blame. Maybe she was right to do so to be honest. Maybe not. After all, George had a history of overreacting when nervous. And he was almost always nervous. Gods, no wonder he couldn't act like a regular human. He just nodded at Haley, trying to make her less nervous. "I-if you...you s-say so. I-l'd actually a-appreciate y-your help...". He also tried to smile, but probably it came across awkward... Damn socializng was still hard... it had been 5 months in this place!
    HaleyTheRandom
    HaleyTheRandom
    Meme Queen

Female
    Number of posts : 929
    Registration date : 2015-01-14

Post by HaleyTheRandom 9/29/2015, 4:16 pm

The girl just nodded in an understanding way, returning his smile with a small one of her own. "Sure. Just uh.. follow me or whatever." The fact of the matter was that the girl had read the series so many times that she practically. knew just where to walk in order to get to them. Well, surely books wasn't the only topic of conversation possible, right? "So.. um... just out of curiosity.. what kind music do you like, if any?" Yeah, that would do. After all, she had plenty of bands on her playlist to talk about, right?
    Gotenks

Male

Post by Gotenks 9/29/2015, 4:28 pm

Right. So George hadn't messed up completely -yet. Though he decided to think positively as they walked towards wherever the books were. They walked in awkward silence and as he was trying to find something to talked about Haley decided to switch the topic to music, something for which George was grateful. "I-i... listen t-to s-stuff like.. B-black Sabbath...Sex P-pistols and J-judas Priest. I-l'll assume y-you're not part of the w-weirdos that h-haven't h-heard of them." he added. People made this kind of remarks of the time. It wasn't rude...right?
    HaleyTheRandom
    HaleyTheRandom
    Meme Queen

Female

Post by HaleyTheRandom 9/29/2015, 4:48 pm

Well, he did have a few bands of his own. That was interesting. She laughed lightly and shook her head. "I've heard of the first two, even listened to a little Black Sabbath myself. The other two, not so much." Haley paused for a second, deciding wether or not to continue. "Honestly, I'm more of a Daughtry, Slip-knot, Green Day and Three Day's Grace girl." That was just barley the tip of the ice burg. There was so many different artists that she listened to on a daily basis that she could go on for hours. And, well, there was some heavier bands that she listened to, but still.
    Gotenks

Male

Post by Gotenks 9/29/2015, 4:55 pm

Err, not too bad. He'd heard of the other bands, they were kinda of the same style... more modern. Not bad though definitely a start and he could start evolving his music taste too. Anyway... "Th-that's nice, l guess... not too far away in our music tastes" Almost flawlessly spoken, yay... Haley seemed like a decent person, that was a plus. Now all he needed was a book and a chance to interact with her more to have a clear opinion on her.
    HaleyTheRandom
    HaleyTheRandom
    Meme Queen

Female

Post by HaleyTheRandom 9/30/2015, 4:29 pm

Haley nodded her head in a agreeing way. No, not to far off. Then again, she hadn't listed all of her heavy bands.. yet. There was always Korn, Godsmack, Pantera, Iron Maiden, Metallica -but they were older-, Avenged Sevenfold and so many more. But no reason to look so deep into that. "Agreed," was all she had to respond. They pair walked for a few more moments before coming to a stop right in front of the Harry Potter books. "Well.. here we have it. Of course, just like with.. uh.. any other series, you should definitely start with the first one.
    Gotenks

Male

Post by Gotenks 10/1/2015, 3:30 pm

Obvious statement was obvious. Her awkwardness was enough for her to forget/ignore that he basically had no other choice than to read them in,order or less he'd miss up on story progression. On the other hand he would,read them just for practice... but then again Haley didn't know that. So... yeah. Awkwardness, nervousness, they were alike in another respect. Yay... now, let's say something... anything. Well, anything interesting. Or at least normal. Then again, what would classify as normal? They lived in a place where they fought monsters on a daily -almost- basis. Ugh... "S-so... w-which i-is the first?" Golden man... you are going to become a chick magnet.
    HaleyTheRandom
    HaleyTheRandom
    Meme Queen

Female

Post by HaleyTheRandom 10/4/2015, 9:06 pm

Tapping her thigh with her free hand, she would come to pick up the fist book in the series. "That would be.. this one. The Sorcerers Stone. Pretty interesting. New concepts, characters, all that good stuff." Yep. So smooth. What other thing was there to say? She could launch into giving him crazy information about the book, as well as the author, but, that would mean spoilers. And, if the guy was actually going to read the book, spoilers were a no go. She shrugged her shoulders. "So... I uh, I hope that helps. I think you might like Ron. He's one of the protagonists in the book..."
    Gotenks

Male

Post by Gotenks 10/5/2015, 12:50 pm

OOC: Ron is the loser, right? *Comes into realisation* Hey! (Meh, he gets the girl l guess so...)

BIC: lnformation, yay... after swallowing his embarassment with his sudden 'transformation' into an 'illiterate' person, George decided to try and speak. "Th-thanks. For... the help and... all." Frick yeah. Getting sooo much better at conversing. Natural talent. After examining the book, he decided it'd probably be worth his tears, sweat snd blood -all deriving from frustration if he struggled in his attempt to read it. So, the book thing is solved. Let's try to converse. Key word: try. After lots of struggling he decided he'd have to google 'how to find conversation topics' since his rubik's cube could magically turn into a device with internet access -how odd and...convenient.
    HaleyTheRandom
    HaleyTheRandom
    Meme Queen

Female

Post by HaleyTheRandom 10/5/2015, 9:56 pm

OOC: I didn't even think about that xD Wow. Kudos to my sub-conscience.

BIC: Haley just smiled. "Uh, yeah. Of course." And now they were back at the topic of having well.. no topic to talk about. She scratched he wrist, adjusting her weapon bracelet in the process. "It's.. a really great book and what-not. If you don't like it, no worries of course. But if you do, well then, kudos to my recommendation." Okay, now it just sounded like she was full of herself. And that, she wasn't. Haley mentally cursed herself for doing so. To late, the words were already out.
    Gotenks

Male

Post by Gotenks 10/6/2015, 3:35 pm

Right. The awkwardness level was too damn high. Could he put even part of the blame on Haley? No, not really. It took two to tango. If one tripsover all the time the orher wouldn't be able to do sht. He questioned his train of thought for making that analogy. Anyway, she commented on the book choice, stating that if she were correct she needed to be congratulated. That was... pitiful. Like she said it so that she heard it and get a cheap confidence boost. So, to be fair, really George-like. He felt the urge to smile, though he didn't. "Uh... sure. I'll p-personally congratulate you i-if that is the case." Ha. Ha. Ha. Soooo funny man. Brilliant. A pure genius. Comedian. He decided to google humor related stuff as well...
    HaleyTheRandom
    HaleyTheRandom
    Meme Queen

Female

Post by HaleyTheRandom 10/7/2015, 10:27 pm

So, Haley had had her fair share of awkward and weird conversations. Even the ones where her and Makayla used to sit in class and just blurt out random words in order to keep up the conversation. But this.. this was different. You could pretty much feel the awkwardness level rising. Quick. She had to think of something to say. After all, they had both made it this far. There was no way a girl this socially awkward was about to let the conversation just end after she finally got to the point where she wasn't stuttering. Besides, George seemed okay.

"It.. uh.. yeah. Okay. So..." Music was out, they had already talked about that. They could talk books, but... seriously? Did she really just think that. Yep. Mhm. Freaking totally. "Do you play video-games by any chance?"
    Gotenks

Male

Post by Gotenks 10/8/2015, 2:01 pm

'It...uh...yeah.Okay, so...' Look at what you've done! You managed to mess this up again! Great job me! Great job once again! Gods trucking dammit people were so freaking difficult to deal with! Why did he just HAVE to be... him?! George could take being anyone else but himself at this point, thinking that the situation couldn't be fixed. Was he right? Kinda. Well, not 100% since after thiese...happy thoughts Haley found a topic to talk about -if only briefly because, well... "Uh...l used to play in the N64 my...my dad used to have and l have played l-like, 10 minutes of a Halo game." Gamer at heart... he felt so uninteresting.
    HaleyTheRandom
    HaleyTheRandom
    Meme Queen

Female

Post by HaleyTheRandom 11/2/2015, 10:22 pm

Haley nodded in a strange approving way. She'd never touched a Nintendo 64 in her life, raised on Xbox from day one, but that was beside the point. George had brought up the topi of Halo, even if he only had played the game for 10 minutes. Her eyes lit up with excitement. "Halo is one of my favorite videogames of all t-time, actually. Well, it and Mortal Kombat, but... yeah." She glanced at the ground momentarily, barely aware she was biting her bottom lip yet again. Great, time to be nervous... again.
    Gotenks

Male

Post by Gotenks 11/30/2015, 2:24 pm

Well, what were the odds? One of the few games he had played, she had as well. That was convenient... not really. Well, not that he had an issue with violent games but...let's be real. He preferred Smash Bros or Captain Falcon violence to alien-killing violence. "R-right. Any chance Mortal Combat is anything like Smash Bros? L-let's just say l haven't had the luck to play a variety of games. Or the will, no idea what l-l'd like t-to play... really..." he said, in the end noticing that the girl was acting nervous again. Maybe he had messed up. "I-is anything w-wrong?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/19/2024, 9:09 am