A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

A Breath of Fresh Air (Redline)

redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male
    Number of posts : 1193
    Registration date : 2015-08-05

A Breath of Fresh Air (Redline) - Page 2 Empty Re: A Breath of Fresh Air (Redline)

Post by redline2400 10/15/2015, 5:48 am

Backing up so that he had some personal space available, Ryan began to explain his rubber cement comment. "Well A) they're an idiot and B) they think that they can get a high from it. They think it's like 'sugar fumes' or something since they are most likely a 5th or 3rd grader; I haven't seen rubber cement outside an elementary school."
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female
    Number of posts : 2302
    Registration date : 2014-12-31

A Breath of Fresh Air (Redline) - Page 2 Empty Re: A Breath of Fresh Air (Redline)

Post by Kwacken 10/17/2015, 12:52 am

"It has industrial uses and is good for temporary fixes and unprofessional patch jobs. Temporary hospitals use it a lot to hold things together. I have never had a d-desire to sn-sniff it. I don't see what this has to do with pacifism, though."
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 10/17/2015, 4:55 pm

"Oh believe me, it has everything to do with pacifism. I'm comparing the logic of a pacifist to that of someone who sniffs rubber cement."
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 10/17/2015, 5:04 pm

Pierre snorted through his nose and ran a hand through his hair, looking at the boy before him. Pacifism was not the same as sniffing glue. "S-so you're g-going to tell me sic vis pacem parabellum? T-take a philosophy of d-destroy that b-before it destroys you? There are more philosophies in the world than that of aggression, and successful usage. Ghandi. Martin Luther King Jr., he's even a yank."

Pierre took a deep breath and shook his head. "Médecins S-s-sans Frontières has taken a p-peaceful approach for d-decades and saved c-c-c-countless lives."
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 10/17/2015, 9:19 pm

Really? Ghandi? MLK? MSF? Why not just namedrop every NGO and peace activist that has been around. Ryan laughed and looked down, shaking his head as he did. Bringing his head up and remaking eye contact, Ryan began to defend his claim.
    "Ok, so what does Doctors Without Borders, a nonprofit, global NGO have to do with anything? 'They're peaceful.' Well no s*** they're peaceful; they're an NGO for f***'s sake! They raise a single red flag and the international community would tear them apart. And just make it clear, I don't hate peace. If you can solve a problem without any casualties, good for you; have a medal or some s***. But it's the core philosophy of pacifism, that the world can be at one with itself in peace, that I hate. And I hate it beacause it's just idealist bulls***. No plan, no proof, no logic. The idea that BILLIONS of people from a million different backgrounds and cultures can all find a point singularity with each other; it's a noble idea, but a moon- no, that's too close, too tangible -andromedashot in reality.
    So yes; the world is a hard, cold, heartless place, sic vis pacem parabellum."
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 10/18/2015, 12:52 am

Pierre breathed deeply, calming himself as he looked down at Ryan. "Mon père travaille pour...travaille pour, travaille pour, pour, pour." He rumbled lowly, then stopped, taking another deep breath, he rubbed the bridge of his nose for a few seconds. "Mon p-papa works for Doctors Without Borders.I have b-been around them my entire life. You d-do not give p-peace any chance b-because you think everyone is too different? We all feel the same pain, the same emotions. Even the gods that d-don't b-bleed red. P-peace has a ch-chance if someone has the, uh, the, merde, spunk?"
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 10/18/2015, 1:21 am

"I'm not saying I don't give it a chance, I don't hate peace, I just don't think it does much good sitting around hoping for the world to be at one with itself. And by the way, look at Ukraine. Look at Syria. Look at Korea. Look at them, and you will see two people of the same ethnic groups, the same home, the same heritage, fighting as if they're up against the wall. Ok, maybe not Korea, but it is still ongoing technically. But I digress. These people are essentially the same, fighting for two very different causes. Is there a peaceful solution to these conflicts? Yes. But will it work and be agreed upon by all parties? Not a chance.
    And hats off to your dad for being in MSF. Unrelated to the conversation, where have you two gone with them?"
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 10/19/2015, 10:34 pm

"No. It doesn't do much good to s-sit and wait. That is why you must actively p-particip-pa-p-participate in it. Work for it." Pierre said, shifting in his stance. "Mostly M-mid East and African countries. Israel, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Kenya, Ghana, India, Nigeria, South Africa, Haiti, South Korea and Taiwan. Though papa only took me to safe locations and m-mostly short visits until I was older."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 3/28/2024, 8:41 am