A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

The Spice of Life (Open)

Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female
    Number of posts : 2302
    Registration date : 2014-12-31

The Spice of Life (Open) Empty The Spice of Life (Open)

Post by Kwacken 11/19/2015, 10:38 am

It was well known among the Hunters that when it was Asina's turn to cook, something interesting was going to be made. Not always good. Always interesting. Tonight, being a cool late autumn night, the fire pit smelled heavily of chili, as Asina stirred the pot, adding a dash of cumin, several dashes of black and red pepper, and enough garlic to ward off an army of vampires.

She whistled jovially, taking simple pleasure in the art of cooking. Also knowing that she had used at least 18 spices, which pleased her soul greatly. It was nice to relax every once in a while and pretend that the world wasn't as old as it was, and that it wasn't filled with monsters. She stirred the pot again, enjoying the conversations of her sister Hunters as she cooked. This was the life.
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female
    Number of posts : 1696
    Registration date : 2014-07-20

The Spice of Life (Open) Empty Re: The Spice of Life (Open)

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 12/24/2015, 3:54 pm

Trisha had never experienced the joys of Asina's cooking, however whatever she happened to be making smelt divine. As long as it was vegetarian, Trisha could eat it. Most of the other hunters appeared to respect her vegetarian dietary choice. No one applied any pressure for the child of Demeter to change her personal beliefs.
    Though among the youngest sisters in the Hunters of Artemis, Trisha could never imagine living any other way. She felt at home here, part of something great and the comradeship.. It was perfect, evening sitting round the fire chatting with her friends was amazing.

Her blue eyes watched Asina cook, wondering what spicy concoction she forged. Judging from the warm scents in the air, it may be hot enough to burn through metal plates.
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 12/29/2015, 4:08 pm

Asina could feel the eyes of Trisha, the daughter of Demeter, on her as she cooked. She looked up, cocking her head slightly. "Yes, I do have a vegetarian bowl for you set aside. Tofu for the protein, although, I really do not understand tofu. It is...spongy."
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 12/29/2015, 4:10 pm

"Thank you." She smiled pleased that the other hunters always took into account her unique dietary requirements. Trisha headed over towards Asina. "Yeah... Tofu is different." She settled on eventually. "Either you love it or you can just about manage to swallow it."
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 12/29/2015, 4:25 pm

"But how can it have any taste either? It is white sponge." Asina said, ladling up a bowl for Trisha and handing it to her, before focusing on the larger pot that had the meat in it. She made a few bowls and started handing them off to passing Hunters. "I still do not understand your vegetarian ways, Trish."
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 12/29/2015, 4:30 pm

She accepted the bowl. "Thank you." Trisha smiled at her. "Well it is hard to explain but I can't eat the meat alternative." She joked quietly, amusing herself with her humour.
    "Well having worked on a farm I disagree with the methods of animal production." She careful chose that word over how they were slaughtered, since the hunters hunted and killed animals in a manner similar to the wild. Surely she could eat that meat right?
    Wrong.
    "I'm glad that you make something for me to eat though." It must have been an oddity, a vegetarian hunter. But hey, she had to be different right?
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 12/31/2015, 3:27 pm

Asina shrugged, "We would get the meat from the market. The servants would at least. And then after that, I hunted. Meat tastes better than plain bread, and you can survive longer with it. Vegetarianism wasn't a thing until a few centuries ago, at least, not a by choice thing." She said as she kept dipping bowls of chili for people.

"I don't mind making a vegetarian alternative, but...the tofu stuff is just awful. Can't they come up with a more meat like meat alternative? Out of beans or something?"
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 12/31/2015, 4:01 pm

She knew that the human body was designed to digest meat, Trisha held her reasons for being the way she was close to her heart. "Interesting it must be then to see the change in the dietary choices no?" Trisha could only wonder at what it must be like to live for a long period of time, beyond that of a human life span.
    "I think the idea is it does not look like meat or taste like it." Trisha argued, wincing slightly as she took a spoonful of the chilli veggie bowl.
    "Wow! That is hot!" She declared through a mouthful of food.
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 12/31/2015, 4:49 pm

Asina laughed and tore off a piece of bread to hand to Trisha. "Sorry. They tell me I overspice things...but...I have spices. And herbs. I love spices." She said, smiling ridiculously.
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 12/31/2015, 4:57 pm

Trisha accepted the bread, swallowing before offering the other Hunter a warm smile. "It is certainly quite warm." She tore off a chunk of bread before saying. "If you ever get short of veggies I can create some." The young hunter left out the fact that she tended to pass out afterwards.
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 12/31/2015, 5:09 pm

"Could use a bit of onion, or some more beans to bring down the spice level a little. Maybe some tomato, which isn't actually poisonous, you know? Tasty things. You can make ketchup with it, but not for chilli. " Asina said, then stopped realizing she was rambling. "I think it should be fine as long as no one spits flames."
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 12/31/2015, 5:15 pm

"You will see what you get if that is what you truly want me to get some." Though right now Trisha did not want to conjure up a basket of fruits and vegetables.
    She tended to only do it when the hunters she was with happened to be starving or nearly starving. A rarity, since Trisha thought that the veterans could track any creature, any where, any time, any place. Or at least they seemed to be able to do that.
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 1/21/2016, 7:14 am

"I think we actually have plenty for now. No one has started doing an impression of a dragon." Asina replied, scooping herself a bowl and raising the pot up a level to have a lower temperature. "This is the life, though, isn't it?"
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 1/21/2016, 10:57 am

Trisha laughed. "Well that is good." Though the thought of some of her fellow hunters spitting flames amused her. She nodded in agreement to Asina's comment, at first her mouth was full of food till she swallowed the scorching mouthful. "Yeah... Kinda makes you wonder how you lived before." Trisha said quietly, she never spoke much of home or the reason why she joined the hunters, it was just something she never brought up.
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 1/21/2016, 2:20 pm

Asina nodded as she sat down next to Trish. "Bland food. A lot of bland food. I don't really remember much else. Some. In a few centuries everything will blend together and life before the Hunt will be a fuzzy distant memory. A few things will still stick out in vivid memory, like those moving pictures they show, in color and everything."
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 1/21/2016, 5:16 pm

"Bet that is... Different." She wondered what it might be like for a hunter to live that long. Trisha then asked in a quiet uncertain voice. "Do you... Do you ever lose hunters? Like they leave the hunt because well..." She shrugged her shoulders feeling awkward looking down at her food, leaving unsaid that they find love.
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 1/22/2016, 12:44 am

Asina was quiet for several seconds, delaying her answer with a bite of the fiery chili. She chewed carefully as she mused how to answer, although she was also partially focusing on the blend of spices and heat. "We lose the most to battle. Many are tempted at times, but few are willing to incur the wrath of our Lady. An oath such as ours is binding, and Lady Diane has no patience for those who break their vows."
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 1/22/2016, 3:27 am

Trisha nodded, it was something which the Hunters rarely spoke of, especially to one of their newest members. "I see... But what if a Hunter wished to leave? Would she be allowed?" She inquired in a timid and quiet voice before explaining. "Not that I would wish to I was just curious since... No one mention Hunters leaving other than..." Dying, she left unsaid.
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 1/22/2016, 3:53 am

"Why would anyone want to leave?" Asina asked, though in the nearly two millennia she had thought about it several times. Each time rejecting it for the eternal safety of the Hunt. As long as she was alive there was no judgement to be made. Her past stayed that, her past. Not her eternal future. Still she did understand the desire to stay, start a family, make friends, grow old and die.
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 1/22/2016, 5:14 am

Trisha shrugged her shoulders, falling silent and returning her attention to the delicious if rather scorch your mouth food.
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 1/22/2016, 5:19 pm

There was an uncomfortable silence for several more seconds. "Are you intimidated by the reality of eternity?" Asina finally asked quietly. It was understandable. New Hunters often faced a time where they questioned the idea of eternity, but it usually took thirty or forty years, after all their friends had grown old or died
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 1/22/2016, 5:25 pm

Trisha shook her head, quietly chewing on a piece of bread whilst she searched for the courage to reply. In a frightened, quiet voice the young Hunter confessed. "What if I... I find myself... Myself feeling for someone... Someone who is not a Hunter?" She was scared that she might lose her commitment to the Hunters, she took her vow very seriously.
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 1/22/2016, 5:33 pm

"Then you make a choice. It is not always easy to do the right thing, but many before you have done it." Asina said quietly, her voice low. "I once had the temptation to love as well. A man, a young son of Apollo, during the last great demigod war."

Asina looked into the fire, remembering clearly the face of the dirty blonde man with the beginnings of mutton chops that diveted into dimples when he smiled. She signed slightly. "Edward. Good man. Brave. Caring. Lady Diane was in hiding, and I had been separated from the Hunt, torn between the Romans and the Greeks. He was a welcome companion for a few weeks."
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 1/22/2016, 5:42 pm

Trisha nodded as she spoke, however she remained silent uncertain as to what might be an appropriate comment. Love was a taboo topic of conversation with the other hunters so she usually avoided it where possible.
    She ate some more of the bread, thinking silently.
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 1/23/2016, 2:49 am

Asina caught onto the silence and smiled at the younger Hunter. "I had my temptation, and I could have settled down with young Edward and borne children and raised crops, maybe even healed people, ironically enough. I would have missed out on many things. Driving a car. Being able to dye my hair blue. Meeting new and interesting people."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 3/29/2024, 3:27 am