A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Practice Makes Perfect [me and Morgan]

The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female
    Number of posts : 3262
    Registration date : 2014-12-18

Practice Makes Perfect [me and Morgan] Empty Practice Makes Perfect [me and Morgan]

Post by The Cheshire Cat 12/26/2015, 6:51 am

Emily, well she had some practice to keep up with and as of late she hadn't been doing so at all. The daughter of Aphrodite walked into the Dance Hall and breathed a sigh of relief seeing it empty. Setting down a radio and plugging in her iPhone 6 she turned on some relaxing music to stretch to. It was nice to finally have this time to herself and not have to worry about the approval of her siblings. In all honesty, she liked getting dirty and sweaty sometimes, plus she was starting to grow fond of training. After a good long stretch the music changed from calm and relaxing to upbeat and full of life. Lacing up her shoes the daughter of Aphrodite stood up and started to break dance like nobodies business. She was edgy and worked her muscles as if it were the last time she would ever get to dance.

http://www.polyvore.com/terra_workout/set?id=168557727
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Practice Makes Perfect [me and Morgan] Empty Re: Practice Makes Perfect [me and Morgan]

Post by Morgan Landry 12/26/2015, 9:20 am

Jana Kay was a bit let down when she heard music blaring from the dance room. She thought she'd be the first today! But apparently not so... Disappointed, she sat down on a bench outside and waited for whoever to finish up so she could have her turn.
    For the first ten minutes she had fun braiding daisy crowns and making tulips dance the Macarena, then her ADHD got the better of her patience and she jumped up. What are they doing in there? Soon it would be ten and she'd have to go to the stables with her cabin!
    Jana Kay carefully poked her head in. Inside was a girl, breakdancing -- that explained the music. Jana leaned back out and looked at her headphones, she might as well do tap dance here.
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Practice Makes Perfect [me and Morgan] Empty Re: Practice Makes Perfect [me and Morgan]

Post by The Cheshire Cat 12/26/2015, 9:26 am

With the end of the first song Emily stopped and smiled to herself. It felt good to be back doing what she loved. Wanting something different she scrolled through her songs and settled on something very, very classical. Trading her converse for her point ballet slippers she stood facing a few mirrors and her face grew focused. From there she went on to dance like it was nobodies business. She had been dancing ballet since she was four, this was her life. She started dancing along to classical music with a slow grin crawling across her face. At the end of the song, Hall of Fame turned on and she started dancing a mix of every type of dance she knew in order to show the full extent of the song. The only thing she wished she had done was set up a camera so she could have another routine on hand.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 12/26/2015, 9:38 am

Jana Kay finally tiptoed in and knocked on the door.

"Excuse me, I've been watching you for a moment and you're really good, I was just wondering. Do you dance rockabilly? Or rock'n'roll?"

She still had daises in her hair and was dressed in a red and white striped top with denim shorts and cherry earrings, a shy smile digging dimples in her round cheeks.
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 12/26/2015, 10:45 am

Emily stopped dancing and caught her breath while turning to the girl. Cute, fit and had a ring of daisies in her hair. Even more cute. Em smiled. I'll dance to whatever I have. What about you? She smiled with her British accent noticeable now. Em hadn't actually had a girlfriend in ages and although she wasn't in the neighborhood for one this girl was definitely cute.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 12/26/2015, 11:42 am

The girl seemed nice so Jana Kay took another step forward. "I take rockabilly and rock'n'roll lessons back home. Tap dance too," she said in her Scottish accent. "Are you Aphrodite or Apollo?"
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 12/26/2015, 11:47 am

Am I that obvious? Em said with a slight laugh. Aphrodite, by the way. Probably one of the most stereotyped goddesses other than Ares. She laughed again. Looking the girl over once Em went back to her music and scrolled through her songs absentmindedly almost while listening to this other girl. Who are you anyway? Like, godparent and name and all that jazz. She asked.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 12/26/2015, 2:37 pm

"Well you're dressed stylishly, you're a great dancer and you're very pretty so there were only two cabins that popped into my mind," she said then almost dropped her tap shoes. "Oh and I'm Jana Kay Robertson, from the Demeter's. Sorry, should've introduced myself earlier."
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 12/27/2015, 12:24 am

Em smiled at Jana.I like that name. Very unique. She said kindly as she sat back down on the ground and motioned her over.Do you really think I'm pretty? She asked a little flirty but laughing it off. She didn't want to get found out about being Bi but flirting was second nature to her since she is an aphrodite after all.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 12/27/2015, 8:39 am

"Aw thanks," Jana said, grinning more with the compliment. "And of course I think you're pretty, I mean -- you are a daughter of the love goddess. You don't need me to tell you."

She took her rockabilly skirt out from her bag and slipped into it, zipping it up on the side. "And it's not just how you look. You Aphrodite kids have a very graceful way of moving in general."
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 12/27/2015, 8:50 am

Em shrugged. Compared to my other siblings there are far better looking aphrodite kids. She laughed as she picked away at her horrible nails. What she said wasn't wrong either, she knew for a fact Narcissus was way better at moving gracefully than she was. Looking back at the girl she laughed to herself. It's funny actually. These campers, most of them think we're all so vane and care so much about fashion but a lot of us actually enjoy the fighting aspect of camp. She said looking back at Jana with a smile.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 12/27/2015, 10:39 am

"I don't doubt that. Children of Aphrodite can be very wrathful, just like your mother. I wouldn't want to get on you guys' bad side. You remember what happened to the Stoll brothers, with the golden mango?" She chuckled.
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 12/27/2015, 10:44 am

It's hard to keep track of all the things my mom did. She laughed slightly looking at Jana. Damn she was cute.Can I ask you something that's kinda personal? You can totally say no though if you want. She laughed again looking at her shoes, tying them again seeing as they were untying.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 12/27/2015, 11:59 am

"Um, sure," Jana said. While Em tied her shoes, she rearranged her daisy crown, wondering what the chocolate mint chip she wanted to ask. But if it was personal, she could trust Jana - she may be a chatterbox with her friends but with secrets and personal stuff, she might as well be mute.
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 12/27/2015, 12:05 pm

Oh gods here it goes. Em thought to herself as she took a breath and looked at Jana. Would you like to go get lunch with me? She asked. It wasn't all that personal for most people but for Em these things were personal and difficult, especially towards other girls whom she found to be cute. We can go wherever you want but I'll buy. That is, if it's alright with you or your seeing someone and all that. She said flustered. For being a daughter of Aphrodite she wasn't that smooth with asking someone out on a date.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 12/27/2015, 12:12 pm

Jana Kay felt her cheeks flush with colour, heat rising to her face.

"Are you...are you flirting with me?" She awkwardly asked, almost dropping her tap shoes again.
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 12/27/2015, 12:15 pm

More like attempting to. She laughed a little, looking at Jana's cheeks turn red with color from blushing.So is that a yes or a no Ms.Jana Kay? She said relaxing as she flirted more. It was odd, the more she flirted the easier it got, but only during a certain conversation. The next time she flirted with Jana, and there would definitely be a next time, she would completely fail and then become smooth later on in the conversation.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 12/27/2015, 12:27 pm

"Oh my gods... Oh.. Um... Oh gods, Em, I'm so sorry, but I'm seeing someone... I mean, you're super beautiful and everything, a real bombshell, ...but I'm taken." The more she talked, the more flustered she got, the more she tripped on her own words and the redder she got. She felt so bad and so guilty to turn her down!
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 12/27/2015, 12:37 pm

It was slightly sad in all honesty, to get turned down on her first attempt at trying to go on a date with a girl at camp. It's alright. She smiled. If there was one thing she was good at, it was hiding the hurt from a rejection well. Worth a shot though right? She said as she stood and moved to go turn on the music. It was a song called Swagg and the daughter of Aphrodite went to town on a flawless and amazing hiphop routine, her face hard and fierce looking. Dancing was her escape from the world, and she was glad to have it in times like these.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 12/27/2015, 3:08 pm

Jana Kay felt even worse. The girl was probably dancing to turn away from her, and it made her feel really bad. What the strawberry cheesecake are you even supposed to do in these situations? Leaving now would mean departing on a bad note and she didn't want that. I mean, there was still a way they could be friends, right?

"Wow that was really impressive," she said after Em finished her hiphop routine. "Could...could you teach me some steps?"
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 12/28/2015, 1:50 am

Emily stood there panting slightly from her workout. When Jana asked about the dancing steps she shrugged.Sure. I know Ballette, hiphop and ballroom. What do you wanna learn? She offered, downing a good portion of her water bottle and pulling some of her long blonde hair off her now sweating skin. She sort of looked like those models that pretend to work out and get all sweaty for a photo shoot, only this time she actually was working out.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 12/28/2015, 5:55 am

"Hip hop please," she said with a shy smile, taking off her rockabilly skirt. Now she was back in striped top and shorts, her cherry earrings gleaming on her ears. Checking her watch briefly she realized she had only fifteen minutes left till pegasi riding. But oh well, first, she was going to dance!
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 12/28/2015, 8:11 am

Try to keep up princess. Em grinned mischievously. Nilili Mambo by Block B turned on and Em started strutting around the room as the lead singer of the boyband started speaking and once the Korean singing started she began to do some basic hiphop moves, watching Jana to see how she kept up.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 12/28/2015, 8:45 am

Jana kept up but she lacked the mechanic in her movements that were essential to hip hop. She top-rocked, swayed, stepped and twisted but it had still all the awkwardness of a beginner.
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 12/28/2015, 8:52 am

Em did her best to keep the moves simple but this song, man was it upbeat and fun as hell to dance with.How about you do the best you can. She offered as she went to the ground and started to do a helicopter like a pro. These moves were intermediate and it was fun to take a dip into the simpler dance moves for hiphop. At the end of the song it hanged to Somebody To Die For and Emily stopped dancing to look at Jana.Well, what did you learn? She asked taking a few drinks from her water bottle. I believe in learning on the go. She said setting down the water bottle and starting a mix of hiphop and ballet to dance to. It's wasn't intense until the chorus and Em smiled to herself as she closed her eyes and got lost in the song. It was one of her favorite songs to dance to.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/19/2024, 6:35 am