A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

The "Historyworm" (ENDED, MERGED)

Rick Sanchez
    Rick Sanchez
    Dedicated Member

Male
    Number of posts : 1520
    Registration date : 2015-10-06

The "Historyworm" (ENDED, MERGED) Empty The "Historyworm" (ENDED, MERGED)

Post by Rick Sanchez 12/28/2015, 11:38 am

Vicky was drawn once again, to the library, by an irresistible force. Being a daughter of Clio made her naturally unparalled in history and as well as being unmatched in every single subject at school. Yeah, nerd signs confirmed. Vicky pushed her glasses upwards as she opened the door to the library. Athena kid overpopulated the place, like usual. Most of them come here on a regular basis and so did Vicky. Some were children of the nine muses, siblings of hers as well.

Moving toward the quiet back corner of the library, Vicky landed on the floor, simultaneously opening a history book about the 1900-1985 period. An old copy. Pulling her knees to her chest, Vicky started to read about World War I.

On 1-28-1914 the prince of Austria at the time was assassinated by a group of Serbia terrorists Interesting, toward Vicky solely

Last edited by Khan on 12/30/2015, 9:52 am; edited 1 time in total
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female
    Number of posts : 8666
    Registration date : 2012-03-11

The "Historyworm" (ENDED, MERGED) Empty Re: The "Historyworm" (ENDED, MERGED)

Post by Perca 12/28/2015, 1:04 pm

Let's kill tonight!
    Kill tonight!
    Show them all you're not the ordinary type
    Let's kill tonight!
    Kill tonight!
    Show them all you're not the ordinary type
    Let's kill tonight!

I sang in my mind, bobbing my head up and down to the beat as I walked into the library. The heat was on inside the small building and I took off my gloves with a sigh of pleasure. I loved warmth. I was used to warmer climates and, even though the camp was weather protected, I still felt insufferably cold at winter. And what better way to spend the holidays than with a nice book and a cup of hot cocoa by the fireplace?

Even if I didn't attend a real school - being a year-rounder and all - the camp did take the normal holiday breaks so I found myself with loads of time on my hands and nothing to do. Having finished re-reading the Inheritance trilogy - technically tetra-logy since there were four books - and not wishing to start it over again - or any other series for that matter - I had decided to visit the library and borrow some new reading material.

But what was I looking for? Magazines? Books? Newspapers? I quickly settled for books; I despised magazines because the models in the pictures made me feel terrible about myself and the world was in such a terrible state, the news was something I hadn't cared for in quite a while. So books. What genre? Adventures? Graphic novels? (Lots of people considered those as magazines but they always seemed to me as worthy as a proper book) Poetry? Autobiography? Scanning around, I noticed a new stand labelled "CRIME" and headed towards it with a smirk on my face. Hopefully I'd find some good quality Agatha Christie to read - she was always one of my favorites.

The stand though was located on the left back side of the library, the complete opposite of where I stood. Heaving a sigh and praying not to stumble on one of the many book piles on the floor due to my clumsiness, I started walking through the aisles. As I neared, my feet got caught into something and I crashed on the ground face first, bringing down with me a smaller stand of "SCI-FI ADVENTURE". As I shook my head and sat up, I realized I had not stumbled on something rather than a someone. I turned to look at the girl in embarrassment as I blushed slightly and stood up. "Sorry, I didn't mean to, I didn't see you and I don't have the best reflexes in the world so, yeah.... Sorry"

OOC: Wow, that turned out longer than expected
    Rick Sanchez
    Rick Sanchez
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Rick Sanchez 12/29/2015, 12:28 am

Vicky panicked when she felt someone tripped over her foot and landed on the floor. Her glasses dropped, and she covered her face with her hand in embarassment. Still, after about four seconds, she lowered her hand, but her cheeks remained red. "I-it's o-okay." she replied quietly, "I sh-houldn't have sat like that. It's my fault. Anyways, Vicky." after a short moment of continuous stutter, Vicky managed to calm herself to introduce and meet this other girl. Seems like an Athenian kid. Picking up her glasses, Vicky tucked it in her pocket. To be honest, they told her she was cute without the glasses but she ended up blushing. She took off the glasses anyway. It weighed down on her nose.
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 12/29/2015, 2:15 am

I stood there and looked at her puzzled until I figured to take one of my headphones on. Luckily that happened fast enough for me to catch her name. Giving her an awkward but warm smile, I extended my hand in a handshake. "Christine, nice to meet you. Well, not in this condition, seeing as I could have caused an injury or I may have left a bruse, but still"I babbled until I realized I was babbling and shut up. "What are you reading, if you don't mind me asking"
    Rick Sanchez
    Rick Sanchez
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Rick Sanchez 12/29/2015, 2:26 am

"Oh, what I'm reading? A book about history, the 1900-1985 period. To you, it's probably factual crap. Currently at the 1916 era, during the height of World War I. The Ger-" she abruptly paused. Ugh, she started another process of spilling knowledge. "Sorry, I'm always like that. Reading aloud facts." Vicky scratched her head, blushing. She was extremely nerdy. "Nice meeting you, Christine. What brings you here, to the darkest depths of the library, full of historical works?" she raised an eyebrow.
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 12/29/2015, 2:41 am

I laughed and shrugged, sitting down facing her. "I like the depths of this library. Well, I like the library in general. It's quits cozy in comparison to the rest of the camp. And it's always so quite and I can listen to music without hearing screams from the volleyball court or yelling from the arena. Well, and I obviously like the books a lot. More so than magazines or newspapers. There's something in the smell of ink, the feeling of paper on your fingertips, the texture.... Oh, excuse me, I lose focus a lot. I came to find something to read. Obviously. And I saw the stand of "CRIME" and hoped there was some Agatha Christie - I love Agatha Christie! Anyways.... I'm a daughter of Athena. I'd say you are too, but I haven't seen you around in the cabin. Unless you're new. But nah, you would have been claimed by now. So whose kid are you?"I finally asked and looked at her curiously
    Rick Sanchez
    Rick Sanchez
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Rick Sanchez 12/29/2015, 3:01 am

"Clio. The muse of history out of the nine muses." she explained. Christine thought Vicky was an Athenian kid. Funny, many did. "Music? Never really listened to music before." she admitted. "Always reading books. No time for it. And if you're asking why I am here, then same as you: the quiet." Vicky looked thoughtfully around. Soundproof. Unpenetrable.

"Not everyone who's nerdy are Athenians. Note that next time." she added
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 12/29/2015, 3:51 am

"I never said you're nerdy. There's just rarely anyone else who shows such a great appreciation for books and knowledge. I didn't mean to insult you and I'm sorry if I did."I explained and paused for a moment in awkward silence."You should try listening to music, it can be really fun. And it doesn't require much from you so you can do it along with reading, both nice as individual activities as well. Maybe give it a chance sometime"
    Rick Sanchez
    Rick Sanchez
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Rick Sanchez 12/29/2015, 4:13 am

"Yeah, music's great." she remarked. "What kind of music do you listen to? Pop? For me, I would go for gentle and peaceful music." said Vicky. Sitting straight up, she asked Christine "What kind of magazines do you read?"
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 12/29/2015, 4:22 am

"I'm not much for categorizing and labelling stuff. But I've asked some people and I think it's kind of punk-pop-rock? I don't know, I listen to many stuff. Also, I absolutely despise magazines. Never read them". I shrugged and grinned."What about you?"
    Rick Sanchez
    Rick Sanchez
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Rick Sanchez 12/29/2015, 6:27 am

"Like I said: historical books and that sort." she reminded Christine. "Modern world history is preferred, although I do read pre-1800 eras."

"Do you ever read stories? I like historical ones." she brought up the subject.
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 12/29/2015, 10:30 am

"I do, in fact I like stories very much. I am quite intrigued by books written after games - much like the Assassins Creed series. I find that, while it is fiction, many historical facts are accurate. Have you read that?"I asked, catching sight of said series a few selves above her head
    Rick Sanchez
    Rick Sanchez
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Rick Sanchez 12/29/2015, 11:00 am

"Assassin's Creed novelization? Not yet." she replied with her British accent. "I don't play video games. But I do know Assassin's Creed. They complimented it a lot. The critics, I mean. But it's all about bloody murder! Why are they even interested in such a game, homicidal and bloody." Vicky muttered the last sentence, her voice trailing of near the end.
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 12/29/2015, 11:10 am

"Well, I've never played the game. But read the books. You'll like it, I guarantee. It's not just murder. It's the mindset of the times, romance, adventure. There is murder, of course. But still. Give it a shot. Maybe when you have some free time."I suggested and kneeled to reach the first book on the shelf above Vicky and hand it to her."Here. Renaissance. If you don't like it, don't read the rest. But I bet you'll enjoy it"
    Rick Sanchez
    Rick Sanchez
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Rick Sanchez 12/30/2015, 5:24 am

"Renaissance. Okay, thanks. Seems great. I'll borrow it back to my bunk later." Holding it in her grasp, Vicky pulled her knees even closer to her chest. She had to put the book almost as near as sticking it on her face to read the summary at the back. "I'm near blind without the glasses." she admitted, pulling out and putting back on her glasses, then tied her straight hair into a ponytail. "Have you read 20000 Miles Under The Sea? I don't often read science fiction but that one was exceptionally entertaining." Vicky asked, her British voice becoming clearer and more distinctive. "Jules Verne's the best science fiction author, according to me. Although those stories are a century and a half expired." Vicky shrugged.
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 12/30/2015, 5:36 am

"You look better with the glasses, why did you even bother taking them off?" I shrugged and scratched the back of my head. "I've always wanted to read Jules Varnes, heard he's an incredible author but I'm terrible at prioritizing. I'll borrow that then instead of Agatha, it'll probably be more fun anyway"
    Rick Sanchez
    Rick Sanchez
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Rick Sanchez 12/30/2015, 5:57 am

"Thanks. They told me I was cuter without the glasses, but I thought I looked better with them. And besides, I took them off because sometimes it weighs my nose down." Vicky said "Jules Verne wrote science fiction novels like Around The World in 80 Days or Five Weeks On a Balloon. His writing style is often successful at deceiving readers into believe that what he wrote is possible, until you account deep science."
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 12/30/2015, 6:03 am

"Maybe you should try a different skeleton, a lighter one. Or contact lenses. They can be difficult to wear though, a real torture"I suggested and stood up, offering her ny hand to pull her up. "Do you want to go read somewhere else? It's a nice place and all, but my feet are sore and all the tables are taken"
    Rick Sanchez
    Rick Sanchez
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Rick Sanchez 12/30/2015, 6:13 am

Grabbing her hand, Vicky stood up and grinned a broad smile. "Yes. It is bloody uncomfortable when you sit here for too long. Where will we go, mate?" she asked Christine.
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 12/30/2015, 6:19 am

"I usually go read at the stables but I don't know how much you'll like that. We could try the Old Titan Cabin? It's deep in the forest, so it's pretty quiet"I said as I headed to the sci-fi section to grab the Jules Varnes's book Vicky had suggested
    Rick Sanchez
    Rick Sanchez
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Rick Sanchez 12/30/2015, 6:27 am

"Shall we go? The Old Titan Cabin." Vicky asked, following Christine to the sci-fi section. "It's creepy but I can handle it." she said but her voice showed hesitant.
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 12/30/2015, 6:35 am

I frowned and turned to look at her curiously. "We could always go sit on my bunk, if you prefer it. Mist of my cabin is gone for the holidays aanyway, we'll be practically alone"
    Rick Sanchez
    Rick Sanchez
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Rick Sanchez 12/30/2015, 6:42 am

"Yeah sure, let's go." Vicky smiled, before urging the both of them to get going.

OOC: Are we gonna move to Christine's bunk in the Athena cabin?
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 12/30/2015, 7:17 am

OOC: http://www.camphalfblood.org/t10663p325-christine-s-bun <- I'll post

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 3/29/2024, 1:24 am