A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

lunchtime at tiffany's -- i think. i forget the actual title. [private]

Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female
    Number of posts : 43512
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

lunchtime at tiffany's -- i think. i forget the actual title. [private] Empty lunchtime at tiffany's -- i think. i forget the actual title. [private]

Post by Kendall 12/30/2015, 6:22 pm

It took the duo about five to ten minutes to get to the Mess Hall on foot using the direct path from the barracks, where apparently the lunch rush had already passed or was just dying out; other soldiers were coming back to the barracks and the various other facilities around the camp, back to the dull routine of the various chores their superiors thrust upon them. Thank the gods Dorian had some off-time today, he really didn't feel like doing guard duty at the tunnel or organizing and counting weapons.

As he approached, he could hear the wind nymphs buzzing around the area delivering food or taking away plates, the sound of laughter and clinking of glass and the scent of barbecue wafting from the kitchens and out the doors. His stomach rumbled. "Want to sit anywhere in particular, Gunther? The weather's looking nice, so maybe a window seat?"

[ooc: i completely forget how the mess hall for romans is set up, so if i'm wrong please correct me]
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male
    Number of posts : 4470
    Registration date : 2014-11-16

lunchtime at tiffany's -- i think. i forget the actual title. [private] Empty Re: lunchtime at tiffany's -- i think. i forget the actual title. [private]

Post by Green 12/30/2015, 7:20 pm

Gunther looked around the mess hall, noticing some of the faces in the crowd either from training or doing some other militant chore around Camp Jupiter. When asked where they wanted to sit, Gunther agreed. "Yes, the window seat looks good to me."

After making their way to the table, the son of Veritas took a seat, having a small smile on his face. Gunther gave Dorian a look over before asking, "So, what are you going to eat before the chocolate pudding?"

OOC: Your guess is as good as mine.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

lunchtime at tiffany's -- i think. i forget the actual title. [private] Empty Re: lunchtime at tiffany's -- i think. i forget the actual title. [private]

Post by Kendall 12/31/2015, 2:48 am

Dorian, sitting there in his chair with a frown of intense thought, scratched his chin as he watched nymphs whizz past them carrying plates, full of food or scraps and napkins. From what he could smell and see, it was definitely a barbecue day -- which were his favorite days of the week, even though they came fairly often. If there was one thing he could endure monotonous chores for, it was the food at the mess hall. "Maybe some grilled chicken and fries? I don't know, I could eat a pegasus right now -- I would, if Reyna and all the mounted soldiers wouldn't murder me."
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 12/31/2015, 3:07 am

Gunther nodded his head slowly. "That does sound good. Maybe I'll go for some baby back ribs and perhaps some cold slaw." He had become accustomed to American food about a month after his arrival to The States. When he found about all the artificial flavorings and the extra chromosome that was added to wheat, he barely ate anything. Then after a while he just stopped caring.

"Oh, almost forgot." Gunther reached into his pocket and put on his rainbow colored ribbon that signified LBGT+. He usually wore this on and off, depending if he'd forget it. "So, what's your color? I know that may sound odd, but I have to ask."
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 12/31/2015, 11:27 pm

Dorian frowned at the rainbow-colored button Gunther had taken out, wondering briefly why he'd even had that in the first place. What places would even hand those out? College campuses, maybe, and gay pride parades or pro-gay marriage rallies, but the legacy couldn't think of any recent ones within the area outside of New Rome and Camp Jupiter.

"Uh, well. I don't know what all the colors mean? Rainbow? Various shades of purple and blue? I've seen like ten different pride flags and I still couldn't tell you what they mean.." What other sexualities were there, besides the basic LGBT+? Asexual. Demisexual. And that was all he could recall off the top of his head. "But I am gay, if you must know."
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 1/1/2016, 12:14 am

[OOC: I actually meant for Gunther to ask what's your favorite color. That's what happens when you don't reread your post D:]

Gunther had that pendant for about two or three years now. Ever since he came out to his father about being bisexual, he's been activity involved in gay pride events outside of Camp Jupiter. Well, involved as much as a legionnaire can be.

The son of Veritas snorted. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to ask that. I meant to ask what was your favorite color. My brain went faster than what my mouth. It happens quite often." Gunther blushed some when Dorian told him that he was gay. It would be a lie to say if he said he didn't care. "I'm bisexual." Gunther scratched underneath his jaw. "...Would it be wrong for me to ask you out to dinner?" There ya go, Gunther. Put yourself out there!
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 1/4/2016, 7:07 pm

"Ah?" Dorian wasn't sure what just happened exactly, but he did know he'd only have a few moments to come up with an answer before things got really awkward. He hadn't really thought of Gunther like that before -- he was pretty decent-looking, sure, but that wasn't compelling enough for Dorian to immediately want to date him; they hardly knew each other, besides some basic information like god parent and some little tidbits about their daily lives, attitudes, whatever.

It would be nice to get to know him, though, so a date or two couldn't hurt; he could decide then if he wanted to continue on or jump ship before things felt weird. "Ah, what the hell. Sure, I'd love to go with you."
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 1/8/2016, 7:55 pm

Gunther was surprised that he actually said yes to going on a date with him. He had already thought of what to say when Dorian turned him down. I guess there was no use for that.

"Really? Awesome." The Roman shifted his weight. "So, what would you want to eat?"
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 1/11/2016, 6:16 pm

Well, that topic changed pretty fast. Dorian assumed they'd work out the finer details later -- his stomach did grumble a little as he sat pondering the menu for today, written in yellow chalk on a blackboard by the kitchen. "Barbecued ribs, fries, and Coke sounds good to me. Maybe not to all those diet programs, but whatever."
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 1/18/2016, 2:34 pm

"Oh, I meant for dinner. I should've worded that better, sorry." He shook his head. "You already told me what you wanted to eat." Gunther laughed a bit. "Uh, so yeah. How do we get their attention? The nymphs, I mean."
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 1/22/2016, 11:24 pm

"Throw rocks, maybe?" Dorian suggested wryly, watching one of said nymphs whizz past laden with a tray of dirty plates and cups. "That was mean, sorry. But it's lunch hour's end or something so I'm guessing they're still a bit busy cleaning up, they normally come right over to get your order when you show up anyway. Pretty decent service, if you ask me -- and the customers can't be rude to you, or they'll get disciplined or flung to the planet Jupiter."
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 2/26/2016, 10:02 pm

Gunther had thought he was serious at first, but he realized that he was just joking which caused him to chuckle. "No, no, you're fine. I like that type of humor." He slowly raised his hand to try to get one of the nymph's  attention. After a few seconds, one of them stopped by with a note pad. "Salve, I would like a pulled pork sandwich with cold slaw and...that's it."

OOC: I am so, so sorry. This is so late!
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 3/13/2016, 12:12 am

[ooc: it's fine lol, it's the school year and all our schedules are messed up and i'm just as guilty]

Dorian pondered a minute -- but more for dramatic effect than anything, he'd already thought this out ten times on their walk there -- before chiming in with his order as she looked to him for his answer: "And I'd like ribs and fries, please."

The nymph nodded and whizzed off almost immeditately, leaving them alone again. The legacy waited until she was definitely out of earshot before asking Gunther: "You like coleslaw? I didn't even know they served that here. Or am I that dense?"
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 3/13/2016, 5:44 pm

Gunther shrugged his shoulders. "It's good for the most part so, yeah. I do like it." He gave him a small smile before scratching the top of his head. "I kind of just hoped that they did. If they didn't, I would have just gotten fries instead. You're not too dense." Of course Gunther said this jokingly.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 3/16/2016, 7:45 pm

"Would sort of be weird if they didn't," Dorian mused aloud, drumming his fingers on the sturdy tabletop. "Come to think of it, is the kitchen run completely by the nymphs too, or do people actually have kitchen duty back there? I can't recall anyone I know ever mentioning it, unless some kids of the harvest gods like to volunteer back there instead of doing guard duty."
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 3/17/2016, 12:27 am

Gunther shrugged his shoulders. "I can honestly can say that I have no clue. I'm assuming that the nymphs run it, but if the harvest kids, or any other demigods who want to help, can." He glanced around the mess hall before turning his attention back on Dorian. "So, how long did you spend in the House of Lupa?"
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 4/3/2016, 8:58 pm

[ooc: sorry for the late response. again. as usual.]

Dorian had to think for a moment, he liked to blank out that horribly awkward time from his memory whenever possible. Lupa hadn't been a terrible wolf-person-lady to him, but he hadn't exactly liked the amount of physical exercise he'd forced himself through all those months. "I dunno -- a few months? Six? It was honestly all a blur, I was sort of an exhausted wreck for a while even after I got to camp. What about you?"
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 4/3/2016, 9:15 pm

OOC: Lol, it's cool. No worries!

Bic: Günther understood. He himself had a rough time in the House of Lupa. "Me? Well, around seven months or so. It was hard to keep track of time with all the sweat and sometimes blood in my eyes." He laughed slightly. "But it did prepare me for live here in Camp Jupiter."
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 5/10/2016, 12:37 pm

[ooc: kdheojfkrhro im so sorry]

As Dorian opened his mouth to speak again, there was the sound of clinking as the wind nymph reappeared, carrying plates of food and glasses full of various drinks on a large tray. She hummed for a moment, studying them, before putting their plates of food, cutlery, and drinks in front of them.

"Aah, perfect timing, my stomach was about to digest itself. Thank you kindly, ma'am." Gods, he really should eat more for breakfast.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 5/17/2016, 7:34 pm

OOC: Lol, no worries!

BIC: "Yes, thank you very much." He smiled up at her before he started to eating first starting with the cold slaw, moaning a bit at the taste. "This is really good. How's your food?"
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 5/27/2016, 6:14 pm

"S'good." Good thing Gunther was already eating, or else Dorian might have felt a little awkward shovelling fries down his throat at a thousand miles per hour; it was a miracle he wasn't choking already. They were crisp and maybe a bit too hot, if the slight burning sensation on his tongue was any indication that they were fresh. He swallowed, before asking him, "The slaw any good? You look like you're enjoying that."
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 6/8/2016, 4:12 pm

"It's amazing. I love the slaw. Sehr gut!" Günther chuckled a bit before putting down his fork to wipe his mouth. "Everything is always good here. I love it so much although nothing is like home cooking, you know?" The son of Veritas picked up his fork again and continued eating, this time his baby back ribs.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/19/2024, 12:34 am