A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

How The Galaxy Can Bend And Snap

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

How The Galaxy Can Bend And Snap - Page 2 Empty Re: How The Galaxy Can Bend And Snap

Post by Morgan Landry 1/5/2016, 9:41 am

"Spoken from your own extensive experience, I presume?" she muttered. Her hands were still flying over the keyboard as she typed out her thoughts quickly, going back, editing, adding points, continuing, stopping to think, resuming, etc. She was really stumped on the tori. Maybe she should send her father a message -- sure, astrophysics wasn't his main focus but maybe he could see something she didn't. Even if it was painful to admit.
    Rick Sanchez
    Rick Sanchez
    Dedicated Member

Male
    Number of posts : 1520
    Registration date : 2015-10-06

How The Galaxy Can Bend And Snap - Page 2 Empty Re: How The Galaxy Can Bend And Snap

Post by Rick Sanchez 1/5/2016, 10:32 am

"Yes it is my experience. When I duel I need strategies. But without skills and strength the battle would be lost. That's what happened." he explained his point. "And I thought I'd quoted. Seemed like the perfect time back then."

That was what the lord of sarcasm, counter-sarcasm and quotes would do.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/6/2016, 4:51 pm

She just sighed. There simply was nothing to say.

Spinning her sharpie between her fingers, she stared at the screen intensely, trying to find arguments and counter-arguments, question her theories, dig a bit deeper in her calculations. Something, somewhere, must show her the path to the right answer.
    Rick Sanchez
    Rick Sanchez
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Rick Sanchez 1/6/2016, 10:55 pm

"So, all in all, you're losing something very essential. And I guess, I'm offering it." he smiled. Then he extended his hand. Nestor always loved making new friends, and he was often persistent at it. He figured she would decline, because he has been an annoying spoilt brat ever since she came. But heh, worth the try, he thought.

"You should try having friends for a change. You will love it."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/7/2016, 6:48 am

"Has it crossed your mind that I could have some already," she finally said, completely ignoring his extended hand. Jason was a friend. More than a friend, actually. Ben was a friend -- well, half-sibling, but that counted as friend too, right? She honestly did not need more. She was happy with what she had.
    Rick Sanchez
    Rick Sanchez
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Rick Sanchez 1/7/2016, 6:57 am

Nestor shrugged and pulled his hand back. "Has it crossed your mind that having lots of friends are much much better than having only a handful of them, right?" he repeated her question, only with changes to the words. "If you continue to live like a loner, you will be a loner. Forever. And ever. And ever. And ever." he said, adding three "and ever" even after he concluded. "Come on, just tell me why do you hate others so much." Nestor asked the question again.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/7/2016, 12:15 pm

"It has crossed my mind but I rejected that theory long ago," she told him, stopping her typing to scribble something on her trousers. "Social contact is not my priority."
    Rick Sanchez
    Rick Sanchez
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Rick Sanchez 1/8/2016, 12:32 am

"Then it should!" he said, persistent. "Come on, just bloody tell me what is wrong with you!" Nestor's tone was starting to get somewhat rude. Before she could reply, he realized that he raised his tone. "Sorry." he apologized. "Raised my tone." Somewhere deep inside, the son of Athena felt a fragment of guiltiness.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/8/2016, 6:02 am

Victoria looked up, her hematite-gray eyes were flashing. "Why should something be wrong with me?" she asked. All these people out there indulged in social practices, having friends, letting them in, allowing them to rub off on them. Social interaction has an influence. She didn't want to be influenced, and if so, only by people of her choosing.
    Rick Sanchez
    Rick Sanchez
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Rick Sanchez 1/8/2016, 6:33 am

"It is obvious that something is wrong." Nestor continued. "Why won't you allow me to help you?!" Nestor's tone was raised again. "Why do you shut everything out!?" Don't get him wrong, though. He was simply trying very terribly to find a way to help her with her problems. To a point where he lost his patience. That was something he would never forgive himself. But when it happens, he isn't even aware that he was losing control.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/8/2016, 6:40 am

Victoria looked at him neutrally, though that was a mask for her intense irritation. "Why does it have to be me? Maybe the person who's in the wrong here, is you." Putting her pen over her ear, she allowed her hands to resume their typing while she stared at Nestor.
    Rick Sanchez
    Rick Sanchez
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Rick Sanchez 1/8/2016, 7:03 am

Nestor froze. He had problems? He sat down with his back against the wall, opposite of her. What had he done? He lost his temper again. It always made him feel guilty. Nestor pulled his knees to his chest, his head lowered. Maybe she was right. Maybe he did have problems, not her. From being extremely noisy he was reduced to utter silence. Nestor didn't want to look up right now. It hurted him upon the realization he was being the antagonist.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/8/2016, 7:37 am

Seeing him sit down, she enjoyed the ensuing quiet, totally oblivious to his distress. Focusing on her screen, the only sounds that could be heard for the next minutes were her pressing the glowing green keys of her board.
    Rick Sanchez
    Rick Sanchez
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Rick Sanchez 1/8/2016, 9:55 am

"Why would I even be here...you truly are uncaring." he muttered, breaking the silence. A tiny tear slithered, made it's way down his cheek. Nestor was somewhat sentimenal. Everybody has a snapping point. He moved his finger to wipe off the tears. But he didn't want to leave. If he leave, then where would he go? He had nowhere to go.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/8/2016, 10:15 am

She looked up. "I do care about some things. I just try to keep the number of those things as little as possible." Victoria sighed and brushed her messy hair into a ponytail. "Caring is not an advantage, little brother."
    Rick Sanchez
    Rick Sanchez
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Rick Sanchez 1/8/2016, 10:26 am

"I am not your little brother." he muttered. "And it is an advantage." Finally Nestor looked up, and his eyes were reddened. His skin looked dried. Nestor's secret sobbing made it happen. He wiped the tears off before he looked up at her. "Caring gives you reputation."

He took a moment to peer at her laptop. "You need to know other things beside your studying. You need to learn how to socialize with others aside from astrophysics, astronomy and the boson of Higgs."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/8/2016, 10:43 am

"A reputation?" For the first time tonight, she laughed. "And tell me exactly, why should I care about having a reputation?" Her laugh diminished into an ironic smile. "Do you think any of you are important to me, apart from the three people I actually care about? Yes this camp is essential to my survival but that doesn't mean I need to bother myself with every single other person here." She shrugged. "I'm not saying you're not important. I'm sure all of you are. Just… not to me."
    Rick Sanchez
    Rick Sanchez
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Rick Sanchez 1/8/2016, 10:50 am

"No, I don't think you believe we're important. I don't think you believe any of us matter. We're just a tiny dot in your entire brain full of knowledge, are we? Aside from your three friends, we are nothing. Nothing from your point of view." Nestor snarled. "We are only something that gets in your way, your precious research." he continued. His voice was cruel, but he guessed it would be futile. The offense might repel off her with no effort.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/8/2016, 10:54 am

"Pretty much." Victoria was thoughtfully chewing on her pen, staring at her screen. Now. How could she prove that these two theories were related? Surely there was something in there…
    Rick Sanchez
    Rick Sanchez
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Rick Sanchez 1/8/2016, 11:18 am

"I stand corrected." he murmured. She had started to chew her pen, brainstorming. Welp, was it his problem?

No. Maybe.

Nestor pulled himself to sit next to her again. His eyes fixed on the screen. "What are you studying?" he asked, peering at the screen.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/8/2016, 1:03 pm

"Use your intellect," she told him. "You were bragging about it five minutes ago."

God, was he never going to leave her alone? This guy was worse than cabin #9's super glue! She wondered why he cared so much about this, about her not liking social contact. Was it really that hard to imagine?
    Rick Sanchez
    Rick Sanchez
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Rick Sanchez 1/9/2016, 1:18 am

"You got the wrong idea. And, every knowledge needs a foundation. Otherwise it would be useless. I cannot use it once I know where to start from." he said, his voice earlier, from annoying and irritating, had started to turn cold and meaningless like hers. Perhaps it infected him. Meh, not his real problem.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/9/2016, 2:56 am

"Yeah, yeah," Victoria mumbled, clearly not interested in what he was saying. The girl was spinning her sharpie between her fingers, squinting at a point right above her screen, her mouth half-open as a calculation developed in her mind. When she had solved it, she quickly typed the answer into her notes sheet, switching every now and then between that and the pictures. With her smart lenses she could change from normal to IR to UV with the bat of an eyelid.
    Rick Sanchez
    Rick Sanchez
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Rick Sanchez 1/9/2016, 5:07 am

"Right. If something inside there that actually cares, then know that I'm sticking around instead of leaving, it's because I care. I care of others. I tend to help them. Unlike you." he said coldly, continuing to peer at the screen, trying to figure out what she was doing.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/9/2016, 5:39 am

"I don't need your help. Does it look like I do?" Now she was starting to get angry -- despite her emotional coldness and her difficulty to express sensations, her eyes were narrowing threateningly.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 3/28/2024, 9:55 pm