A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Don't cry, craft

Queene247

Female
    Number of posts : 40
    Registration date : 2015-12-07

Don't cry, craft Empty Don't cry, craft

Post by Queene247 1/10/2016, 7:10 pm

Serena sat down at the scuffed up table. She laid out her notebook and rolled her fingers across the paintbrushes lined up. beside her. Reaching behind the paintbrushes and paint to the pens. A large array of colors at her fingers. Serena Ignored the bright pinks, and dark blues, She went straight for a black ballpoint pen. It moved up and down on the page as if to its own accord sketches and words alike. Serena didn't know how much of it made sense but she let her mom move her hand. After she was happy with the black outline she reached for the watercolors. Intent on watching the way the colors swirled under the brush. Bringing bits of her poetry into color.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Don't cry, craft Empty Re: Don't cry, craft

Post by Morgan Landry 1/11/2016, 4:16 am

Arian walked into the Arts and Crafts building, her sculpting box under her arm. She was wearing a small pair of aztec shorts in red, yellow and gold with a simple white top, her glossy brown hair streaked with fruity orange. She took her sunglasses off and walked over to a piece covered by a blanket, which she swept off, revealing a half-finished sculpture of a dancing woman. It was Terpsichore, the Muse of dance, her head thrown back and her arms elegantly spread, her body twisting to an imaginary music.

Despite the early afternoon hour, Arian wasn't alone. There was another girl, maybe two years younger than her, with dark brown hair and an athletic figure, whose brushes stroked and the caressed the paper in a whirlwind of colors.

"Hey there," Arian smiled as she took her chisel out of her box. "Serena, right?" Being one of the populars, she made it a point to know who every one was and in which cabin they were. If she remembered right, Serena was in the Other Gods cabin, the daughter of Clio.

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 1/12/2016, 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Queene247

Female

Post by Queene247 1/11/2016, 11:21 am

Serena jumped a little almost smearing the paints. The Arts and Crafts area was usually empty at this time, and she had been so intent on her work she hadn't noticed. She turned her head to see who was talking. A friendly looking girl wearing Aztec shorts was talking to her. She was in front of a partially finished sculpture, of a dancing lady. It could possibly one of Serena's aunts. Then again anyone doing anyone of the arts could be her aunt.

Serena rubbed a piece of hair inbetween her fingers, staring at the sculpture. If there was one thing Serena had it was an appreciation for the arts.

Serena realized she hadn't answered. "Oh um, hello," She shifted her legs under the table to the side of her chair so she was facing towards her. " Yeah, It's Serena. Sorry I don't know who you are."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/11/2016, 11:28 am

"That's alright," she said with a laugh. "I'm Arian Firenze, one of the Apollos." She had a lilting Italian accent when she talked, and a cheerful laugh. Her smile dug dimples into her cheeks. "Do you come often here? I think this is the first time I see you."
    Queene247

Female

Post by Queene247 1/11/2016, 11:45 am

Serena couldn't help but smile a little. Arian had one of the most genuine smiles she had seen in a while, as well as an accent.

"No, not really. Every now and then I'll pop in to use some watercolors." She tilts her head towards the sculpture. "By the looks of it you come here a little more often then me."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/11/2016, 12:01 pm

"Oh, yes. Whenever I got some free time and my friends have lessons, I'm either here or in the music room." Her blue eyes gleamed as she took in the watercolors. "That looks really beautiful, do you mind if I take a look?" Arian meant it. She knew how annoying it was when someone peered over your shoulder, trying to innocently catch a glimpse of what you were drawing. And maybe Serena didn't want to share yet, which she would totally respect.
    Queene247

Female

Post by Queene247 1/11/2016, 1:25 pm

Serena looked down at her page. It was a mess. Her thoughts put down on paper. She'd titled this one International Thoughts. Sticking with blue, yellow, and brown hues. Bits of red and green mixed in. words and little doodles mixed together. It wasn't some of her best work Serena had done and it wasn't anything to compare to Arian's statue. She wasn't ashamed of it though.

"Sure. It's a bit random, and I don't think it all fits together." She leaned back to give a better view.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/11/2016, 2:39 pm

Arian's eyes took in the colors, the words, the swirls and abstract designs. It was very poetic, almost hypnotic. "This is gorgeous," she said. "I can't read quite well, damn my dyslexia, but this is really great. Can't wait to see the finished piece!"

On her side, Arian did some watercolors too but she was more into oil paintings and digital art. She had a Tumblr and a DeviantArt and liked to take requests, for free. She especially loved doing crossovers: Frozen and How To Train Your Dragon, Rapunzel and the Avengers, etc. She had a ton of followers.
    Turning back to her statue, she took her tools out and started carving the fingers. Defining and polishing the nails was tedious, and the shape and position of the fingers were a little tricky, but Arian would always take her own hands as models whenever she was in doubt. She carved out the delicate wrists and added a little roundness the arms before defining it as muscle, giving her statue the toned body of a ballet dancer.

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 1/12/2016, 6:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Queene247

Female

Post by Queene247 1/12/2016, 1:13 pm

Serena sat and "worked" on her watercolors. She was somewhat mesmerized by Arian's carving abilities, and was having trouble focusing. Arian was working on the hands, and Serena's eyes could not peel away. The way a few chips created a nail, a few more a finger. Some attention to the wrist then the arm. Serena sculpted, but with clay. A few mediocre attempts at making some of her drawings 3D.

"Are you carving anyone it particular?" Serena asked.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/12/2016, 4:42 pm

Arian whirled around with a cheerful smile. "Yes, Terpsichore. Your aunt." She turned back to study her sculpture. "People always picture her sitting down, so I started this project. Terpsichore actually dancing." Arian laughed again and resumed her work. "I wonder what she'd think if she saw," she said, white stone chips falling to her feet. She was silent for several minutes, working on the details of the corset, intertwining pearls and delicate lace, retracing the embroidery. You had to be very careful with the little stuff, one bad move from her chisel and it'd be broken.

"So, where are you from?" she asked Serena as she kept up her work.
    Queene247

Female

Post by Queene247 1/12/2016, 11:24 pm

"Austin, Texas." Serena dropped into a southern drawal "The capital the Lone star state." She fiddled with the brush in her hand, rolling it in her hand. Watching the colors flick onto her paper. "What about you?"

Serena was incredibly curious where her cute accent was from.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/13/2016, 3:46 am

"South Italy," she smiled. "Naples to be precise. Crazy città." Naples was chaotic and polluted, filled with nutjobs on motorbikes, but to Arian it was home. Colorful and electrifying, with a hot sun and a sea that glittered like jewels -- and let's not forget the Italian gelato. But back to Serena. "When did you arrive here?"
    Queene247

Female

Post by Queene247 1/13/2016, 11:52 am

Naples. That's a long ways away, Serena thought. "About two years ago." Serena fidgeted with The button on her sweater. Life before camp half blood had been nice. Thinking about it only made her wonder what it would be like if she was still there. "What about you?"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/17/2016, 5:24 am

Arian fiddled with her beaded necklace. "This is my fifth summer. I came here when I was twelve." She studied Serena again. "It's funny we never really talked before. I mean, I always saw you here and there but we rarely had lessons together and we just...slid past each other all the time," she chuckled. Her chisel found the marble again and she resumed her sculpture. "I actually make it a point to get to know as many people as I can, so, my bad on this one."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 3/28/2024, 5:19 am