A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Something something library joke (private)

Gotenks

Male
    Number of posts : 814
    Registration date : 2015-03-01

Something something library joke  (private) Empty Something something library joke (private)

Post by Gotenks 1/20/2016, 1:13 pm

Have l mentioned before that George is pretty much obsessed with his reading? Even though he was dyslexic -and a pretty bad case of dyslexia, mind you- he didn't use it as an excuse for his inability to read and tried -key word: tried- to overcome it. Which sometimes made him think he was a masochist, since the whole process made him really, really furstrated because dammit, reading washard. Which made the library one of the few places George visited really often. He had picked up the Harry Potter series -due to it having been suggested to him by the awkward daughter of Hecate. So, having finished the first book of the series, he was here to borrow the second. He was dressed in his typical camp t-shirt and jeans and was trying to read the titles written on the books.
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male
    Number of posts : 1193
    Registration date : 2015-08-05

Something something library joke  (private) Empty Re: Something something library joke (private)

Post by redline2400 1/20/2016, 3:07 pm

In the similar manner of dyslexia overcoming futility, Ryan was in the library, reading some random book he pulled off the "realistic fiction" (or at least he thought that's what it said) shelf. It was a small, red book, with a submarine on the cover - Red Storm Rising (OOC: I think that's what the cover of the book was) by Tom Clancy. Now Ryan here - he was struggling. Small words plus hardcore dyslexia equals the neurological equivalent of walking on razor sharp metal Legos in bare feet, and he was still trying to get through the first chapter. As a result, he wasn't very cognizant of his surroundings.
    Gotenks

Male

Something something library joke  (private) Empty Re: Something something library joke (private)

Post by Gotenks 1/20/2016, 3:23 pm

George had managed not to find the book for a fairly long time. When he finally found it, he basically started reading it on the spot, while going through other sections of the library in case he found any other notworthy books, hoping not to crash on anyone, before realising he shouldn't multitask that way and stop reading the book (I think this sentence wins an 'unecessary lengrh' award or something of the sort.). As he did, he saw that Ares kid he had met at the Arena a while ago and ended up having a pretty weird conversation with and then getting into a fight. Which, in his standards, qualified close to a friend. So, uh... let's socialize? "Hey t-there." he said, coherently enough though still quietly.
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 1/20/2016, 5:05 pm

After what felt like several hours 30 minutes, if even that, Ryan finally trudged trough the muddled crap of broken and rearranged english to finally be able to say he completed the first chapter. Yippee. And then he heard the quiet stutter of the only person he's actually done something less-than-called-for to. Feeling quite chipper due to his victory over genetics, Ryan decided to reply, setting down his book to do so. "Hey."
    Gotenks

Male

Post by Gotenks 1/21/2016, 8:22 am

OOC: I searched and searched but l can't understand what 'less-than-called-for to' means.

BIC: Ryan in general seemed content, as if he'd done something to feel good about himself. Well, l guess l am here to ruin his day, George thought. "H-how are you, 'bro'?" he asked, the word 'bro' said in kind of an odd way, since he hadn't referred with that term to anyone before. He was trying to sound sincere though. Besides, Ryan -other than an outburst of rage that George had caused- had been pretty good to him in their meeting, so let's try to be as normal as possible.
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 1/21/2016, 9:42 pm

OOC: I was referring to Ryan's outburst, claiming it to be uncalled for.

IC: 'Bro'...One awkward meeting and he's bro now. Maybe, Ryan jokingly thought, he should loose his cool more often. "Oh I'm just fine, homeslice. And how are you doing?"
    Gotenks

Male

Post by Gotenks 1/22/2016, 3:54 pm

OOC: Ohhhh *facepalm* yeah, got it.

IC: So, Ryan replied back friendly. Well then, that was, uh... probably good? Well, it did mean that he would continue socializing with the Ares kid so... probably wasn't too bad, right? "Oh, uh... l-l'm alright." George replied. "Um... what's t-that you're reading?" Yeah, that was a semi-decent discussion opener, right?
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 1/28/2016, 9:21 pm

"This?" Ryan said curiously. "This is just a razor blade to the everything. Red Storm Rising by Tom Clancy. Small pages, small text, long words, basically torture. Want to give it a go?"
    Gotenks

Male

Post by Gotenks 1/29/2016, 5:56 pm

George smiled -surprisingly genuinely. "G-glad to see l am n-not the only one who reads t-to be tormented. I think l'll pass though. Got this Harry Potter series thing to go through. I... l will assume you know of it. Everyone seems to know of it." he said, and then go surprised by being more at ease and not stuttering for a -mindblowing- three sentences.
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 1/30/2016, 8:01 am

"Yeah, I've heard of it. Never was much of a fan though."
    Gotenks

Male

Post by Gotenks 2/5/2016, 7:14 pm

OOC: Sorry things got kinda busy

BIC: "Oh, uh... alright t-then. S-sorry if l b-bothered you, carry on." George said and turned to leave Ryan.

OOC 2, the reckoning: The thing is, Ryan can keep this going if he so pleases. It was just the 'George' thing to do.
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 2/8/2016, 10:34 pm

OOC: Ok. I'll be honest, I was inches away from dropping a sort of meta-reference or something by referring to the original PJO series, but I don't know how that works here. I know that the Kane series is done essentially as a kind of transcript and the PJO series was like a published imterview, but IDK if the stories being published is site cannon.

BIC: Ryan looked at George with an awkward look. "Um...did I do something wrong or something?"
    Gotenks

Male

Post by Gotenks 2/14/2016, 3:51 pm

OOC: That... l think that the story being published isn't a thing. By the way, really sorry for the lateness.

BIC: George stopped in his tracks. "Uh... no. W-what could you have done?" Absolutely nothing. George was just being a nuisance to him. Or just there was nothing to say.
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 2/14/2016, 9:45 pm

"That just happens to be what I'm trying to figure out." A few ideas as to how to get an answer out of George ran through Ryan's head. He could intimate him by pulling a sword on the guy, but that's just like using a flyswatter on a butterfly. He could try getting George drunk, but there was no flask nor legal access to alcohol, both in their ages and physical location. So Ryan just settle on asking "So what's the fire you have to get to? Got a hot date or something and trying to keep it a secret?"
    Gotenks

Male

Post by Gotenks 2/16/2016, 4:07 pm

George gave him a blank stare. He was most probably joking, George was sure that Ryan knew he didn't have the communication skills to have friends, let alone a 'hot date.' But George digressed. 'As far as l'm c-concerned you h-haven't done a-anything wrong.' l am just too... me. he thought.
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 2/16/2016, 4:14 pm

Ryan shrugged at George's response, still trying to figure out what was going on. "Then do you have somewhere to go to?"
    Gotenks

Male

Post by Gotenks 2/16/2016, 4:22 pm

Alright. Let's not be weird. George thought. "Uh... n-not really, l mean, l already w-went to the Arena so... l d-don't have anything to do. I l-legitimately thought l w-would be bothering you or s-something."
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 2/16/2016, 7:14 pm

The response left a puzzled look on Ryan's face. "What made you think that?"
    Gotenks

Male

Post by Gotenks 2/17/2016, 2:43 pm

George shrugged. "W-why wouldn't l? I-it's not like l t-talk to people o-often."
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 2/17/2016, 9:52 pm

"Because I didn't tell you to leave or screw off or anything? And I didn't make a conscious effort to ignore you or anything?"
    Gotenks

Male

Post by Gotenks 2/20/2016, 4:14 pm

It was at this moment that George's barrier was about to shatter. And that's because he realised that his logic was faulty. Which was usually the only thing that kept him from emotional breakdown. But this time he decided to calm himself... as much as possible. "Y-you're right... sorry... l-l overreacted. As... as usual. Uh... yeah. I-it's just that l d-disrupted you from reading and our... our last m-meetup didn't go a-all too well."
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 2/21/2016, 12:05 am

It was at this point that the son of Ares was so confused by George's logic and actions that his head was literally starting to tilt to the left a bit. Like, a millimeter or two. Thinking that the kid's behavior was the result of some sort of mental scarring, Ryan asked "What did my cabin do to you George?"
    Gotenks

Male

Post by Gotenks 2/22/2016, 3:59 pm

George wanted to start laughing. Yeah, the problem was the Ares cabin. Bingo! Here's your high-five. Ugh, no. That would involve physical contact. No, no. The problem was George. His whole existence was flawed, possibly purposeless. He was a dumb Athena kid. Well, not really 'dumb' but... oh well. "Um... th-the Ares kids? As far as l'm concerned, nothing except the 'push the new kid's head into the toilet' welcome commitee. W-why did you come into that conclusion?"
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 2/22/2016, 4:13 pm

OOC: Totally out of his character, but I actually want to RP the whole "head in the toilet" hazing thing with Ryan XD

BIC: "I don't really know, but you do seem to act like you're hazed day in and day out."
    Gotenks

Male

Post by Gotenks 2/22/2016, 4:26 pm

OOC: I'll be sure to have my next character volunteer as tribute.

BIC: 'I don't know, but you do seem like you're hazed day in and day out.' You don't say... um... no. No reason to be angry at Ryan. He -for some reason- just tried to make things work. "Um... y-yeah.... n-no. Th-the problem is nothing about Camp. I love the place. M-my time here has been the best of my life." Had he already said too much? Probably.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 3/28/2024, 1:57 pm