A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Smoothies and fountains (private)

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Smoothies and fountains (private) Empty Smoothies and fountains (private)

Post by Morgan Landry 5/10/2016, 7:06 am

Cameron was sitting in the Forum Romanum, enjoying a smoothie on one of the benches. She was on permission, but instead of going to San Francisco like she normally did, she had decided to just take a day to chill out in New Rome, just to enjoy the peace and quiet of the good old city. The forum was not too busy today, only a dozen people here and there, plus the purple glow of lares. Cameron put her shades down on her nose and placed an arm on the back of the bench, tilting her head back to enjoy the sunlight on her face. She was dressed in a loose olive top and cargo pants, a camouflage cap on her short white hair. Her headphones hung around her neck, and she stuck one into her ear, taking another mouthful of her smoothie.
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male
    Number of posts : 1193
    Registration date : 2015-08-05

Smoothies and fountains (private) Empty Re: Smoothies and fountains (private)

Post by redline2400 5/10/2016, 7:35 am

When you're in the legion, there isn't that much time off. Like, you do get those free hours here and there, plus the barrack leaders do get a bit sympathetic at times (though very rarely), but having a full-out legit free day? Unheard of.

Unless you were on your annual leave of absence (OOC: IDK if this was ever a thing, but it is now). Basically, it was two weeks out of the 52 the year had for you to just go be you. You go anywhere, do anything, just be as close normal teen as you could. You just had be back the moment the two weeks were up.

So today, I was about halfway through with the second week, and had decided to head home because f*** Grand Rapids a bit early and spend a week getting to know the city I was defending. Being one of the few tangible things that existed out of supernatural world of gods and monsters, I decided it might be best to take the week and uncover everything there was to know about that little slice of antiquity.

While down on the forum, I happened to come across the sight of someone who, at the time at least, looked like some little millennial angel. Very casual clothing, camo hat, drinking a smoothie, single earbud in... She was so eye catching, it's almost like I didn't realize I was staring at her, leaning against some building's column.

OOC: Dean's attire: Light blue light sweatshirt (hooded), blue jeans, black skate shoes (although the rubber parts are white). Let's have some fun with this.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/10/2016, 8:17 am

After a while, Cameron uncrossed her legs and stood up, tossing her empty smoothie cup into a nearby bin. Being ADHD had its perks on the battlefield, but it was not as useful in most of everyday life situations -- for example, when you were trying to relax. She walked over to one of the fountains and washed her hands before turning around, shaking the droplets off. Cam was about to head off to a random walk through town when she saw a guy in a blue hoodie looking over at her, which immediately made her tense up in her inner. Though she did look relaxed on the outside, she was vigilant. Was this some probatio she didn't know of? Or worse... a Graecus? But as she started walking in his general direction, she recognized the the black hair and hazel eyes of Dean, nicknamed Fidelis. Oh, relief. It was someone from the Legion.

"What's up."
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 5/10/2016, 9:46 am

It wasn't like I expected to know who the smoothie-drinking beauty was, and there was a moment of shock when she turned around. It was Cam? From the 2nd? Who knew that she'd be the one to catch my eye.

And then she started coming towards me, another momentary shock. People don't normally approach staring teens - not that I know from much experience, it just seems like a common sense kind of things to not approach those kinds of people. But Cam was quickly approaching, and already initiated a conversation. Might as well just play it cool.

"Nothin' much Cam. Hows you be?"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/10/2016, 10:07 am

"Just chilling." She then smiled, but her tone was a little tense, like a tiger starting to purr. "Why were you staring?" Back when she was a kid at school, staring had always bothered her. It felt like people were sizing her up, deciding whether or not they could beat her. Trying to find flaws. It made her feel threatened. And she didn't like that feeling at all.
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 5/10/2016, 10:35 am

S***. That is what was going through my head at the time; Oh s***. You wouldn't expect those kind of words to be thought when talking with a girl who's mother was essentially peace personified, but I did. And I can assure you it wasn't just because I liked her.

"Why was I staring?" I replied, trying to keep a calm tone to my voice. In the split seconds that followed, I had to decided whether or not to feign an excuse or just tell the honest truth. In the end, morality prevailed, and maybe to my disadvantage. "Well, you just happened to catch my eye today; which is saying something after I've crawled about half of neo-antiquity and seen many impressive things."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/10/2016, 11:06 am

Cam sized him up, then decided to leave it at that. No immediate threat.

"Are you on permission too?" she asked, starting to walk over to the colonnades, sliding her hands into her pockets. Others would probably find it too hot to be wearing dark colours and long pants, but she was from Arizona. She was accustomed to high temperatures.
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 5/10/2016, 11:26 am

"Yeah, 'bout half a week left though." I didn't move from the column, merely following Cam with my eyes. "How much time do you have left?"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/10/2016, 12:25 pm

"Just a week. I went back home for a bit, but it's nicer here." With one sweeping hand gesture, she encompassed the Forum. The marble columns shining white and golden in the sunlight, topped by gleaming statues, the fountains singing, the rolling colonnades and massive porticoes... This was home. This was what she was defending.

She jerked her head at one of the shops. "I'm gonna get another smoothie," she said, making a denarius hop around in her hand. "Fancy one?"
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 5/10/2016, 12:30 pm

"Yeah, I get what you mean there." What legionnaire wouldn't call Camp their home, even if they weren't born in the confines of it? After training and the whole time as a probatio, you kinda start to identify with the marble buildings and rolling fields. The hills, the camp, the city; this was my home now, and Michigan was nothing more than a flyover state.

"Sure, I'll take one. Lead the way Cam."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/10/2016, 3:54 pm

"Hey, I'll have one apple-kiwi smoothie please," Cameron told the shopkeeper after queueing up. This was one of her favourite spots in New Rome to get a drink: not too pricey, and top quality.
    Turning back to Dean with a smile, she took a sip of the cold drink through the straw. "We actually never really talked. You're in the 4th, right?"
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 5/10/2016, 4:24 pm

"Third, actually." I'm pretty sure there were people here who would get offended by that comment; the idea that they were in some "lower" cohort. Truth be told, Cam probably would've been right had Tiberia not vouched for my placement in the third.

Since Cam put her order in, I stepped up to place mine. Not savvy with the whole barista lingo thing, I just rattled of the first three fruits that came to mind. "I'll take a strawberry-banana-pineapple smoothie please."

...I think I'm going to have to burn my man card after saying that.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 3/28/2024, 8:38 am