A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Civil War (private)

redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male
    Number of posts : 1193
    Registration date : 2015-08-05

Civil War (private) - Page 2 Empty Re: Civil War (private)

Post by redline2400 5/16/2016, 9:44 am

"Bro," replied the first hipster, the one ironically wearing duct tape and dress shoes, "do you even like chill fam?"

I switched back to English to communicate with the ironic moron. "What the f*ck is that supposed to mean?"

OOC: Sorry for the short reply.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Post by Morgan Landry 5/16/2016, 9:57 am

"I'm not your bro, buddy," she said with palpable sarcasm, uncrossing her arms to slowly crack her knuckles.

"Alright, calm down," the other hipster said, standing up straight. "We didn't do anything to you."

"Yet," Cameron added.

In the flickering streetlight, she couldn't see exactly what they were up to. Maybe they had hidden knives in their clothing. Maybe they were serial killers. In any case, they were a threat.
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 5/16/2016, 10:26 am

"Look bro, just chill bro. We're just standing here fam, doing nothing."

"No, you're just standing there." I replied, being a total smarta**. They were hipsters, what's the worst they could do?
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/16/2016, 11:16 am

Cameron looked them up and down.

"Look, why don't you two just keep walking?" One of them suggested.

"Right, so you can shoot me in the back," she said. "Seems legit."
    "What the hell are you on?"

"What the hell are you on?"

The argument escalated, getting more and more heated as Cam started tossing in insults and provocations. Soon the first punch flew and she put her hand on her reddening cheek.

The daughter of Pax straightened back up. Spat out something red. "Knew it," she mouthed, and slammed a kick into the first guy's ribs.
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 5/16/2016, 11:27 am

"AGH!" cried out the hipster. "You crazy f*cking b*tch!" He took a swing at Cameron, most likely out of revenge for the very un-ironic punch to his gut.

I on the other hand wasn't about to stand and watch. I had Darcy on me, but she was about as useless as a sack of potatoes right now. I looked around, spotting a two foot long plank of wood, deciding that that would be a good weapon for the time being. Wasting no time, I darted over to it like some moth to a lightbulb at midnight, making sure I got the 2x4 before hipster #2 could use it to their advantage.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/16/2016, 2:16 pm

Cameron blocked and armlocked him, beginning to send her knee repeatedly into his ribs whilst keeping one arm out to ward off his second fist.
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 5/16/2016, 2:47 pm

The hipster was being totally rekt - and that's not even an ironic "rekt". He was just being devistated by Cam. He did have a free hand, but the guy seemed to be struggling just to breath - a byproduct of his lack of care towards physical strength. (I looked it up, hipsters hate working out apparently.)

The 2x4 was mine, and I quickly rushed over to the second hipster, swinging the plank right at them.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/16/2016, 2:53 pm

The fight was over in a few minutes. Cameron dropped her guy on the pavement and resumed her stroll.

"You good, Fidelis?"
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 5/16/2016, 3:05 pm

After whacking some hipster to the ground (i think he's concussed), I stopped to catch my breath before Cam decided to keep on walking. Because the armed hipsters taught her nothing about nighttime in the city...

"Yeah," I said, sprinting to catch up with her; "I'm fine. You?"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/16/2016, 3:11 pm

"Knew they were shady." She tapped her nose. "It's instinct, I'm telling you. They probably are Illuminatis for all you know."

Cameron was totally into conspiracy theories. Guy Fawkes, Illuminati, Snow White, MK Ultra, you name it. She did a lot of research whenever she had some free time and loved talking about them to a lot of people.
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 5/16/2016, 3:14 pm

"Illuminatis?" You've got to be kidding me. "Cameron, you're the daughter of a goddess, pretty much fighting the ultimate shadow war, and know every secret that the world would kill to know, and you still believe in the Illuminati?"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/16/2016, 3:25 pm

"You don't?" She looked over at him. "Okay, for one, it is proven that the Illuminati actually existed. Like, there are physical records. I know a lot of people don't believe it, but hear me out on this one." She started counting up her points, giving arguments and references to everything she had read about the Illuminati, admitting the weak points and stressing the strong ones. She just kept spitting out fact after fact, telling him some little anecdotes on top. "... And this is why I really do believe the Illuminati are a thing," she finished.

OOC: Sorry for the skip but a) I don't have the time to research the Illuminati in depth right now, 2) the post just flows better this way, c) Cameron being paranoid because of her parentage, it perfectly fits that she's into conspiracy theories.
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 5/16/2016, 3:34 pm

It was about four blocks later that Cam decided to step down from her soapbox, giving me a chance to retort. "Cam, I get that Pax is your mom, but that doesn't mean believing Denver International Airport is a stronghold for the Illuminati or interpreting the Latin on a dollar bill - Latin I can assure you know how to read - to mean that there is a one-world shadow government is sane thought. Cam, you're being irrational again."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/16/2016, 3:37 pm

"Alright. Why doesn't it make sense according to you?" She came to a stop and crossed her arms, ready to hear whatever he had to say.
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 5/16/2016, 8:12 pm

Seriously Cam? Seriously?

Regardless, I stopped and leaned against at wall, folding my arms and prepared myself to spit fire at her paper-thin theories. "Alright. Where do you want me to start?"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/17/2016, 3:22 pm

"Just shoot whatever you got," Cameron shrugged. This wasn't the first time she dealt with someone who didn't believe the big theories of secret societies and elite governments Cam loved to talk about so much. Actually, Dean and her had had their fair share of arguments on that topic.
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 5/17/2016, 8:33 pm

"Alright, let's start with why they wouldn't use an airport as their base of operations."

And thus began a long discussion, a long lesson, a long lecture in sanity. Rationalizing the irrational, correcting the logical errors of Cameron's naturally troubled mind. Of course, it was the same facts as always, so they probably had little effect on her adamant paranoia. I wrapped up a few blocks down, climbing one of San Francisco's famous hills. "So, do you now see why you don't have to live in fear of some 'spooky G-men Illuminati' one world government?"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/18/2016, 4:50 am

"I think you're wrong. All those things you said -- well most of them -- I've heard before, and here's the thing."

Their argument lasted for a good bit; Cameron stayed calm and collected and never raised her tone once as she explained her view. She knew convincing Dean that the Illuminati existed was pretty much impossible, but she had to try, for his own sake.

Finally, they made it back to the car. Cameron switched through the different radio stations until she found one that played hip hop and rap, then rolled her window down and enjoyed the crisp night air running through her hair.
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 5/18/2016, 5:27 am

As we returned to the car, Cam had given me her closing words on the debate between sanity and Illuminati. "Whatever you say Cam. Just make sure the tinfoil hat you're wearing doesn't cut you." I said while climbing into the '05 Ford hatchback, painted red with a small "SPQR" window decal on the back. Although it was unspoken, we were both getting tired and decided to head back to camp.

As the car was running and we were finding our way back to the highway, Cam was flipping through the stations on the radio, finally settling on some rap station - a modern rap one no less. Rap to me is a very on-off genre, and nothing that was playing hit my "on" radar, so I just hit the first preset I had and went from modern hip hop to classic hard rock. AC/DC flooded the car's stereo system, the bagpipes and SG of "It's a long way to the top" replacing the sounds of computer generated backing beats and monotone words spat out like some hyperactive centurion was giving orders.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/19/2016, 7:40 am

Cameron enjoyed hard rock but wasn't a top fan of it. Nonetheless she bobbed her head to it -- it reminded her of home, it was the kind of music her father would listen to when driving across Arizona to see her grandparents.
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 5/19/2016, 8:32 am

Despite the song being what was considered "hard rock" (a genre who's name I never understood, simply because I don't view it as "hard" but rather everything else that's rock "softer"), the station played "Hotel California" when AC/DC ceased to play their guitars and (thankfully) bagpipes. I didn't mind the change - The Eagles were a talented group of individuals and the song was a bonafide classic - but I was just waiting for Cam to hit some random preset key looking for something at a faster pace. She didn't seem like the kind of person to like mid-tempo, but I'd be open for a surprise.

As we left the city and got back on the highway, I opened my mouth and began to think out loud. "Hey, when you asked about using any other weapon, you weren't just talking about Roman-origin ones, right?"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/19/2016, 10:09 am

"Of course not," Cameron said. "Anything you can think of. Claw hammers aren't necessarily of Roman origin, and neither are baseball bats." She grinned like a cat. "Baseball bat would be my other choice -- imagine one in imperial gold!"

She had a chrome one back home, right next to her bed. She loved it.
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 5/19/2016, 10:51 am

"If I was using a baseball bat, I'd go for a wood one with imperial gold nails in it." That made me laugh from how morbid it was. "Imagine that! Just showing up to battle and everyone has swords and spears and then there's you with the f***ing torture device!" Why was I laughing at this? Why?! That is actually horrible, and in more ways than one!

But I calmed down after a few seconds, so I was able to deliver my actual decision. "Yeah... Anyway, I'd probably go with a tomahawk or something. They seem pretty bada** and can be used as a tool too, so, yeah, I'd use a tomahawk."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/19/2016, 11:33 am

"So a mace, basically," Cameron said, though she did grin at his description. Yeah, it'd be a pretty great entry to just whip out something like that in the middle of a battlefield.

A tomahawk? Pluto yeah. "That's a good choice, actually," she commented. Tomahawks were great for chopping, hooking and cutting -- none of which were Roman techniques, mind you, but still a good choice.
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 5/19/2016, 11:43 am

"Thanks." There was more to the decision - geographical and historical influences, size and weight, different techniques required - but that probably would've bored Cam to death, and I didn't need a corpse in my car. Yes, it wasn't the greatest vehicle on the road, but it wasn't a hearse or Yugo either.

We were a few miles out from the Caldecott tunnel at that point, so I started watching for the exit I needed to take.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 3/28/2024, 8:12 am