A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Torture time.

Gotenks

Male
    Number of posts : 814
    Registration date : 2015-03-01

Torture time. Empty Torture time.

Post by Gotenks 5/15/2016, 7:11 pm

Putting Phil on guard duty shouldn't ever happen, in his own opinion. It was the dullest of things to do in Camp Jupiter. Granted, there weren't many dull things in Camp Jupiter, but even if there were, this would top it. You put two hyperactive ADHD teenagers in front of a tunnel and have them stand still for hours. Freaking genius -not. It really tore him apart. Now, he didn't know the person he was stuck with, but he was older. They were in armor so he couldn't see his tattoo to find out his cohort but point was not fifth. Which meant, not the 'loser squad'. Seemed the proper-est of legionnaires were put on the First and Third, so Phil made a conscious effort to avoid them, especially since his...quarrel with that optio of the Third, Tiberia.

So, being mindblowingly bored, having played out as many theories about the NBA free agency and when in the underwolrd SNK's season two would be released as he could, Phil would feel his soul wasting away just one more time. He wished he had the freedom of moving from his spot -without involving a monster attack or whatever- so that he could at least try and steal something from the other guy. Or at least have something to say. Phil wondered if he cared about where Durant would end up. Not that it was the thing he cared the most about, he just really seemed out of things to occupy himself.
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male
    Number of posts : 1193
    Registration date : 2015-08-05

Torture time. Empty Re: Torture time.

Post by redline2400 5/15/2016, 8:39 pm

There were many, many reasons I had to promote. This...this was one of them. This torturous, horrid post of tunnel duty. WHY?! Why does this exist?! Like, I get why, but still...WHY?! It's horrible! I'm stuck here, looking at cars as they pass by, unable to move unless some monster or kid comes by and gives us a reason to move - WHICH RARELY HAPPENS! It could at least be a patrol where we could move around, but no, stand in place like a f*cking column.

At least I wasn't alone. Some delinquent from the fifth was sent here to be punished for an hour alongside me. Maybe he had something to say. You know what, f*ck it, I'm breaking radio silence. "Hey, kid, you have a name?"
    Gotenks

Male

Post by Gotenks 5/16/2016, 4:42 am

Oh my Dad the person actually talked. Phil was about to start hitting his head on the nearest wall of boredom after 20 minutes 3 hours of torture duty. "Phil Webb, "glorious" 5th Cohort, at your service."
    Ugh, how do people stand this?! Phil, being probatio, hadn't had the chance yet to "experience" guard duty many times. Each one though was worse than the last. He started fiddling with his probatio tablet, he couldn't wait to get rid of it. Or get rid of the legion and go to New Rome and live a nice "normal" life, but that had to wait for about 10 years so... let's focus on not making every other legionnaire hate us for now.
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 5/16/2016, 6:02 am

"Dean Basilone, Fourth Cohort, at your service probie." So our newbie torture-pal was from the 5th. Lovely, I wonder what prank or crime he pulled off already. "Say, kid, who's your parent?"
    Gotenks

Male

Post by Gotenks 5/16/2016, 7:48 am

"Mercury. Yours?" So, yeah, this was happening. Phil was waiting for some kind of Legion lecture soon enough. Besides, that's all everyone who had be there for a long time said. Maybe it was because they hated the legion as much as him and needed to hear these things to reassure themselves.
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 5/16/2016, 10:47 am

"Securitas." I was just waiting for the kid to give me the standard "Who?" response.

"So, where do you come from?"
    Gotenks

Male

Post by Gotenks 5/16/2016, 2:54 pm

"Cool, that means if monsters attack till we're over with this torment l'll be safe, l guess." Phil said. Or... he guessed that it would be the obvious Securitas/Security. He just tried to act not ignorant really. "Oh, um... places. I mean, if you wanna be technical, DC, but l always moved from place to place so, yeah. What about you?"
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 5/16/2016, 3:09 pm

"Actually, it's more like an insurance policy than a lock and key kind of security, but nobody gets that first try."

"And I'm from Grand Rapids, Michigan. The softest city east of the Mississippi and west of the Atlantic."
    Gotenks

Male

Post by Gotenks 5/19/2016, 4:04 pm

"Right. Cool." Phil didn't really have anything else to say about that. Seems like it was just two legionnaires -well, one probatio and a full legionnaire- stuck on torture time guarding a tunnel. "It's moments like these that l hate the legion" Phil said not realizing he had said it out loud.
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 5/19/2016, 8:20 pm

"It's moments like these that I hate the legion." Ok, I too hate standing at a tunnel for an hour or two, but I don't exactly hate the group behind it when I'm being given a weapon, food, and housing for the low low cost of staying alive. "It's not the legion you hate, it's the mind numbing task of guard duty you really hate."
    Gotenks

Male

Post by Gotenks 5/20/2016, 4:29 pm

Phil sighed. "Yeah, you're right, sorry." Except he wasn't. Like, he loved Camp Jupiter's camp aspect, the fact that he'd met people, and found a more or less permanent home and all that, but Phil really didn't cope well with the legion aspect of the place, he wasn't good at following orders really. And he already had gotten in trouble for it and was sure he would again in the future. "So, uh... any idea how we get through this?"
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 5/20/2016, 4:38 pm

"Do you have a watch?" The reply was a bit snide, being a question to a question, but the answer was going to probably make sense to him. Quite frankly, I had no idea how to pass the time out here.
    Gotenks

Male

Post by Gotenks 5/20/2016, 4:42 pm

"Um, no, sorry." Well, if he didn't even have a suggestion about how to spend time, it seems it would be just them and their boredom for the next...while.
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 5/20/2016, 5:01 pm

Ok...so no watch. There goes that little tip.

So, what to do...what to do... OH! "So, what kind of, I don't know, things do you like?"
    Gotenks

Male

Post by Gotenks 5/20/2016, 5:07 pm

Alright. Someone was into getting to know people mood."Um, anime, NBA, music and l've been told l am klepto. And l can be funny occasionally. What about you?"
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 5/20/2016, 5:16 pm

So they're a weeb. Let's see where we can go with this... "Well, I like music, cars, reading, writing, and a bit of gaming if the opportunity arises."
    Gotenks

Male

Post by Gotenks 5/21/2016, 5:12 pm

ΟΟC: I'm not a weeb :'(

BIC: "You're lucky if you like cars. We're stuck watching them for quite some more time."
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 5/21/2016, 5:17 pm

OOC: Bruh, you know I'm narrating the thought of a character. No need for quote tears.

BIC: "Oh no, I hate this post too. You see, I don't just like any car, but those that go fast and are loud and lack street legality. Real fast things, you know?"
    Gotenks

Male

Post by Gotenks 5/21/2016, 5:28 pm

"Oh. Gotcha. " Well, his stupid icebreaker hadn't really worked. Phil wondered since when he was so bad at small talk. He usually could just tell a couple of jokes and either be liked or hated. Boom, lce broken. Probably it was the mind numbing boredom though that prevented him from being... interesting? Social? Funny? All of the above.
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 5/21/2016, 5:39 pm

"You said you were klepto, right? What does that mean?"
    Gotenks

Male

Post by Gotenks 5/21/2016, 5:49 pm

"Um, kleptomania. Like, l steal things a lot. For no reason. Although l guess there's a reason but l'd need to consult a therapist ti find out."
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 5/21/2016, 5:55 pm

So the Mercury kid was a pathological thief? Totally didn't see that one coming. Such surprise, much shock. "Phil, I don't think you need a therapist to figure out why you steal things impulsively."
    Gotenks

Male

Post by Gotenks 5/21/2016, 5:59 pm

"I mean, there's mortals that are klepto, and l don't think all Mercury/Hermes kids are so... l don't think Dad's the reason. But whatever. I usually return what l steal too." Well, sometimes he did. Depending on the person he stole from. On the outside world he almost never returned what he stole. It was a habit that begun since joining CJ.
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 5/21/2016, 6:02 pm

Well, he had a point. Sure, Mercury could've been the reason or at least contributed, but there was probably more to it than that. "Alright, I see your point Phil. But not all kids of Mars are aggressive freaks and not all children of Venus are shipping couples together."
    Gotenks

Male

Post by Gotenks 5/21/2016, 6:13 pm

Phil shrugged. "You've got a point too. Maybe l'll ask Dad during the summer solstice or something." Ok, what to say next..."So, um...do you have any special powers or anything?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 3/28/2024, 8:02 pm