A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

+3
Rick Sanchez
Belle
Morgan Landry
7 posters

Prom committee 2016 (private)

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Prom committee 2016 (private) Empty Prom committee 2016 (private)

Post by Morgan Landry 6/8/2016, 2:03 am

OOC: Sup, half-bloods. This is for the prom committee only. For the sake of credibility, pretend that all the characters know each other, including name, age and god parent. This will save time otherwise spent on lengthy introductions.
    For those of you who don't know, there is:

BIC: Valentina Diaz was sitting at the head of the council table, sipping her strawberry shortcake frappuccino. Her hair was up in one of those messy-on-purpose buns, a feline flick of eyeliner on each of her eyelids. Toying with her pencil, she gave everyone a glittering smile before putting her drink down.

"Shall we begin? This year's prom theme is Arabian Nights. I got a few ideas of mine but I wanted to hear yours first." She gave them all an expectant look.

OOC: Please pretend your character(s) already arrived and are sitting at the council table. This is also to save time.
    Belle
    Belle

Female
    Number of posts : 1431
    Registration date : 2013-05-28

Prom committee 2016 (private) Empty Re: Prom committee 2016 (private)

Post by Belle 6/8/2016, 2:20 am

Aurelia was very excited for being on the prom committee. She had been waiting to plan something like this for awhile. She had brought her big binder filled with different themes, ideas, fabric samples, contact lists for certain things and everything. She was dedicated to these kinds of things.

Sitting at the table she was waiting in anticipation to hear the words that she did. Right away Lia's hand shot up and she began to speak, but contain herself. "Alright, so I was thinking to get the theme down we could possibly do it outside and make it a decorative tent. If we use the fabrics right it'll look Arabian and if you make seating areas with decorative throw pillows, it'll be spot on. My next idea, was taking something from the Disney movie Aladdin, and perhaps with some magic from the Hecate children we and have it levitating or something. Those are just some of my starter ideas." Lia said full of life and excitement in her eyes.
    Rick Sanchez
    Rick Sanchez
    Dedicated Member

Male
    Number of posts : 1520
    Registration date : 2015-10-06

Post by Rick Sanchez 6/8/2016, 3:29 am

When he figured out that the prom theme was Arabian, Jack knew he was right to regret that he was going to participate in this committee. Now where was he going to get an Arabian outfit. Rey (whom they share a mutual friend, Nestor) convinced him to stay in the committee, to Nestor's insistence. Jack grunted a "Yes". Jack sat on a chair at the corner, while Rey was right near the chairman's seat. The meeting sorta convened.

When their opinions were requested, Rey stated hers almost instantaneously. "A tent is an excellent idea. Though, maybe we can shape it like the Sultan's palace. As for the smaller details, we can use a magic lamp as a decoration. We can put "magic carpets" on the floor for decorative purposes. They must be perfectly aligned, or stick to the floor, or its it's gonna turn into a gigantic mess five minutes into the ball." Then she ended and sat back in her chair.

From the corner of the table, Jack briefly raised his hand, before stating his opinion. "I can help with the music. If it's a goddamn Arabian theme, then we ought to choose between rock n roll, somehow Middle East fashion, or Middle East music." Then he mumbled secretly. "which sucks."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 6/8/2016, 9:17 am

Valentina tapped her pencil against the table. "I agree on the tent, pillows and rugs, that's all very Arabian. As for the Aladdin thing... let's not overdo it. But I like the idea, maybe a few of the rugs could be enchanted by Hecate children -- or anyone Mist-savvy -- to levitate a few inches off the floor when someone sits on them? Not too high, we don't want injuries."

"I like that," Jana Kay said. She was dressed in a light summer dress and had pink flowers in her hair, some paint stains on her face. "Maybe we could add some twinkle lights behind the draping fabrics? We do that at home in our attic and it looks really cozy."
    azoreo
    azoreo

Female
    Number of posts : 148
    Registration date : 2016-02-14

Post by azoreo 6/8/2016, 5:34 pm

"I like the light idea." Tyler said without standing. He thought standing in a meeting attracts too much attention. "But what about what we're going to serve at this prom. I was thinking we could serve punch in a pitcher shaped like a genie's lamp."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 6/9/2016, 1:40 am

"All in it's own time, darling," Valentina said. "First we'll focus on the decoration, then the food, then entertainment. But I keep your idea for later." She turned to Jana Kay, "It's a good idea but again, we shouldn't overdo it. Speaking of fabrics, what do we need for draping? I would say organza and fake velvet."
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female
    Number of posts : 3262
    Registration date : 2014-12-18

Post by The Cheshire Cat 6/9/2016, 1:46 am

Andy watched as everyone input very thought out responses to the prom theme but was actually kinda bored with it all. He had never attended a dance as a student, always catering them with the band, so this was new. I'm sure Andy or Morgan can do something with mist to hep with the carpet thing, just watch Andy and make sure she behaves.I can help with decor hanging up high too because of the tendrils I can grow. The teen chuckled as he remembered all the stories his sister had told him about her pranks on the campers and gestured to his back. As for music we can find some set lists on youtube or whatever but whenever we want normal dancing music I can have the band play if you want Val. We have plenty of songs for prom and such. He said casually as he leaned back in his seat, easily one of the tallest people there, if not the tallest.

Gamzee was beyond bored with being a part of the committee but there was no way in Hades she was letting some newbies run a drink bar without her. If you want authentic and non-alcoholic drinks I can sure as hell help. All I gotta do is see one finished and I can make it hundreds of times perfectly and to any standard a kid wants. I also promise not to slip booze into the dance this time. Ok, the last part was a stretch but in her defense she was trying to make the dance seem normal, and spiking the punch bowl was as normal as it got at most high school dances. Mom offered to help with any art related things we might want as well as purchasing things from stores. She even offered to fly to India herself for authentic things, that's what she did last time she went at least. Gamzee groaned kicking her feet up onto the table and leaning in her chair. She didn't particularly care all too much for her mortal parents seeing as they spent more time away from home than with her, but the money was helpful at times.
    Belle
    Belle

Female

Post by Belle 6/9/2016, 2:53 am

Aurelia, felt with the people in the committee that she was being overlooked a bit, but she didn't let that get her down. When there was time to talk again she interjected. "I'm very good with decorations and arts and crafts. If you need someone to take charge on decorations, I am a reliable source." Lia dug into her binder and pulled out all her previous work. "I have samples to show you that I'd be great for the job! I can even take photos of friends and couples on that night."
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 6/9/2016, 3:20 am

Andy perked up when he heard Lia, he had to admit she was growing on him. I'll help wherever you need it Lia, it'll be nice to give these bad boys a stretch. He smirked as his tendrils began growing a little thanks to the magic from his mother. Gamzee rolled her eyes and went back to fiddling with a few new apps on her phone, despite what her siblings begged her not to do. In all seriousness though, what are we going to do with food. Last I checked none of us have any idea of what to cook or how to prepare it and all Gaz is good for is drinks. Andy said gesturing to the Dionysus with a thumb, earning a punch in the arm and a middle finger in his direction.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 6/9/2016, 3:26 am

"I can do food!" Jana Kay immediately said. "My siblings and I are natural cooks, I'm sure I could ask Alex or Billie for back-up."

"Everything in it's own time," Valentina put in, tapping her pencil against the table. She had taken a look at Aurelia's samples then nodded, "Alright Lia, you're going to be my right hand for decoration. Oh, is that your address booklet?" She browsed through the contact list; the daughter of Iris really had outdone herself. "Very good. No need to fly to India then," she said, winking at Gamzee before looking at Lia again. "Tomorrow you and I, and Andy too, will go to the party venue and get the dimensions for the fabric. Andy," she turned to the son of Hecate with a smile, "I'm keeping your band on my list for entertainment, but as I told Tyler, let's focus on deco for now. Gamzee, if your mother could buy us Persian rugs, that'd be super."
    She flipped through Aurelia's samples again before putting the folder aside. "What colour theme are we going to go with? There should be rich smokey hues in my opinion, red, gold, purple,... In organza and velvet it should look great. Opinions, suggestions?"
    azoreo
    azoreo

Female

Post by azoreo 6/9/2016, 5:57 pm

"More orange then any other color. When I think of Arabian things I think of the color orange" Tyler added irritated that Valentina keeps shutting down ideas for food. He looked down at his stomach. Wow, I am hungry he thought. Tyler looked around. Surely they were bringing snacks. He realized he was staring and snapped out of it. "So what is the tent going to be made out of" He asked hoping no one saw him staring and drooling while thinking about food.
    Metilinos
    Metilinos

Male
    Number of posts : 565
    Registration date : 2014-11-08

Post by Metilinos 6/9/2016, 10:14 pm

Robert was part of the committee for planning his junior prom prior to attending camp, and he had to admit, it was significantly different. Frankly speaking, in his mind, he was on the fence about the theme while there was so much stigma in the Middle East as a whole. In an American high school, any talk of that would have gotten him a swift boot to a new school, and probably a quick sign in to a permanent black list. Still, he figured he could apply what he knew from an anthropological view.

"It really depends on if we're going for pleasing contrast or cultural accuracy." Robert added, he wasn't ready to let the color topic go just yet, after all, colors were so important in history! They defined cultures, beliefs, and flags. "Green is very favored in, and is much more common than purple in Arab culture. But purple would look somewhat better in contrast to red." Robert explained, though he was aware many people present may not share his enthusiasm over the culture. It was a prom, after all, not a re-enactment. "Yellow and gold are obviously wicked similar, and red is also a very favored color in said culture. I think green over purple would best respect the culture." Robert put his opinion on the table.
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 6/10/2016, 2:42 am

I've got it. Gamzee smiled as she stood and slammed her hands on the table, leaning onto them as well. Let's do something like the Holi festival of colour. Obviously it involves every color under the sun and when you think about it parts of it would it really well. It's a whole celebration and people eat, dance and pretty much enjoy the colors being thrown at them. Obviously i recommend no color throwing, and if we do save it for the very end once everyone had fun and such. The daughter of Dionysus said now grinning. She loved parties, probably a little too much. What were they expecting though? Hiring a Dionysus for a party was like letting a clown run a cream pie shop.

Andy was startled a bit as Gamzee stood and slammed her hands down, his tendrils instinctively closing near his figure like a defense mechanism. I have to agree with Gaz on this one, it would make it feel more authentic. He added, trying to agree but not wanting to upset anyone as well.
    Belle
    Belle

Female

Post by Belle 6/10/2016, 2:58 am

Aurelia was content that her binder had been looked at and appreciated. A lot of the conversation went on around her, and finally she turned to Robert. "I think that's a good idea, to stay with the culture. I think it's very important, the least we could do is honour it. I think if we stayed with green's and gold it'd be fairly accurate. Maybe accent red throw pillows and rugs embroidered with gold so it all ties in together and it doesn't feel too much like Christmas." She then turned to Andy and Val"sounds good for decorating tomorrow."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 6/10/2016, 3:03 am

"This is a prom, sweetheart, not a festival," Valentina sipped her frappuccino. "I don't think people would enjoy colour being thrown at their evening outfits, I know I wouldn't. My shoes are designer for the Graces' sake!" She picked up her notebook."We need three colours. Tyler suggested orange, Robert suggested green and red --" she listened to Lia before nodding. "Alright, would you guys rather have orange, gold, red, or green, gold, red? Thanks by the way for being tactful," she added with a glimmering smile, "just because it's prom doesn't mean we should give in to stereotypes too much."
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 6/10/2016, 4:20 am

For Hades sake, how much of an annoying pleb can you be. Gamzee said annoyed with the stupid remark made by Val. She mumbled the last bit of her sentence but if she heard it was no skin off her back either way. Andy frowned as he heard Gaz and hit her a bit with a tendril, he wouldn't condone rudeness at that level.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 6/11/2016, 4:27 am

"I  personally like orange, red, gold because orange is a desert colour and that would put the tent in a Sahara-like mood" Jana Kay smiled while Valentina elegantly ignored what Gamzee had muttered. "But green is a great colour too. Reminds me of an oasis. In short," she chuckled in her Scottish accent, "I'm fine with whatever."

OOC: Khan stepped off the committee, Alex kindly accepted to take his spot.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male
    Number of posts : 4470
    Registration date : 2014-11-16

Post by Green 6/14/2016, 5:35 pm

Prom committee 2016 (private) Tumblr_lwf5dvw2ky1qfx31xo1_250

Alex slipped into the committee meeting unfortunately late. Scanning the room, his eyes fell on his favorite half-sister Jana Kay and went to go sit down beside her. "Sorry, I'm late everyone. I got wrap up in...things and lost track of time." He was wearing a green t-shirt, cargo joggers, and black converses. He intertwined his fingers and sat them on top of the conference room table, looking around at his fellow demigods. "So, what have we decided so far?"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 6/15/2016, 1:39 am

"Welcome Alex, thanks for taking Jack's place," Valentina said with a pretty smile. "We're still doing deco for now. We've decided on a tent-look for the prom, with Persian rugs, couches and pillows, now we're just deciding the colour scheme. Red orange gold or gold green red. The advantage of orange is that it puts in more of a desert feeling, and the advantage of green is that it respects Middle Eastern culture. What do you think?"
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 6/15/2016, 2:05 am

"No problem, bontia." He mused with a grin.

Alex thought for a second. "Well, I love green, of course being a son of Demeter," He nudged JK playfully. "But then again orange would go so well with the theme." Decisions, decisions. "Let's go with green since it does, as you said, it respects the Middle Eastern culture." He paused for a second. "And...Kane likes me in green." Alex chuckled, scratching the back of his head.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 6/15/2016, 4:32 am

"Then it's settled," Valentina said, writing it down on her notebook whilst Jana Kay smiled at Alex. She was really happy her brother was here.

"Next, I was thinking we could add some twinkle lights and genie lamps, maybe as table tops? Or some golden cups with faux jewels."

"Maybe we could put treasure chests at the entrance, with fake coins and jewels," Jana Kay suggested. "There are a couple of treasure chests in the amphitheater, we could use those."
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 6/17/2016, 7:22 pm

Alex nodded his head as he began to make mental note about the color scheme. It was going to be a very interesting prom night.

"That sounds like a great idea and maybe we could throw in a few real drachma inside the chests as well." He repositioned himself so that his arms were crossed over his chest. "A-and maybe we can add those beautiful, lavish currents that drape across the room or somethin'? I'm really excited." He smiled brightly.
    azoreo
    azoreo

Female

Post by azoreo 6/18/2016, 7:11 pm

"Maybe not real Drachmas. I know of a few Hermes kids that would like those" Tyler added. He also thinks the chests are a bad idea because they don't really go with the theme. But he decided to keep that thought to himself.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 6/19/2016, 4:33 am

"That's a valid point, sadly," Valentina said. Hermes kids would be all too happy to steal drachmas from right under everyone's noses. "Unless the Hecate children could come up with an adequate spell, I think we should just keep fake drachmas and faux jewels for now. Give it a little Ali Baba cave feel, you know? Ali Baba is so Arabian Nights." She quickly wrote everything down then put her pencil aside. "Right. That's it for deco in the big lines, Lia, Andy and I are going to refine it a little bit tomorrow. Now, food. Andy and Tyler already asked, what should we serve at this prom?"

"I was thinking we should present some Middle Eastern snacks and desserts," Jana Kay suggested. "I can make hummus dips, buy feta cheese, olives, pita bread, and prepare stuff like lamb skewers or tabbouleh." She gave everyone a bright smile. "I could also make Turkish delight, or basbousa. It's really good!"

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 6/22/2016, 1:29 am; edited 1 time in total
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 6/21/2016, 10:39 pm

Gamzee checked her phone then got up and began talking in japanese with her mother as she left the room to let the meeting go on. Best reasons to learn an asian language; its difficult to eaves drop on and fun to show off. The daughter of Dionysus continued to talk about the rugs as well as lamps and stuff from Arabia but got side tracked due to her mother's invitation to travel back with her to Japan for a while over the summer break.

Andy listened as the meeting went on and soon found himself drifting back to the drive he had taken Lia on in NYC. No matter how many times he told himself it really wasn't his fault he would always feel guilty about getting in that wreck and putting Lia, his Flower, into the hospital for those few days. Looking in her direction as she sat at the table gloom past in front of his face and he looked down at the ground as he leaned in his chair, tendrils drooping behind him.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 3/28/2024, 3:18 pm