A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Forging an Army

Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male
    Number of posts : 4470
    Registration date : 2014-11-16

Forging an Army Empty Forging an Army

Post by Green 6/14/2016, 9:11 pm

Forging an Army Tumblr_nbb2qaW4h31qg94hko1_250

"There you are, the sword you ordered." Malcolm handed one of his fellow campers the custom blade before turning back around to continue his work as the other left. He'd been working in the forge for the best four hours making spears, shields, swords, arrows, and everything else under the Sun. He wasn't complaining, however since this was exactly what he was born to do. The 6'3", African American lumbered over to his workbench, taking a seat. He was wearing his slightly tight Camp Half-Blood, blue jeans, and black Timberlands. Sighing, the son of Hephaestus started to tinker with the scrap metal at his desk, making a mini hoplite shoulder equip with a spear and everything.  

Malcolm smirked as he watched it start to march across the desk, stabbing at a blue prints for a double sided sword. Currently, he was making another one for the metal hoplite to spar with.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female
    Number of posts : 5516
    Registration date : 2010-03-03

Forging an Army Empty Re: Forging an Army

Post by QMeetsWorld 6/14/2016, 11:21 pm

Forging an Army Tumblr_inline_nsrg1lpoEB1s4pzqi_500

Jackson made his way down into the forge. Even though he had been at camp for a while now, he had never been down here. Jackson had always loved swords and swordplay, but he had never felt the need to request any weapons from the Hephaestus kids, and he still didn't. He had plenty of his own. Jackson used to be a semi-professional swordsman when he worked in the Ren Fair circuit, and had aquired quite the collection throughout the years. Jackson had even gotten stuff from blacksmiths who were just Hephaestus kids doing their thing in the real world. He didn't need anything more.  He was just so impressed when he saw the Ares kids come running in with whatever new thing that the Hephaestus kids had whipped up for them.

Jackson walked around, peaking over the shoulders of kids working on various projects, stunned with what he saw. They were all so extremely talented. Jackson closed in on a boy working on a sword in the corner. Jackson sat on a stool. "Do you mind if I watch?"

Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 6/14/2016, 11:42 pm

Malcolm hadn't even noticed the guy until he said something, causing the gentle giant to jump a bit. "Um," He looked back down at his half made hoplite warrior, then up at the guy again. "Sure, you can watch." He'd hadn't seen him around camp let alone the forge so he knew that he wasn't one of his siblings. He shifted nervously as he continued to build the second one.

"I'm Malcolm. Malcolm Johnson. Son of Hephaestus if it isn't obvious enough." He snorted some, stopping for a minute to reach out a large hand for him to shake.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 6/15/2016, 12:22 am

Jackson put his hand out to meet Malcom's. "Nice to meet you, Malcom. I'm Jackson Kingston, son of Ares." Jackson said, with a firm shake. He sat back in the stool and watched as Malcom worked. It was amazing. The talent that these kids had blew him away. "I've been meaning to make it down here since I came to camp. It's all just so wow. I used to be a semi-pro swordsman and I love weapons. Never known a thing about miking them, though." Jackson watched as Malcom's hands worked in ways he had never dreamed of.

Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 6/15/2016, 12:35 am

Son of Ares? He was suppose to not like him? No, of course not. He's not going to judge him on who his father is. That wouldn't be right on so many levels. "Nice handshake, I like that, Jackson." Malcolm smiled warmly at his new acquaintance before going back to metalworking. He was so focused on the mini solider that he almost missed what the son of Ares was saying.

"Hm? Oh, yeah. It's very interesting here. I spend most of my time between the forge, my cabin, and the arena. Sometimes I got the library too." Malcolm explained before finishing the solider. Snapping his fingers, the hoplite came alive and started to fight with the other one. "I...I can always help you sometime." He shrugged his shoulders. "Only if you would like, Jackson."
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 6/15/2016, 12:48 am

Jackson's eyes grew wide when he saw the little solider come to life. "That's so... wow." Jackson looked up at Malcom with a huge smile, pushing the sleeves up on his blue plaid shirt. "Do you mean you'd show me the ropes with this stuff?" Jackson asked. He stood up and looked over the stuff that Malcom was using. It was surprising what he was able to make with all this stuff. Jacks smiled.

Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 6/15/2016, 1:01 am

"Yeah, yeah. Sure! I can do that for you." He stood up from his bench, fixing his clothes. Gods did he needed to get a new shirt from either the camp store or the Big House. "What do you want to learn first? How to make a weapon? What about your very own sword?" Malcolm always got excited when he was able to show people his forging capabilities. The hoplites stopped fighting, going back to being inanimate. "Or spear? Perhaps a shield?" He went to a nearby forge and started it up, then walked over to get a fresh piece of blueprint paper. "Customize it to make it fit your own hand to your liking."
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 6/15/2016, 1:18 am

Jackson jumped up, the gears in his mind starting to turn. He was a firm believer that being a need didn't mean that you liked to play Dungeons and Dragons, but that everyone was a need about something, and weapons was Jacks' something. He loved the idea of getting a new sword that was just for him. Something that fit in his hand better than any weapon that he had ever held before. Jackson fixed the beanie on his head as Malcom made his way back over with a blueprint paper. "I want a sword, but I'm going to need your help designing it. You're the one who is good at this."

Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 6/15/2016, 1:28 am

Malcolm smiled at the comment, looking down at the blank blueprint. "Thanks, Jackson. I want to make this very unique. Just for you." He grabbed a white lead pencil and thought for a moment. "Do you want a kopis or a xiphos? Personally, I think you'll do good with a xiphos. It's a mixture of a machete and a sword." He started to sketch the outline of the Greek weapon. "I can tell you have you an accent. Where are you from? Britain?" Malcolm asked, glancing up at him, giving him a subtle once over before looking back down with a grin. "It's nice."
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 6/15/2016, 1:38 am

Jackson smiled, a light pink making its way to the surface in his cheeks. "Oh, wow, thank you. Yeah, uh, I was born in London. I lived there until I was around 12. We moved to America when my Dad got a job with a travelling Renaissance Fair. That's how I got my start, too." Jackson loved fighting and loved putting on a show, so the fair was great for him. Jackson watched as Malcolm's hands brought a weapon to life on the paper. "Where are you from, mate?" Jackson said, trying a little less to cover his accent.

Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 6/15/2016, 1:50 am

"You're very welcome." He responded, going more into detail now that he had made up his mind on the type of sword. Malcolm glanced over at Jackson's hands as he started to do the measurements of the xiphosso it fit him almost perfectly. "I'm from Auburn, Alabama." He was happy about no longer being in the deep south. "But tell me more about the Renaissance Fair. I've always wanted to go to one of those, but never ha the chance to." Malcolm, after putting the final touches on the blueprint, walked over to get the right slap of celestial bronze. "The measurements for the xiphos. The hilt is going to be six inches long with a fourteen inch blade with a width of two inches. The weight's going to be around...a thousand grams or so." He stated, sticking the twenty inch by two slab into the flames for it to heat up and become malleable.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 6/15/2016, 2:16 am

Jackson perked up even more when Malcolm asked about Fair. Talking to Malcolm had him excited, and talking about Fair got him even more excited. "Working with a travelling Ren Fair was one of the coolest experiences in the whole world." Jackson said, looking Malcolm up and down when he wasn't looking at Jacks. "Everyone is just so excited to be there, and everyone is dressed up, and unironically enthusiastic about a time that, even though none of them loved in it, they still love. I loved watching the families go through. Generations of Ren Fairers." Jackson said, a bright smile forming on his face, thinking about the kids with there little elf ears and dresses, or the princesses, running up to take a picture with him: a real life knight in shining armor.

Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 6/15/2016, 2:29 am

Jackson's demeanor was a refreshing one especially with him being a son of Ares. He'd never met one that was so kind and non-brutish. It was nice to say the least. "It sounds wonderful. I can see myself as a blacksmith back then." He took the piping hot piece of metal out of the fire, the end of it orange with heat, but it didn't bother him since he was immune to fire and high temperatures.

"You might want to stand back for this." Malcolm warned, placing around half of the piece of metal onto the anvil with one hand and grabbing a hammer with the other. Raising it, he brought it down hard on the heated celestial bronze. Cling. Cling. Cling. Went the hammer. Malcolm's muscles flexing underneath his beautiful dark, durable skin. Cling. Cling. Cling. He turned it on the other side and continued.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 6/15/2016, 2:35 am

Jackson took a step back, following Malcolm's advice. He watched as he struck the metal and was instantly mesmerized. Not only by the way the hot metal moved, and molded, and sparked, but by how Malcolm did it. Jackson watched as Malcolm's muscles flexed and unflexed with each swing of the hammer. As a son of Ares, Jackson had seen plenty of muscles, but none of them had this kind of perfection. Maybe it was how Malcolm was using his muscles, and what he was using them for, but it was like nothing he had ever seen before. It was way more artful than any of the blacksmiths he had seen at the Fairs. "Wow." Jackson whispered.

Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 6/15/2016, 2:43 am

The celestial bronze was beginning to look like an actual xiphos which made him very happy. Beats of sweat started to gather on his forehead which he wiped off with his forearm before it could get on his eyes. Malcolm then turned the sword on his side and started to form the six inch hilt. "Do you know what you want the hilt to look like or have engraved in it?" Malcolm asked, panting a bit. "I was thinking about giving it a red tent to the blade. Would you like that?"
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 6/15/2016, 11:58 am

Jackson tilted his head a little as he thought about it. "I want it to be however you design it. I think you can come up with anything way better than I could." Jackson said with a bright smile. He was really living being down in the forges. The sounds of metal being stricken echoes off the walls in all directions. It was an interesting experience that Jackson had never experienced, and he loved new experiences. Being down here with Malcolm was nice, too.

Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 6/15/2016, 12:42 pm

Malcolm smiled at this. "People rarely tell me to do what I wish and if they do, it's usually mean." He snorted a bit as he started to work on the tip of the xiphos' blade, lightly tapping it to make sure it was perfect. "So, how old are you, Jackson? Just out of professional curiosity." He looked over and grinned at the son of Ares, then back down at the anvil he was working on.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 6/15/2016, 11:06 pm

"I don't know why people wouldn't want you to do what you want. I trust you, entirely." Jackson said with a smile. Over Malcolm's shoulder, he could see his weapon starting to take shape and he already loved it. "I'm 18. My birthday was just a week ago, actually. How old are you? Y'know, still professionally, of course." Jackson said with a light and subtle wink. Jackson stood up and walked to the other side of the table, watching Malcolm work.

Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 6/15/2016, 11:21 pm

His cheeks had a faint orange glow to them like the forges he worked with day in and day out. "I'm eighteen too. My birthday isn't until later this year." Malcolm looked over at Jackson with a small smile on his lips. From the anvil, he took the forming xiphos and put it into the forge for it to heat up again. Turning, the son of Hephaestus put the hammer down on the interested work table and stood behind Jackson. "Uh, Oh, do you know what you want to disguise it as?"
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 6/15/2016, 11:40 pm

Jackson's eyes widened when Malcolm asked what he'd want to disguise the weapon as. He'd seen the people with the fancy weapons that weren't always weapons, but he never expected that he would be able to have a weapon that would do that. 'Wow, um, I hadn't given it any thought at all." Jackson was trying to think of something cool, but his mind was completely blanking. 'What can you do?" Jackson asked.

Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 6/16/2016, 12:03 am

"Well I was thinking...maybe a ring so all you have to do is pull it off and get to sparrin'." His southern accent slipped out, but he quickly cleared his throat. "For me, I have duel hammers that are currently in their bolt form." Malcolm reached into his pocket and pulled out the two celestial bronze bolts. "You can hold these." He smiled warmly before walking over to where the enchantment bottles were and came back with a red vial. "Here, this will turn your blade a slight blood red."
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 6/16/2016, 12:20 am

Jackson inspected the two bolts in his hand. It was hard to believe that these could become hammers. They were so expertly crafted, even in this form. Jackson looked up into Malcolm's eyes as he talked about the liquid in the vial. "That's totally wild, mate." Jackson wasn't covering his accent up at all anymore, he had gone full blown British. "So what else do you do besides blow minds down here?" Jackson said with a little laugh.

Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 6/16/2016, 12:34 am

Forging an Army Tumblr_nvp5yonE1O1qf3a36o6_400

Malcolm laughed as well and placed the vial on the table behind him. "Hm, either I'm working in my mini forge underneath the cabin or reading up in the library. I don't really get out much like I should other than performing my Greek duties." He shrugged his shoulders. The son of Hephaestus was trying not to checkout the other camper, but it was difficult. He was making a mental connection with the Ares' son. Malcolm turned his gaze from Jackson's.

"Uh, anyway, what about you?" He asked, staring at the xiphos in the forge."
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 6/16/2016, 1:01 am

]

"Well, swordplay is the biggest consumer of my time, but I'm also really into sports. Swordplay is kind of a one person thing, but I love being on a team. I just love people." Jackson said with a smile. His favorite sport was probably football -er- soccer, or maybe hockey. There was nothing better than a 2-on-1 breakaway, and a shot right in to the sweet spot in the net. Jackson looked over the xiphos. It just kept blowing his mind.

Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 6/16/2016, 1:21 am

Forging an Army Tumblr_nvp5yonE1O1qf3a36o6_400

The African American demigod chuckled, nodding his head. "You are very...positive and friendly." He looked over at him again. "Swordplay sounds amazing, actually. I'm a pretty good fighter myself, but probably not up to your level with your dad and everything." Malcolm walked over to the forge the weapon was in and lifted it up with his bare hand. A hissing sound came from the connection along with a bit of steam. He came back to the anvil and started to work on the xiphos again.

After a while, he decided to ask a very nervous question for him to ask. "...I'm sure your girlfriend is happy to be with you." Malcolm glancing over at him as he continued to work.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content