A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

so i've got a really good excuse planned

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sienna
Sienna

Female
Number of posts : 1817
Registration date : 2012-09-10

so i've got a really good excuse planned Empty
PostSubject: so i've got a really good excuse planned   so i've got a really good excuse planned Icon_minitime6/15/2016, 12:31 am

so i've got a really good excuse planned Tumblr_o7enz8P6dx1qdlnyqo3_250so i've got a really good excuse planned Tumblr_o7enz8P6dx1qdlnyqo2_250
Sasha Tremblay was out past curfew for a completely, 100 percent, absolutely good reason. Still, she wasn't sure everyone would go for it at first, so she decided it would be best for her to just leave and hope nobody would notice. So she sat up pretending to read her book, which she did for so long she actually started reading the book. Soon enough one am rolled by and everyone seemed to be fast asleep.
Sasha pulled the covers off the bed, revealing that she was still in jeans. She slipped on her shoes, making sure not to make too much noise. She grabbed her flashlight, phone, bow and quiver and then tiptoed to the door, avoiding every creaky floorboard that she knew of.
Summer nights still brought a cool breeze with the wind rustling the leaves of the trees. The courtyard ahead of her was completely empty, no witnesses to her crime. It isn't even that much of a crime, she thought as she stepped down onto the grass and began making her way across the grassy area, more of a fib, a little excursion maybe, nothing big at all.
She had made it halfway across the field, the edge of the forest was in sight. At that moment a loud screech echoed across the courtyard, along with the sound of beating wings. From the light of the moonlight she could see a winged woman in the air, eyes fixated on her. She had forgotten about the harpies.
Sasha's calm meander quickly turned into a sprint as she headed straight for the trees. She hypothesized that the harpy's wingspan would be too big to be able to fly through the trees. Lets hope she was right.
Back to top Go down
Metilinos
Metilinos

Male
Number of posts : 565
Registration date : 2014-11-08

PostSubject: Re: so i've got a really good excuse planned   so i've got a really good excuse planned Icon_minitime6/15/2016, 10:19 pm

Dimitri never was one who typically caught a lot of sleep. Back before he was a demigod he woke up with the sun every morning, it was the duty his dad had given him. Even now, the demigod didn't know much of the realm of sleeping in. When he'd gone to bed that night, Dimitri didn't expect anything out of the ordinary. Some people were scared, with everything going on, but Dimitri's mind wasn't occupied by any one specific thought. Being a demigod wasn't easy, but Dimitri never expected what he had gotten.

The demigod had drifted into some form of a light sleep, though, he awoke at some point. He hadn't in particular registered a noise, but when his eyes fully opened he heard a feint creak from the cabin entrance. It was very dark, and to inspect all the bunks would have just taken up too much time. He hastily, but retaining as much silence as he could, threw a t-shirt and his boots on and walked out of the cabin.

He saw the shape in the distance, at least, he assumed it must be whoever was in his cabin. He supposed it could have been someone who didn't reside in their cabin and had entered and then left, but he figured someone would have woke up if someone came in. Regardless he followed her. He'd had only two instances of stealth experience, but he used what he knew. He saw the harpies going for the figure, that he was beginning to notice was small. At least, it wasn't a child of Ares.

Dimitri took a side route, he figured they could kill the harpy if need be, it would eventually come back. Still, he figured that wasn't going to leave them in good moral standing if they got caught. That, and he wasn't sure if he wanted to help this person right now. He knew the harpy certainly wasn't going to get answers, either way.

From an angle, Dimitri got ready to throw a rock. He'd have willed some water, but nothing gave away his god parent like willing water. Just as he was getting ready to throw, the harpy's wings collided with a tree and she crashed. Dimitri's eyebrow raised, they knew what they were doing. Dimitri took off, he had to catch up to them. No matter what, the harpies knew someone was out now.
Back to top Go down
Sienna
Sienna

Female

PostSubject: Re: so i've got a really good excuse planned   so i've got a really good excuse planned Icon_minitime6/18/2016, 2:03 pm

so i've got a really good excuse planned Tumblr_o7enz8P6dx1qdlnyqo3_250so i've got a really good excuse planned Tumblr_o7enz8P6dx1qdlnyqo2_250
Sasha heard the harpy hit the tree with a sickening thump. She felt a pang of guilt, after all, she was just doing her job. But she didn't stick around to see if she was going to be alright. There was more than one harpy, and chances are they wouldn't be too thrilled about Sasha hurting their friend. So she kept running, weaving around tree trunks and heading further into the forest.
She knew where she was headed, in the most general sense imaginable. It was still dark, and the moonlight provided only enough visibility for her to be able to see the shapes of the trees around her. Eventually she'd have to stop and turn on her flashlight. She slowed to a stop, her heart still pounding inside her chest. The beginning of her excursion was a bit more eventful than she had planned, but she wouldn't deny she loved the thrill it brought.
Once her breath had slowed, she flipped the flashlight on and shone it on the ground in front of her. She didn't want to wave it around too much, for fear of becoming a lighthouse for any monster in the area. But she used it too see if she recognized where she was. She had the right idea of running north, since the location she wanted was in the north west corner of the forest. She'd just have to continue walking that way.
Back to top Go down
Metilinos
Metilinos

Male

PostSubject: Re: so i've got a really good excuse planned   so i've got a really good excuse planned Icon_minitime7/5/2016, 7:10 pm

They were quick, although Dimiri figured you would be quick no matter what if flying bird women with talons were in pursuit of you. He hadn't gotten enough sleep to be doing exercise drills, but it was either keep up, even on the side, or lose them and mope back at the cabin. The choice was easy to Dimitri, but being silent was a lot harder. Getting deeper into the forest, you risked the occasional monster. Inexperienced fighters were usually scolded and told not to go that far alone, but they were very weak monsters. He was hopeful he could get lucky, and she would think he was just a stray, scurrying in the forest.

He was short of breath, but hadn't stopped, when suddenly a beam of light came from where he assumed the figure was. Flashlight. Dimitri let out a silent breath of relief, though, it didn't entirely help him. His adjustment to the dark was ruined when the light came on, but at least he couldn't mistake where the figure was. He weaved over to the figure, it was still just as hard to see the person, but impossible to miss where they were.

The demigod's face looked somewhat groggy from the lack of sleep, and the run that ensued. He'd thought about what to do and say. He considered going ahead and waiting behind a tree and grabbing them, but he didn't know who they were. It could go wrong in a lot of ways. For all he knew, it was Harper, for whatever reason. He approached her from the side, and purposely rustled some leafs with his foot to alert them of his presence, if they hadn't already realized it.

"Stop. Who are you, what're you doin' out here?" He caught a slight glimpse of the glow. It was a girl, but he wasn't close enough to identify her features. Sadly, with his strong accent, it was likely easy for anyone who knew him to identify him, even if it was only by voice.
Back to top Go down
Sienna
Sienna

Female

PostSubject: Re: so i've got a really good excuse planned   so i've got a really good excuse planned Icon_minitime7/7/2016, 2:19 am

It took Sasha a few seconds to realize she wasn't alone. The rustling of leaves caught her ears and after swearing profusely in her mind, she went into action. Within seconds she had an arrow notched and was ready to shoot whatever it was in the eyes if it decided to engage with her. At least her hours of daily training actually proved useful.
She could barely make out the figure amongst the tree trunks. She quickly aimed up, hoping it was actually the thing that made the noise. She'd feel pretty silly if it were a person shaped tree or something. For all she knew the rustling of leaves was caused by a rabbit or something. But then the figure started to move towards her and any doubt in her mind dissipated. It was definitely humanoid, but people sneaking up in the middle of the night without making themselves known were automatically assumed dangerous.
But before she could loose the arrow, they (well, he, by the sound of the voice) spoke up. "Stop. Who are you, what're you doin' out here?"
The southern drawl was very familiar, heard often in her cabin.
"Dimitri?" She asked, not that she really needed confirmation. She hesitantly un-notched the arrow, not fully sure that he wasn't going to attack her. She still couldn't see his face, and she was pretty sure there were beasts that could replicate speech. Still, she took the benefit of the doubt. Still, finding her half brother in the woods was rather odd, even though she was here also. But, she had a good reason.
"What are you doing here?"

Back to top Go down
Metilinos
Metilinos

Male

PostSubject: Re: so i've got a really good excuse planned   so i've got a really good excuse planned Icon_minitime7/8/2016, 10:56 pm

In hindsight, he really shouldn't have been so confident. When he'd realized she was point a bow at him, it was too late to try to disarm. He wasn't too frightened, there were ways out of it, if this person wasn't sharp, anyway. She turned the bow down when he spoke, but he wasn't cocky, nor stupid enough, to make a remark over it. He caught a glimpse on her, while the light skewed while she let her bow down. His expression hardly let up, but he gathered who she was, though it likely connected because she said his name. At least, he thought he was sure it was her now.

"Couldn't sleep well." Dimitri admitted, though that wasn't entirely the whole truth. He wasn't sure how much he trusted Sasha. They were blood, but that didn't mean they were family. Still, he didn't have anything against her. If anything, he just wasn't a naturally trusting person anymore. "It's dangerous to be out here Sasha. Heaven forbid'ya get caught, especially with everythin' goin' on? Or a strong'enough stray could catch you off've your guard. Let me come with you." He asked calmly, though he wasn't sure if he was helping her to ease his own worries or to ease her risk.

She couldn't be that bad if she hadn't just shot him when she had the chance.
Back to top Go down
Sienna
Sienna

Female

PostSubject: Re: so i've got a really good excuse planned   so i've got a really good excuse planned Icon_minitime7/11/2016, 12:50 am

Sasha figured Dimitri was talking about that Lear person that was knocking off demigods left and right. It had put the whole camp in chaos, rightfully so. It was scary to realize that monsters wasn't the only thing they had to be wary about now. Nevertheless, the forest was safe to her. She had ventured in here often enough to know what creatures lived in the trees and brush.
"I think I'm pretty safe," She said, holding up her bow. "So far, you've been the only real threat I've faced. Well, a harpy too but that's beside the point. You can follow if you want to." With that she put the arrow back in her quiver and set off, allowing her eyes to adjust to the darkness.

Back to top Go down
Metilinos
Metilinos

Male

PostSubject: Re: so i've got a really good excuse planned   so i've got a really good excuse planned Icon_minitime7/12/2016, 12:24 am

Her appearance screamed honesty, she looked like she wouldn't hurt anyone if she had the choice. He wasn't sure how to feel about it. He had no true reason to think anything negative about her, only that it was better to be safe over sorry. After all, it wasn't like she could be leading him out to hurt or kill him. She tried to sneak out alone. "Better safe than sorry." Dimitri repeated, though out loud this time. "Probably nothin' worth lookin' at out here. But if there is, it can see us and we can't see them." Dimitri warned.

The demigod followed his half-sister. He was careful not to make too much sound stepping on the leafs. The worst of it would come later, getting back into the cabin with the harpies looking for someone. "Why are you out here, Sasha?" Dimitri asked; he was frankly curious. What could anyone want out here at this time?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: so i've got a really good excuse planned   so i've got a really good excuse planned Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

so i've got a really good excuse planned
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: Camp Half-Blood :: The Forest-