A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

+6
Metilinos
Belle
The Cheshire Cat
azoreo
Green
Morgan Landry
10 posters

Prom 2016: Arabian Nights!

Celtaeus
    Celtaeus

Male
    Number of posts : 38
    Registration date : 2016-07-09

Prom 2016: Arabian Nights! - Page 4 Empty Re: Prom 2016: Arabian Nights!

Post by Celtaeus 7/11/2016, 1:15 pm

The son of Demeter grabbed his seat, plopping down and draining the last bits of his whiskey, embracing the slight burn. He gave a small smile to the girl who nodded at him, appreciating the gesture. She was one of the Phobos or Deimos kids, if he remembered correctly. Which meant she could probably tell he had a fear of being the center of attention. He sighed and ordered another glass of whiskey while picking at some of the snacks on his plate. Luckily, his nerves were settling down and he felt as if a bit of weight was leaving his chest. The sad thing was, Daniel loved social gatherings. They came very rarely back in rural ohio, but when they did, everyone went all out.

Taking another breath to relax himself, he offered the two girls some of the snacks Jana Kay had given him, sliding the plate towards them with an eyebrow raised as a question. They were talking, so he didn't want to interrupt, but he also didn't want to hide in a corner all night. If they looked at him funny, well he'd cross that bridge when he came to it. He supposed they qould have every reason to give him funny looks though. He was big, broad, and built like an ox, yet he was frightened of too many people looking at him. It was more than a little embarrassing.
    ZephixVI

Male
    Number of posts : 63
    Registration date : 2016-01-09

Post by ZephixVI 7/11/2016, 8:06 pm

"I honestly never got those. Sure, they're good for a sucker punch across the field, but they can't be aerodynamic at all... and it honestly just sounds like someone read a Green Arrow comic and had a bright idea," she shrugged. "I mean I like to think I'm good with my bow, but that's still tough... but hey, props to you for staying up there all that time, that's seriously commendable."
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female
    Number of posts : 5516
    Registration date : 2010-03-03

Post by QMeetsWorld 7/11/2016, 11:43 pm

Prom 2016: Arabian Nights! - Page 4 Tumblr_inline_ng1upbQVQw1t25p9j

Annaliese slipped into prom, trying to not really draw any attention to herself. She was wearing a dark green dress, with a black lacy top. She had an emerald flower crown in her red hair, her usual style. She moved around the outside of the dance and made her way to the punch bowl. She grabbed herself a cup and sat down at a table a bit out of the dance floor lights.

She sipped from the cup, looking around at all the people who had made their way here. Annaliese was surprised how many people made the time to be here. There were a lot of cute couples on the dance floor. Annie was a tiny bit jealous.

randomfangirl

Female
    Number of posts : 145
    Registration date : 2016-04-23

Post by randomfangirl 7/12/2016, 8:09 pm

Alice was late, so she tried not to attract too much attention to herself as she entered, but her costume was pretty eye-catching. With the light golden warmth of her skin, hair and eyes, silvers, greys and pale blues were her colours. Her costume, specially made by her mother's designers for this occasion, was light blue with silvery detailing, sparkling in her elaborately braided hair and across her exposed midriff. When Alice did fancy dress she did fancy dress.

As she made her way across the mess hall, her eyes flickered about, a striking coppery hue in the light. Where to first?

Last edited by randomfangirl on 7/13/2016, 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Post by Morgan Landry 7/13/2016, 9:43 am

"Oh that arrow sure was aerodynamic," Daeseung chuckled. "Most of them are enchanted anyway. There's this one girl in cabin 7 who swears by bubble gum arrows. Oh, are you an archery gal?" she asked, watching an Apollo girl walk past in a shimmering blue and silver dress.

Step aside, b!tches.
    Kylie had let go of her drink and was turning it up on the dancefloor like the [drag]queen she was. Spinning on the edge of her stilettos, dropping down, twerking, shaking her hips, ...then she fell into a front split. Threw her hair back. Got back up and went right back to her swaying dirty dancing moves, golden coins jiggling on her hips. She saw people in prom dresses, tuxedos, lacey stuff and whatnot. God, fancy dress doesn't mean 'dress fancy', children. It means come in a costume. Look it up before you show up!
    randomfangirl

Female

Post by randomfangirl 7/13/2016, 3:10 pm

Alice turned when somebody addressed her and smiled. "That's me," she agreed, and having vaguely heard their conversation as background noise she added, "Yeah, the sucker punch arrows aren't exactly practical, but hey, it's one way to get someone's attention."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 7/13/2016, 7:35 pm

Daeseung batted her eyelids as the girl in the blue and silver dress came to talk to them. She obviously had thought her last statement was aimed at her, when in fact Daeseung had meant it for Elise. But, she didn't want to make her feel uncomfortable.

"Well, you should know. I'm more of a crossbow and daggers person myself," she admitted with a fruity giggle.
    ZephixVI

Male

Post by ZephixVI 7/13/2016, 8:15 pm

"I guess I just need practice," Elise said with a smile, leaning against the counter.. "But the enchantments may give them a bit of an edge, that's true."

She was about to continue to say she was big on archery, but then another girl came by and started responding to that bit herself. She must have assumed that she was talking to her. Elise wasn't going to kick her out of the conversation though. She seemed nice anyway. If anything, Elise should try and bring her into the fold a bit.

"Well if anything you can be the one girl who can punch a bird out of the sky..." She chuckled, deciding to subtlety answer Daeseung's earlier question while she was at it. "Personally, I'm a bit of an archery girl myself. I like to assume I'm somewhat good at it," she grinned. "I use a dagger if things get a bit close, but I can't quite relate to your crossbow experience here. I could probably figure it out though. I like to think I'm fairly decent all around."
    Belle
    Belle

Female
    Number of posts : 1431
    Registration date : 2013-05-28

Post by Belle 7/14/2016, 2:50 am

After her long ramble about different parts of history Robert mentioned that he had indeed already known the facts that she had mentioned. Her mouth opened in a bit of a gap. Why she was surprised she didn't quite know, he was an intelligent guy from what she had seen in the last couple days with the decoration committee.

"Oh that? I learned something that while I took world history in school. It was my favourite subject and I wanted to get ahead of the game, so I did all these tiny reports on different countries and in my research I had found some odd little facts reading through the books in the library. I don't usually get that involved in a subject but art or history I know quite a bit about." Aurelia said with a beaming smile on her face as she walked over to the drinks section with Robert.

As they walked over he began to mention all the different drinks that were more native to the area and just listening to them she got a look of disgust forming on her face. As it was something that she had disliked. "I think I'll stick to juice or something."

Going up to the drinks area she ordered herself an apple juice. She knew this was prom and some people would be trying to drink alcohol, but she wasn't really for underage drinking too much. She didn't quite understand the need to drink so much.

----

The daughter of Jupiter's teasing had been put to a halt along with their dancing. Now the tables were turned and Dimitri was in full power to tease her. Her cheeks turned to many different shades of pink before they turned to a red. Even though her cheeks flushed a lot of colour into them and she could feel her heart beating at an increased rate. She was happy. Dominika could not be more content than she was in that moment, because she knew the worst he would say would be something about "not now" but it wouldn't be a "no way" not ever.

Just before she heard his first question she felt him pull her in and hold her close. His embrace was warm and comforting."Whenever the time feels right." She said calmly as her smile grew wider and wider. To see him so happy only made herself begin to feel happy. This was usually how it went, being around Dimitri made her the happiest she had ever been. Even when she was down he was around to make everything better. He would build her up and in return she would build him up. It wasn't long before he kissed her and after the long kiss, she gave a quick peck back.

"I will go wherever you go, you're my home, and wherever we decide will make a great home." She said with a soft tone. There was a lot of people around the pair, but none of them even registered in Dominika's brain. In that moment it was just her and Dimitri and nothing else mattered. None of the problems in the world they lived in entered her mind, it was peaceful, and she wanted it to be like this all the time. That was part of what made the choice to want to marry Dimitri so easy. He made everything better just by simply being in her life. He made everything else go away. "Then it's a church wedding we'll have. I never met them, but I'm sure they were the best people around to have raised someone like you, they deserve to see a church wedding, even if it's not from the pews."
    randomfangirl

Female

Post by randomfangirl 7/14/2016, 8:21 am

OOC: I am so sorry! You said "while watching her walk past" and for some reason I assumed that meant you were talking to her.

Alice felt a faint blush appear as she realised her mistake from their tone, but they seemed to be okay with her staying so she decided to just shrug (internally) and go on with it.

When the other girl said something about being good all round, she added, "See, this is my problem, I can do archery but close-up I literally have no skills whatsoever."

This was an understatement. Swords were too big and clumsy, daggers meant you had to get even more close up, and her diminutive size was a big weakness, too. She had neither the patience to practise, nor the ability to swallow her pride enough to ask people for help; so she remained only good at archery, which of course her parentage meant she was naturally brilliant at.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 7/14/2016, 9:03 am

"That's a matter of practice," Daeseung commented, "but I understand sticking with what you're most comfortable with. That being said, I think it's still good from a strategic point of view," she glanced at Elise, "to learn more than one weapon. You never know what kinda situation the Fates are gonna throw you into so you better be prepared." She grabbed a snack and popped it into her mouth.
    ZephixVI

Male

Post by ZephixVI 7/14/2016, 7:41 pm

"She's right you know," Elise nodded. "It's good to get some close-ranged combat experience in, at least enough to get by on. If you're not prepared it could seriously backfire," she pointed out. Elise thought about pointing to the scar that she'd gotten above her eyebrow a few months back to drive the point home, but she couldn't swallow her pride to admit that she'd gotten that careless back home. She just hoped they'd take her word for it. "But you sound like you speak from experience there," Elise quickly moved on, glancing at Daeseung. "Or am I mistaken?"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 7/15/2016, 9:03 am

"Not yet, but I'm prepared. I can use a sword pretty decently, same with spears, and I've had an awesome teacher for trident and net. That was actually helpful for this one time where we went to New Rome for gladiator games," she remembered. "I went as a retiarius."
    ZephixVI

Male

Post by ZephixVI 7/15/2016, 9:48 pm

"Really now?" Elise smiled, sounding quite impressed. "I have to imagine you're pretty decent with it if you chose that weapon going into the arena," she nodded. "I have to admit, I'm a bit jealous of that. I'd love to go to New Rome so much, I just simply haven't gotten around to it. No real reason for that though," she shrugged. Elise was very intrigued by the city, mainly because of it's historical aspects. That and it was a safe haven for demigods that was also a freaking city. That was seriously cool in her book. "I could probably learn a trick or two while I'm there anyhow."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 7/16/2016, 6:31 am

She shrugged. "Still got beaten by Mike Kahale. But hey, I did get third place." Listening to Elise, Daeseung nodded. "You get to stay with the Legion so yeah, you do learn a few tricks. I loved riding the giant eagles. But, I haven't been there in a while, should probably get on that."
    ZephixVI

Male

Post by ZephixVI 7/16/2016, 4:20 pm

"You and me both..." Elise huffed, leaning back against the counter. "Giant eagles sound great," she smiles. She totally wanted one. "Soooo..." Elise trailed off, looking up at Daeseung again. "Out of pure 'curiosity'," she smirked. "What's the process about heading out there again?"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 7/16/2016, 4:51 pm

"What do you mean?" she asked.

OOC: Sorry one liner
    ZephixVI

Male

Post by ZephixVI 7/16/2016, 11:00 pm

"It's a bit of a rhetorical question, I won't lie..." Elise shrugged. "I know travel between the camps is pretty open now. I'm just not sure who I talk to to start the process of heading over to the Legion for a bit... I could always ask Chiron though. Really any offical... just talking out loud... sorry," Elise smiled awkwardly. Sometimes her head got ahead of her mouth and she just couldn't stop. "Because uh... you know. Both camps are organized so you basically transfer... oh yea, you know." She shook her head. "Oh. And... Elise," she smiled awkwardly, extending her hand out to her. She just realized she hadn't introduced herself to the girl this entire time.

OOC: Oh, it's fine. I didn't give you much to go on, so I'm sorry there.
    Metilinos
    Metilinos

Male
    Number of posts : 565
    Registration date : 2014-11-08

Post by Metilinos 7/16/2016, 11:32 pm

It was refreshing to see someone else who knew so much about foreign countries, and if he was lucky, foreign policy. You could talk to just about anyone in the Athena cabin about most scientific studies and subjects, and they would at least know something about it. Mathematics was even more commonly mastered, but history was a much more rare subject. Robert firmly believed much more could be learned from history than actual lessons on scientific practices. Science was constantly changing, almost faster than Robert could keep up with it. Almost. Meanwhile, while new foundings could be found, history remained generally similar to former beliefs.

Robert cracked a slight smirk when she mentioned she'd stick to juice. It was a peculiar comment, for whatever reason, he found it amusing. "Did you know orange juice is usually made with all of the air compressed out of it in order to make it preserve longer?" Robert asked her. He was pretty sure she had mentioned she was vegan at one point, but he wasn't entirely sure. When they sat down, Robert didn't order a drink yet. A bar was a peculiar touch to prom. Couldn't they just do a punch table if they weren't going with an "arabian" theme for the drinks? He supposed the Hermes kids would have that spiked faster than the Dionysus kids.

From his peripherals, he noticed the red hair. He was just about ready to ask Lia if she knew about the benefits of red hair, then he noticed it was Annie. They were friends, at least, that was what they had said they were. Robert had considered asking her to go previously, as friends, but decided it might not be the most appropriate. He'd also spotted his half sister Elise, further down the stools, but decided not to butt in on her conversation. "Annie!" Robert called to her, waving her over.

---------------

Dimitri's hands readjusted on his girlfriend, pulling her in closer to himself, not that there was really any room before. They were so close together that it would be easy to miss one of them if you weren't paying attention. They were no strangers to being close, after all, one was generally clinging to the other, depending on the day. The smooth fabric in his hands felt cool, though his cheeks still felt intensely warm. The lights were anything but relaxed; they flowed and changed colors like wildfire. These were all things that didn't cross his mind, the world simply dissolved around him, leaving just his bride-to-be in front of him.

A grin appeared on the demigod's face. "I hope y'know what you're gettin' into." Dimitri warned, in a playful voice. His fingers gently drummed in a non-existent rhythm on her sides. "If'ya want it to be your dream day, just know they really know how to take their time." Dimitri teased her. He'd only ever gone to Sunday mass a rare few times on special occasions. "My dad's typical rule've thumb was to take Sundays off've work, unless the rabbits we're commin' in. Only ever been to Sunday mass a few times in my life. Somehow I don't think we'd exactly be listenin', sittin' in those pews." Dimitri concluded, his grin widening as he planted a kiss on Dominika.

"We could always go back to Russia, don't think I'd ever get 'round to bein' able to understand everyone though. There's always where home used to be." Dimitri whispered. There were no bad memories waiting to flash before his eyes for once. It was still peaceful. Dimitri's chest was still full of glee, and maybe some nervousness.

He wasn't sure if Dominika was mortal at this point. Aphrodite herself would be jealous.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 7/17/2016, 4:51 am

OOC: Prom will close tomorrow. Just a heads up.

BIC: "Oh, yeah, you talk to Chiron. Generally there are organized week-ends where either we go over or they come over, but you can also just go solo. A couple of people do that." She shook her hand with a nod. "Hwan Dae Seung. Daughter of Deimos by the way."
    ZephixVI

Male

Post by ZephixVI 7/17/2016, 1:36 pm

"Oh, so not quite Phobos then?" Elise smiled, shaking her hand. "Well it's a pleasure nonetheless. I'm guessing I'd have gotten it. ... Eventually." She was honestly upset she immediately assumed her parent was Phobos. That's where she came into the conversation after all. It didn't matter in the slightest, but Elise still found herself being hard on herself for little things like that from time to time.

"But I do think I'll see about taking a trip up... I've honestly got no reason to," she smiled. "Maybe I'll get a chance to see you clean shop in the gladiator fights. You know, before I spot that other kid. What was his name... Kahale?" She smiled teasingly. "I mean... If he wins the whole thing I'd probably lose if I went up against him, but hey, I'm always up for a challenge," she teased. "But no, in all seriousness I'm staying out of those until I know the basics. Probably lose is more like a definitely."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 7/18/2016, 2:54 am

Prom is closed! Thank you to all for this beautiful night.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 3/28/2024, 5:30 am