A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

3 posters

The Year-Rounders [Open]

DireTheDemigod
    DireTheDemigod

Male
    Number of posts : 85
    Registration date : 2016-05-30

The Year-Rounders [Open] Empty The Year-Rounders [Open]

Post by DireTheDemigod 10/18/2016, 1:14 am

Dire Cristolle was always labelled as a year-rounder.
    He was never bothered by that, due to the fact of he had absolutely nowhere else to go.
    The only thing that really bothered him, was all of his friends- including his camp crush: Annalise- weren't there.

Now Dire had gotten accustomed to helping out around the camp, and was actually kind of upset to hear that he wasn't going to be needed.
    So he lazed the day away in his cabin and at the basketball court.
    He wanted someone to talk to, so he tried to exercise the craziness.
    "Where have y'all been?" He asked

Well, we're YOUR thoughts idiot... So, we've been pretty unused.

I agree. You are very absent-minded...

"Fine... Stay that way then."

At around sunset, Dire decided to get some fresh air. He enjoyed the outdoors much more than he should, being as he lived outdoors most of his life.
    He grabbed his guitar and a chair, he set them out more towards the center of all the cabins.
    He began to strum the song Lean On Me flawlessly.
    His strumming went to humming.
    He then found himself singing the song softly.

AutumnSiren
    AutumnSiren

Male
    Number of posts : 289
    Registration date : 2016-01-16

The Year-Rounders [Open] Empty Re: The Year-Rounders [Open]

Post by AutumnSiren 10/18/2016, 3:46 am

Josh Amun pretty much stayed in cabin twenty for most of the day, reading, listening to music, and the occasional flurry of scratching his fountain pen against his one of his many notebooks when inspiration had struck. This was one of his ways of releasing stress. He could have gone home for the school year, his dad would have just thought he went somewhere with his friends for the summer, but he didn't want to ever see that abusive household again .His father was something he could, and gladly would, live without.

Eventually, he left the cabin fed up with his way of dealing with everything, and went for a run. As he ran he listened to a couple of Owl City's albums. He came back to the cabins around sundown, listening Fireflies for the third time. He saw a kid siting in the middle of the cabins, he had black hair and, from what Josh saw, he had red irises. He was playing a guitar, and appeared to be sing softly.

Josh walked up next to the kid, and made a wooden chair out of the mist and sat next to him. He turned off his noise cancelling Bose headphones, and his iPod. As he took his head phones off, he heard the last wisps of music from Lean On Me. The music had brought his wandering mind to the notebook he had stashed in his pocket. This notebook specifically held his attempts of making a song, it was full of ideas, lyrics, notes, and song titles.
    DireTheDemigod
    DireTheDemigod

Male

Post by DireTheDemigod 10/19/2016, 1:28 am

Dire was truly entranced as he was singing, anytime he sang it reminded him of his sister.
    No tears came this time, but the monotony of the day had definitely brought his lingering sadness back from the grave.
    Though, he didn't show it, the kid startled him.
    He finished the song and saw the notebook.
    He had an amazingly happy tone, "Hey, whatcha writin'?"
    AutumnSiren
    AutumnSiren

Male

Post by AutumnSiren 10/19/2016, 3:50 am

Josh may have cringed little, he might not have, but if someone asks you something you gotta answer.
    He took a couple of milliseconds to answer, and hide his insecurities.
    "Nothing at the moment, I use this notebook for my attempts at making songs." He waved the little red book around a little. "I use my other notebooks for other creative outlets." He gave a small but kind smile.
    Josh extended his hand, "I'm Josh, by the way."
    With his free hand he flipped open his notebook and leafed his way to the closest blank page (with a little amount of trouble), showing all of his scribbles of lyrics and notes along the way.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male
    Number of posts : 4470
    Registration date : 2014-11-16

Post by Green 10/19/2016, 3:07 pm

The Year-Rounders [Open] Tumblr_inline_nf286wxXLo1qlcono

Jedidiah walked from the Athena cabin with a book underneath her arm and across the courtyard. She decided that since it was such a beautiful day (like most days at camp unless Dionysus wasn't feeling his happiest) and wanted to read her book on pre-colonial North America before she headed to the mess hall pavilion to get something to eat for dinner. Her hair was pulled back into a ponytail and tossed over her shoulder so that he didn't get in the way of her reading. Picking a spot, the African-American daughter of Athena took a seat by the campfire and started to read her book.
    DireTheDemigod
    DireTheDemigod

Male

Post by DireTheDemigod 10/19/2016, 7:26 pm

Dire smiled at Josh warmly, "I'm Dire! Nice to meet ya!!!"
    He always paused a few ticks to allow the strangeness of his eyes and his name to sink in.

He nodded at the notebook, "You write songs? That's really cool! Have you ever finished one?"

He noticed the girl come out of the Athena cabin and waved nicely when she looked at them.
    AutumnSiren
    AutumnSiren

Male

Post by AutumnSiren 10/19/2016, 10:27 pm

Josh's grew wider and warmer, "Nice to meet you to!" He pondered the reason Dire had red contacts, he probably just liked the look of them. Though, in all honesty, he really liked the idea.

No, I haven't finished a song yet. I have one that's nearly finished, I just need to finish writing it. he shrugged, "I'm still stumped on how to finish it though." Josh, uncapped his antique fountain pen and tapped it against the page.

Josh noticed the Athena girl as she walked by the fire, he gave a small wave to her as she sat down near it.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 10/19/2016, 11:12 pm

Jed gave the two guys a quick, analytical once over before waving back. The other reason why she decided to come out and read was to start networking with the other demigods at camp. Her friends were few and she wanted to reach out to those around her and possibly have a mutual relationship.

After opening her book, Jedidiah decided to address the two boys. "I'm Jedidiah. Daughter of Athena." Her grey eyes locked on both of their faces before sharply turning away back to the pages of her book.
    DireTheDemigod
    DireTheDemigod

Male

Post by DireTheDemigod 10/20/2016, 2:17 am

Dire loved writing, and music was his forté. He was elated to have an opprotunity to show that off.

He smiled as the girl revealed her name. "Hi, Jedidiah! Me and Josh were just about to write a song! Or at least finish one..." He glanced at Josh, "Right Josh? Maybe she could help!""

The truth was, Dire was a lot smarter than he was letting on.
    He could tell that Jedidiah wasn't really into that book.
    He-
    Train of thought, leaving the station!!!
    He began to wonder if Josh was a tenor like he was.
    "Josh, do you sing as well?"
    AutumnSiren
    AutumnSiren

Male

Post by AutumnSiren 10/20/2016, 4:25 am

"Yeah, she can help out if she feels up to it, or wants to." It was her choice, and his mom being being the goddess of crossroads, which means at least three choices. Keywords at least.

"You can join in anytime you feel like, Jedidiah." He turned back to Dire.
    "Uhh, kinda. I sing more as a hobby than anything else. He shrugged, "Maybe we could raid the music room for stuff if need be, or we could use the music room to record it, you know add effects and things." He said this a little tediously.

"We don't have to do that right now though."
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 10/22/2016, 12:32 am

"Thanks for the invitation, but I will pass. I'm currently reading this book." Jed didn't even have to stop reading to talk to the two demigods. Her mind could do two things at once almost perfectly. "What genre are you two working on?"
    DireTheDemigod
    DireTheDemigod

Male

Post by DireTheDemigod 10/24/2016, 12:17 am

Dire began warming his nearly flawless tenor voice up as he pondered Jed's question.
    "I'm not sure... Josh, what kind of song is it?"
    He asked with the same dumb smile.
    ((OOC: Sorry, I have been ridiculously busy.))
    AutumnSiren
    AutumnSiren

Male

Post by AutumnSiren 10/25/2016, 5:32 am

Josh grabbed a new chair, he let the one he created from the mist evaporate into thin air.
    "I was kinda going for an Indie pop or Indie Electronica kinda vibe."
    He flipped back through the pages to the song they were currently talking, and soon to be working, on.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 3/28/2024, 5:05 pm