A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Camp Bound Private

Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male
    Number of posts : 4470
    Registration date : 2014-11-16

Camp Bound Private  Empty Camp Bound Private

Post by Green 2/6/2017, 9:58 pm

Camp Bound Private  Tumblr_inline_o158wllC8c1sjzta5_500
     Cypress nervously looked over his shoulder as his steps quickened against the sidewalk. The feeling of being followed was increasing with each day since he was thirteen years old. It started with feeling like something was staring at him through his bedroom window. It had gotten worse over the past four years and hated it. His father and step mother didn't want him leaving out of the house whenever it got dark and wouldn't even let him go anywhere too far away from home. They knew something that he didn't and he hated it. The black American stuffed his hands into his blue jean pockets and turned the corner, accidently running into someone.

"Hmph! I'm so, sorry!" Cypress' phone fell out of his hand and fumbled to the ground. Ariana Grande's new album was blurring through his earbuds. He immediately bent down to pick up his iPhone unaware of the danger lurking around.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female
    Number of posts : 5516
    Registration date : 2010-03-03

Camp Bound Private  Empty Re: Camp Bound Private

Post by QMeetsWorld 2/7/2017, 11:41 am

Camp Bound Private  Tumblr_oj6qndNDMe1qhrjoho2_400

Adriaan had always felt like someone was nearby and watching him since he was around 13. Back in the Netherlands, there usually was. Not only did all of his classmates love him, but so did the whole town. He couldn't go anywhere without someone talking to him. That didn't explain why he felt it, and felt it so much stronger, since coming to America. Anytime that Adriaan was walking, especially alone, he felt painfully nervous. His twitch was worse than ever, and his parents were starting to notice.

Adriaan was walking down a back street that day when he felt it. He was carrying is hockey bag and his stick. His headphones were on and he was listening to some Ed Sheeran music. He was completely distracted when he felt someone slam into him. He dropped his hockey stick. "Oh kerel, ik ben droevig" Adriaan responded, by reflex, in Dutch. He translated himself, quickly. "Oh, dude, I'm sorry." Adriaan said, his head twitching quickly, and his Dutch accent strong.

Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 2/7/2017, 11:57 am

At first, Cypress didn't know what the guy was saying. He thought it was German or Finnish originally, but he may have been wrong. "No, I was looking where I was going. I'm sorry." The streetlight fickered on the corner as storm clouds gathered above their heads. It wasn't unusual for it to rain in Washington, but for some reason, today felt particularly off. When he stood up, he brushed off his pants and adjusted his long sleeve gray and green shirt. "I wasn't looking where I-I was going."
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 2/8/2017, 2:17 am

Adriaan shrugged. He wasn't really planning on fighting the guy on whose fault it was that they bumped shoulders. Adriaan bent down and picked up his hockey stick, nodding at the boy, about to leave. "God, ik haat deze plek." Adriaan said, as he looked up at the dark sky above him. Adriaan sighed, looking back at the other boy "I'm sorry, I need to stop doing that. I was just saying that I hate this place." Adriaan realized how bad that sounded. "I don't mean any offense by that, I'm sorry. I'm just not from here and the weather is absolutely rotten." Adriaan pulled his headphones the rest of the way off and looked the boy over. The green of his shirt contrasted greatly with the maroon of Adriaan's zip-up hoodie, the hood of which was pulled over his head. He offered a hand to the boy. "Adriaan Jannsen. I'm from Utrecht, in the Netherlands."

Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 2/8/2017, 2:34 am

Cypress smirked. "No, I completely understand. I'm not from here either." He laughed a little out of nervousness and stuffed his iPhone into his pocket and shook his hand. "I'm Cypress Magnanimity. From Memphis, Tennessee, but my family is Ethiopia." The unclaimed demigod scratched the back of his neck and looked around. "Nice accent by the way." Cypress looked around again and looked over his shoulder to see an old woman staring at them. He recognized her from his church when she arrived a few weeks ago. He gave her a kind smile and turned back to Adriaan. "So...when did you move to Washington?"

QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 2/8/2017, 1:30 pm

Adriaan's face fell. "I'm going to be honest, mate, I don't know where Tennessee is." Adriaan said, trying to sound out the place that Cypress said he was from. On top of the weird name of the place that he was from, he also had a weird name, Adriaan noted. That didn't matter though, especially when he complimented his accent. "Thanks." Adriaan smiled. Honestly, having an accent made him nervous, especially having an accent that was not necessarily easily recognized, like if he was from England or France. "I moved here in June. My dad got a promotion." Adriaan followed Cypress's eyeliner to the old lady. "Do you know her?" Adriaan asked quiety.

Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 2/8/2017, 2:18 pm

Cypress nodded his head. "She came to my church a month or so ago. Always sat in the back." He answered, puling out his phone to check the time. "So, why did your family move from universal health care to here?" If Cypress had the chance to move, it certainly wouldn't be to America. Taking in a deep breath, he gave Adriaan a smile. "And Tennessee is in the south. A place that I'm glad that I moved from. Anyway," Cypress shook his head and chuckled.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 2/8/2017, 3:43 pm

Adriaan kept an eye on the woman as he talked to Cypress. She wasn't moving. Honestly, Adriaan wasn't even sure if she was breathing. "My dad owned a restaurant and brewery back in Haarzuilens which was bought out by an American brand about 5 years ago. My dad was put in charge of the Netherlands region of the brand then. This year, he got an offer to move here and be the head of the whole international brand. The money and the prestige was too much to pass up." Adriaan explained. He set his hockey bag down, deciding not to bare the weight when he didn't know how long this would be. "Oh, I've heard bad things about the South. Also, about this country in general."

Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 2/8/2017, 3:54 pm

"That sounds very interesting, Adriaan. About your dad and his restaurant business." Cypress smiled a bit more before looking over his shoulder to see that the woman had moved behind the two teenagers. "That's weird." He shook his head and turned to look at Adriaan. "Sorry, uh, yeah. Especially if you look like," He gestured to his skin color and soon his bright face dimmed some. He cleared his throat and looked down at their feet. The feeling of being watch increased and he turned so that his body was facing Adriaan's and the old woman was to his side. "Sorry, I didn't mean to bring the conversation there."
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 2/8/2017, 10:41 pm

Adriaan scratched the back of his head. "Yeah, yeah I understand. I'm lucky enough to be white, but not lucky enough to be American. A lot of people, well, they hear an accent, or, God forbid, another language and they just make assumptions. But y'know." Adriaan said, his head twitching a little as he talked. He tried desperately to keep his twitch under control, but it wasn't working. The combination of the conversation and the growing feeling that someone was closing in on them was making it worse. Adriaan picked up his bag, keeping his eyes locked on the woman. "Do you wanna go to the rink with me? I feel weird just chatting in the middle of the street." Adriaan said, nodding his head lightly at the woman, hoping that Cypress would understand his concerns.

Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 2/8/2017, 11:40 pm

Cypress didn't need to turn his head to know what Adriaan was talking about. "Uh, yeah, sure." Cypress took out his phone and texted his dad that he would be late getting home and undid his earbuds from his iPhone and stuffed both into his khaki joggers. The woman continued to stare at the two before slowly walking in the opposite direction. Even with her leaving, the black American still felt very uncomfortable. "Let's hurry up and go. The hairs on the back of my neck are standing up."
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 2/9/2017, 12:00 am

]

Adriaan nodded, understandably. "Same." Adriaan pulled his stuff up onto his shoulder and turned back the way he was coming. It was only about a block before they reached the rink. Adriaan dug his hand into his pocket and pulled out his wallet. He pulled out an ID card and swiped it, unlocking the door. "My dad's company owns this rink. It was literally in my dad's contract that I could get in whenever I liked." Adriaan pushed the door open for him and Cypress, quickly locking it behind them. The first place that Adriaan went was the security room. He checked all the cameras to make sure no one else was inside. They were all clear. Adriaan walked back out to Cypress. "It's all clear." Adriaan pushed the next set of doors open and they entered the top of the stands for the rink. He shut the door, locking those, too. "Do you ever get a strong feeling that someone is always following you?"

Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 2/9/2017, 12:11 am

"All the time." Cypress answered, looking around the rink. It must've been so nice to have the amount of wealth that Adriaan and his family seem to have obtained. Cypress followed Adriaan into the rink. "...You must live in a gated community with the amount your father must make." He stated to break the silence.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 2/9/2017, 1:16 pm

Adriaan chuckled a bit. "It's... um... less of a gated community and more of a gated property. You know the large properties on the north side? Yeah, I live in one of those." Adriaan was always used to having money. When his dad got his promotion back in the Netherlands, his family became one of the wealthiest in the country, and the wealthiest in Utrecht, but that was nothing compared to being wealthy in the States. Adriaan walked down the steps of the rink. He dropped his bag as he walked into the bench area. He unzipped it, looking Cypress up and down. "There are other skates in there. They should fit you. We are around the same size." Adriaan said, sitting down to lace up his skates.

Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 2/9/2017, 4:15 pm

Cypress had never tried ice skating before, but he always wanted to try it out. Granted, he'd look like an idiot, but it wasn't like he was going to see Adriaan again. "Alright." Cypress walked over to grab a pair of skates and sat down beside Ardiaan. He took off his own shoes and put on the skates. "This...should be fun." He laughed nervously.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 2/9/2017, 9:56 pm

Adriaan tightened his skates and then threw a lot of pucks on the ice and then hopped gracefully over the rink wall as he grabbed his hockey sticks. Adriaan warmed up, skating around the ice and stretching his torso and arms. He slid by and hit a puck with his stick, slapping it into the net. Adriaan turned around and scared back over to where Cypress was. "I can open this for you." Adriaan put his arm behind the rink wall and opened the latch to open the door so that Cypress didn't have to hop over the wall. He didn't know how much experience Cypress had on skates, so he didn't want to assume. "So, tell me about when you get this watched feeling."

Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 2/9/2017, 10:27 pm

"Thank you." Cypress slowly made his way inside of the rink and prayed to God that he didn't fall down and make a fool of himself. "It's like they're eyes always following me. Not like Big Brother or anything, but actual eyes. I know it sounds crazy, but when I'm alone, that's when I start feeling them more intensely. It started when I was thirteen and I've hated it ever since." Cypress avoided eye contact with Adriaan. He decided to try his hand at skating. He let go of the side and slowly started to slide toward the center with his arms out. "Woah..."
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 2/10/2017, 12:03 pm

Adriaan laughed a tiny bit as he watched Cypress struggle on the ice. Being on the ice was more natural for him than walking was for him. Adriaan slapped some pucks into the net as he listened to Cypress talk about how he felt. With every sentence, Adriaan related more and more. When he was done explaining his situation, Adriaan skated over to him, stopping his stumbling. Adriaan set the butt of his stick on the ice. "I've felt exactly the same way. Since when I was 13, too. I always thought it was just because so many people knew me back in Utrchet, but it continued when I came here. I've never felt it as strong as today, though." Adriaan looked at Cypress. "I don't know, it's nothing, I'm guessing." Adriaan said, skating away from Cypress.

Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 2/10/2017, 1:46 pm

Cypress looked up from the ground to the Dutch teenager with his arms still out to keep his balance. "Mm, maybe you're superheroes. Like Jessica Jones or Luke Cage." He said jokingly. Unknowingly, both Adriaan and Cypress were special. More so than any superhero could ever be. Well, except for Wonder Woman. Cypress tried his hand at skating. He thrusted himself forward with his right foot. "Hey, I think I-Ah!"  The next thing Cypress knew, he was on his back. "...Ow."

Last edited by Green on 2/10/2017, 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 2/10/2017, 4:03 pm

Adriaan helped pull Cypress up off the ice. Adriaan took a deep breath. "That may not be as far fetched as you think." Adriaan mumbled. Adriaan looked over at Cypress. "I can do this thing. I don't really know how but I can. Just, please don't freak." Adriaan took a deep breath and then skated with a puck to the far end of the ice. Adriaan set the puck on the ice and then shouted lightly. When he was focused, he could see the sound waves as a seafoam-y green color. Adriaan used his brain to bend the waves, and they pushed the puck across the ice, a little bit harder than he meant, and it ripped through the back of the net. Adriaan looked at Cypress.

Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 2/10/2017, 5:44 pm

Cypress' eyes went wide and he stared at Adriaan. Maybe he was like him? Special? "A-Adriaan?" He took some shaky steps toward him. Not only did he feel like he wasn't alone, but he felt more afraid than ever. "Adriaan, h-how did you do that?" Once he got close enough, he grabbed him by his arm to help steady himself. So many thoughts was going through his head right now, but the one thing that remained constant is just one sentence: I'm not alone. I'm not alone. I'm not alone. Cypress was about to say something when there came a loud bang from the door they walked into. His heart jumped and soon enough that feeling of being watched increased ten fold. "...What was that?" He whispered.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 2/11/2017, 1:00 am

Adriaan shook his head. "I really don't know how I do it. I can, like, if I focus, I can see the sound waves. Then I can... what's a good word... bend them with my mind to move stuff. I'm not very good at it, though. I just don't actually know why I can do it, you see." Adriaan skated over to the opposite side of the rink gracefully and started to pull the pucks out of the net when he heard the crash of the doors upstairs. Adriaan ignored the bad feeling, something he had gotten very good at. "It's probably just one of my teammates. They stop in if they see the lights up, a lot." Adriaan hopped over the rink wall and but his blade guards on his skates. He climbed the stairs quickly. When he opened the door to the lobby, though, he didn't see what he expected. Adriaan slammed the door back shut.

Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 2/11/2017, 1:22 am

The hairs on the back of Cypress' neck stood up. That's when he knew something was wrong. Just behind the door was the old woman, though, she didn't look like how she did before. "What's going on?!" Cypress called as he took off the skates and put on his shoes. The villainous from upstairs became more frantic.
    "Let me in! I'm just an old woman after all, right?!" The elderly woman hissed. She was determined to get inside of the skating rink.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 2/11/2017, 1:51 am

Adriaan took his hockey stick and wedged the handle of it in the door. He had a feeling that wouldn't keep the old women at bay for very long, but maybe it would do something. Adriaan hurried down the stairs and kicked his skates off. Adriaan slipped his tennis shoes on. "I don't know what she wants, but I have a feeling that she's not here for skating lessons." Adriaan slipped his coat back on and flipped the hood up. "There is a back way out. If we go through the tunnel and into the locker room. Maybe my dad will be able to get rid of her if we go back to my place." Adriaan suggested.

Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 2/11/2017, 3:02 am

Cypress knew this was bad idea. The unclaimed demigod took a few steps back. "A tunnel? Great because I feel like that hockey stic--." Just then the door busted open and a the woman was a fury. Cypress let out a scream and immediately ran around the ice. He knew better than to try and run across the ice. "Adriaan!" He grabbed the Dutch's hand and ran for the other exit. "Where is the tunnel?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content