A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Camp Bound Private

QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female
    Number of posts : 5516
    Registration date : 2010-03-03

Camp Bound Private  - Page 2 Empty Re: Camp Bound Private

Post by QMeetsWorld 2/11/2017, 3:11 pm

Camp Bound Private  - Page 2 Tumblr_oj6qndNDMe1qhrjoho2_400

Adriaan swore in Dutch when the "woman" flew in. Fortunately, he had as much balance on ice as he did on the ground, or he would have been on his backside on the ice. "What on Earth is that thing?" Adriaan grumbled as Cypress latched himself on to his arm. He didn't have time to figure it out though. Adriaan ran over towards the tunnel and practically pulled Cypress along behind him. He got past the gates and then ran through the tunnel. Once they got into the large locker room, Adriaan ran to the door on the far side. He reached into his pocket to grab his keys, but came out empty. He swore in Dutch. "Stay here, Cypress. I can't have you wiping out on the ice. I'll be back."

Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male
    Number of posts : 4470
    Registration date : 2014-11-16

Post by Green 2/11/2017, 3:30 pm

Camp Bound Private  - Page 2 Tumblr_inline_o158wllC8c1sjzta5_500
    "What?! No!" Cypress panted heavily. He leaned his back up against the set of lockers and shook his head breathlessly. "Haven't you seen American horror movies?! Two things: We never split up and the black guy always die first!" Cypress was panicking right now and the last thing he needed was for Adriaan to go off and get those keys. "Look, we stay together no matter what. We're connected somehow so that means whatever happens to you happens to me. Got it?" He took in a deep breath and finally made himself calm. "We're in this together." This time when he said it, it was to convince himself that they were. He didn't want to be left alone. Not right now at least.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 2/12/2017, 12:39 pm

Adriaan rubbed his middle finger and his thumb along his eyebrows and sighed, looking at the ground. "Fine, but if we have any chance of getting out of here, we need those keys." Adriaan said. He heard a loud crash outside and swore in Dutch again. "If we can get in eyesight of them, with no glass between me and them, I should be able to use my... my... y'know. We just need to get out of the tunnel." Adriaan looked around the locker room to see what they had to work with. His heart was racing and adrenaline was coursing through his veins. "Hockey sticks, chairs, skates, pucks, everything in the Zamboni room..." Adriaan said, listing off all the things they could use.

Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 2/12/2017, 1:01 pm

Cypress started to think. He wished that he could help out in some way, but in the rate that they were going, that flying creature was going to kill them both. Cypress looked over at Adriaan, then came up with an idea. "Okay, this is going to sound crazy, but can you intensify a sound? Like a...microphone or speaker?" He asked with his mind going miles a minute. "If so, I can play one of my songs and hopefully it'll be so loud that'll cause it to be disoriented."
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 2/13/2017, 1:48 am

Adriaan's heart was pounding in his ears so hard that he could barely hear Cypress, but he managed to decipher what had been said to him. "Ik ... Ik weet het niet. Ik heb nooit geprobeerd. Ik bedoel, ik denk dat ik het kon. Ik weet alleen niet zeker." Adriaan said, frantically, in Dutch. He swore to himself. "I'm sorry. I just can't think straight. I said, I don't know. I've never tried. I mean, I guess I could. I just don't know for sure." Adriaan translated. He had always kind of feared his abilities. He didn't understand why or how he had them, so rarely did he feel comfortable practicing them. "It's worth a try, I guess." Adriaan said between deep and frantic breathes.

Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 2/13/2017, 1:55 am

At first, Cypress didn't know what Adriaan was saying because he didn't speak Dutch, but luckily, he translated it into English for him. "Oh, okay, okay. So, uh," Cypress fumbled for his phone, but his hands were shaking too much. The villainous came closer and just when Cypress unlocked his phone and started playing Victorious by Panic! At the Disco, the fury burst through the door. "Now! Do it now!" He screamed as the bat-like monster swopped down toward them.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 2/13/2017, 3:44 pm

Adriaan's thoughts were so scattered that he didn't know if he could so much as move a piece of paper right now, but he had to try. Adriaan closed his eyes and took a deep breath, trying to calm down. Once he collected himself a bit, he opened his eyes. "Cover your ears." Adriaan focused in on the sound waves in the room, and then those coming from Cypress' iPod. They pulled themselves out of the texture of the others and with a grunt, Adriaan put everything that he had behind forcing the sound waves to grow. Suddenly, the music was blaring so loudly that Adriaan felt every bone in his body shaking. Adriaan heard the glass doors to the tunnel shatter and loud squealing coming from the creature. Adriaan almost smiled, when suddenly his vision went black and he was on the cold ground.

Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 2/13/2017, 4:24 pm

Cypress covered his ears just in time for the loud blare of sound. Cypress didn't have any idea how Adriaan could do this, but if he was like Jessica Jones or even Luke Cage, then he'll accept it. The unclaimed son of Demeter felt a rush of adrenaline and put in his earbuds for protection. With a shout, he grabbed a hockey stick, snapped it in half and when the creature came low enough, stabbed the broken end into it's eye. This caused the beast to cry out and flip, knocking into the lockers and even into the exit door.

"Adr--!" When he turned to tell his new friend to run, he found him out cold on the floor. "Dammit!" Cypress tried his hardest to pick Adriaan up. His Timberlands crunched the glass underneath him as he finally got Adriaan over his shoulder and ran out, straight for the woods. The whispers that he heard whenever he came close to those woods started back up. He didn't understand what they were saying, but he knew that they wanted to help them.

When Cypress was about five yards into the forest, he fell to his knees and gently pushed Adriaan off his shoulder and onto the grass. Panting, the African American looked over at Adriaan and flopped down across his lower torso. Without knowing it, Cypress had relieved swallow cuts from the shattered glass. He was tired, sweaty, and scared out his mind.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 2/13/2017, 9:25 pm

Adriaan's brain was filled with dreams once he blacked out. He saw images of weird creatures and a strange camp on the water. This wasn't the first time he had seen the camp. He'd been seeing it in his dreams almost as long as he had been feeling the strange feeling of being watched. He'd written notebooks and notebooks on what he had seen. After the dreams of the camp faded, he had a dream that everything was dark and their was a weight on his torso. Oh wait, that's real. Adriaan opened his eyes and looked up at the trees and the moon shining between them. "That creature may not have killed me but now you're going to stop my breathing." Adriaan said, his voice hoarse and his accent exceptionally strong. Adriaan pushed himself up into a sitting position, but his head immediately started spinning. He leaned back to the ground. "I feel like I have been hit by a Mack Truck. I'm not doing that again anytime soon."

Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 2/13/2017, 10:19 pm

"I think you mean 'thank you, Cypress'." He rolled his eyes and got off of Adriaan. The unclaimed Demeter looked over at Adriaan and sighed, touching his forehead. "Good." Cypress shook his head and stared up at the moon. "I-I'm so hungry right now. I could go for some raspberries." He mumbled. Unknown to him, a raspberry bush was at Adriaan's other side. Those didn't grow in the wild like that. Especially in wilderness areas like where they were. "W-what was that thing?"
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 2/14/2017, 11:47 am

Adriaan sat back up. "I have absolutely no clue. It doesn't seem like it should be real." Adriaan said, far calmer than he probably should have been after almost being killed by that crazy thing. Something about being knocked out had managed to calm Adriaan down and clear his brain. Adriaan stood up, thinking he had the strength. He almost immediately doubled over and vomitting into the raspberry bush at his side. Adriaan looked over at Cypress. "Do you still want raspberries? I found some." Adriaan managed to joke. "We should get out of this area. Maybe my dad can help us. I should tell him about the rink, anyway." Adriaan suggested. His dad was probably gonna kill him, but it was worth a try to explain.

[/quote]
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 2/14/2017, 12:02 pm

Cypress knitted his eyebrows and looked at the raspberry bush. That was something else that made him feel uncomfortable. Usually, when he was out in nature, things tended to grow and look more healthier around him. Even the grass around them seemed healthier just by his presence. Maybe Adriaan didn't noticed. Sighing, he crawled over to the bush and started to take the ripe berries from the bush and popped them into his mouth. Gods, did they taste good.

"I need to call my folks too before they send out an amber alert." Cypress was only mildly joking. "Do you still have my phone? If not, I'm gonna need to use yours."
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 2/14/2017, 1:36 pm

Adriaan reached his hand into his back pocket and pulled out Cypress' phone. The screen was absolutely shattered. Apparently he had fallen on it when he passed out. "I am so sorry, mate. I'll buy you a new one. I promise." Adriaan slipped his hand into his front pocket and pulled out his phone, and looked at it. He had some text messages, but nothing out of the ordinary. He felt like everything should be as weird as his situation just was, put the world had gone on anyway. He passed his phone to Cypress.

Adriaan finally felt like he wasn't going to fall over with every step that he took, but he still didn't feel all that great. The unclaimed son of Apollo, paced on around the woods as Cypress used his phone. The panic had started to settle back in. Adriaan started to play through everything that had happened since he ran into Cypress. None of it made sense.

Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 2/14/2017, 3:37 pm

"...Well, I mean, if you're offering. I like iPhones." Cypress smirked and took Adriaan's phone from him and started to dial his father's number. He knew from experience that his father was a worrier such is wear he gets it from. After a couple of rings, his father picked up the phone. "Hey, dad, it's me. I know, I know..." And the conversation went on with a some yelling and a bit of tears. When Cypress hung up the phone, he sighed heavily and touched his head.

"...Adriaan?!" He called, turning around to look for him. Panic entered his heart when he couldn't find him after the first three seconds. When he saw Adriaan's outline, he let out a sigh of relief. "...I talked to my dad and he won't tell me what's going on only that there's a place I need to go."
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 2/15/2017, 12:38 am

Adriaan made his way back over to Cypress once he saw he was no longer on the phone. He looked strained and his eyes were puffy. Adriaan took his phone back and slid it into his pocket, listening to what Cypress had to say about his dad. This day just kept getting stranger. "What do you mean he won't tell you? It could save our lives at this point. And where do we have to go?" He practically shouted. Adriaan's head started spinning again, but this time not from using his gift. "We should go back to my house. It's only about 2 minutes away. Maybe if your dad knows something, my parents will, too. Anyway, if we actually do need to go somewhere, it won't do without a good nights sleep." Adriaan turned around and started in the direction of his house.

Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 2/15/2017, 12:48 am

"Fine, fine! We can go to your house just stop yelling at me." Cypress touched his forehead. So many things were going through his mind and he could barely think straight. The grass at his feet became healthier the longer he stood there. "...The reason why my dad didn't tell me because he said that it would 'make it easier for them to find you'." Repeating that sent shivers down his back. "This is getting too real, Adriaan. What if they're more of those things, huh?"
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 2/15/2017, 1:20 am

"I don't see how telling us will be any worse than if we are going through this all oblivious. That will do nothing but get us killed." Adriaan said with a sort of eerie calm. Adriaan sighed. "I'm sorry for yelling. I'm just... scared." Adriaan admitted. The Dutch boy felt like dropping to the ground and crying, but he couldn't do that. It felt like some kind of fire had been lit in his chest and that was driving him forward. It made it easier to ignore the voices in his head that were telling him that none of this should be possible. It didn't matter what should be, though. This was. "I'm sure their are more. There is no way that we saw the only one ever." Adriaan said quietly and stern. After a few minutes of walking, they popped out of the woods and were in front of the gate to Adriaan's huge house.

Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 2/15/2017, 1:29 am

Cypress stared up at the large house, then at Adriaan, then back at the house again. "Okay, you have a huge house so, yeah." He snorted, shaking his head. This was going to be an interesting conversation. The longer he stood there, the more frequently a question started to sprout. "..Adriaan? Is either of your parents a step parent? Like, my step mom isn't my mom, obviously and whenever I ask about my real mom, he tells me that she's always watching me and that she loves me. He never goes further in detail than that." He turned his attention back to the gate and sighed. Maybe he was thinking too hard about it.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 2/15/2017, 7:19 pm

Adriaan shook his head as he punched in the code to the gate. "I am my parent's son." Adriaan's parents had never explicitly said that they were both his parents, but they would have told him if that weren't the case, right? Adriaan was shaken by a voice from the speaker. It was him mom, and she sounded panicked. "Adriaan, ben jij dat?" (Adriaan, is that you?) Adriaan's mom asked. "Ja, mam, Ik ben het. Laten we nu in." (Yes, Mom, It's me. Now, let us in.) The gate clicked and slid open. Adriaan gestured for Cypress to follow, hurrying up the lawn. Adriaan's mom met them at the door, hugging him. "Is everything okay, Mom? Oh, by the way, this is Cypress. English please, for his sake." Adriaan pushed his way through the door, gesturing Cypress inside, and closing and locking the door. "Dad is down at the rink. The security alarm went off and there is a lot of broken glass. He called and said your stuff was there, but not you." His mom explained.

Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 2/15/2017, 10:27 pm

Cypress gave his mom a small smile and stayed silent as the two interacted. He didn't want to jump in or say anything of line especially he felt that Adriaan should be the one to explain what happened and he'd jump in whenever necessary for clarification or correction. Cypress stood behind Adriaan, staring down at the ground in deep thought.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 2/16/2017, 11:42 am

Adriaan took a deep breath and started to explain everything that had happened to the back at the rink. As he explained, he watched his mom's eyes grow. As scared as she looked, she didn't look surprised. Adriaan had expected her to call him crazy, but she seemed so understanding. "Then I passed out and Cypress here managed to get me out and into the woods. His dad won't tell him what's going on, though." Adriaan finished. His mom sighed. "We were hoping to never have to tell you this, Adriaan, but Dad is, well, not your father. Your father was someone very special. I'm assuming it's the same thing for your friend here." Ms. Janssen said, looking at Cypress. Even though she didn't know Cypress, she looked at him in a way that only a mom could.

Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 2/16/2017, 1:42 pm

Cypress nodded his head. "It is. My dad never talks about my real mom as much as I would want to. He says that it isn't safe, but he told me one time that if she could stay, but something about her brother not allowing her to? I know it sounds weird." Even as he talked with Adriaan and his mom, the potted flowers close to him looked healthier. "What's wrong with us? Why did that thing come after us?"
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 2/17/2017, 10:28 pm

Adriaan felt dizzy again, but this time it was from what his mom was telling him. Adriaan moved them all into the den, where he sat down in a recliner. "Who was my father and what could this possibly have to do this with that winged demon thing back at the rink?" None of this made sense to Adriaan. Why had his parents lied to him? Was his real dad some rich guy or some scientist who had made that creature? Adriaan pulled his knees up. His mom started talking, but then their butler came in. "Can I get you guys something to drink?" He asked. "Can I get a lemonade? Oh, and get Cypress whatever he wants, too."

Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 2/17/2017, 10:45 pm

Cypress turned his head to look at the butler and smiled faintly. "I'll just take a water his agave sweetener. If you don't have it, then it's fine. I'll just take a water." He turned to look at Adriaan, then at his mother. "So, do you think that Adriaan and I are connected in some way or is it not that complex?" The unclaimed demigod looked down at his lap and thought about what happened over the past few hours. Cypress felt so overwhelming that he was almost sick.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 2/19/2017, 4:52 pm

Adriaan and his mom sat silently as they waited for the drinks. Once Adriaan had his lemonade, and Cypress his fancy water, and the door was shut, Adriaan's mom turned to them. "I promise this isn't a lie. Adriaan, your father was a Greek god." Ms. Janssen said quietly. Adriaan looked between his mother and Cypress. "He was... who?" Adriaan gulped. He didn't actually believe it, but some part of him did. That would explain why he could do weird things like what he had done back at the rink. "I don't know exactly who. I have a hunch, and I'm fairly sure it's right, but I don't know for sure." Adriaan looked back at Cypress, shock and panic in his eyes. He was looking for some sort of confirmation either way from Cypress.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content