A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Olympus [Greeks- Summer 2017]

The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female
    Number of posts : 3262
    Registration date : 2014-12-18

Olympus [Greeks- Summer 2017] Empty Olympus [Greeks- Summer 2017]

Post by The Cheshire Cat 6/23/2017, 3:00 pm

Olympus [Greeks- Summer 2017] 11hx99h

ooc: Welcome to the Summer Solstice 2017 visit! 

Please refrain from playing any of the gods; only the admins and I will be able to do so. Every so often the topic will be locked to allow us to respond in an organized manner. (There is no limit to how many characters you can bring, but try not to swamp us with people.)

You will have one extra topic slot per character you use here. 

Please only use GREEK characters here.
    Rick Sanchez
    Rick Sanchez
    Dedicated Member

Male
    Number of posts : 1520
    Registration date : 2015-10-06

Olympus [Greeks- Summer 2017] Empty Re: Olympus [Greeks- Summer 2017]

Post by Rick Sanchez 6/25/2017, 9:37 am

Rick hated summer solstices. It was that time of the year when he was supposed to show 'love and appreciation' to your godly parents by visiting them on Mount Olympus, basically what he perceived as 'a bunch of totalitarian gods sitting on thrones, killing all who oppose them like a dictator and doesn't give a sh*t about the bureaucrats who work for them.' He valued his life, however, and only ever said it to his only true family. Reyna.

Reyna, he couldn't care less. Out of the thousand memories he had for her, about 6 of them were pleasant: she was still a clingy and whiny kid who loved her mother, the person who brought them to this painful existence.

"Come on, Rick!" she said. "It will be fun."

He sat up in his bed, opening a canteen of alcohol and gulped it down. "F*ck you, Reyna. You want me to come with you to Olympus, where we will meet a bunch of gods who disregard those they are superior to, like, I don't know, Hitler?"

"You should go for once, Rick. Athena's your mother. Don't you should at least get to know her once in your life?"

"Reyna, the only thing I've acquired from Mom is my intelligence, and that's it. I'm not the nicest man in the universe because I'm the smartest, and being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets. Like you, Reyna."

She rolled her eyes. "Why do you hate her so much?"

"My point is proven. Go ask your siblings why. Go ask your friends why. They'll tell you the same thing. My only difference is that Mom is a totalitarian ruler who will squash her children, such as myself, like a Gazorpazorp."

Yet, here he was, on the steps of Olympus, wearing a lab coat and jeans, sipping more alcohol and burped. Reyna followed, whose hair was tied into a ponytail, and she was dressed in a yellow top and shorts.

"If you ever blackmail me again, Reyna, the morgue will see you on their list."

"I know." she winked. "Mom would've loved what you had to say."

The demigod grunted, stepping into the throne room, where the gods reigned, each of them attending to their children. Reyna looked around, until she saw her mother Athena upon a throne, and tugged at Rick's coat.

"Don't touch me, you sh*t. This lab coat is brand new."

"There's Mom!" she dragged Rick, who was once again pouring the alcohol down his throat.
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 6/25/2017, 4:20 pm

Rick Sanchez wrote:Rick hated summer solstices. It was that time of the year when he was supposed to show 'love and appreciation' to your godly parents by visiting them on Mount Olympus, basically what he perceived as 'a bunch of totalitarian gods sitting on thrones, killing all who oppose them like a dictator and doesn't give a sh*t about the bureaucrats who work for them.' He valued his life, however, and only ever said it to his only true family. Reyna.

Reyna, he couldn't care less. Out of the thousand memories he had for her, about 6 of them were pleasant: she was still a clingy and whiny kid who loved her mother, the person who brought them to this painful existence.

"Come on, Rick!" she said. "It will be fun."

He sat up in his bed, opening a canteen of alcohol and gulped it down. "F*ck you, Reyna. You want me to come with you to Olympus, where we will meet a bunch of gods who disregard those they are superior to, like, I don't know, Hitler?"

"You should go for once, Rick. Athena's your mother. Don't you should at least get to know her once in your life?"

"Reyna, the only thing I've acquired from Mom is my intelligence, and that's it. I'm not the nicest man in the universe because I'm the smartest, and being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets. Like you, Reyna."

She rolled her eyes. "Why do you hate her so much?"

"My point is proven. Go ask your siblings why. Go ask your friends why. They'll tell you the same thing. My only difference is that Mom is a totalitarian ruler who will squash her children, such as myself, like a Gazorpazorp."

Yet, here he was, on the steps of Olympus, wearing a lab coat and jeans, sipping more alcohol and burped. Reyna followed, whose hair was tied into a ponytail, and she was dressed in a yellow top and shorts.

"If you ever blackmail me again, Reyna, the morgue will see you on their list."

"I know." she winked. "Mom would've loved what you had to say."

The demigod grunted, stepping into the throne room, where the gods reigned, each of them attending to their children. Reyna looked around, until she saw her mother Athena upon a throne, and tugged at Rick's coat.

"Don't touch me, you sh*t. This lab coat is brand new."

"There's Mom!" she dragged Rick, who was once again pouring the alcohol down his throat.

Athena had thankfully been having a rather quiet and relaxing solstice, all things considered. Many of her children had come and gone to say hello or ask questions regarding their gifts and so on and so forth. She had earlier managed a quick match with Nemesis who was sitting in her throne across the main hall from her own chair, as they usually sat, and had won 2 of 3 games thanks to Hephaestus' fire giving Nemesis a bit of a headache. Looking over her list of duties as well as a list she needed to give to Hermes for Hecate, who knows what odd things were written there, she was growing a bit bored. Running a hand through her midnight hair and her grey eyes scanning the room she spotted a pair of demigods who she knew almost instantly.

"Why hello there darling," the woman smiled softly to her children, "I can say I'm a bit surprised to see you both here for the solstice."

She knew very well that Rick was not a fan of his godly parentage, and she really couldn't blame him. With the laws being what they were it could cause quite a few major rifts in family relations which made solstice visits all the more interesting.
    Rick Sanchez
    Rick Sanchez
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Rick Sanchez 6/25/2017, 5:03 pm

Reyna smiled at the sight of the goddess, rushing forward and extended her arms for an embrace. Meanwhile, Rick reached into his pocket and took out a small flash drive containing his studies on proving the existence of the Multiverse.

"My dear sister blackmailed me, so I had to--ugh--find something other than my supply of alcohol to offer, and here I am: it is for your afternoon--ugh--bookreading session, Mom. Oh, Reyna offers you a map of the stars she made."

"Rick!" she shrieked. "You screwed up my surprise!"

"Your opinion matters very--ugh--little to me."

With it said, Rick consumed more from his canteen in front of his mother Athena, drooling slightly afterwards.

"I got this from Dad, by the way." he pointed to the bottle.
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 6/25/2017, 6:29 pm

Rick Sanchez wrote:Reyna smiled at the sight of the goddess, rushing forward and extended her arms for an embrace. Meanwhile, Rick reached into his pocket and took out a small flash drive containing his studies on proving the existence of the Multiverse.

"My dear sister blackmailed me, so I had to--ugh--find something other than my supply of alcohol to offer, and here I am: it is for your afternoon--ugh--bookreading session, Mom. Oh, Reyna offers you a map of the stars she made."

"Rick!" she shrieked. "You screwed up my surprise!"

"Your opinion matters very--ugh--little to me."

With it said, Rick consumed more from his canteen in front of his mother Athena, drooling slightly afterwards.

"I got this from Dad, by the way." he pointed to the bottle.

Athena smiled gently to her daughter and shot a bit of a glare at her son, whom she did not care for if he was going to be this rude in the presence of the gods.

"Thank you very much Reyna, I look forward to adding it to my collection," Her expression changed once she saw her son and sat on her throne with her nails drumming on the arm in perfect 4/4 time ,"As for you, i would appreciate it if you wouldn't drink while here despite what your father gives you."

Sitting back in the chair she moved to rest her head against her hand and pressed a finger to her temple while looking between the two. They really couldn't be more opposite even if they tried, which often made her believe they were secretly Nemesis' children rather than her own. Looking back over the star map her daughter gave her the woman also turned the thumb drive over a few times for closure.

"Before II even ask what this is why did you bring me gifts? Usually its the gods who give gifts to their children," she laughed softly while looking to her daughter, still a bit unhappy with her son.
    Rick Sanchez
    Rick Sanchez
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Rick Sanchez 6/26/2017, 3:41 am

Rick shrugged. "She insisted." Reyna, being the lovable one, had gifts for anyone she visited. Rick, however, hated visitors and visiting. His peace was dissolved in the company of others.

"Oh, and we're not gonna--ugh--ask for any gifts, Mom. Reyna says she has a lot of self respect and all that false--ugh--morality, while I'm a genius and I dislike the idea of someone building something for me."
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 6/26/2017, 12:12 pm

Rick Sanchez wrote:Rick shrugged. "She insisted." Reyna, being the lovable one, had gifts for anyone she visited. Rick, however, hated visitors and visiting. His peace was dissolved in the company of others.

"Oh, and we're not gonna--ugh--ask for any gifts, Mom. Reyna says she has a lot of self respect and all that false--ugh--morality, while I'm a genius and I dislike the idea of someone building something for me."

The goddess frowned, "Everyone has room for improvement Rick, especially mortals. Even Einstein accepted gifts and advice from others."

She was growing agitated by her son's incessant need to try and appear the best of the best, especially in the room of the gods who could outmatch him in any form of mind competition. With her owl flying in and landing on the shoulder of her person she used two fingers to gently stroke its chest. It was these amongst her children that she wished she could beat some sense into, in any way possible.

Turning her attention back towards Reyna she sighed and then chuckled softly, "My dear, if you wish for a gift you need only ask and i will send you something. Magic or not a gift is still something you can treasure."
    Rick Sanchez
    Rick Sanchez
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Rick Sanchez 6/26/2017, 4:05 pm

Reyna gave the offer a thought. Ideas buzzed in her mind about how Henry had told her to respect her mother in any way possible, including giving but not taking. She did want something, but Dad wouldn't like it.

"I'm okay, Mom. This visit could very well pass as a gift, considering how we're seeing you only twice a year."

"Sorry, kid. I've got plans for Christmas."

"Yeah--Rick excluded."

"I'll just go over there and quickly see this friend of mine from the Hephaestus Cabin to discuss our little project tomorrow, if you don't mind."

As soon as he had left Reyna and his mother, Rick took out his canteen and drank again, then greeted his work partner, "What up, my helsings!"

"You know, Mom, back there, he said he got it from Dad meant Dad made him alcoholic, as well as the @sshole he is right now. This is the first time we came, but you may not know that he's only ever been this terrible ever since Dad perished."
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 6/26/2017, 8:55 pm

Rick Sanchez wrote:Reyna gave the offer a thought. Ideas buzzed in her mind about how Henry had told her to respect her mother in any way possible, including giving but not taking. She did want something, but Dad wouldn't like it.

"I'm okay, Mom. This visit could very well pass as a gift, considering how we're seeing you only twice a year."

"Sorry, kid. I've got plans for Christmas."

"Yeah--Rick excluded."

"I'll just go over there and quickly see this friend of mine from the Hephaestus Cabin to discuss our little project tomorrow, if you don't mind."

As soon as he had left Reyna and his mother, Rick took out his canteen and drank again, then greeted his work partner, "What up, my helsings!"

"You know, Mom, back there, he said he got it from Dad meant Dad made him alcoholic, as well as the @sshole he is right now. This is the first time we came, but you may not know that he's only ever been this terrible ever since Dad perished."

"Even still, thats no a real reason to drink. Dionysus doesn't even drink that often even when he was allowed to and he is the god of wine and drink," her eyes drifted to her son and she sighed, "I simple want him to see that he can do much more than he's letting himself do, alcohol is a horrid thing."

Leaning back in her chair, almost slouching, she sighed and thumbed through the book in her lap with a bit of a distracted mind as well as twirling her scroll between her fingers.

"Back to the topic of gifts feel free to simply let Chiron know and he'll pass the message along before the Solstice is over."

Athena was becoming uncharacteristically moody today and she blamed the demigods being there as well as her annoyance with Nemesis to begin with.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/19/2024, 8:36 am