A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

Puppet Strings [private]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
The Cheshire Cat
Loyal Member
The Cheshire Cat

Female
Number of posts : 3262
Registration date : 2014-12-18

Puppet Strings [private] Empty
PostSubject: Puppet Strings [private]   Puppet Strings [private] Icon_minitime7/7/2017, 8:20 pm

Marionette was sitting happily in the forest with his marionette puppets as well as a few curious snakes who wanted to chat and lean about the camp so thanks to his father's telepathy he was able to talk with them and not actually speak aloud. Humming to himself as he worked with the strings in his hands the tall and shy boy began wondering what it was that Alice and Ana were doing at that time. Alice had been in London, England recently to simply explore and get away from camp for a relaxing trip where as Ana was spending more and more time in the grounds with Jana Kay and the other campers who were nice enough to her. Eventually Netta was very relaxed and began singing in his soft and angelic voice that hardly anyone got to hear at the camp.
Back to top Go down
https://mixer.com/Chessieblud
BriseisBailey5780
BriseisBailey5780

Female
Number of posts : 166
Registration date : 2017-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Puppet Strings [private]   Puppet Strings [private] Icon_minitime7/7/2017, 9:03 pm

Rebel swore she was going crazy, which she probably was. The life of a demigod can go that to you.

Rebel could swear she heard singing and followed the voice. There was probably a monster that sung to you before killing you, but Rebel had always been more impulsive than the average Demigod, so it didn't really cross her mind.

She came across a boy who was sitting down and singing. He had cool purple hair and seemed to be playing with puppets. Rebel suddenly came up with a brilliant yet crazy idea.

She snuck silently through the trees, her footsteps silent as she started climbing up the tree directly behind the boy. She was always a really good climber. She carefully wrapped her legs around a low hanging tree branch before flipping upside down so her face would be right next to the strange boy's.

"Boo!" She yelled loudly.
Back to top Go down
The Cheshire Cat
Loyal Member
The Cheshire Cat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Puppet Strings [private]   Puppet Strings [private] Icon_minitime7/7/2017, 9:22 pm

Very few things would catch Marionette off guard but this was one of them. A face was hanging upside down in front of him and the son of Dionysus squeaked softly before going dead silent as his snake friends began hissing and a few slid onto Netta's lap almost in a defensive way. After calming down enough to see she was a demigoddess the teen frowned and scowled a bit before picking up his puppets and turning with his back to her.

The boy continued to remain soundless and played with his puppets as the snakes in the forest seemed to sit and watch the show he was putting on, all the script getting passed through their telepathy.
Back to top Go down
BriseisBailey5780
BriseisBailey5780

Female

PostSubject: Re: Puppet Strings [private]   Puppet Strings [private] Icon_minitime7/7/2017, 9:33 pm

Rebel frowned. She was used to screams and angry swearing from her pranks and antics. It felt weird to just be turned away and not given attention. Rebel flipped down from her place on the branch and sat down crisscross-applesauce next to the boy, laying her chin on her hand as she watched him play with puppets, but was immediately more drawn to the snakes in the boy's lap.

"Hiya!" She said with a charming smile plastered on her face. "I'm Rebel, daughter of Hermes. What's your name? Cool snakes!" Rebel talked quickly, finding it difficult to keep her mind in one place, especially when meeting knew people where Rebel wanted to know everything about them.
Back to top Go down
The Cheshire Cat
Loyal Member
The Cheshire Cat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Puppet Strings [private]   Puppet Strings [private] Icon_minitime7/7/2017, 10:07 pm

Did this girl really just asked him for his name? Did she not see Netta turn away from her and go back to being silent as a sure sign to not speak to her. Picking up a stick and writing the word 'Marionette' in the dirt he pointed to the name and then to himself before tossing the stick away and going back to his puppet show while the snakes watched intently.

A few of the younger serpents turned to look at this daughter of Hermes for a few moments in a curious manner and in turn slid a bit closer before returning to their spots to watch Marionette work his puppet magic.
Back to top Go down
BriseisBailey5780
BriseisBailey5780

Female

PostSubject: Re: Puppet Strings [private]   Puppet Strings [private] Icon_minitime7/7/2017, 11:01 pm

Marionette, she thought and then grinned.
"Cool name," She complimented. "Are you a mute? Or do you just not like to talk? And what's with the puppets? And the snakes? I really like snakes. My dad has two snakes on their staff: George and Martha. They are pretty cool, but they can talk and always ask for rats."

Rebel grinned at the snakes deviously.
Back to top Go down
The Cheshire Cat
Loyal Member
The Cheshire Cat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Puppet Strings [private]   Puppet Strings [private] Icon_minitime7/7/2017, 11:24 pm

The snakes hissed at the mention of George and Martha before turning back to his puppets and Marionette used his stick again to write a short sentence.

'Dont like talking, use ASL,' he wrote in the dirt and continued with his puppets before picking up one that was hiding next to him.

The other doll looked like Alice Little from camp but to most of the other campers it looked like Alive from the old stories, it was a sort of inside joke between the two of them. A few snakes tried nipping at the dolls and Netta smacked their faces softly to get them to stop bothering his story.
Back to top Go down
BriseisBailey5780
BriseisBailey5780

Female

PostSubject: Re: Puppet Strings [private]   Puppet Strings [private] Icon_minitime7/7/2017, 11:41 pm

Rebel smiled softly before picking up a stick and writing her own sentence, her tongue peaking out of her mouth as she did so.

Why don't you like talking? I talk a lot.

Rebel grinned at the boy in a form of innocence.
Back to top Go down
The Cheshire Cat
Loyal Member
The Cheshire Cat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Puppet Strings [private]   Puppet Strings [private] Icon_minitime7/7/2017, 11:45 pm

Raising a brow at the letters in the dirt the painted face teen began doodling his words back in response and hummed to himself to make sure he remained calm.

I can tell. I just don't

It was more along the lines of her didn't trust people seeing as he didn't even trust himself. He had been at camp his entire life and nobody would tell him who he really was so there was nothing he knew about himself to really make him a person, all he knew was that Mr.D was his father but that's it. Even with that information his father wouldn't tell him about his mother or why he was at the camp all the time. So he found his own solace in his puppets.

The Aphrodite girls would often dress him up like his dolls and the boy grew so attached he took the name Marionette and that became his attire every day.
Back to top Go down
BriseisBailey5780
BriseisBailey5780

Female

PostSubject: Re: Puppet Strings [private]   Puppet Strings [private] Icon_minitime7/8/2017, 3:08 am

Rebel grinned at the letters.

"So what's with the puppets?" She asked. "And the snakes," Rebel Added. She was already getting tired of writing with a stick when she could say what she wanted to so much faster by talking.

Rebel's sworn mission in life was to make a lot of friends. It was cool to go someone and have someone to talk to so you didn't have to sit in awkward silence and she found herself liking Marionette.
Back to top Go down
The Cheshire Cat
Loyal Member
The Cheshire Cat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Puppet Strings [private]   Puppet Strings [private] Icon_minitime7/8/2017, 2:00 pm

There was no getting out of this easily and painlessly. Sighing the teen turned and faced the girl while setting his puppets to the side and looking at her with his grey eyes. He didn't really want to talk but this girl clearly wouldn't leave him alone until he answered any and all of her questions about his off appearance.

"They help me relax and the snakes like to talk to me. I'm a son of Dionysus," he explained in his soft and quite angelic voice.

He had been told before that he had a great voice for a romantic character in an anime but even so he disliked talking to others. He was a very shy child and with an unknown past he felt alone very often. Thankfully his flashbacks weren't nearly as often as they were when he was younger but he still carried his music box in his pocket incase he was getting them again.
Back to top Go down
BriseisBailey5780
BriseisBailey5780

Female

PostSubject: Re: Puppet Strings [private]   Puppet Strings [private] Icon_minitime7/8/2017, 2:20 pm

Rebel didn't really know what she expected, but it wasn't that.

First off, she thought he would right with the stick again, making her feel special that he decided to actually talk to her. Second off, his voice sounded so soft and . . . angelic. Rebel didn't think it would sound like that but she also didn't think he would talk.

"A son of Mr. D? That's cool! I'm a daughter of Hermes," Rebel paused and a thinking look came over her face for a second before she was back to her smiley self. "Oh wait, I already said that. And the snakes talk? What do they say? Do they ask for rats all the time? What do they say about me?" Rebel shot off question after question, her mouth moving a million miles a minute, but that was only half the speed her mind was going at the time.
Back to top Go down
The Cheshire Cat
Loyal Member
The Cheshire Cat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Puppet Strings [private]   Puppet Strings [private] Icon_minitime7/8/2017, 2:26 pm

Netta nearly physically winced a the number of questions she was asking of the snakes as well as the demigod himself.

"No, they don't. They're more curious about camp than anything," he sighed and picked up a puppet and began picking at the dirt spots as well as a few twigs that had managed to sneak up the doll's sleeves and be a nuisance.

As he was cleaning he spotted a very young garter snake in the sleeve and simply pulled him out by his tail and set him on the boy's shoulder as if snakes were the most normal thing in the world for him to toy with and have around.
Back to top Go down
BriseisBailey5780
BriseisBailey5780

Female

PostSubject: Re: Puppet Strings [private]   Puppet Strings [private] Icon_minitime7/8/2017, 3:32 pm

"That's cool," Rebel said, bringing her knees up to her chest as the watched the boy play with his snakes. She had a feeling he was either getting tired of her or warming up to her. She wasn't very good at reading people.

"So, what do you do at Camp? You train a lot? I never see you at the arena and I'm there a lot. Or are you kind of like a kid of Apollo with music? Do you fight? What weapon do you have? Do you want to spare? The last kid I spared with was a daughter of Area and she almost took my head off with a battle axe. That was not fun at all," Rebel droned on.
Back to top Go down
The Cheshire Cat
Loyal Member
The Cheshire Cat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Puppet Strings [private]   Puppet Strings [private] Icon_minitime7/8/2017, 3:45 pm

Netta was only half listening to the girl as she yammered on about camp as well as what she wanted to know about him as well. At the mention of his weapons he flicked his wrists and his long chain whips with blades at the end slid out of his sleeves and into his hands. He let her see them for a few moments before sliding them back into his large sleeves and cleaning his puppets carefully so as to not ruin the paint or clothes.

"I don't like people, they dislike me," he said softly without taking his eyes off the doll in his hands, "so i stay in here for the most part and I don't spar."

When he was younger the child of Dionysus would often attempt to fight some of the nicer campers but he got injured one day and didn't really train after that. He practices his weapons alone in the forest against the trees but never against people, he doesn't want a repeat of last time.
Back to top Go down
BriseisBailey5780
BriseisBailey5780

Female

PostSubject: Re: Puppet Strings [private]   Puppet Strings [private] Icon_minitime7/8/2017, 3:59 pm

Rebel watched the whole spikey chain thing with awe. "What is that? Doesn't it cut your arm in your sleeve? That is so cool!"

Rebel frowned for a second. "I like you, I think your chill," She did a head nod with a sly smile on her face. "Want to prank some people? Do you prank? I'm a daughter of Hermes, so I prank all the time. Do you want to join? We could get one of my siblings or maybe one of the Ares kids!"
Back to top Go down
The Cheshire Cat
Loyal Member
The Cheshire Cat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Puppet Strings [private]   Puppet Strings [private] Icon_minitime7/8/2017, 4:16 pm

He rolled up his large sleeves to reveal a padded area where the blades would rest on his arms and then let his large sleeves hang loosely back at his wrists. It was a bit odd that she admitted to finding him a alright to hang out with, usually only the younger campers enjoyed his company and even some of his siblings but for the most part it was the children. Unsure of what to do next he simply pulled Rebel closer and into his lap as he then went back to cleaning. Human closeness was something he often tried to find but only ever got with Ana and Alice. The small daughter of Ares liked sitting on his shoulders and being tall for once where as Alice would do whatever she wanted and almost always hold Netta's hand whenever they were together.

"Sorry, i just like closeness," he said in an embarrassed tone but his puppet makeup covered any signs of a blush on his cheeks.

The boy went back to cleaning his dolls then switched to the Alice look alike one and was a bit more tentative with his movements seeing as it resembled one of his best and closest friends he had ever had.
Back to top Go down
BriseisBailey5780
BriseisBailey5780

Female

PostSubject: Re: Puppet Strings [private]   Puppet Strings [private] Icon_minitime7/8/2017, 5:11 pm

Rebel grinned slightly, knowing she was getting to the boy. That was good. He seemed like a nice guy and he seemed like a he could use a good friend, in which Rebel was happy to deliver.

She bent her back across her lap, so her head was upside down and she was looking at the world completely differently.

"I don't mind," She shrugged, her hair falling in front of her face and the blood started to rush to her head. "So any friends at camp? Any lovers? Besides me of course -- I am in your lap after all," Rebel grinned wolfishly.
Back to top Go down
The Cheshire Cat
Loyal Member
The Cheshire Cat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Puppet Strings [private]   Puppet Strings [private] Icon_minitime7/8/2017, 7:42 pm

"You're not a lover," he laughed a bit, "I have one friend, no lovers. I've never dated before"

It was a bit sad but it was true. Seeing as most of his friends or people who tolerated him were much younger the lovers thing was out of the question, and even Alice never tried anything with the teen.
Back to top Go down
BriseisBailey5780
BriseisBailey5780

Female

PostSubject: Re: Puppet Strings [private]   Puppet Strings [private] Icon_minitime7/8/2017, 7:54 pm

Rebel rolls her eyes. "I'm a lover," She insisted. "I'm in your lap and you seem awfully cuddly with me, so I'll consider myself you lover. But you can't be my lover, since I have to keep my options open," Rebel nodded.

She never actually dated before. She flirted, but she never even went on a date. Before Camp she was too young and now everything seemed to busy and hectic with the whole demigod life style to actually like someone. And most people didn't find living in fear of getting pranked by her romantic.
Back to top Go down
The Cheshire Cat
Loyal Member
The Cheshire Cat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Puppet Strings [private]   Puppet Strings [private] Icon_minitime7/8/2017, 8:03 pm

Netta let out a quick short laugh and shook his head," Whatever you wanna tell yourself to help you sleep at night."

The girl was rather entertaining, in a bit of a similar way that Alice was as well. If she wanted to call him a lover than so be it but if not it made no difference to him in the end, he was more content with just having some company while he was in the forest with his puppets.
Back to top Go down
BriseisBailey5780
BriseisBailey5780

Female

PostSubject: Re: Puppet Strings [private]   Puppet Strings [private] Icon_minitime7/8/2017, 8:07 pm

"It would help me sleep at night if you were in my bed with me," Rebel joked before changing her mind. "Wait -- never mind. That would be creepy and my bed is twin sized so there isn't a lot of room."

Rebel brought her head up, wondering if the blood would start to pour out of her ears yet. She didn't really want that to happen.

"So . . ." Rebel started off awkwardly. "Where did you come from?"
Back to top Go down
The Cheshire Cat
Loyal Member
The Cheshire Cat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Puppet Strings [private]   Puppet Strings [private] Icon_minitime7/8/2017, 8:17 pm

At the mention of something in his past the Marionette went silent and looked at the ground in front of them.

"I don't know. All i remember is waking up in the Infirmary one day when i was about six and that's it. Dad wont tell me anything about my mom or where i came from. Ive lived here my whole life," Netta sighed and set his dolls aside before wrapping his arms around himself, not around Rebel.
Back to top Go down
BriseisBailey5780
BriseisBailey5780

Female

PostSubject: Re: Puppet Strings [private]   Puppet Strings [private] Icon_minitime7/8/2017, 8:19 pm

Rebel frowned, knowing she hit a few strings that probably shouldn't be hit. Rebel wrapped her arms around the boy in a form of comfort. Rebel wasn't really good at the comfort kind of thing. She always tried to distance herself from anything depression because . . . well, it was depressing.

"Well, I got here when I was ten," She tried to comfort him. "Maybe knowing about the past isn't always a good thing. Maybe Mr. D will tell you someday."
Back to top Go down
The Cheshire Cat
Loyal Member
The Cheshire Cat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Puppet Strings [private]   Puppet Strings [private] Icon_minitime7/8/2017, 8:25 pm

"Thanks," he said softly and hugged her gently as well.

It was a nice change of pace from being alone all the time, having someone to simply be with. Perhaps this was why Alice was always dating someone, to have another person to go to and be with. Not paying it much more mind the teen simply enjoyed the embrace and smiled a bit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Puppet Strings [private]   Puppet Strings [private] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Puppet Strings [private]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: Camp Half-Blood :: The Forest-