A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

4 posters

Jake, path of Sobek

FinnsRainbow
    FinnsRainbow

Male
    Number of posts : 264
    Registration date : 2017-07-04

Jake, path of Sobek Empty Jake, path of Sobek

Post by FinnsRainbow 7/9/2017, 12:39 pm

Spoiler:

Name: Jake Irvine
    Eyes: brown
    Hair: Black (usually dyed)
    Height: 5ft5
    Body Type: lean, nimble. Despite his thin frame, he's really good at athletics.
    Skin Color: Fair
    Mortal Parents: Ian & Leslie Irvine
    Pharaoh ancestor: Khafra
    Country of Origin: UK (Manchester)
    Pets: a traffic cone
    Talents: talking like Gollum
    Weapon**: magician's kit, shabti, staff. He's currently trying out a khopesh.
    Personality: Jake is a fluffball. He lives for cuddles and laughter. He's on the dorky side, cracks jokes all the time and loves to prank others. (He makes sure to keep it harmless though.) However with his crushes he can become quite intense and serious, going from tiny floof to DaddyTM. He's quick to cuss too and his creative swearing sorta clashes with his fuzzy personality.
    Flaws: cusses a lot, always late, hates organization.
    Divine Path: Sobek
    Abilities: He is well-liked by crocodiles.
    Powers:
    Combat magic: He can encase himself in a glowing crocodile-headed avatar for 2 posts and needs 5 posts cool down.
    Animal charming: He can summon and command crocodiles (5 crocodiles max, 2 posts usage, 5 posts cool down). Alternatively, his staff can turn into a crocodile too. 4 posts; 6 posts cool down.
    Water magic: Jake is a water elementalist. He can control up to 8 gallons of water for 4 posts, 6 posts cool down.
    RP Example*:
    School had just ended. Jake grabbed his bag and headed for his locker with a couple of friends, chasing each other with open water bottles. But somewhere to their right, a teacher spotted them and started coming their way, shouting not very nice things. "Scatter!" Thomas exclaimed. The boys split up, each scrambling in a different direction. Jake slithered his way through the crowd and skidded through a couple corridors, giggling nervously. Escaping teachers was one of his favourite hobbies. After hiding out behind the biology section for a bit he slowly crept towards his locker. (He needed his train card to go home.) The combination was 13/32/33. The door swung open, he grabbed the card...and something else. Jake frowned, looking down at a golden Egyptian amulet.

Any notes about your characters: Derp face legend.

(FC Park Chanyeol & Kris Wu)

Last edited by FinnsRainbow on 7/15/2017, 5:02 pm; edited 7 times in total
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female
    Number of posts : 43512
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

Jake, path of Sobek Empty Re: Jake, path of Sobek

Post by Kendall 7/11/2017, 4:44 pm

I'm assuming his sword is Celestial bronze?

... What kind of alchemy can he do?

Powers:
    - Up to how complicated of a lock can he pick with his mind?

Yes, you still need an RP Example.
    FinnsRainbow
    FinnsRainbow

Male

Post by FinnsRainbow 7/11/2017, 5:00 pm

Sword is celestial bronze indeed.

He's been learning with the Hecate kids, so whichever alchemy/potions they do. Although he's obviously not as good as they are.

Do you mean like, a vault or something?

Adding one asap Smile Thanks for taking the time to look through my form!
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 7/12/2017, 3:24 pm

Tread carefully with the alchemy/potions; a lot of what Hecate kids can make is most likely a result of their magic powers. Hermes' kids would most likely not have the range Hecate's kids do.

Vaults, yeah. There's a bunch of different types of locks of increasing complexity -- the more complicated it is, the longer the cooldown should probably be. (Ex: A regular padlock takes a two list cooldown while a bank vault would be a 15 post cooldown and probably cause him to pass out for a bit.) Magic locks are a bit iffy though.

You're welcome!
    FinnsRainbow
    FinnsRainbow

Male

Post by FinnsRainbow 7/12/2017, 4:12 pm

I thought anyone could do magic in the Riordanverse? (Silena was very good at it, and she was a daughter of Aphrodite. Medea was a mortal princess I think.)
    I found on Riordan's wikia that Hermes kids are good at alchemy and potions. (Listed under Abilities)
    So logically Jake wouldn't be able to bring a plague of frogs down on camp, but could he be able to make stuff like sleeping potions or antidotes? Limited in time of course (2h or something)

Fair does. What is the allowed maximum?
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 7/12/2017, 4:36 pm

According to the Riordan wiki, Silena was only capable of love magic as a child of Aphrodite. Also according to the Wiki Medea may have been a descendant of Helios and related to Circe (although her origins may differ depending on the myth) so she probably wasn't totally mortal.

Not sure where in the series the Hermes kids were good at alchemy, unless it's referencing them making stuff for pranks. Mild things like sleeping potions and antidotes would be fine though.

The allowed maximum would be a large bank vault's locks, although he'd need a very long cooldown to balance that. As for enchanted locks, I think his power wouldn't work on those.
    FinnsRainbow
    FinnsRainbow

Male

Post by FinnsRainbow 7/14/2017, 4:33 pm

In the 5th book, there's a moment where Silena talks about spell-casting techniques and Percy is surprised she knows so much about magic if I recall correctly.... And Hermes kids weren't said in the books to be good at alchemy, it's just on the Riordan wikia.
    But I don't wanna argue with you, you're the admin. Minor potions it is.

How do 6 posts sound for recovery?
    (Also, if I may ask, why would his powers not work on enchanted locks? It seems like lock magic would be right down the alley of a child of Hermes. Not trying to discuss powers, just wondering what the logic is there)

Also, are ferrets allowed as pets on this site? I gave him a traffic cone at first cause he's from Glasgow and this is the type of stuff we do around here, but I was wondering if I could add a ferret?
    Mason
    Mason
    Role Playing Legend

Male
    Number of posts : 11340
    Registration date : 2011-11-05

Post by Mason 7/14/2017, 11:41 pm

I personally haven't read the books in forever, but I don't recall that. I have the book, if you find a page number I'd gladly read it. Also, don't always trust any type of wiki- pretty much anyone can edit those. I could go edit on Wikipedia right now that George Washington's real name was Francis the Third.

6 posts sound good, if you're referring to opening a regular lock (but I may be misinterpreting?)

I would consider a ferret an exotic pet, since it falls under "wild-looking." (Wild looking is one of the things used to identify whether an animal is exotic or not)
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Post by Morgan Landry 7/15/2017, 6:36 am

Actually, I recall this episode in the book. And I'm also rather certain that demigod children of Hecate aren't the only ones who can do powerful magic -- look at Hazel Levesque. Even Thalia Grace knew the basics on how to manipulate the Mist. (Sorry those were my 2c)

- I'm okay with the potions bit.
    - I think ferrets are heavily restricted in the US, so if he had a ferret in the UK it wouldn't be okay to bring it over, sorry.
    - As for enchanted locks, I'm gonna let Kenny answer cause I actually am also a bit clueless on that one xD

Rest looks good :)
    FinnsRainbow
    FinnsRainbow

Male

Post by FinnsRainbow 7/15/2017, 8:35 am

Nae, don't you guys bother, it's fine. Smile

Edited by the way.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry