A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

Combat magic! (open)

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Combat magic! (open) Empty Combat magic! (open)

Post by Morgan Landry 7/28/2017, 8:06 am

The large room was empty. Normally either Carter or one of the senior magicians of Brooklyn would hold a session here, but today was Saturday and everyone preferred to sleep in. Perfect for q bit of solo practice.
    I'd come in dressed in brown robes, staff and wand in my hands, satchel on my shoulder. If I wanted to make progress in the path of Serqet, it was time I'd managed to hold my combat avatar for more than three seconds. I set my stuff down behind a column and marched back to the middle of the room, preparing by chanting a few hymns in Ancient Egyptian. Once I felt ready, I threw a shabti on the floor and watched it grow into a full-sized sphinx, baring its fangs and growling. I concentrated, but nothing happened. I tried to shut everything out, every noise, every smell, everything that wasn't the spell in my head. It wouldn't leave.
    The sphinx grew impatient. I had a split second to react before it pounced, so I threw my staff at him and watched it turn into a giant scorpion on impact. Enough to distract him while I worked on my spell.

Current date/time is 4/19/2024, 8:18 am