A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

The lake (wow im so creative // private)

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

The lake (wow im so creative // private) Empty The lake (wow im so creative // private)

Post by Morgan Landry 9/13/2017, 7:30 pm

Sloane stood on top of a rocky outcrop. Underneath her the lake shimmered in the sunset, a rippling reflection of the glowing sky. Sloane picked up a heavy stone and threw it into the water, watching as it plummeted down and broke the surface with a satisfying splash. It was late in the afternoon, close to dinner, so all the campers were hurrying to the showers to get their sweat off before heading to the Mess Hall. With all them gone, it was nice and quiet here, she could almost forget she was at camp if she ignored the background noises.
    Not that she didn't like it here. Surprisingly, despite everything the Hunters always said, staying here was very pleasant. No monsters. Classes and training every day. War games, trips to Camp Jupiter, an entire cabin just for her and her siblings, themed after their mother. Camp Half-Blood was paradise.
    Yet she was angry. Her lips curled as she tossed another stone into the water, hearing it hit the surface hard. She just wanted to get back to the Hunt. She wanted to see her sisters again and go on adventures with them across the globe, hunting down anything that escaped the pits of Tartarus. Yet she was stuck as a mortal again, her beautiful health and speed gone. Half the time she felt like a slow, awkward sloth. She wished she could join again, just for one day.
    Suddenly she heard a rustling in the bushes behind her and turned around, her braid whipping to the side. She squinted into the undergrowth, one hand moving to her dagger.
    Nekrogod

Male
    Number of posts : 40
    Registration date : 2017-07-06

The lake (wow im so creative // private) Empty Re: The lake (wow im so creative // private)

Post by Nekrogod 9/14/2017, 10:30 pm

Fridgeir had been sitting under the shade of a tree, finally happy to be away from both his siblings and the other campers. He didn't have many friends at the camp, most just ignored him. He hadn't been there long, maybe half an hour at the most, when he heard the splashing of the lake near by. He ignored the first one but after the second, he got curious. He got up from his spot and made his way over, moving through the bushes as that was the fastest way

Upon his arrival to the spot, he saw the girl, one he didn't recognize but someone who did intimidate him. At least a little bit. It took him a moment to notice the girl had a hand on her dagger. Fridgeir quickly said, "No need to worry, not a monster. Don't gut me."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

The lake (wow im so creative // private) Empty Re: The lake (wow im so creative // private)

Post by Morgan Landry 9/15/2017, 12:01 pm

Sloane's shoulders relaxed but she kept her hand on her dagger. "You never know."
    The boy had a Northern vibe to him which she could not explain. Maybe it was the voice or the hair or the posture, but it felt familiar. "Where are you from?" she asked, her mismatched eyes glancing over him.
    She was wearing a pair of camouflage trousers and hunting boots, just like she used to back when she served Artemis. The only change was that she was now wearing an orange camp tee -- at first it had felt alien but in the end she'd adopted the colour. Even if the Hunters collectively hated campers, Camp Half-Blood was still a safe heaven outside the mortal world, and she appreciated that with every fiber of her being.
    Nekrogod

Male

Post by Nekrogod 9/15/2017, 4:22 pm

Fridgeir looks at the girl a bit strangely, not used to being asked that ever, much less as one of the first things someone says to him. He says, "Depends what you mean. I'm originally from Iceland but currently live in New York."
    He looked over the girl, taking note of the few features comparable between her and the hunters when they visited. But seeing as how she was wearing the orange camp shirt and was here, he shrugged it off and just marked it as a coincidence. He on the other hand, was wearing the normal camp shirt with a pair of dark grey sweatpants. He said soon after, "What about you? Where are you from?"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 9/15/2017, 8:03 pm

Iceland. That was it then. Sloane relaxed some more, even smiled a little.

"Like you, depends. Originally from Sweden but right now I'm in NYC." She let go of her dagger and looked back at the lake. "What brings you here? Everyone's getting showered and ready for dinner."
    Nekrogod

Male

Post by Nekrogod 9/17/2017, 12:31 am

He was quite surprised finding someone else from anywhere near his home. He said, "Nice. My father took me to a Sweden when I was young for a vacation. As for why I'm here, I prefer not to hang around large groups of people."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 9/17/2017, 2:46 pm

Sloane nodded. She could relate to that, being quite the loner type herself.

"When I'm here I can never quite wrap my head around the fact that we're all related," she finally said. "A family. A big, dysfunctional family." Different from home, but just as bad. Of course no one she met at camp was as bad as her mortal family, she was practically certain of that. But she knew how sick mythology could get.
    The only place that had ever felt like home to her was her Hunter's tent. Her sister-in-arms had been the closest thing to an actual family. And now, here I am.
    Nekrogod

Male

Post by Nekrogod 9/18/2017, 1:42 am

Fridgeir nodded in agreement about the family part. He said, "Yeah, its a bit strange to get used to. But it isn't all bad. At least we have people to help us. Someone to talk to if we're feeling down or are having a rough time. Just need to get to know people. How long have you been at camp?"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 9/20/2017, 4:54 pm

"This is my fifth year," she said, looking down at the lake. Part of her wanted to jump into it, the other part wanted to freeze it clump by clump. Why did it never snow here? She could use a good ski hike right about now. And she didn't want to call Andrew for a lift to Alaska. "Do you remember Iceland at all?"
    Nekrogod

Male

Post by Nekrogod 9/21/2017, 3:16 pm

"Yeah I remember it some. I enjoyed living there. But it's nice here to. You remember much from Sweden?" He took a seat on the ground, honestly a bit tired of just sitting. He looked over the lake, enjoying how it looked at this time of day.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 9/23/2017, 11:24 am

"As a matter of fact, I do," she said through clenched teeth. "I have to go back rather often, so Im afraid I don't have the luxury to see Stockholm as some blurry childhood memory."

The girl tossed her braid back and leaned her shoulder against a tree. "Family is exhausting."
    Nekrogod

Male

Post by Nekrogod 9/25/2017, 9:01 am

Seeing he may have brought up a sensitive topic, Fridgeir decided it was best to drop that subject. He said, "Yeah... speaking of which, who's your god parent?" He tossed a rock towards the lake, skipping it once before it sank to the bottom.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 9/25/2017, 11:13 am

"Khione." She made a sullen face. "Sadly, I didn't inherit charmspeak from her. If I had, I wouldn't be where I am now..." The girl glanced at Fridgeir with a haughty look. "As for you, I can about guess. It stunk of Underworld the moment you arrived. Hecate? Thanatos? Melinoe?"
    Nekrogod

Male

Post by Nekrogod 10/15/2017, 2:38 am

"You got it right on the first one. Fridgeir, son of Hecate at your service." He then proceeds to do a slight bow before giving a light chuckle. He then says, "So, where would you be if you had charmspeak? Or is that to personal to ask?"

(OOC: Sorry so late, school stress and D&D stuff lol)
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 12/28/2017, 8:10 am

OOC: Yaaaa sorry, uni happened

BIC: "That's personal," she said curtly. She didn't want to tell him about the situation with her father. "But hey, if you're a child of Hecate -- couldn't you teach me some? You witch kids are handy with spells and charmspeak."
    Nekrogod

Male

Post by Nekrogod 12/28/2017, 8:56 am

"Understandable. And unfortunately I can not. Never tried charmspeak so I don't even know if I can. Best I can do is move shadows and stuff." As an example, he held his spear in one hand and changed the shape of his shadow to appear as a cyclops, the tip of the spear glowing a faint purple as the shadow changed shape. And not long after doing this, he began to feel dizzy and used his spear as support to stay standing. He said, after a moment to make sure he didn't need to rest more, "You have any powers from your mother?"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 12/28/2017, 9:05 am

"I can make it snow. I can cause hail and blizzards, and manipulate ice. If someone gets me worked up enough, I usually frostbite their nose."

She watched his display of power with a raised eyebrow; if Sloane had been raised anywhere else than in entitlement, indulgence and disgusting amounts of wealth, she would've said something different, something respectful.
    But instead she snorted and went, "Moving shadows? What good is that unless you're working in a circus?"

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 12/28/2017, 12:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Nekrogod

Male

Post by Nekrogod 12/28/2017, 9:10 am

"Ah, but you see this isn't all. The issue is that the more power I use, the more it drains me. Best I can do without passing out is create shadow creatures as distractions as well as some combat help, though not much. And I guess shadow weaponry is useful but I'm satisfied with my spear as it is. And ice powers are cool." And of course, he smirked at his pun.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 12/28/2017, 3:13 pm

"Shadow weapons?" Sloane sounded dubious. "But shadow is the absence of light. It's not solid. How could you make a weapon out of something that's not tangible?"
    Nekrogod

Male

Post by Nekrogod 12/28/2017, 3:59 pm

"I have no idea how it works logically, but we live in a world where someone could kill a hydra with nothing but a spoon. Theoretically at least. I imagine that would be extremely hard but that's not the point." He shrugged as he honestly did not know how it worked now that it was brought to his attention.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 12/30/2017, 3:57 am

Sloane let out a half-amused snort. But the son of Hecate had a point, so she didn't argue any further. After all, if his shadows could be turned into something useful, then that was good for him right?

She suddenly frowned. "Hey. Could you teach me some?"
    Nekrogod

Male

Post by Nekrogod 12/30/2017, 5:36 am

"Two issues. One, I have no idea how to teach someone else. Two, I'm only able to do it effectively because of my spear." He thought for a moment then shrugged and continues, "But I guess I could try. Though, just curious, why do you want to be taught shadow magic?"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 12/30/2017, 5:53 am

"Personal reasons." Sloane didn't like questions, but she needed something from him so she did her best to pretend she didn't mind. "I have a few friends who taught me some spells back in the days and I wasn't half-bad. Let's see if I still got it."
    Nekrogod

Male

Post by Nekrogod 12/30/2017, 6:41 am

"Fair enough." He took a look at the setting sun and said, "Tonight we can begin. The cover of my mother's domain always helped my own powers. It may be a good teaching tool as well. Meet me here after the sun sets completely."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/1/2018, 5:47 am

After dinner, Sloane left her siblings to themselves in order to climb back to where she'd met Fridgeir. Despite her general attitude towards campers, she actually loved that little cluster of demigods in the Khione cabin. They were real family -- just like the Hunters had been, except this time, she was actually related to them. She cared for them fiercely, a bit overbearing at times but they all knew they could trust her to help and listen to them, no matter how much or how little they had on their mind.

She came to a stop on the outcrop, her shoes sticking out into the void. Only her heels remained on the stone as she tested her balance, the lake's surface about fifteen meters below. Tiny stones fell down from underneath her boots. Sloane passed a hand through her auburn hair, tying it up into a bun as she thought about how she could use shadow magic against her mortal family.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 3/29/2024, 2:15 am