A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Taking on capitalism (private)

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Taking on capitalism (private) Empty Taking on capitalism (private)

Post by Morgan Landry 1/11/2018, 6:09 am

"So tell me, Fridgeir," Sloane said as she looked out the window. "Do you know anything about finance, investment, trading...?"

They were speeding on the highway in a luxury car, Sloane cautiously putting her phone on airplane mode. With what they were about to do, she really could not have any interruption -- monster or mortal. New York was in sight already, a faint line of skyscrapers in the afternoon haze. She could pick them out already: One World Trade Center, Empire State, Chrysler, Woolworth.... All was familiar in an unpleasant sort of way.
    She hadn't let anyone know she was coming, safe her father. It was his birthday soon after all, and the family would be gathering.

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 3/27/2018, 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Nekrogod

Male
    Number of posts : 40
    Registration date : 2017-07-06

Taking on capitalism (private) Empty Re: Taking on capitalism (private)

Post by Nekrogod 1/11/2018, 3:22 pm

"Not much other than it tends to be corrupt. My only experience comes from what my father does." He shrugged as he looked out the window towards the city, still finding it amazing despite living here for five years. His hometown was only half the size of NYC, and it was the largest city in Iceland.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/12/2018, 3:21 pm

Sloane laughed. "Theres always corruption going on, my dear, not just in finance. It's human nature." She watched the skyline draw nearer, the towers gaining in size. "What I have in mind is difficult and complicated, but not completely out of reach. I'm going to provoke a financial crash, among other things. Thankfully I've got some skills in that department." She looked at him sternly, her mismatched green and blue eyes narrowing. "Of course, I have your complete discretion? I'd be happier if you could swear on the Styx.
    Nekrogod

Male

Post by Nekrogod 1/12/2018, 5:16 pm

He thought for a moment and said, "Alright. I swear on the Styx that I will not tell anyone aside from those you may allow me to." He was careful in his wording, as he wasn't sure how precise he had to be. He had read in books unrelated to Greek Mythology that some people took promises and such to seriously. Like that, if he said he wouldn't tell anyone and he talked with Sloane, it may break the oath. So, just to be safe, he was precise in his wording.

He then said, "Now, I don't know what your plan is exactly but I will help in any way possible. And, if fighting is needed, my shadows and spear will be used. I'm assuming only knock people unconscious?"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/27/2018, 8:17 pm

"Can you make us undetected by surveillance cameras? Mask our presence from others?" The different possibilities of her plan went through her head again like a slideshow, and she examined each one, ready to make adjustments. If Fridgeir couldn't guarantee stealth, she'd have to go with another way. She didn't like it, so she did hope the son of Hecate had a couple helpful spells up his sleeve.
    Nekrogod

Male

Post by Nekrogod 3/27/2018, 9:47 pm

“That depends on two things. One being if anyone watching will notice shadows moving on their own. And the other depends on how long we need it, as I can’t control them for very long periods. Maybe 10 minutes at most for us both and I’ll be exhausted after that.” He had never tried keeping a cloak of shadows up for that long, so he wasn’t sure how long it would be active, especially for two of them.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/28/2018, 5:12 pm

Ten minutes.... Sloane calculated in her head. It would be difficult, but not impossible. "Just focus on keeping those shadows going," she said.

They were weaving through Manhattan's traffic and soon arrived on the Upper East Side. Their driver pulled up in front of a lavish townhouse, whilst the porter hurried to open the door. Sloane stepped out, tossing her hair over her shoulder and pulling. her designer shades off. The house's facade soared upwards, elegantly understated but still luxurious. I'd forgotten how much I hate being here Sloane mused quietly, a sinking feeling in her chest. Wrinkling her nose in clear distaste, she strode through the gated forecourt while the help took care of their luggage.
    Nekrogod

Male

Post by Nekrogod 4/2/2018, 4:36 pm

“Will do, Sloane.” Once they arrived he simply followed her, looking around to see what was going on around here. He shrugged as he looked at the area, not caring that much about how it looked.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/19/2024, 6:46 am