A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Open skies (Open)

Nightfleet

Female
    Number of posts : 39
    Registration date : 2018-05-06

Open skies (Open) Empty Open skies (Open)

Post by Nightfleet 5/15/2018, 10:27 am

It had been a long time since Valerie had taken Nova for a ride. She did kind of feel guilty, and she wanted to make it up to her. She spurred her pegasus into the air. Her pitch black coat was pristine as always, the white star on her forehead and white tipped wings shining as always. She wheeled around and looked over camp. It was a wonderful feeling knowing you were on your own and no one wanted to bother you.
    FinnsRainbow
    FinnsRainbow

Male
    Number of posts : 264
    Registration date : 2017-07-04

Open skies (Open) Empty Re: Open skies (Open)

Post by FinnsRainbow 5/19/2018, 2:38 pm

"Okay, calm the hell down you overgrown pigeon!" Lillie exclaimed as her Pegasus did yet another barrel roll. Clinging on for dear life, the daughter of Mars spat out a mouthful of hair and tried not to fall off. Her thighs ached from holding on so tightly and the leather of the reins left red burns on her hands. Oh how she missed New Rome's giant eagles...
    Nightfleet

Female

Post by Nightfleet 5/20/2018, 1:28 am

Valerie saw Lillie on her Pegasus rolling through the sky. She nudged Nova towards them. “Are you alright?” She called.
    FinnsRainbow
    FinnsRainbow

Male

Post by FinnsRainbow 5/20/2018, 5:57 am

Lillie turned around. It was Valerie, the girl she'd just met yesterday at the fire and sing alongs. She was riding a jet black Pegasus with a star on its forehead.
    "My Pegasus simply won't do as it's told!" she complained, to which her steed reared up in the air, almost kicking her off.
    Nightfleet

Female

Post by Nightfleet 5/20/2018, 7:39 pm

She laughed, yet it was still a dull tone, the coaching the Aphrodite girls gave her hadn’t worked. “Nova hates me at first. Of course, which is natural, since I smell of death to most people. You just have to spend more time with your horse, perhaps on land.”
    FinnsRainbow
    FinnsRainbow

Male

Post by FinnsRainbow 5/24/2018, 7:35 pm

"If I ever get back on land," Lillie grumbled between her teeth. "Calm down now, boy! Calm down!" But she had as much luck as, well… anyone who's ever asked someone to calm down when they were upset. Her Pegasus kept kicking and rearing, foaming at the mouth. Why did I think this was a good idea, Lillie wondered quietly.
    Nightfleet

Female

Post by Nightfleet 5/25/2018, 3:59 am

Valerie frowned. Nudging Nova into a downwards spiral, she waved her hand and a platform of black stone rose up for her to land on. The stone slowly sank back down into the ground as she touched down on it. Leaning on Nova for support, she saw Lille still going out of control. Could she risk using her powers like this twice in a row? The last time she did, she had started fading. That was two years ago, Valerie, she chided. Besides, she couldn’t let her new(and only) friend meet her end on an out of control pegasus. It’d be fine, she decided. “Lille, I’m going to help you! Just aim forward!” With that, she stretched her arms out in front of her. The rock had sunk completely down and disappeared into the ground. She had managed to land on the small ledge of rock, but she doubted Lille could do the same, given her situation. She called out to the ground. Help me, please. With a rumble, the ground answered her call and rose up a platform complete with a fence around the back half, right in front of where Lille was headed.
    FinnsRainbow
    FinnsRainbow

Male

Post by FinnsRainbow 5/26/2018, 7:14 am

Lillie was pretty sure she was about to die. Mentally preparing to face Pluto and his judges, she tore at the reins, trying to establish the tiniest sense of balance. But no. Her Pegasus hurtled towards the ground like a missile, and if it were not for a dark platform rising from the earth, she would've ended up like pancake.  
    Bang - bang - bang - The hooves connected with the stone. Lillie and her Pegasus came to a halt before she jumped off, break-falling to safety.

"HOLY MARS ULTOR," she gasped. "Who in the whole wide world decided it would be a good idea to stick wings on horses??"
    Nightfleet

Female

Post by Nightfleet 5/26/2018, 7:32 am

She grinned inside her heart. Maybe Poseidon did, she thought. “At leat you’re not dead!” She called playfully. Suddenly, a wave of nausea came over her. No, she thought in a panic. That was two years ago! Nothing like that can happen now. Her vision clouded over in black mist, and she crumpled to the ground.
    FinnsRainbow
    FinnsRainbow

Male

Post by FinnsRainbow 6/2/2018, 4:21 am

Lillie's fear for her own life switched to fear for her newfound friend's life. "Valerie? Val!" She hurried to her side, dropping to her knees next to her. After a quick pulse and breathing check, she concluded she must have fainted. What did the Greeks take again, ambrosia? She sighed enviously. Godly food. Whereas the demigods in Rome drank healing potions that tasted of horse fur. Nevertheless, she pulled out a flask from her boot, propped up Val's head and tipped it into her mouth.
    Nightfleet

Female

Post by Nightfleet 6/2/2018, 5:47 am

It wasn’t the first time, of course, but she was still afraid of it happening. She saw Natalie’s face swimming above her, then out as a manticore reared over her, swinging its tail barb, then another flashback as she hit herself with her own sword trying to swing it at a swarm of Stymphalian birds. She vaguely heard someone calling her name. She saw that grin which had endlessly annoyed her but always filled that hole in her heart, that opened again as soon as she left.
    Her eyes flew open. “Na- Oh. Lille.” She tried to hide the disappointment in her voice. Lille was a good friend, yes, and she didn’t want to be alone again. “I’m fine, really,” she insisted as she sat up.
    FinnsRainbow
    FinnsRainbow

Male

Post by FinnsRainbow 6/2/2018, 3:51 pm

Nah? What did she mean by Nah? But Lillie was too relieved to care. Her friend was alive. That was all that mattered right now.
    "Caesar Augustus and all the divi! You scared me!" She sighed as Val sat up. "You sure? Cause you don't really look like you're fine."
    Nightfleet

Female

Post by Nightfleet 6/2/2018, 10:42 pm

“Nothing, nothing. It’s happened before.” A cold feeling washed over her, tingling her spine. No, no. No no no no no. This wasn’t supposed to happen! It was too soon. Valerie didn’t think Chiron would allow her and a few healers to leave the camp in the middle of the year. The tingling stopped. She won’t hold out for long. Not without nectar or ambrosia. “Honestly, I’m fine, Lillie. Just let me... try something first.” To test her theory, she held out her fingers. She wasn’t sure if she was supposed to exert so much of her powers in one day, but this was an emergency. A child of Hermes, could they attempt this? She wasn’t even sure if she was a Hermes kid, she just seemed like on to Valerie. She stood up, and muttered a few words under her breath, “Come, spirit on the border of death. Hear the call of Thanatos, and answer me.” A ghostly spectrum of a figure appeared before her. She walked around it, examining it. How long can this last? I’ll have to move quick. Snapping her fingers, the image collapsed. She had forgotten Lillie was next to her.
    FinnsRainbow
    FinnsRainbow

Male

Post by FinnsRainbow 6/10/2018, 6:53 pm

Lillie's face was distorted by confusion and growing worry. Valerie did not look fine in the slightest. She was way too pale, and her skin was icy. But that was nothing to her shock when the ghost appeared.

"Holy Pluto! What is that? Is that a... is that a ghost?" Her eyes widened. She had never seen someone call upon a dead person before. It was eerie. Like a Halloween joke turned sour. Lillie grabbed the hilt of her gladius, ready to slice the phantom in two.
    Nightfleet

Female

Post by Nightfleet 6/11/2018, 10:51 am

Faster than you could blink, she had her sword drawn. “You will not slice her in two, or face me instead.” Then the ghost reappeared, this time fully formed. “Val, their’s no use fighting over me. You knew I would end up like this sooner or later.” Valerie turned around to face her. “You know I’ve promised you I would find a way to let you live. I’ve failed you when you gave up what you could have for me.” Her hand holding her sword shook. “I will find a way, Nabulae. I have cheated my father before, why not again? I’m willing to do this for you.” Turning back to Lille, she said, “please just excuse me for a while, I need some time alone.” Without sheathing her sword, she turned away dissapeared into the shadows to shadow travel, after gesturing for Nova to return to her stable. The ghost stayed where it was, a sad smile on her face.
    FinnsRainbow
    FinnsRainbow

Male

Post by FinnsRainbow 7/6/2018, 6:44 pm

Lillie stayed very still during the entire interaction. For once, the daughter of Mars didn't want to start a fight (shocking), especially not when it came to ghosts. Camp Jupiter had all sorts of stories about lemures and whatnot, most of them ending in blood and missing limbs. She'd always thought they were made up to scare probationes, but for some reason, she didn't feel like testing that theory just now.
    Valerie left, and she watched her go thoughtfully. Of course she wanted to understand, but she knew that right now was not the moment. Not sheathing her sword either, she turned to the ghost. Awkward. What do you say to a ghost? How do you not piss them off? Lillie tapped her cheek nervously. "So uh... that was cool. Wanna add me on Facebook or something?"
    Nightfleet

Female

Post by Nightfleet 7/7/2018, 6:01 am

The ghost grinned. “Sure! I’ll do that once I get back. Right now I can’t, since I’m appearing here and all, but I won’t last once Val’s gone. Don’t worry, I’ll have plenty of time in the underworld to do that, and I never forget anything interesting and worth my time. Ta ta!” With that, it flicked a wisp of smoke towards Lillie, disappearing the moment later.
    “I heard that!” Valerie called, without looking over her shoulder.
    FinnsRainbow
    FinnsRainbow

Male

Post by FinnsRainbow 7/9/2018, 6:56 am

Lillie's eyes almost popped out. Did she actually just add a dead person on social media? But she didn't have time to ask if she was serious or not cause the ghost poofed away into thin air. "Holy Caesar and all the divi," she mumbled.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 3/28/2024, 10:47 am