A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Going Up?

Algiz
    Algiz

Female
    Number of posts : 57
    Registration date : 2017-07-16

Going Up? Empty Going Up?

Post by Algiz 8/10/2018, 11:43 pm

Dorothy walked in from the outside street of Boston, entering into the expansive lobby of Hotel Valhalla, smiling as she carried a paper bag full of some food for her to make in her room, some magazines, and a new thing she had learned about called the IPhone. She didn’t travel to Midgard often, or at least to the modernized and glorious nations and cities that seemed to become more and more popular. But this December she felt as if she had to, and out she had gone in the Massachusetts winter. Now that she had returned though, she felt right back at home, the snow falling and melting from her coat and hat, both of which had gotten her compliments from the elderly mortals for being what they would wear as children and teenagers, but by the adults as well, being told it was so trendy to dress in such old fashioned clothing. It didn’t mind her at all though, as she had smiled and returned the compliment before starting on her day. Approaching the elevator she pressed the button for up, stepped back, and waited.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Going Up? Empty Re: Going Up?

Post by Morgan Landry 8/11/2018, 11:32 am

Lady arrived next to the elevator, her arms full of glossy presents and gift bags. Christmas was not a Viking holiday but it was a tradition she, Barbara and Ida shared, so it was important. Ida hadn't liked it so much at first, but Lady insisted. It was part of their culture.
    She usually did her Christmas shopping on Midgard, but she knew she'd need to visit Álfheim and Nidavellir too - there was a chainmail she'd spotted in the dwarven capital, with special options like acid touch and built-in chainsaw. Barbara would love it.
    The elevator doors dinged open. "After you," she smiled. The other Valkyrie looked about her death age but with 40s style clothes and shopping bags. "Christmas shopping?"
    Algiz
    Algiz

Female

Post by Algiz 8/11/2018, 1:54 pm

Dorothy flashed a grateful smile to the other Valkyrie, walking into the plush elevator first. Hundreds of buttons were displayed on one of the panels and soft court music played over the speakers. Pressing the button for her floor, she leaned against the wall and waited. At least until she heard the other woman ask her about the bags. “Yes indeed! There are quite amazing gadgets on Midgard! So many beautiful things to see and people to meet” She said with a hopeful sigh. “I had to get a few gifts for some of my hallmates and fellow warriors” She explained, looking over to the bags in which Lady was carrying. “How about you? Seems like you have quite the armful!”
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 8/12/2018, 12:12 pm

Lady laughed. "A few are for mates and sisters-in-arms but most are for my two girlfriends. I'm spoiling both of their @rses. Hold on, look at this." She popped out a classy cylinder, showing the brand. "Auchentoshan. Three wood, single malt. Smooth like velvet, and as soft as a man's ego, it's like pudding in a bottle. I think I'm still a bit tipsy," she confessed with a barely concealed belch. This one was for Ida: the daughter of Odin loved sitting in her huge oak chair by the fire during winter evenings with a glass of whiskey. "I need to go to Nidavellir too," she added, "they have seasonal deals right now and I need to spend my gold. Can't give Barbara only leather gloves and red hot boots!"
    Lady loved acting as a stylist to her friends and girlfriends, and regularly invited Valkyries and einherjar into her suite for make-overs and fashion advice. She had a knack for knowing which styles worked for whom and tailoring them to each person. This was why she'd gotten boxes of nail polish and glossy cosmetics, Instagram-worthy clutches, make-up sets and statement jewellery, each item labelled to a specific person in her head. She was going to spend the holidays styling everyone, she knew it.

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 2/17/2021, 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Algiz
    Algiz

Female

Post by Algiz 8/13/2018, 10:34 am

Dorothy smiled kindly and nodded “Those deals are quite interesting, Ive heard this year they are even expanding the sales into more storefronts and items” She replied, looking back to the buttons before taking a pause. “Barbara? As in leather jacket and massive hammer? Strange guitar?” She asked as she tilted her head with a kind smile.
    Of course, then the norns decided to mess with her, the bottom of the paper bags tearing as she shifted, her items falling out onto the floor. Her cans of vegetables bounced around and a curse left her lips as she dropped to her knees, trying to contain her items. Magazines, phone case, a book or two, but mostly it was fresh produce and cans that now lay around her as she sighed. “Sorry…These paper bags don’t seem to hold up as they used to” She said, giving a small laugh to try to ease the tension.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 8/14/2018, 7:08 am

Lady immediately put down her bags and helped her pick everything up. She gathered vegetables and books, before taking one of her own shopping bags and putting them in. "Here, use this," she said. She quickly checked the gift inside - it was a pair of statement earrings, gold and art-deco. "You know what, you can keep what's inside. I think it'll suit you well. Just don't open until Christmas!"
    Algiz
    Algiz

Female

Post by Algiz 8/14/2018, 7:21 am

Dorothy blushed as the two of them helped to put everything in the gift bag, glancing over to her with a mixture of thanks and surprise. "Are you sure? If you have that gift planned for someone else, I dont want to intrude..." She began, standing back up but leaving the bag sitting on the floor.

"Besides, I dont have a gift for you" The young woman added, loosening her overcoat as the heat inside of the hotel started to take effect.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 8/16/2018, 6:34 am

"Kindness isn't business," Lady said, scratching herself. "I can get that same gift again, or buy something else. And don't bother about getting me anything, this is Christmas, not a transaction."
    She gathered her bags as the elevator doors dinged open. A soothing voice announced the level in Old Norse. "Is this your floor?"
    Algiz
    Algiz

Female

Post by Algiz 8/18/2018, 7:26 am

Dorothy had her mouth open in protest but paused as she glanced over to the floor in which they had stopped and nodded "Yes, It is. Perhaps sometime you would like to go on an adventure?" She asked as she picked up the bag full of her items and smiled kindly to the other valkyrie, noting just how perfect her sense of fashion truly was.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 9/20/2018, 4:21 am

"An adventure?" Lady cocked an eyebrow, grinning. "Isn't that we've been doing since we died?"

OOC: sorry for the short post, im working :P
    Algiz
    Algiz

Female

Post by Algiz 9/25/2018, 9:24 am

Dorothy paused for a moment in quiet thought before nodding. "Yes, I do believe you are right. Well, thats not an issue to have one more is it?" She asked, stepping off of the elevator onto her floor.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 9/28/2018, 10:57 am

"As long as I get home in time to have dinner with my girlfriends," Lady said with a cheeky smile. "Call me on the wristbands." And, with a musical ding, the elevator doors slid close and Lady was catapulted upwards into the floors of Valhalla.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 3/28/2024, 8:10 pm