A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Another Year gone by.

Jinjaku
    Jinjaku

Male
    Number of posts : 175
    Registration date : 2015-12-09

Another Year gone by. Empty Another Year gone by.

Post by Jinjaku 12/28/2018, 12:53 pm

Jin sighed, another year had come and gone by. Seems like it was just January now he was a year older, a little wiser, stronger and to his surprise happier. A lot had happened that year, he had finally met his mother, he still could barely believe it sometimes. Visiting her on Olympus was always the highlight of his week. He'd also introduced Jase to his mother, that was a sight to see. The tough wise-cracking thief left tongue-tied and nervous in front h=of his mothers' awe-inspiring and wonderfully depressing presence.

Speaking about Jase, he had finally landed the score of a lifetime, which he was still planning to this day, the stingy old man wouldn't let anything slip except it was the biggest heist they'd ever do and the world would ever see but it was Jase so he didn't put much stock in his words and accepted the words with a sceptical nod of his head.

Stumbling slightly, Jin was brought back to reality as he realised he had bumped into someone. "Sorry I wasn't watching were I was going." Jin apologised offering his hand out.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Another Year gone by. Empty Re: Another Year gone by.

Post by Morgan Landry 1/2/2019, 5:41 pm

"That's not a bother." Oizys' voice was cold and raspy, but held only warm tones for her son. In those tattered trousers and that smelly old sweater, the goddess  looked like a bony homeless woman who'd just come off the subway. But her eyes, sunken into her skull, betrayed her might. Her aura was one of misery and suffering yet there was an undeniable power to it: the power to inflict it, the power to reduce others to that same picture famine and pain and affliction. She may not be the most cheerful deity, but she was by far not the weakest.
    Oizys gestured to the table which Jin had been sitting at. "Let us eat, son, and chat." All around them, a silence had fallen. Indeed, every camper had frozen in place as soon as Oizys had appeared, including Chiron. It was like time itself had been suspended for the mother and son to be together.
    Jinjaku
    Jinjaku

Male

Post by Jinjaku 1/2/2019, 8:13 pm

"That's not a bother." Jin froze, he could recognise that raspy voice anywhere. "Mom" he whispered out completely baffled at her appearance, although he was also happy that she was indeed here in the camp with him.

Backing up slightly in order to get a look at her, he realised that they had still been holding hands and he found that he didn't exactly mind at all. He was just happy to be with his mother at the moment, "Screw looking weak, my mom came to visit me" Jin thought in a fit of immaturity.
    His thought was put to an end as his mother addressed him "Let us eat, son, and chat." And with that they strolled over to the table he had been sitting at, so Mother, what brings you here to camp, not that I don't like your company, of course, I do. Jin rambled on before shutting up embarrassed.

Expecting at least some sort of reaction from the campers, Jin turned to them wondering why it had gotten so quiet, only to see that everyone had been frozen in time. Looking towards his mother for answers, she instead gestured to the seat beside him beckoning him to sit.

Last edited by Jinjaku on 1/4/2019, 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/4/2019, 12:49 pm

OOC: When I said they had frozen in place, they literally froze in place! Oizys made time stop so that she could visit Jin without anyone else knowing it. I'm sorry for the confusion D:

BIC: Oizys sat down at the table, the wood splintering at her touch. Her eyes were on Jin - although she wasn't used to positive emotions, there was definitely something motherly about her in that moment. "You bring me here," she replied in a raspy voice. "The Fates have granted me a glimpse into your future and although I cannot reveal it to you, I came to warn you anyway. You will be tested soon, my son, and you need to be ready."
    Jinjaku
    Jinjaku

Male

Post by Jinjaku 1/4/2019, 6:13 pm

A comfortable silence fell between the two, as they basked in each others company before his mother broke the silence and spoke. "You bring me here," looking at her in confusion, Jin asked what she had meant, to which she had replied "the Fates have granted me a glimpse into your future and although I cannot reveal it to you, I came to warn you anyway. You will be tested soon, my son, and you need to be ready."

Thanking her for the information, he assured her he would be fine and make sure to be cautious from now on.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/10/2019, 6:29 pm

Oizys studied her son with a sorrow in her eyes that was deeper than usual. He looked so brave, so sure of himself. "I'll be fine," he said. Oizys knew differently. But she also knew that her son had had his share of misery and that this was in all likelihood just another bad news after so many. His "I'll be fine" was closer to "Don't worry about me". Her heart ached even more.

"You're strong. I have brought you a gift though," she said, "which you may find useful."
    Jinjaku
    Jinjaku

Male

Post by Jinjaku 1/12/2019, 1:50 pm

Observing his mother, he could see the deep sorrow in her eyes, he was immediately worried because he could tell this was different from her normal sorrowful look, this sorrow was held out of concern, concern for him as her child. That was probably why he replied the way he did, all confident and arrogantly. He guessed he did it to reassure her, give her some peace of mind.

He guessed it worked because she replied telling him he was strong. Strong but not in a physical sense, but more like he was strong at heart. A person with the kind of heart willing to take on any burden to keep the ones closest to him safe.

"You mentioned a gift, can I guess what it is?" Jin replied to her last sentence before listing a couple weapons far to absurd for him to even wield.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 3/28/2024, 9:10 am